The Official MTG Snowstorm/Lore Thread

Welcome to the MTG flake/lore thread!
Last Thread:Previously: Shit and shit accessories.

Writefagging last time: None that I saw.

If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder. And the old snowsheets are under "Snowstorm sheets" > "1- ALL FLAKE SHEETS."

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
Unless that's too gay.

>Current Repository

drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
IMPORTANT NOTICE:

This will be the last flake thread I make for this storm. If you want to get anything else out into the storm, now is the time. After this, if anyone wants a flake thread, it will be up to you to make it. I have not updated the repo for the last 5 threads. But at the end of this thread, I'll give it one final update. Unless there is an overwhelming outcry for the storm to continue, in which case I'll get back on every now and then to update crap and whatnot, consider the repo closed after this thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

magiccards.info/query?q=e:bfz/en o:awaken&v=card&s=cname
docs.google.com/document/d/15VnAOs_mqXIZq2FBuKzSKqPuX3uow3PKqfRkKQKBSKw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If there is a cause for it to continue I'd volunteer to operate the repo in your steed.

this little fish is willing to continue, even if we do very little

The Snowstorm can never end. I live in Michigan; snowstorms are all I have! I just haven't had time to post or write or draw much, but I'm still here I promise!

I think you mean stead.
It has ended before and it will end again.
And it will start again with new flakes and hopefully will be better.

Because this one was obviously better than the last, everyone had so much more fun

No I mean I will operate it from within her steed. I like horses.

I wasn't here for the last one so I can't tell if you're being sarcastic.

I had more fun this time around, probably because I actually did something this time around instead of just sitting and watching.
There was more writing this time around too, I think.

Let's sink this ship with no survivors.

If you could fuck the brains out of any 3 flakes, who would they be?

Serena, Gaia and one other female flake of personal preference.

There, I answered the question for everyone.

>tfw the snowstorm is dying before i get the chance to finish character arcs
life truly is suffering

I love this thread and would not want to see it gone to the wind. Please keep it going for we, the creative of hearts.

>image.jpg

Remes/Cala/Jakrol/Winifred/Wyston-user here.

I like the threads, even though lots of dumb stuff happens from trolls. I'd like to see its continuation, but we really are going to need more writefagging to make this ship float.

> I like horses
Not in a platonic way either.

Also, just a reminder that my characters are free for whatever anybody wants to do with them. If you have questions, just ask.

> image.gofuckyourself
Mesa Des Des-chan.

Also, I haven't finished my snowstorm epic. I don't want it to end before anyone gets to finish reading it. :(

jesus christ you're easier to read than a book

Should we have another snowmending and start a new sheet using just the currently active flakes.

I mean, I imagine such a long sheet of "Here are all the snowflakes" would intimidate pretty much anyone new away.

That was planned around a month ago, with Gaia saying that they'd make the sheet themselves.

How does it feel that people can identify you from your first post in a thread on an anonymous image board? That you're that blatant and obvious in your trolling?

So it pretty much never happened then. Do we have a template of a blank one we can start filling up from the start. It just needs a good refreshing.

Is it me, or does this happen every time a block ends? The last storm did it too: Upsurged after D.tarkir and died during OGW, then a rise during SOI and a fall after Eldritch Moon.

Trolling? I don't troll people sweety. And apparently I'm not that easy to spot considering people have called me Vronak-chan and vise versa.

It's easy to be on the "hard-to-spot" crew when you don't use a name. I mention my flakes about once a thread, and otherwise go totally unnoticed.

I don't think it's fallen at all. I think Gaia is just getting tired of it.

Gaia's been keeping it on life support for close to three months. It's about time.

Never! It's just a babeh! It needs to be nurtured and fed! Feed it moar!

I'd be willing to help out with that if it's what we need to keep the storm going.

Frankly I think the issue is how EMN ended, many of the active flakes were on Innistrad and with no closure being given it makes the setting pretty hard to write in at all.

Well we could just have any of the flakes that were on Innistrad pair together and go someplace new that's apart from Fiora or Kaladesh. Go on an adventure or something.

That would depend entirely on the peopel who made those flakes having any ideas on what they want to write.

Well let's start with getting a list of flakes that were there.

Serena, Murdock, and the Cathar are there off of the top of my head. Thane is too but he's still back in pre-SOI in terms of writefagging.

Cala went to Innistrad. But she's a wildcard and left as soon as everything got "boring" again.

As the cathar user, I give permission to non Vronak anons to use my flake in things that aren't lewd or at least not the lewd parts

what about vronak and vronak impersonator anons?

I think you answered your own question. At least half of it.

Which Flakes are short stacks?

Kixdle, the goblin 'queen'

How short does one have to be to qualify?

probably below 5 feet.

bump as I head off to sleep. My guess is the thread won't survive the night.

Angelic bump.

Ginger is tiny but probably not shortstack physique, considering she's a jockey.
Zenri is a female kithkin, ergo quite tiny. Physique is unmentioned.
Cala is apparently just around five feet tall, as is Astera. Their horns add to their height.
Murdock is also apparently quite tiny, less than five feet just like Ginger.

Your epic is shit.

The real issue for me is that the resolution of EMN is important to her character development, how the human respond to Innistrad now and how Sigarda chooses to act are very key as is whether any other angels survive now that Emmy is in the moon. There's just so many unanswered questions that anything I write is almost certainly going to be invalidated when the lore finally does come out.

No treble.

Welcome to the club, just do the best you can and then go back to edit once lore comes out.

Yeah, I think I'll just play it safe. Assume the angels are all RIP and that Thalia and Sigarda will form a new Church of Avacyn upholding her ideals before SOI which seems the way Thalia was going.

With proportions like that, it's as though she's made out of flesh-colored gelatin.

Has Geralf finally gone too far with his latest creation?

Fun question: What was your 'Flake's "day job" before igniting? Sir Joseph was a blacksmith, and Mephiri, well he was busy granting wishes to people as expected.

Neither Sir Joseph nor Mephiri are short guys, unless you go by Veeky Forums's standards as sir Joseph is 5'10". Mephiri is 6'11" and that makes him on the low-average end of Efreet height if I remember correctly.

Serena used to ensure that villages and towns were prepared and ready in case of attacks. Such as checking on their wards, training their militia and routing out small cults if present.

>Gaia
For most of her youth she was of the craftsman class. This social class was responsible for all hand-crafted works in Eölnar society. She specifically tended to work the forges as an apprentice, first making mundane items, and then when the immortal war broke out she made weapons and armor. Sometime during the war, she left her profession and became a soldier.

>Owlmom/Spidermom
She was a poor peasant and farmer. She did her best to work the land and raise her 3 kids on her own, but life was very hard. She was thin as a rail all the time.

>Belagir
He was a traveling Sleep Soother, a type of bard that went around calming the rageful manifestations from the Realm of Dreams.

Anna was a student and head of the student affairs committee, given the plane she was on it was junior secret police.
Hondick was a turnip farmer
Jorge was training to be a knight in Bant after the conflux.
Starke was a gangster and intent on cleaning up her hometown.
The Cathar... take a wild guess
Newt was a little girl with a terrible name.

White mana's one hell of a drug.

Ninki doubled as house-keeping for an extended family of adventurers and a disciple of Emeria. Cooking, cleaning, healing and foraging all fell under her domain.
Inzhu had no profession. She was a minor when she first planeswalked and since then, she has had no experience with any sort of genuine work or labour.
Skotonos has stuck to his line of work as a poisoner and an assassin, although he did the majority of his work for Pharika's servants while he was planebound to Theros.
Ginger was a courier and messenger for a trading caravan before becoming a professional horse racer that was 'sponsored' by one of Olivia Voldaren's inner circle.
Finally, Stuzec had no real work. He was just a busker on the streets of Ravnica, part of a band of downtrodden Gateless. He wasn't particularly good at it though.

>Remes
Antiques shop owner, artifact smuggler for House Dimir

>Cala
Student

>Jakrol
Torturer in his lord's dungeons

>Winifred
N/A

>Wyston
He was a peasant who worked in the fields

Thane's day job before the eldrazi ignited was helping his little village near Affa deal with living around volcanic mountains on Zendikar.
So the usual lullmage stuff, plus making trenches that the lava could go in in case of surprise lavaflows.

Vronak
> 6'5" (helmet not included)
Vontrask
> 5'11"
Emir
> 5'10"
Lord Æon
> 6'4"
Íreth
> 5'2"
Miyja
> 5'3"
Graveborn
> 6'2"
Yumiko
> 5'4"
Gage
> 4'3"
Angie
> 5'2"
Caid
> 5'9"
Sariel
> 6'4"
Nanook
> 15'0"

>tfw everyone is a manlet compared to Serena.

Jorge being from Bant, maybe he and Sir Joseph know each other? I don't see him on the ref sheet, but then again, I don't see anything in the Repository when I go to it even though I know there are things in it.

Sir Joseph went from being Blessed-Caste, to Sighted-Caste, to Classless vagabond, to Sigiled-Caste in his 25 years of life pre-Ignition. He fought alongside the army with Elspeth, Ajani, and Rafiq of the Many before the fall of the Inner Three when Grixis and Jund finally overwhelmed Bant. He left to find new weapons to fight the invading hordes, which he had already been doing periodically, and hasn't been home in seven years. He's on Rabiah the Infinite right now, which I'm now finding I will have to find a good asspull of an explanation for (it involves Mephiri), but after that he plans on coming home again.

Ah, Lavamancy, a noble profession!

So Belagir's job was wandering the countryside singing lullabies and fighting Freddy Krueger, if I'm understanding you correctly? That's pretty cool.

How tall again? I mean, being an angel certainly sets one apart.

lullmage/roilmage actually. Zendikar's land had this lovely tendency to explode, get up and walk away, or reshape itself at any given moment because of the eldrazi. Lullmages had the fun job of getting Zendikar to calm down so it would freak out somewhere else. Roilmages, represented by the awaken mechanic did the opposite and made Zendikar sneeze where they were and profited with giant elementals solving their problems.
magiccards.info/query?q=e:bfz/en o:awaken&v=card&s=cname
Other than that, Thane's just a basic geomancer/Lithomancer in training: Jaws of Stone, Claws of Valakut. The easy stuff.

Serena is 6' 8" based on my headcanon for Innistrad angels. My guess being that Goldnights are the physically largest with Gisela being like 7' while Avacyn is even taller as a show of her godlike nature.

All you bitches are munchkins compared to the almighty Iona.

Damn straight. You could live inbetween those tits.

Where did you fleet this theory? Is there any artwork for comparison to average humans?

* get this theory

Jorge was born in jund so depending on when your guy ignited, they might know each other.

Ka'koarm was a petty thief, a kid on the streets that stole anything that looked like a challenge to his young eyes. Do merfolk have streets? Currents. There, he was a kid on the currents.
needless to say, ignition changed his life.

Not everyone~

Not really. The size comparison in this looks pretty spot on for my theory, though it could just be perspective. The Alabaster angel in Clip Wings(I imagine that flight to be the smallest) seems to be about a head taller than the cathars killing her, but again there's perspective problems. At the very least Avacyn is heug, she's described as such in URs, most recently in the last EMN story by Jace.

Re mind er

See Fuck you plaguelord.

It looks to me that they are just a good distance apart from eachother and not relatively close at all. I'll check the others though.

funny thing is that I'm 70% sure it's not actually just one plaguelord poster anymore.

She does look pretty tall in clip wings though.

if an angel demands blacksmiths assemble hilts for paired swords, is it a tall order, two handle?

The Angels aren't significantly taller than humans of they are taller at all.

>mfw that pun.

the ride never ends

>tfw Yao Shen is like 6'10" from constant green mana baths
2tall4u, serena

There's an UR where a Cathar, who describes himself as no small man, says he must look up to speak to an angle standing in front of him, because she's at least a head taller. Then when Avacyn lands, he's thoroughly intimidated because she's at least a head taller than that angel.

Neat.

Is it that the one where Avacyn goes crazy pants?

Nah, it's an older one from AvR. I don't remember what it's called.

In the arcana section I assume.

You know what, I don't even know if this thread will keep continuing until Friday. So, I'm going to post a flake that I've been saving just in case. Hope you guys like him.

Here is his origin.
docs.google.com/document/d/15VnAOs_mqXIZq2FBuKzSKqPuX3uow3PKqfRkKQKBSKw

>yet another creepy vronak walker
and this is why the threads are dying, everyone.

How is he a creeper, user? Sounds like you are just whining like a bitch.

>"He searches for a female with great power and strong will as to pass down their strength to his future lineage"
If you don't see what's wrong with that, then I don't know what to say to you.

So he's Skotonos? Wasn't that guy's whole thing to find a woman with great genes and pop out some sons?

Reminder that this is the same guy who said one of his characters would want to force serena to submit to him and go back to monowhite.

Yep, although he wasn't quite as creepy about it.

Is that a flake?

You think rulers didn't think and behave this way in ancient times? Stop being such a sperglord.

>stop being such a sperglord
oh my, are you one to talk!

I guess, to you, every character must be a sjw. Go back to /pol/, sperg.

>muh sjw boogeyman
no, but characters shouldn't be as blatantly creepy as basically all of yours are, vronak

> basically all of yours are
Now you're just trying to troll. And doing a poor job at it. I make different characters with different personalities. So, tell me how all of my flakes are creepy, user.

Vronak
Vontrask
Emir
Sephren
Lord Æon
Íreth
Miyja
Zulkaz
Andromeda
Raioh
Graveborn
Tristram