Paladin advice thread

Is this a good way to paladin?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sJXZRxOmaOw
1d4chan.org/wiki/Powder_Keg_of_Justice
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes, make every kid want you to be their dad.
Then exploit that.

>Then exploit that.
That doesn't seem very paladin-ish.

Superman is the ultimate paladin.

Yes.
Why did you do this? Did you just want to give me feels?

Also, keep in mind that this guy is a Paladin too.

I'm in a D&D campaign, currently playing a bookish wizard. If he dies or for whatever reason I decide to retire him, my backup character is a paladin. I've never played one before, and I tend toward playing the sneaky, tricky characters, so I was looking for inspiration. Thought Supes (when well-written) might be a good place to start.

Superman is basically the most shining example of Lawful Good in existence and is my go to example when explaining the alignments to new players.

youtube.com/watch?v=sJXZRxOmaOw

Posting examples of good comic book paladins.

Here is Veeky Forumss standard advice on the subject.

Gygax paladin best type of paladin.

>tfw I agree with Red Skull

O-Chul is one of the rightest ways to do paladin right.
He's awesome virtually every time he appears, but I thought this one sums his awesomeness up greatly. Mind you, he was being tortured for months while gathering said list.

Strangely relevant to this year or two

>paladin thread
>posts Red Skull's raving about immigrants and refugees
Why don't you post this as a paladin oath too?

>Why don't you post this as a paladin oath too?
Because it was stupid then, and it's still stupid now.

So is thinking the Red Skull speech is paladin-worthy.

Then again there are other directions you could take your paladin

1d4chan.org/wiki/Powder_Keg_of_Justice

this thing

On a scale of 1-10, how paladin is this?

Because we've very recently entered the age of bizarro-comics, where villains are heroes and heroes are villains.

You should probably take more than one semester of civics.

>Gygax paladin
Best paladin indeed!

Wonder Woman was all about feminism from the very beginning.

*and bondage

4. They're not always good, they're pure law and by its nature law is more often good than not.

Not even the same guy. I just think that the Anti-Life Equation literally being a math equation was fucking stupid.

Yeah, and she started out in the 60s, with the explicit intention of being a good example to young girls. Now that feminism has evolved from "I want equal pay for equal work" to "we're all equal, but women are more equal to men", our feminist vessel has to follow the empty feminist rhetorics where it leads her.

Wonder Woman is a relic of an age long past and should get the Old Yeller treatment.

And don't even get me started on how stupid Clithor is.

>Posting Justice
Gygax Paladin does not countenance malign laws, though. And working under either Esdeath or the Prime Minister definitively counts as such. Not actively working against a CE direct superior and a NE figure at the top is actively against the duties of a paladin.

If I recall correctly, they're closer to Jedi than Paladins, right down to their elder council or whatever they're called being a bunch of aloof pretentious twats who make horrible decisions because of it.

>Below the shoulders
>From the wrist
>Look out evil
>It's my fist

It's pretty meh otherwise, but the dub for All Might from that Hero Academy anime when he's fighting against the monster with the exposed brain is also pretty righteous.

OP here. What about Samurai Flamenco?

I know that AgK is a twodimensional gorefest that would never explore deeper ideas, but I have to wonder how much of that is true and how much JUSTICE simply idolizes Esdeath and other authority figures to the point of becoming blind to their faults. If she actually figured out Esdeath creates war for the sake of war, would she be fine with it or attempt to bring the hammer of JUSTICE down on the empire itself?

>yfw you realize the lasso compels those bound by it to speak the truth
>mfw the "progressive" characters are shown using force to silence dissent
>mfw this is a subtle redpill

>xenophobia
>wrong
>captain "America"
>refuses to kill or use guns at all
Take your kike capeshit and get out. That goes for jewperman, too. Objective truth demands fanaticism.

Any particular versions that brings out the most Lawful Good type of Superman?

Most things from the Silver Age of comics (50s-70s).

Superman vs the Elite?

Almost as though the leftist kike that wrote it was too fucking retarded to comprehend anything other than 1:1 allegory for political propaganda or something...

why does he need optical sight on a minigun?

All-Star

would batman be neutral good or lawful neutral?

All-Star Superman I think

Captain America wastes people all the time. What are you on about? Not one member of the Avengers is not a cold blooded killer.

One of the reasons he's such an excellent Lawful Good is how down to earth and rational he is; he's always relatively calm (mild-mannered you might say), and tries to think through things when he acts.
He works with the law as much as possible, but if the law is in the wrong place he's willing to work against it, though it clearly makes him uncomfortable having to do so.

Hell, yeah, it is!

>"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice!"

No one even teaches civics anymore. He's just brainwashed into thinking everything not leftist is bad.

Was about to post , its official title is "Whats so funny about truth, justice and the American Way?"

Depending on which version you're talking about, he could be any alignment

His alignment depends on who's writing him. Just like basically any comic character written by different writers over the course of decades.

Depends on which version of Batman we're talking about, unless we're using a Batman with his most iconic traits (i.e. Doesn't use guns, no-killing rule, etc.).

And when he isn't there is no doubt that evil shall be smited.

He's right, you know. Look at Germany and how the media will say "Good job, we're heroes for letting them in!", yet crime has gone up exponentially, and the government is even enacting hate-speech laws and crazily enough, enforcing them! Look at Sweden, which is now the rape capital of the world!

Personally, I'd have to go with Batman TAS' rendition of him if I wanted to put an alignment on him.

You can generally tell what's the "good guys" side of things by checking up on what Superman's doing, at least Earth-1's (or whatever the fuck they're calling the main universe these days) Superman.

Alternate universe Supermans are often evil this last decade because I guess comics writers think it's edgy and clever despite it being done over eight times already, each time shittier and worse written then the last.

>implying Capt doesn't usually stand for the value of all men are created equal
m8

>refuses to use guns
M8!

Mm'kay /pol/, now let's get back on topic and keep posting paladins

Like seriously m8

The only "le evil Superman" I liked was the one from that one Justice League episode. The one who lobotomized Doomsday and had the sweet white on black costume.

Cap is true american

In the comics Cap strongly prefers to avoid using guns while specifically fighting crime in the US because he is not an empowered law enforcement official and thus has no authority to execute them off-hand.
The thing is, none of the Avengers films (or Marvel films in general) have much actual crime-fighting going on, and there's a lot more stopping jumped-up high-tech terrorists and threats to the United States, mostly of the high treason sort.

So far Ant-Man is actually the ONLY superhero in the MCU who's movie storyline has actually done anything like real crime-fighting, as his film was about stopping a guy from illegally selling advanced weapons to shady-ass people.

....that's not Steve Rogers, you know that?
It's Bucky.

Justice Lords Superman, aye.
Swag costume too.

>thinking this makes him any less of a true American

So? Still Cap

He's only a true american if he starts eating cheeseburgers and blocks of butter

anything less is just unpatriotic

Wasn't saying that.
For awhile anyway.
I just check because...well, you know. People who talk shit about comics but never read any comics at all, just Wikipedia articles.

Wait, people still read comics?

even truer then. Rogers's Irish after all. That's why he uses fists often.

Only so they can shit on people who only watch the movies

I wish they would go for the "cloak over shoulders" look for mainline Supes. Especially since his latest design looks like dogshit.

Something like this.

I'm really digging this thread so far, political shit aside.

In so many paladin threads, people jizz themselves over stories/examples of paladins who are assholes and constantly on edge, as if liking the archetypal paladin is somehow wrong, and being both good and nice means you're automatically lawful stupid.

My next paladin will be friendly to people unless given a good reason not to, go to the local orphanage whenever there is one, just to brighten the kids' day, try to resolve conflicts without violence unless those conflicts involve wanton cruelty or there isn't time to negotiate without risk of much more harm, and spend his evenings before he sleeps, while the wizard is preparing spells, praying for the souls of anyone he had to kill that day.

I've been away for a while. Does Veeky Forums really do that now? That's like a complete reversal of the last time I saw it come up.

I read comics because I like DC characters and DC movies are awful.

>watch Marvel movies but don't bother reading their shit comics
>read DC comics but don't bother watching their shit movies

>bound to speak what they believe is the truth
Ftfy

Yes and no. It's just that the edgy shit tends to cause arguments, and thus it's more memorable.

Wouldn't that make them a 6...?

Their animated movies are alright.

Was pretty sad that Aquaman got less focus in his own movie than Cyborg, though.

>tfw never getting a good Aquaman film

whole heart i agree too

My next paladin will be flamboyant and bombastic. Spends many nights at taverns singing songs and telling exaggerated tales of his adventures. One of his goals is to do good deeds and be such a memorable person that stories of his deeds spread far. The intention is that people will hear of people doing this good deeds and be inspired to do a little more good in their lives.

This is on top of all the normal paladin work,

>exaggerated
doesn't deliberate lying make you fall?

Not many. It's not a very successful business.
This has the unfortunate side-effect of making most actual comics (Marvel's especially) pretty bad as they try EVERYTHING to improve sales, which doesn't really work out and makes them worse.

That said, older comics are The Shit and pretty much everything good about superheroes comes from them.
Well, that and shooting people is less awesome then the shield thing.
No, I actually like the movies. They're different, so I don't judge them the same way.
However, I don't like people who pretend to know about shit when they don't know anything about anything at all; it's basically someone saying
>"I am fully aware of how deep my ignorance is on a subject, but I'm actually perfectly okay with merely the superficial appearance of knowledge."

As long as someone mentions that what they know comes only from the movies, then that's fine because that's how the majority of people are introduced to superheroes and I have no issues about that.
However, I dislike people pretending they know everything about them when frequently they can't even get information that happened in the movie they ACTUALLY SAW correct when they talk about it.

Depends on the god and the gm.

>tfw everybody will keep thinking that Aquaman is a weakling

We're contrarian. When too many people are trying to look on the bright side of things we wanted to show them the edgy grimdarkness of the world. With Snyder broadcasting Dark Grey v Darker Grey supers and Trump supporters existing we want to remind people that good can prevail.

Kinda what I've been doing.
Besides, my favorite DC character likely won't ever even BE in the movies, so how else am I going to get some Dick?

>Well, that and shooting people is less awesome then the shield thing.
but more American.

Every good story deserves embellishment. He isn't giving historical accounts, he is telling grandiose stories based off his own adventures

>can summon a shark
>in a world with flying superstrong virtually invulnerable superheroes
>in a world with Batman who has Oceanic Repellent Bat Sprays

what a useless power

If the bullets had the American flag painted on it, it would be more American, I grant you.
Beating someone up with a steel representation of the American flag thrown by someone who has the Strength of America and the Speed of America and the Constitution of America is more American at the moment however.

He also rules 70% of the world's surface area, has a pet Kraken, has super strength, can technically give people seizures or even kill them wit his mind, and has fought Lovecraftian horrors and won before.

Also, in one comic, he cut off his own hand to save his kid. So that's pretty hardcore.

Well, he can also bench a city, that helps.
Aquaman has literally done that once, BTW.
He also has to spend time dealing with the single most successful and psychopathic supervillain ever.

The Justice League show adequately summed up Arthur's personality as thus;
>"I am the King of the Seas and I literally do not have time for your bullshit today."

>Kraken
>Lovecraftian horrors
>oceanic nations
vs
>Oceanic Repellent Bat Sprays

Batman wins

he should also have tiny holes in them so they whistle star-spangled banner as they fly

I don't know if I'm being baited. I thought Veeky Forums had better standards.

He didn't lose his hand saving his son. He failed to save his son and later lost the hand through a different villain. At least that was the original time.

>He also has to spend time dealing with the single most successful and psychopathic supervillain ever.
This. Black Manta is fucking crazy. He killed Aquaman's son via air suffocation and has since been the driving force in Aquaman's life sucking.

Dude is pure evil.

better?