Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Eaglestache Edition
Being Skor is suffering Sub-Edition
Maybe he should have picked a better mask? At least it's cooler than the chibiprime minis. We're still talking about how Dorn killed Alphie, a 1KSonfag showed his test mini, KnightAnon proved to have the better paint skills in comparison to a guy he played against, legion recruitment was mentioned along with which Primarch was the most relatable, the idea of us writing a Heresy novel came up, and we got ourselves a drawfag plus much more Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Strawpoll links: strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

Other urls found in this thread:

anvilindustry.co.uk/regiments-heavy-support-weapons
m.youtube.com/watch?v=fLpmswBKVN4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for the first legion.

Where were you when Alpharius was kill

Which primarchs knew about the twin AL primarchs? Horus surely.

Beep Boop

Raging WHY DORN, WHY?!;_;

Last thread failed: Post pics of own miniatures with favorite 2000pt list in this thread to unlock an achievement.

Did Malcador know? He must have done, surely.

It looks goofier than its GW model. That's an accomplishment, but I love that checker board scheme.

I remember it like it was yesterday, I was lying in bed, and heard of the news whilst building my first 2000 list. I couldn't believe it a first, a Primarch, dead, a dead Primarch, and then an angry voice shouted in my head, 'don't you remember ferrus', I shook my head responding, 'I always forget about ferrus'. The rage infected me and I crushed the pen within my hands, ink and plasteel going everywhere, to think the French would stoop so low, to kill a Primarch, the emperors anointed ones.
Fuck that's looks heretical, the two swords with allegiances, and then the wire frame above the head

>like Night Lords aesthetics and colors
>hate the legion lore
>not sure their rules are worth bothering with

eh chaos is gay anyway. who should I loyalist as? I'd go Blood Angels but I wanted more rules and/or a Primarch to play with.

It's thumbs look like pistol barrels, and if it's a ducking robot that can see in the dark why does it need a face, why mimic humanity when you just look like a puppet

Loyalist night lords or pre heresy night lords?
Who says they aren't flayed skulls of chaos marines

How much tech heresy did the traitor legions get into during the Heresy?

I'm sure the Word Bearers probably had some daemon machines, but how far gone were the rest of the legions?

Black sheild dude: all the colors of the Night Lord, with none of the betrayal!

At the end of the Heresy the EC had created the Subjugators. Isn't that what they're called?

Anybody got the ebook to Praetorian of Dorn?

A bit off topic but you have guys like Scoria who kickstarted the Dark Mechanicum, messing around with shit like Daeomonic programming in Automoata. Can't get more heretek than that.

>hey guys we got a Blackshield here who wants to fight for the loyalists, he scratched off his legion symbols but his armour is midnight blue and has lightning patterns all over
>should we trust him?

>Alpharius was kill

posted in last thread or the one before. I think the one before

Dark Mechanicum got kickstarted with Kelbor-Hal Fabricator General opening Vaults of full of Techno-heresy that the Emperor said were off limits when he first came to Mars.

Kelbor opened these, unleashed viral scrapcode and god only knows what else, causing the Death of Innocence and starting the war on Mars

cheers user

Lets be desu here. Karl Franz would slaughter the """Emperor""" in melee combat.

The Lyssatra had been rumoured to incorporate xenos and warp-based technology into weapons before the heresy.
Emperor's Children's stuff is heresy.
Alpha Legion used xenos tech with no fucks given.
Thousand Sons truck with daemons.
Dark Angels had been given warp-based weaponry before the Martian Compact (I know they aren't traitors, they are here regarding tech heresy)..

>Yeah, he was probably a ultramarine.Yep. makes sense.

>I shook my head responding, 'I always forget about ferrus'
Who?

Rocha's senseless death will only add to the emerging PTSD.

Why was lorgar such a faggot?

come on guys, I'm serious

Tell us the prize, no one else will be arsed without proper incentive.

Night Lords rules are actually quite good. But if you don't like the lore... sometimes Alpha Legion are portrayed in a dark blue (like in all the color plates in the earlier FW books). A pity there's no sign of Crimson Fist chapter colors during the Heresy.

Only five of the nine loyalist chapters are fully fleshed-out right now: Iron Hands, Salamanders, Raven Guard, Imperial Fists, and Ultramarines. If you need a primarch (who isn't dead or missing), that narrows it down to what, Raven Guard and Ultramarines? I suppose you could work a tinge of blue into the RG, or use a slightly darker shade for UM. Both are effective.

NL aint chaos, don't be such a dumb dumb.

If i had my minis I could trigger the autism.

he realized he had the worst legion

first for thunder warriors

I really dig that armour. Reminds me of Alien

How do you think kor phaeron and Erebus enlightened him

Thanks for getting the reference

>Fuck that's looks heretical, the two swords with allegiances, and then the wire frame above the head
That's the icon of the Order of the Deathwing, with the star of the Hexagrammaton behind it.

Heil Hydra

Heil.

it might have to do with army management

There needs to be a Scooby-Doo strip where they unmask Alpharius and discover it was old man Omegon the whole time.

Should I buy BaC on eBay piece by piece or save up and buy the whole thing

Also is world eaters user still on

You really need to give us more background information before we can answer. Which legion? Do you think you'll actually use 30 Mk IV tactical marines, 5 cataphractii, and a Contemptor standing on his tippy toes? Think about what you want and do the math. It doesn't always work in BaC's favor.

I'm digging that helmet.

Iron warriors
Hammer of Olympia
Two 20 man blobs
1 assault marine squad
3 apothecaries
1 praetor battle smith with servo arm, iron halo and digi lasers for 6 instant death hits
5 man of havocs with Autocannons
2 5 man tyrant siege terminators
That's basically what I wanted to do

if you only need compulsory troops and go full tanks, Primarch and superheavy then no, but on the other hand BaC is a solid base for an army... why not?

Aside from Fulmentarii and Tyrant Siege Terminators, what are some good units to steal with Coils of the Hydra?

Also, does anyone have opinions on how to outfit a Vigilator for optimal effectiveness? Should he go in a squad, and if so what? I haven't played 40/30k in like 6 years so I'm really just trying to get up to speed, sorry.

so with 2xBaC you have 60 marines -> 2x20 blob + 5 heavy support (with autocannons from FW) + 3 white painted marines + 2x5 termi squads... looks like BaC will be a cheap source

If you find a good deal on a BaC box, get it - it probably works out if you pay up to, dunno, US$120? Convert tyrant siege terminators out of the cataphractii (and get five more on eBay). Mk IV tacticals don't look quite as good as Iron Warriors compared to Mk III, but they're still acceptable. Maybe use them on the Havocs first, and intersperse them among the tacticals. Then wait for the next box in case it comes with Mk III tacs and an assault squad.

Use the tactical armor praetor. It's hard to find a use for the terminator character in the BaC box.

So wait, does this confirm that it was Omegon who saves Corax, steals his stuff, and gives Horus jackshit?

What do you guys think about arming a Moritat with dual inferno pistols and dropping down and blowing up some big tank worth more than he is?

anvilindustry.co.uk/regiments-heavy-support-weapons

Could these be a good counts-as Rapier batteries?
The Tesla Annihilator could be a Graviton Cannon, the upcoming Cyclic Phase Blaster might look like a Laser Destroyer (since the Phase Cannon is basically a not!Lascannon) and the mortar's a mortar (albeit only one tube).

3 for £15 without crew rather than 3 for £90 with crew.

Any painting guide for the metallic blue?

Hilarious, do it.

in my book yes, but I'm just a random dude in the north korean subforum

maybe the best use for him, actually

mix blue with silver - but there are howtos on yt, afair even from GW itself on howto paint Alpha Legion

Redpill me on thunder warriors.

Were they actually better than the later astartes? Did the emperor have them killed because he feared he couldn't control them?
Were they connected to the primarch project?
Were they actually unstable mini-primarchs?
How are they connected to the custodes?

>basecoat runefang steel
>several washes of drakenhof (2 or 3)

-yes, yes
-?
-?
-?

no, no, he had them killed because they were unstable and had fulfilled their purpose. Thunder Warriors were like marines on steroids, they were made to bulldoze anything in their path.
no
no
no

>Were they actually better than the later astartes?
no
>Did the emperor have them killed because he feared he couldn't control them?
no, he had them killed because they were obsolete
>Were they connected to the primarch project?
no
>Were they actually unstable mini-primarchs?
not even close
>How are they connected to the custodes?
they arent

Do we know anything concrete about the differences between thunder warriors and astartes other than the fact that thunder warriors were short-lived?

And the Thunder Warriors were more inhuman than the marines.

Inhuman, how? As in more fucked in the head?

TW were stronger than marines

prove it. the world eaters rekt them

The Cerberus Insurrection (HH book 1) is concrete about it. Each TW that was found dead was surrounded by 4-5 dead WE

Know how people say RT era marines were psychotic killers? Well Thunder Warriors are that. Why? Because Terra was filled with Psychopaths and the Emperor thought the psychopaths who wouldn't listen to reason needs to be killed by bigger psychos.

Yes, their only purpose was to kill and some were mentally unstable.

>implying the WE didnt kill each other

Yes, but only a handful of them each surrounded by several dead WE. As said before, the Cerberus Insurrection in HH book 1

see
WE kicked the shit out of TW 1v1 in outcast dead, they were obviously killing other WE.

TW were basically just discount wanna be space marines the emperor cooked up out of garbage he had lying around, while he made the space marines. since he needed a quick stop gap while he made space marines

Thunder Warriors were obsolete because they didn't have all of the psychoindoctrination (and chemical castration) that make marines reliable.

>chemical castration

This has never been a thing.

They were War Hounds then. No cancerous Nails or Angron to ruin them.

page number?

They have no sex drive - never have. It may be an incidental part of the induction process, but it effectively does happen.

>They were War Hounds then
and? they still killed each other all the time
the entire book

Please user, provide the page number of the kicking. If there are several of them, just one will be enough.

Here's the requirements for being a Thunder Warrior m.youtube.com/watch?v=fLpmswBKVN4
You could be any combination of those but if you were a Methodist you were overqualified.
The War Hounds were big on brotherhood, and it seems unlikely they would kill each other for little reason since brotherhood mattered more to them than other legions.

>Why was lorgar such a faggot?
He wasn't.
Lorgar was the most redpilled primarch.

He was the first primarch to discover the primordial truth and to reject the imperial "truth", which was a bunch of lies concocted by a turk and an illuminati jew.

>The War Hounds were big on brotherhood, and it seems unlikely they would kill each other for little reason since brotherhood mattered more to them than other legions.
read book 1. it says multiple times that they killed each other often. they even would kill each other over command positions.
read it yourself im not here to spoonfeed you.

The Truth was right in a sense. Four parasitic balls of emotions that act like autistic children do not equal gods.

Test

base with leadbelcher, mostly from above and sides
zenithal highlight runefang
Zenithal layer tamiya clear blue, then a tiny bit of green

All with an airbrush of course

That's a big guy.

not enough d

I reckon they'll get sued for its likeness to the mechanicus battle servitors

Yeah no one makes small treaded platforms for things.

Anvil probably has the best price for them, but there's a bunch of alternatives out there

>Redpill
Back to pol with you
>Were they actually better than the later astartes? Did the emperor have them killed because he feared he couldn't control them?
They were killed because they wouldn't be of use, although between Primarch and marine in power levels they had an excessive diet which was hard to maintain during war and would die every now and then anyway as they were just steroided humans and didn't have organs meant to survive the stress
>Were they connected to the primarch project?
No they were made so he would have the land to do it undisturbed and the actual rescources to make them
>Were they actually unstable mini-primarchs?
They were there in strength levels, but not tactical in the sense of guilliman, Johnson or alpharius
>How are they connected to the custodies?
They were the emperor's original soldiers so presumably his bodyguard but apart from that nothing else links them

They were war hounds so no nails meaning they'd have proper strategy

Anyone here have the 40k Rules ebook edition?

Testosterone is partly produced by the testicles, neophytes have their balls churning out testoretorne 24/7 so maybe overworking them, and neophytes being 10 means they never produce sperm or the testicles are destroyed and removed during the process, as the penis is probably regrafted into a tube that connects to power armour

For you

read the book. they were still total nutjobs

> inb4 it was a legionaire