Who was wrong here?

Who was wrong here?

I'd say the Knight. After all, he's a cocksure idiot who won't listen to the professional who is trying to save his life.
I'd get annoyed and snarky after the 3 times of "No, it will KILL you!" too.

They both were, for underestimating one another

But the potion seller could have just gave him a weaker potion, or atleast a potion that wouldn't kill him.

He didn't HAVE any weaker potions. So he referred the knight to weaker potions.

We have to think of the cultural aspects of this altercation as well.
Knights were BETTER then peasants and normal folk. This was just how their society worked. As the Knight says, the Potion Seller was a rascal with no respect. He didn't even try to show respect for the knight, as the Knight's station was due.
PS even admits to having no respect for Knights. He should have been flogged.

The knight specifically asked for the strongest potion though. The seller couldn't just lie about it, he just informed the knight that it would kill him.

At that point the knight should have said "well just give me the strongest one I could handle"

>"You can't handle any of my potions, they're too strong for you."

Doubt it. The potion seller was just too high level.

Reddit posting here mostly.

The potion seller is very proud of his work. Why would he waste time brewing weak potions when his time is better spent perfecting his craft?

this.

This

>complain about Reddit
>"le this"

Seconding this.

If a knight orders you to give him your strongest potion, you give him your strongest potion.
Sure, warn him about the dangers, but still give it to him. He's the one in charge here.

Why make goods you can't sell

What if the potion seller is actually the king, and he just makes and sells potions in his spare time?

He's just poking fun at his favorite knight, taunting him. His potions aren't even that strong, he just tells everyone they are.

Basically. How is the potion seller in business if he only sells makes potions suitable for the strongest of beings?

Well, in that case, the knight is in the wrong. No need to get salty over a little joke and call the King a rascal.

Because he is the best potion maker in the land. The greatest of beings come from far and wide to aquire even a drop of his powerful potions.

The knight that we see is a weakling. Wasn't even good enough to just take what he wanted. He got rekt by a non-combat npc. He doesn't deserve the potions of power.

Look up artisanal markets sometime.

I can never NOT laugh at this.

Knight was a whiny bitch.

Veeky Forums, was your last character strong enough for the Potion Seller's strongest potions?

I love this damn video.

how many scoops do i need to take to be able to drink his potions?

at least three

>current character a fairly wimpy urchin kid
fuck no

He was a vampire, immune to poison, so yeah, probably strong enough for the strongest

Would a healing potion that was too strong for a player character even count as poison damage? I'd of thought of it as it causes rapid cellular regeneration, and too strong of a concentration would be like a healthy person having Deadpool's healing factor, so you'd basically explode

I figured they wouldn't really exist in a Middle-ages esque setting

Who says it's a healing potion?
Could be a buff his body isn't strong enough to support.

if all his potions are too strong, then I dare say a healing potion of his could kill you too. A potion that gives you a physical buff probably would cause massive tissue damage from rapid muscle expansion

Skeletons can't drink potions

He could maybe marinate in them though, in which case yes, he was strong enough.

This. If the potion seller likes his super powerful potions so much he should make a small number of super powerful potions that he sells at an exorbitant price and then have a bunch of lesser potions that he sells for much less but still much more than they are worth.

So he should work like the high fashion industry, known for their super expensive shit but most of their money coming from cheaper crap with the big name attached to it.

Could you dilute the Potion Sellers potions to make them usable by a mortal man?

It's the potion's fault

The knight would not listen

>His skeletons doesn't drink potions.

the potion seller

because he's a rascal

The potion for being too strong

>Mutant & Masterminds hero with Immortality 10
Probably not, but if the potions were too strong for him then he's probably come back to life a day later, provides the potions didn't completely destroy his body.

The artist

The Potion Seller's potions are so strong that if you try to dilute his potions with water the water just becomes more potion.

What if you use alcohol?

It becomes a double strength potion if you use alcohol.

But can I still get drunk?

You, for posting unfunny shit threads.

No, it'd be too strong and kill you.

If the Knight was going into battle, wouldn't drinking the strongest potions be a breach of the rules of chivalry?

Damn. Will my corpse be drunk?

It'd be dead.

It would get shorted out by plain water. The potion would surely disintegrate it.

Probably, they are in fact a giant monster

my character is a robot without a mouth

what do

that's exactly where they were most prominent, what the heck was your line of thought?