Would this be a good Magic the Gathering format?

>>No starting dice roll. Players reveal cards from their hand instead, highest cmc goes first.

card decks.

>>No shuffling.

Other urls found in this thread:

edhrec.com/
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/standard-type-2/standard-archives/116981-the-turn-1-win-thread
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&mana= ~[p]
mtgvault.com/pastelnewt/decks/protein-hulk-turn-0-win/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Stupid idea, mill would be overpowered.

No. It would be awful. How in sam fuck does that sound innovative, or even fun?

There are ways to win at instant speed on turn 0 with the perfect draws/opening hand. Which is what I assume you mean by no shuffling.

A format whose three defining characteristics are awful?
You're probably already a VP at Hasbro anyway.

Force of will and ban-lists. Plus that would only be an issue in modern/standard.

Lol people would just put draco in their deck to go first. Also, I don;t think you thought this out. what happens if people have the exact same starting hand? Just repeat? What a silly idea.

>No starting dice roll. Players reveal cards from their hand instead, highest cmc goes first.

Holy fuck no. This would massively favor certain decks.

>20 card decks.
Think this through. You start with 7 cards in hand, with 13 cards remaining in the deck. This causes things like Glimpse The Unthinkable or similar high-volume mill to essentially become instant-win cards.

>>No shuffling.
How could you possibly think this is a good idea jesus christ have you ever played mtg in your entire life

Here's a better.
>EDH
>Ban all high cmc cards that are "always" put into their color aka sun titan, cratehoof, sheoldred, that plant token generator

Pretty much majority "broken" "staples" listed here edhrec.com/ when you only choose color.

>then ban all broken commanders
animar, narset etc.
>ban island

yeah but force of will

If you honestly want to play in a format in which fucking Sun Titan is banned, I pity anyone you've ever interacted with.

I just wanna see more diversity.
Sun titan isn't broken
It's just everywhere

stfu up

wizards would never do this, no randomization means no idiots accidentally beating better players, which means less people buying cards.

I can see this being fun as a casual thing, but reordering your deck after each match would be a little annoying. Not to mention how bad the competitive environment would be.

Thoughtseize/duress/cabal therapy/any 1 mana targeted discard takes care of that before it becomes a problem. So basically

T1: Swamp, thoughtseize to get rid of FoW
T2: Island, Dark Ritual, Glimpse The Unthinkable, Sign in Blood, gg

I'm certain there are ways to win way, way faster and simpler too, this is just off the top of my head. Besides, what is the point of no shuffling? How does that even work? Do you shuffle between games? If not, where do you put your graveyard? Do you shuffle during mulligans? Are there even mulligans, or are players just supposed to set up their decks in the perfect sequence for every game? Which is a horrible idea, because like said, it would cause every single game to play out exactly the same.

And "muh force of will" is a shit argument because you're basically balancing the entire format around one fucking card

>People would run dead cards in order to go first
No the fucking wouldn't that's just retarded.

what about the limitations in magic duels?
i mean, there you can have (and also put in your deck) only 1 copy of all mithics, 2 copies for rares, 3 for uncommons and 4 for commons.

I'm pretty sure people would reorder their decks between matches. Seems like it would take longer then shuffling though, which is probably why op went with a 20 card library.

>And "muh force of will" is a shit argument because you're basically balancing the entire format around one fucking card

So your saying that, in this format, all fast mana ramp would have to be banned?

lol no.

Different guy here, I think this format would be... something. But it would probably need more then just banning stuff like dark ritual and seething song. What about infect? What about leylines? There's just too much that doesn't fit in with regular magic.

Yeah this needs more work lol

mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/standard-type-2/standard-archives/116981-the-turn-1-win-thread

Take your pick, so many cards would have to be banned for your idea to work. Would have to be limited to just standard cards, and even then you might still run into trouble.

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&mana= ~[p]

lol. You just made Phyrexian Mana: The format.

do we really NEED another format? i mean don't get me wrong i know it's fun to stretch your creative muscles but still. we have so many formats and so many things you can do in those formats.

Your right, lets get rid of Edh.

Op here, wanted to play something with low randomization, and customization. Couldn't find it, decided that cannibalizing mtg could be fun.
I should have probably tested the format before making a thread though.

>T1: Swamp, thoughtseize to get rid of FoW
>T2: Island, Dark Ritual, Glimpse The Unthinkable, Sign in Blood, gg

So.... my starting hand should have 2 force of wills, and 2 blue cards then?

you know that's not what i meant you cheeky cunt

Oh you must mean pauper.
I keep forgetting that exists. Who doesn't though am I right?

i'm not talkiing about getting rid of any formats you double nigger i just mean that we don't need to make any new ones.

What about changing a preexisting one?

And what are your other 3 cards? Do they help you win on the next turn? Are you playing land? What's your strat?

How about adding a "standard+" or "extended standard" or some shit, tired of sets moving out of standard so fucking quickly, i can't afford it and i can't afford to play modern

Remember the hulk flash combo?

Yeah, let's just let them sculpt their hand to perfection.

mtgvault.com/pastelnewt/decks/protein-hulk-turn-0-win/

It would literally turn into modern 2.0. Prices would change immediately to fill the gap.

>play generic fow/leyline of sanctity/lotus deck

no this format sucks

leyline of anticipation i meant

maybe we need a modern 2.0

Op here.

Ok I hear your concerns... but I still think that this has potential. I'll try to give you guys a heads up on my findings after I test play it a bit. No promises though, I might bored and get sucked back into an mmo or something again.
Don't keep your fingers crossed.

jk screen cap this, you'l all be playing this format in 2-5 years whether you like it or not