sites.google.com/site/eclipsephases/home/cabinet
>Package Character Creator
firewallagency.wordpress.com/

COMMUNITY CONTENT:
>3 new adventures for your use in convenient PDF form
awdaberton.wordpress.com/about/
>Ander's Sandberg's Eclipse Phase fanmade content, including several modules
aleph.se/EclipsePhase/
>Farcast: An Eclipse Phase yearblog full of items, locations, NPCs, and plot hooks
mediafire.com/download/dhqd1m83xc1wmpj/Farcast_Yearblog_2013.pdf
>The Ultimate's Guide to Combat
eclipsephase.com/sites/default/files/UltimatesGuideToCombat11a.pdf

/EPG/ HOMEBREW CONTENT
docs.google.com/document/d/19Gy02gp6-WPQ3SoN_24kLPTUu5EjFO8qh_9pjJSVrrY/edit

Previous Thread: Come, /epg/, let us reject non-rational or non-proven concepts like law, family and morality.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-D99n9f3vU4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So let me get this straight.

You want me to abandon the illusions that give my life purpose even though they make my life objectively better?

Are you sure you thought this premise through?

>What's getting in the way of kidnapping someone and stealing their morph.

Well, in the inner system, most people don't use cyberbrains - probably for this literal reason (among others). This means you have to subdue them on the street (or whatever, in the wild), drag them to an Ego Bridge (which is non-portable and expensive) and then wipe the ego and transfer a new one in. Without whatever technical process is normally done to remove the Ego ID and all that shit, or to make sure and try and spoof the original IDs on the morph later.

And, you have to do this process all under the watchful eye of the Panopticon and in a 24/7 internet culture, so you best pick you target very carefully, pick your time carefully, etc.

Bodyjacking is way tougher than egonapping.

I still have trouble parsing this quote.

Like, if it's all illusions, then inherently how is one set of illusions different from another?

Not to mention EP is full of illusions, just like real life, projections on the wall with no intrinsic meaning - and like was said by one of the devs on the forums people do all kinds of illusory shit to get away from the Apocalypse.

But, on the counterpoint, how does rejection or inception of any illusions affect the objective value of life? Isn't one of the core concepts on nihilism that where nihilism is applied is to illusory or empty concepts without objective "real" value, up to all of existence itself?

How do the "illusions" in the transhuman future of conspiracy and horror not make your life objectively better? I mean, basic biomods are great. Resleeving is great. Nanomedicine is pretty rad too.

90% of the Earth's population died after the Fall, and whatever killed them proves that Eclipse Phase isn't really an ideal future at all.

Not that I agree with that "fucking loon".

Go ahead user, show me on the doll where transhumanism touched you

Most of them probably deserved it.

Why isn't everything encrypted in real life? Because it carries a processing overhead, you are dependant on a third party which won't hand your private keys to the CIA, and if for some reason you decide to use unbreakable encryption you will end catching some people attention.

I don't know who most of those are. I only recognize shadowdragon.

I also don't believe that all of those people post here. Some of it could easily be someone using forum posts as copypasta to shitpost here. They don't even have to be an active forum user.

As one of those people, no, I'm pretty sure that short list actually IS the people who post at regular intervals on both the forum and here on Veeky Forums, though obviously they are not inherently frequent posters on either. And at least one of those guys is banned from the forums, so there's that too.

Quantum crypto is tough to do and requires a lot of dedicated equipment.

Everything of any worth is already PGP encrypted.

Tough to do even with magical metamaterials, carbon nanoshits, and nanomachines, son?

Yes.

>Carbon nanoshits
If you're shitting out carbon nanotubes, there is something extremely wrong with your digestive system. You just might be an exsurgent, user.

Cryptography is coding, not physical, so all the physical super-science magic in the multiverse wouldn't make it easy. You'd need to warp reality to allow Hollywood hacking rules in order to make quantum cryptography easy.

Nah. You can only get out nanoshits through a nanosphincter, which is normal for Titanians posting on Extropian imageboards.

Carbon in, carbon out. Jeff mixed up the maker feedstocks and we didn't spot it for a few hours.

>Carbon in, carbon out.

Carbon reavers 4 lyfe!

Make a new major faction for Eclipse Phase.

Hard mode: Base them in either Earth, Mercury, Uranus, or Pluto

Can it be a faction of prostitutes?

Feel free.

>THE BLUDONIANS
>MEMES: LIDERALLY EBIN :-DDD
EXCUSE ME WHERE ARE THE DISCUSSION ABOUT BLUDO?

Too bad there isn't a faction of Redditors, you'd fit right in there

You're incapable of perceiving irony

If only there was a faction for people who were only pretending to be retarded, you'd fit right in there

Literally the same insult.

Which is the thickest faction?

Ultimates.

Jovians. is the Veeky Forumstest faction.

Couldn't they have named the penalty trait something else?

I want fat asses, not tight buns

Just start your own hab where the rule is everyone takes Fat Storage.

youtube.com/watch?v=-D99n9f3vU4
And this will be your anthem.

As an argonaut I'm going to need some sauce to conduct thorough research into this morph

Maryou Chouzuki

Isn't that what the skrirks are made of? Equal parts carbon nanotubes, biological fuckery and hatred?

Are the gravity combat rules basically still "Every g above 1 gives a -10 modifier"?

Also go read Ramjet's All Tommorrows. The Aesteromorphs really reek of what transhumans iwll likely end up as.

I thought it was every .2 g past 1 g is -10 modifier as if from a wound. Which isn't a combat modifier, it's an "all the time" modifier.

Luckily High-G adaptation is relatively cheap all things considered.

No, carbon nanotubes aren't involved. You're probably thinking of a different exsurgent.

Skirk bomb things. Cough up a container full of skirks near an enclosed habitat, then just float the container up to the airlock, a "for you" present tag, and run like hell.

What's the best character generator for EP?

Would it be the online one in the OP?

Ok, Veeky Forums I need some help with this one, but I need to go into some backstory first.

So a few years ago, a group at my local hobby store were doing a game of Deathwatch. Now it was December, so the GM, being in the spirit, made a Christmas themed game where the party had to go on an ice planet and rampage through an elf village to kill santa for being a xenos. I wasn't there for the whole thing (My D&D group was about to start), but I was there long enough to see the squads Vindicare (The GM allowed it) Kill a whole elf family accept a girl and her little brother, he made them fight to the death with silverware, and left the winner alive so she would be forced to live with the memory. After the whole thing was over, one of the guys told me santa died after bleeding out from having his arm ripped off.

Ever since then, I had the idea to do Christmas themed games. I once asked a GM to have a Xmas one-off in our shadowrun game, we brainstormed ideas, like one of the Megacorps contracted the group to kidnap santa so they can capitalize on christmas, the catch being that 4 other runner teams were hired from different sources to do the same thing, so the team would have to compete to get santa, or they could let santa go and, in return, he'd give them presents early from his sack. Presents being any peace of gear they wanted.

So this brings me to this, I need to come up with a Christmas themed game of EP by December and I need a plot. The game is standard Firewall style on Mars. Any ideas?

Where can I find EP Rule34?

Wouldn't a skrik coming out of a humanoid morph just be a miniature human?

I think that might just be the most terrifying aspect of the Exurgent virus.

Everywhere, including the official sourcebooks

Elves, snow and cybernetic carbon nano-reindeer can all be found on Titan.

>We come from the land of the ice and snow, of the midnight sun where the hot springs flow

Well that maybe, but I want it to be local.

How hard would it be to maintain a false identity in Eclipse Phase?

Grab an identity of someone who died or disappeared during the Fall. Who's gonna argue?

Cost is [High]

An anarchist cell plots to "smash the corporate holiday of xmas" by unleashing AOK basilisk-hacks that targets toy designers. Save the holiday, deliver some toys to orphans, it's all good.

Or just do something like the picture.

Why did the TITANs make an AoK hack to target toymakers?

Are there ways of differentiating the egos of regular humans, AGIs and Uplifts?

Yes, it's explicitly mentioned a couple of times in the books that the brainprint scans look different.

Oh lord, this reminds me of E(R)P's I've been in featuring Pleasure Pods.

You'd be amazed at how voluptuous those things can become, and how much they demand in terms of partners.

Because they're massive assholes.

No one really knows exactly why. Presented here are the three most popular theories in Firewall, ranked from "least likely" to "most likely":

The TITANs had shoes that were too tight.
The TITANs heads weren't screwed on right.
The TITANs hearts were two sizes too small.

It makes more sense if they come out as fetuses.

Skirks aren't babies, they're miniature clones of a morph.

But why?

Because TITANs.

The only way to survive is...
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED.

So why not just devour their fucking corpse like the monster you are, instead of going through the hastle of grinding them into groddy meat noodles.

Better yet, actually grind their meat and make delicious soft tacos out of your fallen prey.

Who knew the ETI was a fan of Army of Darkness

>Not making gourmet meals out of lowly transhumans for α-rep

>it's catching on

Has anyone considered any theories explaining the wild diversity of the exsurgent virus?

Like, there's a strain that gives you psychic powers, a strain that makes you vomit tiny yous, a strain that makes you grow insect limbs, a strain that replaces your ego/morph/both with an alien, a strain that makes you think everyone else is infected...and so on. At this point there's an exsurgent strain for just about any weird fucked up thing, and "weird fucked up things happening" seems to be also the only thing all of them have in common.

'Exsurgent' is like 'protist', it's a wastebasket taxa for anything humanity doesn't understand how to properly classify.

It can do fine textures, make stuff juicy, tender, crisp, but not quite like farmed food.

TITANs making such strains.

Okay, but if the virus came from the Bracewell probe, what does the fact that it's not a single thing imply?

That the TITANs made strains of it to use as weapons or party tricks or whatever.

It didn't necessarily come from the Bracewall probe.

They may have slipped in a variety of ways, or been modified by a variety of entities.

Half of what people call 'exsurgents' wasn't created by the ETI and didn't come from the bracewell probe. It's a bunch of other nanoinfections, diseases and monsters that people classify as the same thing because they share vague similarities and they don't know any better.

Why is EP so lewd?

Prostitutes.

what sort of situation would be necessary for a reasonably populous undersea human habitat or chain of habitats to survive to 10AF and make contact with the rest of the surviving system. I'm trying to flesh out a situation where a population of deep sea fall survivors large enough to constitute a small faction or subfaction contact and become known to transhumanity. While under heavy suspicion and quarantine, it is generally agreed in the inner and outer system that they are neither exurgents nor TITAN bait, and they hold the "space colonies" in a similar light. In terms of faction details, I was thinking they would be concentrated in fortified stations and installations, with some roving submarines and floor crawlers, and even fewer fiberoptic highways and maglevs. Socially they are big on self improvement and modification, as well as pragmatism, but not necessarily morphological freedom or free use of technology. They are to be authoritarian in culture but decentralized in actual organization, and tend to be willing to do horrible things to themselves and others and treat it as normal if it solves the problem. They have a lot of uplifts, and have a lot of cetacean and octopus memes.

As in under the earth ocean or in a hab filled with water?

Because the technology makes many impossible fetishes possible and the devs don't help by inserting their own fetishes into the mix.

Genuine question, what fetishes do the devs insert, because I found EP's disappointingly sanitary.

Rifters

Craft me a synthmorph out of jade, I guess, because my reaction to this was "pft, is that all?"

In the earth ocean, along rifts and in other highly defensible location
Presumably they need to keep on good terms with the LLA so the latter doesn't try to find out how deem their mass drivers can reach.

>because my reaction to this was "pft, is that all?"

Honestly I feel the same way, it might be from my time spent on /pfg/ but the thought of using your big tough bodyguard as a big-dicked stud or fucking a chick with genuine horse-dick just doesn't seem as gross to me as it used to. Hell, I'd call it arousing.

Highly defensible doesn't mean shit when you're still on earth.

It's more that it's a product of the developers rather than players. It's like if Paizo put out their own version of the Book of Erotic Fantasy, or rather if they inserted bits and pieces of the Book of Erotic Fantasy into the core rulebook and major splatbooks.

I don't want to turn this into a conversation about Paizo in the /epg/ thread, but I think we'd both agree it would be nice if those repressed little Northwest hipsters actually jammed some overt eroticism into their works, this teasing they do with NPCs and encounters is just obvious pent-up sexual frustration.