What are some Veeky Forums approved animu?

What are some Veeky Forums approved animu?

Is Zelgaldis That Guy?

Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic was pretty good, although it makes some odd choices with it's plot structuring at times.

Record of Lodoss war of course.

Berserk (97 series, not the 2016 abortion)

Lodoss is the campaign the GM plans. Slayers is how it actually plays out.

>Is Zelgaldis That Guy?
Nah.
He's the guy who WISHES he was in a super serious roleplay heavy campaign but since everyone else keeps dicking around all he ever looks is stupid as fuck.

I often think it ends up like rune soldier Louie but Slayers works as well.

Lina is the closest of the four to being that guy. Clearly a powergaming min-maxer.

Retarded dragon girls had some nice threads

I found this under some dusty floorboards.

Kek

Post the rabbit.

Of the current season, definitely Thunderbolt Fantasy.

>High-power Wuxia setting
>Suspicious-as-fuck vaping Wizard recruites a mish-mash of highly skilled, but equally fishy individuals to steal back a magical artifact.
>Quest is most likely pretense to taking his Wizard tower back from unruly servant.

Think i saw a webm of that when he ran over water and couldn't decide if it was stupid or awesome. Is it played straight or as a parody?

So far, it's played completely straight.

The moments where they have to use a lot of CGI (like the water running) look kind of awkward. Besides that the puppetry is really good.

>So far, it's played completely straight.

Maybe it's just me because i can't stop thinking of team America and captain scarlet/thunderbirds when i see it and it instantly become hilarious.

Gonna give it a try.

Those who hunt Elves.
Fma.
Fmab.
Log horizon.

>tfw no wulin session

I tried to watch Slayers once. It reminded me of the kind of campaign a cringey sitcom episode written by someone who's never rolled a die would have.

What the hell is a wulin session?

>Obligatory Legend of the Galactic Heroes post

Also since when did puppets being a thing again?

Mandatory Spice and Wolf post.
Also, Konosuba is literally a party of That Guys, and it is glorious.

Since always in China and Taiwan, actually.
But then Gen Urobuchi while visiting Taiwan saw the puppets he was all "I HAVE TO USE THESE FOR SOMETHING", and as Japan gets more mass-media consumption then Taiwan....well, there you go.

>rogue trader, the anime

I guess I'm going to give this thing a try.

Also since puppetry is on the list I recommend Gerry Anderson in general because cool retro as fuck sci-fi where shit explodes all the time.

>I guess I'm going to give this thing a try.
It is weird as hell at first but surprisingly entertaining.
Great soundtrack too.

>Spice and Wolf
>Veeky Forums-related

Spice and Wolf is one of the most dreadfully slow things and uneventful things I've ever watched. If I was in that campaign, I'd quit by the second session. I came for adventure and heroism, not boring ass peasant life where the GM's fur-fetish fox-girl talks shit about my character the entire time and tries to make Magical Realm happen.

to be fair they're close enough tonally that the joke works either way, although slayers does have more murderhoboing

Legends of the Wulin

>Best Wuxia Mechanics
>Worst Editing

You shut your whore mouth. The ins and outs of a fantasy world is exactly Veeky Forums related.

I still keep saying that i used the backside of my blade so the enemy is unharmed when using a broadsword.

I don't get it. How can a trpg have an "ending?
Does the book call you a faggot or something in bright red letters on the last page?

>I don't like it because I have the attentionspan of a five-year-old, that makes it bad and also not Veeky Forums related
okay, enjoy your re:zero then

Editing, not ending

This. I love wuxia but the book doesn't explain shit very well.

Still wanna play a game some day.

Attention span has nothing to do with it. I had enough attention span to sit through the entire first season, and literally NOTHING HAPPENED until like the last 2 episodes. It's mediocre slice-of-life trite that just happens to be set in a loosely-fantasy setting... and then hardly explores that setting at all. Sure would be cool to know about the church and their agenda. Sure would be cool to learn about other pagan spirits. Sure would be cool to learn about the magic that lets Holo be a wolf-girl and shapeshift.

Nah, here's some boring stuff about how reminting money with 0.01% less silver causes some sort of economic fallout we never actually see or hear about aside from the main character cheating his way out of debt with it.

I'm honestly convinced this one of those shows Veeky Forums only likes because it's got a waifu-character in it.

he showed up with pages of backstory and characterization only to realize the rest of the party is a joke tokusatsu character, a human fighter that the play forgot to write backstory for, and a sorcerer minmaxed to the gills

Name?

Not sure if serious or bait.....
Eh what the hell.
Id love a campaign like that.
Combat takes a back seat to clever plans, party trying to make big dollaridoos
Politics, schemes and scams.
Sounds grade a campaign to me

>this happened exactly to our friend while the rest of us were having a great time throwing wrenches into the GM's perfectly laid out scenario

Cheekiness and adventure goes hand in hand.

Actually, Gourry's backstory is on par with Amelia's in the details department.

True but I couldn't figure out how to phrase the joke in a way that included it without getting too wordy and unfunny

I recommend Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex to scratch your Shadowrun itch.

English dub, of course.