Age of Sigmar General

>resources
pastebin.com/6y3WjKs6

Tzeentch after dwarfs? edition

>General's Handbook is up
Who can convert it in pdf with hyperlink function?
Rough version is up, still waiting that kat uploader version.
mega.nz/#!DxJhhQRa!ObBJiQp43LJK2gC22ioeyXsMNU1_BjwyAR-sjeAoHJg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

Old thread:
If the rumours are true, then a Tzeentch release is after the dwarfs. What do you think it will contain? A release of the Kairic acolytes from Silver Tower?

where do you find points costs for things like banner/musicians? or do they come default with the unit when you purchase?

the command group comes for free in every unit

>Bought Silver Tower when it came out as friends said they would play
>Games night everyone has said they didn't want to play, even when it was my turn
>Have to play shitty meme board and card games again and again
>Declined turning up for the games group
>Tonight laid out all the pieces on my kitchen table
>played the game vs myself

Hello Darkness my old friend...

:(

Your friends are losers. I would love to play Silver Tower.

Without wanting to sound sarcastic... How did the game go?

>kill 1 retributors from squad of 10
>they are near saurus with stardrake icon, so +1 to battleshock rolls
>rolls a 6 on battle shock, uses order allegiance ability to reroll it
>rolls a 1, thinks his retributors are safe
>but they are near a carnosaur
>i roll a 6 on Bloodroar
>5 retributors flee

:(

Starting to think they're not the best friends when it comes to traditional games, may abandon ship and try a local club instead.

It wasn't too bad actually, I tried to play it as the monsters would go for the biggest threat which meant the dps was getting hammered too badly so I opted for randomisation for the monster attacks on the heroes, it got easier after that. But towards the very end while dueling the Summoners second incarnation, Tzeentch's boy rolled really well, the Heroes not so much and two of them dropped in a single round, the other two in the round after.

I'm trying to justify it like playing a single player game on the poota, or.. fuck, even Solitare.

Dude, this is me, trying to get my friends to try anything else than Warmahordes. We have been playing this shit for 4 good years now, and Its fun, but a man gets tired ffs!
They used to be all open to miniature wargames, and now its all "nah man..."
Hell, even board games I buy is a "no-no" and 1-2 year later someone pops out saying "I bought this totally awesome game, you all must play it!" and it turns out to be the same fucking game.... sigh...

Remember

>Proxy - use something as something else
>Conversion - Make something in to something else.

To all the idiots roaming the streets tonight.

in the generals handbook it refers to orc boys as orruks with a points cost of 100 per 10. does this mean hat both orcs with choppa or spear cost 100 per 10 as well as the seperate entry from the base scroll for orc arrer boyz is 10 for 100pts but with the different loadout?

Yes

does that also mean there is no black orcs or black orc warboss? or did those become orruk ardboys and orruk megaboss?

not that I don't believe what you say, but where can i see confirmation of this in the rules?

Yes, so you can not take the Arrer boyz as battleline.

Ardboyz are the new blackorks (at least, they use the same model).
Remember, you can use the full range of Destruction units, as long as you use the minimum amount of battleline units and heroes and whatnot.
And if you use, lets say Ironjawz list only, this allows you to use Ardboyz, Brutes and Gore-gruntas as battleline units, as long as you don't pick units outside this list.

why's that?

Oh maybe they can, the Bonesplitterz have 3 separate "Orruks" option, the Savage, the Arrer, and the Morboyz option, only the savage is a battleline. Not sure how it works for regular Orruks.

DORFS ON JETPACKS FUCKING WHEN!

normal orruks boys just can be equipped any way they aren't separate types

i kno rite? i want my steampunk power armor and zepplins

Fuck you, there's nothing wrong with zeppelins but jetpacks and steampunk armour DO NOT FUCKING FIT THE GAME

>WHFB literally remade in to WoW in a miniature wargame
>Don't fit the cartoonish setting

You wut mate?

Drakkfoot Warclan 60

Wurrgog Prophet(Squirmy Warpaint, Dokk Juice, Squiggly Curse) 140

Kop Rukk 100

Wardokk(Ju-Ju Wotnotz, Brutal Beast Spirits)
Wardokk(Savage Trophy, Kunnin' Beast Spirits)
Wardokk(Gorkamorka's War Cry)
20 Morboys 240
20 Morboys 240

Teef Rukk 40

2 Big Stabbas 100
2 Big Stabbas 100

Snaga Rukk 40

Maniak Weirdnob(Lucky Bone, Bone Krusha) 100
Maniak Weirdnob(Big Wurrgog Mask, Hand of Gork) 100
Maniak Boarboys 160
Maniak Boarboys 160

20 Savage Orruks 200

Total 2020

5 for each boarboy unit

80 for each wardokk

Can I get some help determining if I want to go Brettonians? I have the chance to purchase a shit ton of Bretts but I keep getting conflicting opinions.

I know they are a meme army and a bro tier force but are they good enough in game. I already play a suck, yet looks cool, army in 40k and I want to make sure this army at least can win a game.

What would a good Brettonian list look like. And I dont want peasant spam, I have empire for that.

I want fucking knights!

So, how do I punch out Stormcast as a primarily DeathRattle player? I run lots of Skeletons with Necro/Wight/Vampire support, along with a unit of grave guard. But im still having trouble punching through their Highrends.

Grail knights are pretty good in a frendly shop touny a guy with bretts and dwarfs won pure bretts just lack good shooting but you have plenty in the rest of your army

hex wraiths or take neferata

I actually do run Hexwraiths in a unit of five, but they simply dont do enough damage and their mortal wound ability kinda blows

Is there something in the generals handbook that shows an Orruk boy stat line and available equipment?

>I want WoW as a wargame
>I want science fiction in my medieval high fantasy
>I suck huge, fat cocks
t. you

If done right, rune powered armor and golems could be cool. I also would be okay with magnetic jet packs.

it's just the boy entry all of those loadouts are on the same warscroll so no mater how you equip them they are 100pts for 10

do you mean getting through armor or dealing with their rend in this post

I'm okay with Golems, Zeppelins and even.the gyrobombers, but rayguns and jetpacks just sounds like it should be put into 40k and stay there desu
Warhammer fantasy/AoS already has advanced enough technology

Oh, sorry, I meant getting past their Saves and doing enough damage. Rending is okay, as I can usually buffer my units with a nice bubble wrap if Skeles. Its just actually killing the stormcasts thats the problem.

>he only sucks small skinny cocks

G I T G U D

Morghasts or a zombie dragon then or any of the mortarchs and then spirit hosts are pretty good too

on jetpacks, aren't those azyros stormcast basically dudes with magical jetpacks?

>Main Villain is basically an Anime Hero
>Other main Villain is skeletor
>Giants fight by getting shitface
>Lizard people made of dreams
>WFB had helicopters, flamethrowers, a nuke, and robot horses and a fucking tank
>Zeppelins which WERE CANON in WFB somehow doesn't fit with the new style

>Zeppelins which WERE CANON in WFB somehow doesn't fit with the new style
Can you not read? I said they were okay (they're great if done right, actually)
>robot horses
Were already stupid back then

New sigmarine models when?

They need their own behemoth beyond dracoths. How long before we get a sigmarine dreadnought, or sigmarine dreadknight?

Well I mean if you're going to suck cocks, it's less gay to suck small slender feminine cocks.

power armor? Fucking what? As the guy you guys are responding too please fill me in.

You know I'd like to see GW buck the trend.

Instead of dwarves being the technologically advanced counterpart to the orks primitive yet still viable nature.

I want to see dwarves go in a slightly different, sillier direction.

Dwarven shrink machines to produce EVEN SHORTER dwarves that are stronger still than their regular dwarf cousins.

Think Dwarven Ant Man.

Some user claims he caught of glimpse of some sprues that were slated to release later this year. He got excited and told the rumor sites that Squats were back, with some sort of zepplin, power armor, and jetpacks.

40k enthusiasts rejoiced at the return of squats. AoS enthusiasts guessed that it was instead the rumoed steampunk dwarves which were supposed to be a faction of duardin that worshipped Grungni over the Fyreslayers who worshipped Grimnir.

The leaker was able to get a closer look later and confirmed that they were indeed for AoS and not 40k. He confirmed a more steampunk look for the dwarves. So instead of scifi power armor and jetpacks, it's more steampunk power armor and jetpacks.

Rumor is later in september. I am saving up my money for this one.

>The leaker was able to tailor his lie to pander to the loudest group of people feeding him attention and confirmed that they were indeed for AoS and not 40k.

fixed that for you champ.

Umm, no. At least on the 2 rumor sites where the leaks came in, the vast majority of the commenters were the ones proclaiming the good news for 40k, and the AoS players saying dwarves were in the minority. Try again.

IT'S HAPPENING

GET HYPE

>warseer still down

Did someone set fire to the servers or something? I thought they just suffered a data loss?

Big fucking deal, reboot the servers, reinstall the os'es if you have to and fire that shit back up again what's the goddamn holdup?

>being concerned about whineseer being down, litterally nothing of value lost
That's like being concerned when BoLS goes down.

Means nothing. If this was related to new stuff, they would do it later in the week, closer to the beginning of the weekend rather than at the end of it to put things up for preorder.

Where else am I going to find "articles" that are just links to past articles that are just copypastas of even older articles?

>start getting interested in AoS
>wanted to look at modes to decide to pick a faction
>webstore goes down

Do I need any of the new dangled wood elf stuff or can I get buy with my old glade guard/ riders dryads and other tree things?

the tree things are their own faction now, I think
and the wood elves are their own thing, not 100% there.

Truthfully, if you got those guys just look into getting the Grand alliance Order and the Sylvaneth book, and go from there.

Wood elves have been split into 2 factions: wanderers (being all the elves of wood elves) and sylvaneth (being all the trees of wood elsves).

The sylvaneth got the latest update with the most army rules. The wanderers consists entirely of the older models and are not updated with new army rules and stuff. But they will get theirs in time as all factions do.

Except Skaven. Give shit versions of advanced tech and I'm good.

>>played the game vs myself

Chaos Dwarfs and normal dwarfs from WHFB had steampowered power armor.

Did you all forget about the Skaven titans in Godbeasts (Parasite Engines)?

not for a while really maybe once they remember other races can be sigmarines so we get drawf flame throwers and Not Silverknight archers, and undead spooky sigmarines,

but most likely it would be special units for the chapters
like boar riding sigmarines for the red ones

No such things.

What's the tournament concensus regarding random turn order in burgerland (if there is one)?

Do you use it or skip it?

What do you mean? Haven't you read the Godbeast book?

In Canada we don't, but i would like to. Doesn't matter too much though.

And here is a picture of one of them in the background.

We have been playing it here in Aus, I find it really fun, yes you will get games that go against you if you roll bad, but the random nature of it really adds some fun changes to normal games and sets it apart from every other table top game from GW.

TLDR I love it

Right now the ITC is keeping it as is for the LVO in february. But the AoS community at Frontline Gaming don't use it. The reason they are keeping it in is they want their first GT to do rules as is and adjust it for future tournaments.

The only houserules they will be implementing for the LVO are base-to-base measuring (no surprise) and a sidebar system, which I am particularly stoked about.

So for right now they are keeping it in, but in future tournaments they may remove if if they feel it necessary. Or they may do a survey for it.

A WFB Dwarf character had a fucking steam powered Power Fist at one stage, which later became an item any dwarf character could equip after the Nemesis Crown campaign.

Yes I have perfected the scheme for my skill level...
Next up a Paladin with a great hammer, then a Prosecutor with dual hammers and more Liberators.
So on the first 5 Liberators the Prime should get the 2-handed hammer right? Should I give the Prosecutor Prime the 2-hander too? Or does it not matter in that group?

Except it's a sliding scale you fucktard
The only true "conversion" is a kitbash where no model exceeds 50%

Yep, Grimm Burlokkson.

The Dwarfs have always had a steampunk aesthetic which was becoming more and more apparent as time went on BEFORE end times. It even made sense in the fluff. The Engineer's Guild had been slowly growing in popularity and membership over time as more and more youth gravitated toward it, and even the grizzled veterans were beginning to recognize the benefits they brought to the battlefield, albeit begrudgingly.

So with the growing steampunk presence in the race, then a great apocalyptic event, then a move to magical realms and a few thousand years later, it would make sense that you have a faction of dwarfs that is now almost completely engineer's guild.

>it would make sense that you have a faction of dwarfs that is now almost completely engineer's guild.

It's a nice subversion of one of their classic tropes. Rather than being the whole 'Never progress, what we've got works fine' mentality, a new faction that turns that on it's head and insists on trying the new and untested.

A few thousand years and an apocalyptic extinction event would do that to any race.

Besides, there is still the Dispossessed.

Well first painted model ever guys how'd I do? I think I went to far on the shade. Whatever though live and learn huh?

Shit sorry for being sideways.

So I got a tournament coming up in about a month and I'm wondering what to do with this list.

2k points Skryre Alligience

1 Arc-warlock

6x3 Stormfiends with doomflayer gauntlet, flamethrower and ratling gun

1940 points

Now do I

A: keep it as it is and get a roll on the triumph table
B: add a flamethrower team to even out at 2k pts
C: Ditch the Arc-warlock and instead add 2 warlock engineers for an even 2k pts

What's your take on it?

You've got Gold to a nice point. That's amazing if it really is your first model
The only possible improvements are
>Base is bare
>Shoulders could use some colour - keep the trim gold though

After having built them for so long, I finally am getting the Forgesworn Eternals on the painting tabole. I gottat get these guys looking good in time for the LVO

The gold is much more dull in person sadly. I think I applied the shade too soon because I was impatient to let the gold dry.

Gonna apply the blue tomorrow and paint the shields. When I get the painting book and more paints I really want to make a hallowed nights army.

First things first though. take my three minis and go learn how the fuck to play this weekend.

Dorf Ubermensch/10

ok headswap, but amazing painting/10

Get some shock gauntlet stormfiends in there for massive horde killing.

Not power armour, they were described as looking like one of those old timey diving suits.

But apparently armoured.

Tempestos Hammer or Lightning Hammer for celestant on lizard?

oh hey, i remember seeing these. you made those within like the 1st month of aos release. glad to see some paint finally on them. looking forward to the finished product

do goblins not have access to a model that is a battle standard?

I have 2 models converted up from fantasy.. am I just going to have to use them for warbosses?

In the back of the legacy rules it says:

>Goblin Big Boss with Army Standard............Goblin Flag Waver (see Goblins warscroll)

So you use them as Flag wavers in units of Grots/Goblins.

Unless you mean Orcs, then you use them as Orc Warboss with Great Waaagh! Banner.

Any word on what model comes with white dwarf?

Should i do Neffy's mount Bone coloured or Black?
I'm having a hard time deciding.

Were they near a Lord-Celestant, because if they were, you just cheated the poor bastard.

Slaughterpriest with Hackblade.

No idea on the 3 others.

>bought silver tower game
>friends are all warhammer fantasy players who despise AoS
>still convince them to play the game with me
>we all use out old general models, seeing that they all have rules
>everyone has fun
>old rivalries flare up again as my Grey Seer steals a level from the sorceress
>people now actually want to give AoS a try

Everything went better than expected. Also, Silver Tower is amazingly fun.

So AoS general. I am starting a project.

I got a Sigmarine army from the starter set and I'm set on using the "Einherjar" idea and Vikinging up the Stormcast, however I have a few questions

A) do Stormcast look good with Marauder/Chaos Warrior heads or do they look too chaotic?

B) Would Space Wolf parts work

C) How far is too far when it comes to fluffing them for OCs?

Having never played a game of AoS, how does this look for a 2000pt moonclan list?

Great Moonclan
2x NG Warboss
2x NG shaman

60x nightgoblins
40x nightgoblins
40x night goblins

mangler squig
mangler squig

15x cave squigs
6x squig herders
5x squig hoppers

as listed it is 2k flat. It seems like it has a whole lot less toys than any of my fantasy goblin lists had, but not sure if that was the designers intentions with AoS

1. I think I've seen people use Marauder heads for them before, looked alright.

2. Probably.

3. I don't think there's a limit, they're pretty open ended fluff-wise and very "your dudes" friendly. So long as it makes sense, of course.

Looks bretty gud to me. What are each of the large goblin blocks running? Spears and nets?

Black

>Into 40K/Fantasy for many years
>Willing to try out other games and systems if I had anyone to try them with
>See Silver Tower release
>Not a fan of AoS but it looks cool
>Buy it
>Get everything ready to play, painted and everything
>Have no friends to play it with
>Play the game with myself, imagining scenes and crafting narratives and talking to myself to make it seem like I'm less alone

Yeah I know that feel. I've played a few 40K and WHFB games with myself too. That's why I come to Veeky Forums and watch battle reports and such.

At least I got the cool Dark Elf model out of it I guess.

This is the most AoS thing I have ever heard. And am stealing this as an argument for my FLGS owner to again ban AoS players from using the big table.