Reprint good old cards

>reprint good old cards
>set is popular

fuck me, why did it take them so long to realise this

Other urls found in this thread:

mythicspoiler.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

does anyone know what the print run is like on this set?

Watch as WotC in a few months tries to claim that the popularity was entirely due to the monarch mechanic or some nonsense and had nothing to do with the reprints.

Supposedly ongoing print to match demand.

I'll believe it when I see it

Show and tell, IoK and visions are going to absolutely plummet

They have to sneak these things past "investors" and "collectors" who were distracted by the Force of Will printing in EMA.

honestly I cannot wait to see the tears

>khans_of_tarkir.txt

Why did they say KTK was popular? I know it was because of the fetchlands, but the wedge theme was popular with casuals and it had one of the best limited formats I've ever played on top of that (3x KTK)

I played the living shit out of that limited format, probably 200+ drafts but otherwise don't pay attention to magic.

I too loved the wedge theme. Three-color cards appease my inner Timmy even more now that I play mostly EDH.

Same here. Honestly, if they weren't planning to sell the card, they have no right to bitch. "oh, this 200$ card in my deck is now not worth 200$, god, magic is such shit now that more people can play with cards I own"

you have to also remember that Theros was a commercial success though, despite being largely panned by all level of players

Theros wasn't that bad, actually.
It was a fine draft format, had great themes, nice mechanics, loadsa ecards for EDHfags.

People are propably being salty because the standard format was all mono-decks, but I was fine with that. The fanbase has been asking for mono-black to be a competitive thing for a while, and then when they got it, they didn't like it.

Literally the only fault of Theros was the fact that it came right after RTR, which was a fantastic block, and had the greatest standard format in recent history.

Theros wasn't even close to BFZ-tier of bad.

Born of the gods

>implying Daretti won't see play in Vintage
3CMC walker that interacts with artifacts? Pleasseeeee

Literally described as an 'unlimited print run set'

Everything in the set is going to have its price crushed, just like original conspiracy

>implying the set will sell more than any recent standard set

Why is there no new muzzio, or any mention of him in the new set? Same with Bassandra.

Daretti is probably gonna kill him in the fluff

why not? It's a win/win set for the players

fun format AND you get good cards

I can see it bringing back a lot of players who usually only buy singles

Born of the Gods was terrible, but Journey to Nix was pretty swell. Enemy colour gods were the coolest of them all.

Exiled for Conspiracy 3

Still pissed me off that they didn't focus on the point of the wedge. Made things really shitty since the point is its how the color mingles with its enemies and opposites. But that was probably to hard for them so instead they just my duels with a splash of its enemy. Such a fucking waste.

They probably think it was popular for the same reason Ravnica is popular: factions. They wouldn't be wrong. Multiple factions in a set allow for the player to identify with something, and allows for a 'throw mechanics to the wall and see what sticks' design that ensures that there's something for everyone to like. Prowess and Delve had a large impact on all formats.

Don't forget that design can't say 'reprints did the job', since design doesn't have control of big reprints, R&D does. Design cares about what they did to make a set successful, so when they talk about it naturally they won't talk about reprints.

>We dont like the real reason our set was so popular so were just going to ignore it!

Sounds like bad business to me.

Saying the product was so successful because a different team did so much better work than you is not good for your career

So? Ignoring the reason for something is even worse. If they did so bad that the reason it was good was reprints then they need to change and get better. This sounds like they dont want to get better since that takes effort and work so they just ignore it all together so they can keep being shit.

If I was their boss I would threaten to fire them over this.

Honestly, when you look back at the latest blocks its easy to see neiher Khans or Theros were that bad. In fact, if we consider sets from Theros to the present day its one of the best.

>Eldritch Moon
>Khans of Tarkir
>Shadows over Innistrad
>Theros
>Oath of the Gatewatch
>Dragons of Tarkir
>Journey into Nix
>Fate Reforged
>Saviors of Zendikawa
>Born of the Gods

And this is the simple truth unveiled by retrospective. No matter how hard Grognards like to shit on WOTC, Theros was a boring block with a pretty excellent first block, Khans REALLY was good and interesting beyond and the entire Shadows block is the best we've got since Return to Ravnica (the set, since Gatecrash and Dragon's Maze were pretty meh).

The problem with Theros is that it was vastly underpowered. It had no effect on RTR standard, then had 1 card that overpowered the rest of the format later (like Jace VP). There were all of 2 or 3 eternal playable new cards printed in the entire block. BFZ may have been a bad set, but Theros was a bad block.

>Theros was a boring block with a pretty excellent first
It's funny because the first set was the one with Thoughtseize in.

>Theros
7/10
>Born of the Gods
6/10
>Journey into Nix
5/10
>Khans of Tarkir
7/10
>Fate Reforged
5/10
>Dragons of Tarkir
4/10
>Saviors of Zendikawa
5/10
>Oath of the Gatewatch
4/10
>Shadows over Innistrad
7/10
>Eldritch Moon
8/10

If you asked creative what they did that helped the set sell they literally can't say reprints because they have no involvement in what reprints get put in.

If you ask R&D on the other hand, they could say reprints. However, Maro is not part of R&D so we hear nothing about it.

but thats the problem. What if nothing they did help sell the set? They cant just make up a reason and have it be valid. Think of the lazy guy part of every school project that puts not work into the project but when its turned in tries to claim marks. He didn't do anything it was everyone else that did the work.

There has to be an option of "We failed" or they wont ever get better.

>putting Born of the Gods higher than 2/10

That wasn't personal that was how my LGS felt on it. DoT was so bad they canceled drafts because no one showed up for them. Oath was so bad they had 57 prerelease kits left over. They still got a stack of 20 or so no one will buy.

BotG didn't get that low. I can only guess why but it didn't get as bad as other sets.

Those investors should stick to Wall Street and not some cardboard game that holds no actual assets unless you own the P9 and old Duals, which is few and far between.

Investors are literally cancer that ruins games.

And yet WotC will continue to cater to them, because they make them money.

Good

(((Collectors))) badly need to be put in the fucking oven.

Which is stupid because I guarantee you none of those "investors" hold any of Hasbro's stock or their subsidiaries like WotC's shares, so they're not voting on actual business decisions that can alter the game. It's a total clusterfuck of sweat and other putrid fluids.

How does it make them money? The secondary market makes them nothing.

>DoT
It's DTK, user.

Cogwork has been outlawed, for some reason. Probably because Brago realized just how much power the academy was amassing through their control over it and the jobs done by cogs.

The Acadamy has been dissolved. Muzzio is exiled. We don't know where he is now.

I see two reasons for this. The first is to reserve some major players for later Conspiracy sets when Muzzio comes back to take over the place after Marchesa bites it.

The second is that the very next set int he line is Kaladesh, an artifact heavy plane of thopters and clockwork and invention.

They probably put Muzzio on a bus so that they could save all of the cool artifact shit for Kaladesh, because with Muzzio around Fiora and Kaladesh would sort of bleed into each other thematically.

If you want to boil it down marketing is what sells the set. Marketing is responsible for the recent sales breaking sets. The video games directly lead to the zendikar and beyond sales increase. Thats marketing.

Your lazy guy analogy is bad because we know they're not just phoning it in, and we know that Maro is really probably the only thing holding MtG together design wise. They're hardly being lazy.

They can't come out and call product bad, they're contractually bound not to. That doesn't keep them from knowing something was shit internally tho. Maro's state of design is next week and he'll be talking about all the failings of BfZ, and I for one am on the edge of my seat waiting to see what the fuck happened there.

Can someone explain the triple parenthesis meme to me. I've been seeing it everywhere lately.

It's a dogwhistle

> I for one am on the edge of my seat waiting to see what the fuck happened there.

this. How the fuck do you make a limited set where Green is undraftable?

Your LGS is a bunch of idiots. OGW is a mirrodin level set in terms of meta changes it created. Things are now pre and post OGW. If your local group decided they didn't like eldrazi in OGW then they're gonna miss out when all that stuff is expensive down the line.

I wish but you and I both know they are going to say the niggress plainwalker was the key to success, just kill me now

>Maro's state of design is next week and he'll be talking about all the failings of BfZ

"Once again we were to cautious to try anything radical and refused to push cards. We instead played ultra conservative opting to overprice and under value in case the card became 'broken.' We have plans to do this in all future sets."

There I just summed it all up for you. No need to watch.

You know how when people are making fun of a position, or saying soemthing outrageous and want to telegraph how not serious they are about it, they will use absurd punctuation THIS!!!!1!2007!!!!!?!!?;!!!

Its like that. Intentionally being as infantile and aggravating as possible in a manner that is supposed to draw attention to how stupid the people you are mocking are, but which wraps around and just makes you look like a stupid asshole instead.

These are people who have failed to remember the basic rule of message boards: ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

Or, in terms they would understand:

#%#~IR0NIC~#%# shitposting is still shitposting.

This. Especially since aesthetically Kaladesh and Fiora are a bit similar.

>I own 7 copies of Kozilek's Return

I suspect we're going to be seeing Return + emerge creatures for a long time

>Theros
6/10
>Born of the Gods
2/10
>Journey into Nix
4/10
>Khans of Tarkir
9/10
>Fate Reforged
8/10
>Dragons of Tarkir
7/10
>Saviors of Zendikawa
5/10
>Oath of the Gatewatch
4/10
>Shadows over Innistrad
8/10
>Eldritch Moon
8/10

Fixed

it means the thing in the center is jewish

like this: (((mark rosewater)))

My store averages 150 people at a prerelease. Its not just a group. Basically everyone I talked to at the store said Oath was a huge let down. It was not because of the eldrazi. They felt the story was subpar, the cards were boring and did not allow for enough deck archtypes, the mechanics were only okay, the costs of cards were to high, there were not enough interesting chase cards, and the limited environment was just unfun. I was at a draft where at the second pack three different people just put them down and left. They were so completely unsatisfied with what they picked and the state of their second pack they just opted to quit instead of play.

>They were so completely unsatisfied with what they picked and the state of their second pack they just opted to quit instead of play.

And still I bet Wizards thought it was a success because of the amount of retards who suck up to maro on tumblr

absurd format-breaking cards != good set

The reason will be because the 2 set switch happened and R&D had to make BfZ from scratch. Not whatever this narrative you're trying to spin is

That is even worse than before. Now were stuck with the fucking Jacetice league because they are a bunch if talent less hacks.

JIDF detected

The triple paren punctuation is mocking a twitter trend of Jews and Jew supporters doing that to their names on the site ie (((Jew Supporter))). Not whatever bullshit you just posted.

Wizards probably thinks it was a success because it probably sold gangbusters, just like mirrodin did back when it came out.

Nah, we're stuck with the Jacetice League because corporate wants characters they can make a movie out of. Design allows it because they know they can't keep pulling mechanics out of their ass forever.

They know they can reuse mechanics right? They can even reuse them on other planes other than the one they first appeared on right? They know they dont have to keep making new mechanics and its ok if they have a set with all old mechanics right?

Limiting mechanics to one set limits how those mechanics can be explored and more importantly fixed.

>Journey into Nix
>5/10
Ill never understand this, so many great cards in this set

>OGW is a mirrodin level set
It took me a bit to realize you meant that as a compliment and not an insult.

Lets make an enchantment maters block!

Should we make interesting and game defining enchantments? or Should we just make all the enchantments creatures and over cost the fuck out of them?

>Ill never understand this, so many great cards in this set

it's more the fact that it was the "official" enchantment themed set, yet nearly all the enchantments were overcosted or had no synergy. Maro has since said that it was a failure of a set, but they will not try an enchantment set again. Sucks

That's dangerously close to just reprinting sets (which I'd love to see). If you're just reprinting a set then why do you need design? These people want to keep their jobs user.

>mfw Tamiyo is now Bant because muh self-insert for weebs
>mfw Elspeth died for mongol face
>mfw Garruk got cursed to make room for elf hitler
>mfw all my favorite walkers are being shoved out of the way for the shitty Jacetice League

And now Liliana's been pulled onto the fuckup train, without a good reason, and no character outside the Jacetice Leauge will ever be getting characterization. Worse, nobody in the League will get any either, knowing Wizards - Jace will be "know-it-all teen who regularly gets taught a lesson in humility and regularly forgets it," Gideon will be "muh allies" and the constant frontliner, Chandra will be "DUDE FIRE LMAO" with no care for her parents and never any in-team drama with Gideon, Nissa will just be a tree-hugging elf, and now Liliana has gone "I-I'm only doing this because I want all this stuff b-baka." And they'll be like that forever. Jacetice League needs to go and stay go.

What got reprinted?

>Reprenting sets

What? Why not take mechanics from all over and mush them together? I would love to see mechanics interact that never got to in standard. Why not reprint mechanics everyone agreed that were broken fixed so that they are fair? Why not reprint mechanics they played it to safe with at a lower cost so they are fun?

What about all the "idea's" they had for mechanics but they couldn't fit them into the set because they could only make so many cards?

Saying they are just reprinting sets is retarded.

mythicspoiler.com/

Look for yourself. Notably they reprinted show and tell. But they reprinted a LOT of things quite a few of them 10+ dollar cards.

>someone hasn't read house of leaves

It started as a alt-right/stormfag meme before the jews and jew supporters started doing it to combat them you know.

A FUCKING

>Zendikar sold millions, so it was because of the landfall mechanic and NWO design.

>overcosted or had no synergy
>overcosted
maybe
>no synergy
thats a lie

literally the only playable one there is the eidolon

...which was one of the best cards of the set

the enchantment strat was hilariously/depressingly weak

>What? Why not take mechanics from all over and mush them together?
They do that. The other user is bitching
>I would love to see mechanics interact that never got to in standard. Why not reprint mechanics everyone agreed that were broken fixed so that they are fair?
Devotion was chroma, they tried with dredge.
>Why not reprint mechanics they played it to safe with at a lower cost so they are fun?
They did that with dredge, there's also madness they toyed more with now than before.
Arguably delirium mechanic is threshold that Hasheem "fixed"
They brought back landfall, which is great.

>OK so how do we make all these cards have synergy?
>uh... have them all trigger when one enters the battlefield?
>Genius
They did this bullshit TWICE, with Constellation and Rally. Fuckin all of design needs to be fired.

I respectfully disagree, the deck was unstoppable after turn 7 consistently and reaching turn 7 wasnt all that bad with nyx fleece rams, grim guardians, coinsmiths and brain maggots providing me pluses every turn.
I would only lose if I was wildly unlucky with my first hand.

>the deck was unstoppable after turn 7
>When every other deck set off on turn 4

>Oath of the Gatewatch
>Worse than Battle for Zendikar
I know Veeky Forums hates the Gatewatch, but come on, OGW was miles better in every single aspect than OGW.

A lot of the mechanics flat out didn't care about enchantments. For an enchantment matters block that's awful. Other x matters blocks show how bad it was. Innistrad and innistrad 2.0 have tons of graveyard matters mechanics, mirroring and scars have a plethora of artifact matters stuff. Both zendikar blocks show how much fun lands are.

Theros was a fucking joke. And the punch line was the best card in the set was a reprint.

Is that why you were the only one playing it? Here I am thinking u/w control (almost entirely from rtr) mono black Dev, and mud were the best standards decks (gr monsters and esper control close behind)

Here have been the past good sets from the last 3 years.

Eternal Masters
Eldritch Moon
Shadows over Innistrad
Origins
Conspiracy

That's it. That's fucking it. The rest including the whole Return to Ravnica block were fucking shit.

>Eternal Masters
>good

>RTR block
>original Innistrad block
>not good

Fuck off, retard. Unless this is bait, in which case, well trolled.

>could somehow deal 28 damage on turn 4 2 years ago
It wouldnt stand up to decks today but back then is another story

user, original Innistrad is five years old.

The original Innistad block was 5 years ago user.

The only things I ever had trouble with where Green monsters and mono black.
I guess I never ran into a decent control deck at the time. and mud was a joke, I never saw that deck get anywhere and the two guys at my locals that built it were on suicide watch

Every Liliana the "Collectors" and spikes need means 110 boosters have to be bought from WotC.

Shit, three years went by that fast?

user. user.

You're dying. The sands in the hourglass is running out, day by day.

Atarka's Command makes DTK 10/10 for me.

Your post is literally the problem. Sets should be defined as a whole not a few good broken cards. You should never feel forced to play on play style over another just because it gets all the good cards.

guys play Theros wasn't an enchantment block it was Greek block with an enchantment subtheme gosh guys why did you have your hopes up no one wants enchantment mirrodin you totally had the wrong idea of what Theros was about

Fuck you

>no one wants enchantment mirrodin

but user, that's exactly what I want

But the monarch mechanic looks like a lot of fun...