MTG EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

#Dicksoutforprophet edition

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/04-05-15-rakdos-edh/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/xenagos-beats-by-dre/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>#Dicksoutforprophet
I fapped to pic related.

>you will never own a Tabernacle

>dicksoutforprophet

wait, wha? is it getting unbanned or something? or is OP just memeing?

This is not edh related but I figured you guys might know. What is the relationship between the Darksteel and Blightsteel Colossii? Same for Inkmoth and Blinkmonth Nexii. What are the differences between Darksteel and Blightsteel and Inkmoth and Blinkmoth?

audible kek to picture
A few months late on the prophet thing tho

the ones with infect got corrupted by phyrexia

Cant say harambe or wizards might ban me from the twitch stream

Prophet of Kruphix was terrible for the format and you all know it.

Next ban list update gents?

LOVED IT when I had it out, despised it when anyone else did.

Darksteel/Blinkmoth = originals
Blightsteel/Inkmoth = infected with alien jizz

What's the backstory on this

Any suggestions?

Memnarch is a pet card of mine, since I started MtG in Mirrodin. But I already have a Daretti deck. Do I try and just make a 'different' artifact deck with Memnarch at the head or find some other way to run him?

Youtube drama, wizards comfirmed sjws

Zuran Orb is a good include.

Also try to run a degenerate land destruction package; crucible, strip mine, wasteland, etc. Everybody loves that.

Who was involved?

Post 'em again

Overlaid terrain + Splendid Reclamation spicy meatball

POST EM
O
S
T
E
M

Mtgheadquarters vs the entire mtg community, he wasnt wrong

#dicksoutforjeremy

Ouch. Doing this

Wait for kaladesh and the UR artificer legendary then finally make an izzet artifacts deck

I didn't realise just how much I liked red until I made this, I always thought black was my favourite colour.

Heh. Is there actually one coming or are we just hoping against hope?

Not sure I'd want to get too excited anyway, given what resulted from the wait for a legendary werewolf.

>giving the Kaalia player 3 extra combats with Illusionist's Gambit/Fork and having him kill the table
>Table gets super mad, accuse me of kingmaking
>Kaalia player acting all smug thinking I handed him the game
>Blow him out with a gorillion damage Banefire on my turn

SCIENCE

That seems like a lot of effort to just get a mana doubler.

Tell me about your Rakdos the Defiler deck. How does it work?

Also, behold a really shitty picture of my decks. Can't wait for those 4 colours.

i cant wait to get a copy of berzerk for my commander deck, turning a swing from an opponent into into unexpected lethal+killing there commander.

Badly. It's just mana ramp, cards like Reassembling Skeleton and Nether Traitor sacrificing repeatedly to their demonic overlords, then a lot of demons and Blood Speaker for the one bit of tribal synergy available. It flies under the radar for a while but then when Rakdos starts hitting people or a scary demon like Sire of Insanity comes out I get targeted and die horribly.

You need an Assault Suit in there to put on the RakDaddy

can someone tell my why the newer rakdos doesn't see ANY play in commander? it seems like a decent card

Someone post that picture with all the pingers

>Oloro
You fucking gentleman and scholar

I never thought about that, that's brutal.

1 Nekusar, the Mindrazer
1 Notion Thief
1 Dream Halls
1 Mind Over Matter
1 Jace's Archivist
1 Temple Bell
1 Otherworld Atlas
1 Winds of Change
1 Timetwister
1 Wheel of Fortune
1 Windfall
1 Whispering Madness
1 Reforge the Soul
1 Time Reversal
1 Time Spiral
1 Twincast
1 Fork
1 Reverberate
1 Increasing Vengeance
1 Reiterate
1 Bloodchief Ascension
1 Molten Psyche
1 Phyrexian Tyranny
1 Spiteful Visions
1 Psychosis Crawler
1 Time Warp
1 Temporal Manipulation
1 Capture of Jingzhou
1 Pact of Negation
1 Force of Will
1 Misdirection
1 Mana Drain
1 Chain of Vapor
1 Cyclonic Rift
1 Torpor Orb
1 Stranglehold
1 Brainstorm
1 Ponder
1 Preordain
1 Impulse
1 Imperial Seal
1 Vampiric Tutor
1 Mystical Tutor
1 Personal Tutor
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Lim-Dûl's Vault
1 Grim Tutor
1 Dark Ritual
1 Cabal Ritual
1 Simian Spirit Guide
1 Lotus Petal
1 Mana Crypt
1 Mox Diamond
1 Chrome Mox
1 Mox Opal
1 Sol Ring
1 Mana Vault
1 Grim Monolith
1 Talisman of Indulgence
1 Talisman of Dominance
1 Fellwar Stone
1 Izzet Signet
1 Dimir Signet
1 Rakdos Signet
1 Gilded Lotus
1 Ancient Tomb
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1 River of Tears
1 Command Tower
1 Exotic Orchard
1 Reflecting Pool
1 City of Brass
1 Forbidden Orchard
1 Underground Sea
1 Volcanic Island
1 Badlands
1 Watery Grave
1 Steam Vents
1 Blood Crypt
1 Sunken Ruins
1 Cascade Bluffs
1 Graven Cairns
1 Drowned Catacomb
1 Sulfur Falls
1 Dragonskull Summit
1 Underground River
1 Shivan Reef
1 Sulfurous Springs
1 Polluted Delta
1 Bloodstained Mire
1 Scalding Tarn
1 Flooded Strand
1 Wooded Foothills
1 Misty Rainforest
1 Marsh Flats
1 Verdant Catacombs
1 Arid Mesa
1 Seat of the Synod
1 Great Furnace
1 Vault of Whispers

wouldn't normal combat be good enough to summon him, so you don't have to play shitty pingers.

What do you think of my control deck? Normally play it a little cuter, but I'm angling at blowing out combo decks.

pls forgive potato quality phone

>playing bad Chandra Burn
>Have Furnace and Fire Servant
>"Exile Furnace, user"
>in response
>Skred player B's Jin
>counter
>In response
>Fall of the Titans for 8
>Targeting both players
>they both take 8>16>32
>get to keep my shit
>mfw

I thought it was quite common. Or maybe people don't like BR?
New things like Cryptolith Fragment just keep making it better and better.

T A P P E D O U T

>crypt
>force
>drain
Cancer / 10

T A P P E D O U T

Must suck being poor

Bonus points for using the new "Goad" mechanic or anything else that forces creatures to attack (Goblin Diplomats and Grand Melee comes to mind)

Also, would MLD work well? They'd have to start saccing creatures and you'd have a ton of demons left.

Gotta fight fire with fire my dude.

It gets you around decks you can't punch through (token decks, green beasties decks) and is more reliable once an enemy board state is present.
Personally, I just throw a couple in to guarantee that I cast him especially T3/4.

is there any reason to run command tower in a monocolored deck?

EDH Staples . dec

Y tho

Your opponents like to run cards like Boil?

People do play Lord of Riots, me for one. He is not actually as shitty as everyone says, just most people who play him are turbocasuals who are shit at deckbuilding.
Here's my list tappedout.net/mtg-decks/04-05-15-rakdos-edh/

I am super excited for this. Easily the best red legend I have seen in a long time. I want to goad and pillage all day long.

Not really. Unless your opponent is running Wake of Destruction or specific hate cards, I don't see why would you use anything else but basics and few utility lands. In monocolour, Command Tower is straight up downgrade from basic.

You have the best next thing.

The current errata on this is "...sacrifice the creature"

>tfw you will never own a Mishra's Workshop
brb killing self

One thing I've always wondered, I use mtgtop8 and my own judgment from there to suss out decklists but why don't blue stax decks play this card based on lists from there? Not enough creature base to punish?

this hurts me, my reaper king artifact deck needs one

the top8 page only collects from 1v1 commander games.

It's much harder to stax someone out in 1v1

>Made a Mishra deck online and love it to death
>Decide to start building in in paper
>Mfw Nether Void, Mishra's Workshop and the duals/fetches

Stax is still a strong and popular strategy in 1v1 and literally none of the decks play it.

Who /Boros/ here?

Will you build a deck for justice?

Maybe if there were some not shit Boros commanders. Or alternatively, some explicitly equipment based Boros commander would appeal to me.

lol

Boros was a mistake

You nerds can flounder in propaganda and pay your taxes while the real law enforcement gets to work

Enjoy not drawing any cards

Melee seems strong

Does it?

jor kadeen?

This is why

>giving a few of your creatures +3/+3 at most
ehhhhhh

My nigger

Shut up Sawatari, go play Yosenjus

>it looks like Jor has a small Phyrexian tattoo
kek

not an edh scientist but

>shitty colors, no ramp for fatties, no enchantment removal, no blue degeneracy
>you have to fill your deck with shitty pingers
or
>you have to play your deck without your commander until you already establish a board state and manage to get some damage in, which is quite a lot to ask considering the commander isn't all that great anyway
>your entire gameplan revolves around hoping really hard that no one wipes the board the first time you dump your hand on the table

basically if you want to have fun with fatties, maelstorm wanderer, xenagos etc. are typically just better. i think rakdos is fun but it's very janky and casual

-----

on the topic of xenagos, do you guys try to play him with a tempo style of putting down fatties and answering to threats (players or permanents) or do you try to win the game by stalling and tutoring and killing everyone in 1 turn?

i've been doing the first, but it doesn't seem that great for winning, just good at making specific players not win. it seems like it would be more effective to try to assemble some sort of a weapon of mass destruction out of a fatty, a pump/burn spells and xenagos (see: pic). but then i don't know if that would be as fun (for me or the other players for that matter)

i don't mind losing with xenagos at all though, it's a very fun deck to play even when losing

There are people in THIS thread, RIGHT now who play multiplayer edh

In colors that shit out tokens like last nights vindaloo those 1/1 freebies can get out of hand when they are all suddenly 4/4

Not busted, but I think it has potential for wide strategies. I'm probably going to put together a token/equipment deck for her.
All your creatures, which is why you go weenie with her. Boros' biggest problem after lacking card draw is that it doesn't have Overrun. Vigilance, First Strike and multiple combat phases should make up for no trample, and she gives the p/t buff that weenies need.

She's by no means a game changer, but she does seem to do exactly what you want to do with Boros.

There are people in THIS thread, RIGHT now who can't handle the bantz of multiplayer EDH

Yeah, the +3/+3 was never the game-changing part of Overrun.

There are people in this thread who dont play both multiplayer or duel commander.

There are people in THIS thread, RIGHT now who lack the friends to play multiplayer edh.

>Not shit Boros commander

Who is Tajic
Who is Brion
Who is Aurelia

>Equipment based would appeal to me
Jor Kadeen user, there you go.

There are people in THIS thread, RIGHT now who have no friends to play MTG with.

melee with battalion creatures might be fun

There are, at this very moment, quite certainly, right now, PEOPLE, in this thread

Anyone else cooking up some spicy brews for the new elf waifu? I'm pretty stoked since I can pretty much put my Yeva deck back together without getting bitched at by my group

I have. I've had pic related for years now and I also had Jor Kadeen token deck for a while. Nothing more fun than to steal a creature and let Brion return it.

put her in the 99 of omnath

I don't really like her as a Commander, but I really like her as one of the 99 in any creature-heavy build.

List?

Yes, definitely. Also old Odric.
>both RW Archetypes can be grabbed by Sun Titan
Dang, I really wasn't expecting to be excited about brewing Boros

Been playing Xenagos for a while now, nearly two years, and I've found a tempo/midrange list works out well with enough removal to get rid of problem permanents like Humility. It's a slow deck, something I'm looking to fix in the coming months, but it works well at dropping fatty after fatty to wear down the removal and beat down face. Vorapede is a very hard worker in the deck because it feeds to Birthing Pod and survives board wipes and removal well, only growing bigger.

This is my decklist, for the most part it's up to date, but I'm going to be revamping it soon enough

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/xenagos-beats-by-dre/

Is that force foil?

I'm not seeing a force, but that is a terrible quality photo

>Slap Grenzo into a Krenko EDH deck
>Swing with 1/1 gobbos at everyone
>Goad the beefy beaters
>Pillage the guys with tons of spells
>Smug your way to victory

>playing a 4 player game
>going along nicely people interacting
>orzhov prison player has more lands and creatures out as well as a ghostly prison
>gets a shit eating grin on his face, floats his mana and drops a kormus bell (while urborg is out)
All lands are swamps, all swamps are 1/1 creatures
>plays humility and laughs
>"hah! Everyones lands are now 1/1 and cany produce mana so you cant even attack me"
>he passes the turn
>daretti player informs him that his urborg is a 1/1 with no abilites so the only swamps on he table are his
>daretti plays a earthquake for 1 and wipes out the orzhov player who now has no board and 2 plains and a guildgate
>orzhov player emits and earpiercing screech like a seagull and throws his deck into his bag and storms off, leaving his playmat and dice
>rest of us staring silently at each other
>we didnt see him this weekend
Has your playgroup ever caused anyone to develop instant autism? Hes a regular and hes never been like that before, i kinda feel bad now

>>Daretti player informs him that his Urborg is a 1/1 with no abilites so the only swamps on he table are his
But that's wrong

>>"hah! Everyones lands are now 1/1 and cany produce mana so you cant even attack me"

What exactly is stopping them from tapping for mana? Ghostly Prison doesn't stop activated abilities.

Yes

>Down to me and one other person
>I have 1 life left compared to his 60
>All he needs to do is swing one creature my way and I'm fucked
>every time he plays a creature I nuke the board
>Do this 17 times
>he concedes because "it's no fun if you're going to just keep blowing up the board like that"
>mfw

I hope there was recursion or spot removal in there, because there is no way in fuck you're running 17 board wipes.