40k General WAACFAG Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s) (Updated 8/11/18)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V8.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=emqu1a3QWlo
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Battle_of_Kvariam_Alpha
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i claim this thread in the name of the fly lord

I will try again to get an answer.

I have no idea what i am doing but i want to play Orks.

I made a 1500pts list. Tell me if i will be able to do ok with it?

>Blitz Brigade formation|725pts|
+5 Battlewagons|110pts|
+5 Reinforced Rams|5pts|
+5 Killkannons|30pts|

>Separate Mek Gunz|150pts|
+5 Mek Gunz|18pts|
+5 Smasha Guns|12pts|

>Da Vulcha Skwad formation|290pts|
+1 Boss Zagstruk|65pts|
+15 Stormboyz squad|135pts|
+5 Stormboyz squad|45pts|
+5 Stormboyz squad|45pts|

>Boss Snikrot’s Red Skull Kommandos formation|260pts|
+1 Boss Snikrot|60pts|
+5 Kommandos squad|50pts|

>Minimal Gretchin squads|75pts|
+10 Gretchin +1 Runtherd|35pts|
+1 Grot-prod|5pts|
+10 Gretchin +1 Runtherd|35pts|

To ork players who've experimented with those formations and models. Give me your input. I know that the army is a little tactics heavy but still.

And all the girls say I'm pretty fly...

...For a blight guy.

Anybody got a download link for the last two Beast Arises books?
Mega hasn't been updated since Hunt for Vulkan.

fuck

3rd Edition best edition!

Give it to me Cadia!

So I'm taking my tyranids to fight against an ork army, I know nothing of his list. Should I go with swarms of gaunts or nidzilla?

Just load up on carnifexes and zooanthropes.

Bring both and decide after you see his army :^)

Always nidzilla.

Carnifex spam it is. Bioblast or Wrecker node?

Oops. Meant to reply to

Eternal Crusade is coming out on 23rd September:
youtube.com/watch?v=emqu1a3QWlo

Personally I think that's going to be too soon, can't believe it'll go from the fairly shaky state it seems in in the alpha/beta to good enough for release in a month. Something about the animations in the trailer still doesn't look right.

Incidentally, can someone do a webm of the chaos marine at 44 seconds please? I like his little tantrum.

they should be doing a beta then, not a full release.

So are they actually going to make it an mmo or is it just going to stay as Battlefield:Power Armor?

From the map control bits, and steam which lists achievements for attacking/defending locations with matching names, I assume it's Battlefield: Power Armour between two sides at a time.

How bad of an idea is to have:

··Acolyte with Special Weapon (18pts) [Carapace Armour, Laspistol, Plasmagun]
|WS:3|BS:3|S:3|T:3|W:1|I:3|A:1|Ld:8|Save:4+

Stats for reference mostly, inside a psybolt chimera. The rest are normal acolytes with Bolter and 5+ save. You know 5 points each.

Deathawatch are known to use xeno-tech weapons but there is only necron toothpick whaich is hardly usable in their codex.
Explain this user.

Killteam box game with a space marine tactical squad vs a Tau strike squad

Take the wrecker, make sure to keep the Warriors protected.

Fuck sake. How many times do the Tau need to spank the marines until they realize it's time to piss off home.

Maybe someone will finally beat Tau for once in the lore.

>FW will never make 30k DG Indomitus conversion kit with that style helmets and DG torsos
>even Typhus is wearing tartaros in 30k

Why does FW hate the Indomitus?

It's dumb. BS 3 is bad.

Do tournaments require painted models?

because Indomitus doesn't make FW any money. if we wanted that pattern we'd just buy the plastic stuff.

Typhus's model is Cataphractii. As for why there isn't any 30k Indominatus maybe they thought we were tired of seeing it so much, or that people would just use make a few changes to the 40k Indominatus. Just shave of the Crux and bam. 30k Indominatus.

Cause cataphractii a best, with tartaros a close second

The Marines were actually wrecking face in the recent books fighting against the Tau, they just lost the wars, hard, mostly due to the Tau supposedly cleaning up non-Astartes quite handily.

That one paragraph about Drones 'n' Traps 'n' Shiet killing companies of Marines aside, of course.

Add more flamers and Bolter/Storm Bolter then. Oh boy.

>because Indomitus doesn't make FW any money

It would, if they make 30k kits for them like to do for other GW plastic kits like Rhinos, Land Raiders, etc. You don't have to use those kits, GW plastic (Mars pattern) Rhinos and Land Raiders (Phobos MkIII) are totally kosher for 30k.

You think people wouldn't appreciate an Indomitus weapon set like they did for the BaC cataphractii. A kit they also don't make any money from, yet they make upgrades for it.

Yes, of course, I typed wrong.

>Just shave of the Crux and bam. 30k Indominatus.

You think people wouldn't be ready to pay money for blank left shoulders, non-Chaos reaper autocannons and power weapon options, combi-weapon options and plasma blasters? People bought those tyranid TL devourer enough to put it on the top 10 most sold FW kits for several months. And that conversion is piss easy to do, yet people bought it.

No one has ever beaten a Tau, either in the lore or on the tabletop. The standard Fire Warrior is one of the most underpriced and over-Sued units in the entire brand, and there's a reason Tau easily take 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th in every tournament.

And don't even get me started on the lore. A single low-grade Fire Warrior killed over a thousand guardsman and hundreds of Space Marines, both loyalist and traitor, without any help at all. The story was such a success among taufags that they made it into the only successful 40k video game.

Tau have never lost a single world, and there isn't a single instance of one being killed anywhere in the lore. In the rare even one of their OP flyers gets shot down by sheer weight of fire, they literally always pull their parachutes and knife their way to extraction. But that almost never happens because they use bullshit super strategies like, "Attacking the supply lines of an invading desert force."

Pretty much. Bring scions as allies for BS 4 special weapon goons.

Jokaero and Servitors can be decent heavy support as well, with a Psyker to buff with prescience.

Meh I do not wish to get Taurox or Valkyries.

I'll keep my Chimeras psybolt gunboats.

>Anti-Tau posts in a nutshell

Still, it's almost getting this bad. I don't see why anyone would be interested in 7E Tau, who have routinely had their weaknesses either retconned or simply ignored for the purposes of their fluff, their strengths buffed and all of their actions are completely above the consequences that were hard-wired into 40k fluff by either reasonable circumstance or "nuh-uh."

Reminder that the only thing the modern Tau bring to the setting is to literally have a laugh at how retarded everyone is, that 40k does run of some logic and everyone else is an idiot for not following it, and that the good guys always win because they're unambiguously the "good guys."

Posted this a bit too late in the old thread. Help, relatively new player here trying to put together a casual 1000 pt black legion list that has even just a modicum of a fighting chance. I'm worried about not having enough anti mc/vehicle in my list. Thoughts?

Sorcerer
> Terminator Armor
> Combi-plasma
> Force axe
> Veterans of the Long War
> Spell Familiar
> Spell Mastery 3

5 Chaos Terminators
>(C) Combi-plasma
>(C) Chainfist
> 3 Combi-meltas
> 4 Power mauls
> Reaper autocannon

5 Chaos Space Marines
>(C) Melta bombs
> Close combat weapons
> Chaos Rhino
> Havoc Launcher
> Dirge caster

5 Chaos Space Marines
>(C) Melta bombs
> Close combat weapons
> Chaos Rhino
> Havoc Launcher
> Dirge caster

5 Chaos Space Marines
>(C) Melta bombs
> Close combat weapons
> Chaos Rhino
> Havoc Launcher
> Dirge caster

Heldrake
> Hades autocannon

Bring Razorbacks as your gunboats. They're cheap and BS 4 (for some reason). Twin linked means they're hitting equal to the Chimera anyways.

I'd say only take Chimeras if you want a Space Monkey list and have Jokaero just spitting out Heavy Flamer templates.

My only complaints about Tau are that there's too many suits and not enough Kroot/other races as they're suppose to be an empire made of various races not suits, and that just one mention of Tau can start off rather pointless arguments. Besides a Bearversor can wipe out an army of Tau easy.

Hey does anyone have any good conversion ideas for turning my landraider into a Stormraven?

I wouldnt mind the conversion being a little goofy, just don't want it to look like I got lazy and didn't wanna spend the money on a flier

Ulthorisha the Old One

Standard Dire Avenger Exarch stats

Cost: 35 points

Special weapon: power boot-on-a-stick. It's a boot on a stick he uses to kick people in the head from his wheelchair

Backstory: Got his legs chewed off by his crazed wife during The Fall. Looks like a 120-year-old human would, but Eldar. Can't be a Dire Avenger Exarch anymore, so he acts as a sergeant for a Storm Guardian squad. Floats around in a hover chair, Has a tartan blanket on his lap and is accompanied by an elderly cat into battle. Inclined to fall asleep during night missions, his team are exasperated by him but put up with him because he's their equivalent of a WW2 veteran. Thinks he's just as skilled as he was a bazillion years ago, when in reality it's just that no-one wants to hit a helpless old dude. Inclined to grumble about younger races even more so than regular Eldar, and keeps yelling at people to 'get off my wraithlawn!'

Special rule: Low Priority Target. He's always the last one in the squad to be removed, representing no one wanting to hit an old guy, seeing the rest of the squad as a greater threat, his squadmates taking a sword for their dear old grandpa etc.

Add wings.

Depends on the tourney, some give extra points for being painting, some require at least a base coat, and some do require them to be "tabletop quality"

Taking advantage of the Death Masque box I started thinking about starting an Harlequin army

Is there some player of that army that have some tips about playing them to share?
I'm not talking about list composition, since there is little outside of choosing embraces, caresses or kisses that you can do with that codex as far as list composition go
I'm mostly talking about suggestions for playing an army as fragile yet assaulty like the Harlequins, so that I can avoid the most shoddy errors a Space Wolves player like me would do while playing this army

hades drake is useless, heavy 4 at BS3 means two hits at ap4. The only thing it can kill is rear armor on vehicles but you don't want the drake to kill those, since you have melta terminators. Give it a baleflamer.
The melee CSM in rhinos just flat out doesn't work. Trust me, I've tried it. A lot. It has never worked. Best case scenario is that 1-2 of the guys survives the enmy shooting phase and over watch and then dies/gets swept. Consoldiate two of the squads together into 1 10 man squad with two meltaguns and, if you're OK with FW, give them a dreadclaw.

flat out / hide the first turn, and blow your mirage launchers as soon as you can. Its all about surviving the first turn to get into combat. If you do and you transports survive, they turn into useful little gunboats.
max out shadowseers, or if you think its worth it, always go cegorach's revenge for a survivability boost.
in my experience, Mech > walking, so load up on transports.
You will struggle greatly with anti armor, so consider haywire bikes, or putting haywire cannons on the mandatory voidweaver

>Yfw the Fire Warrior video game as foreshadowing

We laughed when Kais soloed the Valkrye and punched Chaos Terminators to death.

Now it's real.

>max out shadowseers
So 1 for each Troupe and 3 by themselves?

Lads, are meltaguns worth it if i'm going to be relying on taurox primes to carry them to their target?

At the same time, though, that's a neat mini.

Thanks, I haven't put together my drake yet so I'll keep that in mind. I thought the hades might work well in an anti mc/light vehicle role with the drake's mobility getting it to where it needs to be.

With the melee CSM I was thinking I could hide them behind the rhino after disembarking, then using the rhino's dirge caster to prevent overwatch when they charge next turn. In case it isn't clear in my post I'm buying extra ccws for them so they don't have to give up their bolters.

Definitely okay with the idea of Forgeworld, but I think I'm going to wait until I have working 1500-1850 lists before I expand into more pricey territory.

Why there's no Warhammer Visions for August?
Did I miss anything?

what's better for sisters in a 1100 pts game, 2 exorcists with dozer blades* or a unit of of 10 retributors with 4hf, simulacrum, vet superior with meltabomb** and combi-flamer in a rhino with extra armor* and dozer blade*?

I have an extreamly agressive playstyle where I rush with sisters and overwhelm the opponent and redeploy rapidly. It usually works well. The rest of my army's a canonness, 2 units of flamer seraphims***, and 3 units of melta sisters in melta imolators.

* I love tank shocking and moving through cover. I tankshock all the time.

** meltabombs are great!

*** I thought I was more into dominias, but hot damn, theese girls are my MVPs!

Hello amigos, I'm new to 40k and i have a question, there is a formation in csm that grants a chaos Lord a psyckic power and mastery lvl 1, and it know divination or something, the thing is that, if I give that lord a mark of nurgle or tzinch, would that Lord know the primarie power from tzeench AND the default other power that the formation grants? It would be very useful thank you

Sure, it'd work so long as they don't get stranded in the middle of the board on their way to their target. I prefer to deep strike them and let my big squads ride in the taurox primes

I have a feeling this new Kill Team rules might be similar to Forgeworld's Strike Forces rule set.

I was using the ground assault formation so i lose the deep strike, I'd rather play the airborne assault one but I don't know how to work that into a sub 1.5k points game without autoloss for having nothing on the board. Ultimately I'm starting to feel the best option might be to ignore the scions formations all together.

Warhammer Visions has been mercy killed.

Don't bother buying a dreadclaw, you can pretty easily convert one from a drop pod. And trust me, I've tried that too. The rhino simply isn't big enough to hide them from all the fire; in addition, rhinos are squishy so it's likely to get blown up/glanced to death before you can take advantage of the dirge caster. Although if you're buying the extra CCWs it isn't too bad, you can also deploy out of the side and rapid fire into the enemy squad to thin their ranks a bit.

>expecting Veeky Forums to know what to do with orks
>asking Veeky Forums for advice on orks

Are there no ork players here?

What is he saying?

FLAME ON

I play orks.

The airborne assault one works like the ground assault in that they can come from reserves turn one, but it's still really expensive.

I run the ground assault + CAD of melta deepstrikers that comes to about 1500 points, it's very effective but is still expensive and there isn't a good way to cut the list down to 1000 without removing the CAD

At 1000 points and below, a CAD works really well with scions since you don't have to worry about being insta tabled as much (because there are fewer big guns to delete you), and gives you room to make your list as you please. Also, objective secured Taurox primes are great

Beautiful.

I think you would get all three.
Formation power, the one generated randomly from the mark table and the primaris of the mark table.

But about what formation are we talking?

>you can pretty easily convert one from a drop pod

It just won't look like much without massive amounts of work. Even the one you posted has some problems, though is much better than most.

How do you advise building a command squad?

I think i'm going to take the vox caster and medkit, hotshot laspistol on the prime, with two plasma guns, but i've seen a fair few people forgo the FNP and vox for more special weapons.

Lords of Slaughter:
1 Chaos Lord
1 Unit of Possessed
1 Unit of Terminators
1-3 Units of Chaos Space Marines

Your Chaos Lord is a level 1 psyker knowing prescience

im thinking on getting the lord with one squad of cultists and giving them gifts with the tzeench one, even if they get spawn thar would make them better

Sorry, I meant the book to get the wording of the rule.

Ah, Crimson Slaugther.
Okay, no sorry. Not three but two.
Divination primaris and mark table primaris.

But he's level one. Remember he can only try to manifest one power per turn.

My sides, user.

Seriously?
September 23?

Oh Jesus this glitchy pile of bad code is going to crash and burn on arrival.
I was still getting people telling me "They'll fix it it's still an Alpha" in-game like two days ago.

Good Lord this is going to be a bigger disappointment than even the last 10 or so years of GW releases.

see this?

Seraphim just seem to have an 8" bubble that deletes infantry. Putting the Living Saint in with them seems almost a waste.
I think Exorcists are too unreliable unless you have a trio of them. I used 2 in a game recently and the failed to put a wound on a Dreadknight.

It just comes down to the question of what you want the command squad to do. Do you want them to kill vehicles or elites? Or do you want them to sit back and hand out orders?

I prefer using mine to support my big squads, so I run two plasmas, a vox, a medipack, and a bolt pistol (maybe a plasma pistol if the points are there). A popular load out is all plasma and a medipack, or all melta or volleyguns with the twin-linking order. Sometimes I like to go full retard and give them grenade launchers and a power maul, I don't recommend doing that

If I have multiple Enginseers and Servitors in a squad, with each seer in base contact with a different vehicle can they repair separately while benefiting from the same Servo-arms?

I want to know before I try running a handful of tanks with an Atlas, to make my tanks more durable for my footslogging infantry.

I never use those so i have no idea. Hmmm...

Looking over the special rules, i don't see anything that doesn't allow it

Do Orks have any exploitable or breakable formations/units?

I know theyre not very good, but a lot of other meh factions have one really good unit/formation they can build off of

>...the only successful 40k video game.

It's something that would have to be FAQ'd. I can definitely see justification for what you are saying but it could also be argued that the seers in the same unit have to "Aim" at the same vehicle. But you are right in that it never directly states that only 1 enginseer can benefit from any particular servitor.

Knowing GW they would make it so that only 1 enginseer in a unit can make a repair in any turn.

No. Anything you can do, SM or Wolves can do better, with cheaper units. Except lose.

>Tau have never lost a single world, and there isn't a single instance of one being killed anywhere in the lore.

Don't lie user

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Battle_of_Kvariam_Alpha

Do wolves have the most viable melee options in the game?

And now that I'm thinking about this, it makes the "FortresLord" even more fucking dangerous, you could put 3 enginseers with 3 servitors in there and get 3 2+ repairs a turn, and still have a ton of room left inside for lascannon dickery.

Wanted to see if anyone else has tried using them in that way.

I wanted to get 2-3 Enginseers in a squad with 4 Servitors for guaranteed repairs. Split the seers behind 2 Leman Russ tanks, with an Atlas close to double their repairs and maybe in contact with another tank or 2 so the Tech-priests can repair them remotely. It'll be a loose wall of AV14 repairing 4-6 HP a turn, which sounds handy but expensive being 205-245 points total for the repair team.

I might just trim it down but it sounds neat for fun games at 1.5k+ points.

I think repair rolls might fall under the "1 is always a failure" thing

They have the furfag mutant rabble and that starter formation makes turn 1 assault possible for wolf riders IIRC

It was quite clear that his post was a hyperbolic example of either Tau fluff or the overzealous (but somewhat justified) misconceptions of Tau fluff.

Either way, with every new release it's become closer and closer to that post, which is nothing short of disgusting writing.

People forgo FNP because so much IDs T3 and Vox because you only get one order and if you've stuffed a command squad full of specials it's probably going on itself (4 plasma guns with preferred enemy is pretty decent, but regardless of load out preferred enemy is the go to order vs anything with a toughness, twin-linking vs AV, the rest are situational).

Its funny because blitz brigade is fucking garbage now

that was the joke when i made it back when the new Tau stuff was released

"Oh sweet, a formation of transports that....can't take any infantry....and you have to battle brother them in...meaning they start outside of the transports..yaay."