Humans as a legendary race?

Has anyone made a setting where humans are a rare race of badasses and the fantasy races are extremely common?

Humans are as tall and agile as elves, but with dwarven toughness and strength.
As intelligent as gnomes.
As charismatic and stealthy as halflings.

The Chronicles of Narnia, pretty much.

The old Shining Force games for the Genesis?

My bad, I mean like an rpg setting or one someones come up with

I never liked chronicles of narnia because i never understood why those kids were so special, like they had no powers or anything

Humanity, fuck yeah in fantasy?

Oh shit, I never thought of it before but there is little amount of humans in that game.
>Also, pretty good taste, user.

>We call them the Those Who Came Before
>During their Era, there was no gods, no races of Men, no magic
>They conquered the world and the stars above with not magic, but with knowledge and through generations of pursuing it.
>Eventually, they began to explore the fabric of reality
>They created the elves to serve them, the beastmen as their labor, the dwarves as their miners, and the orcs as their military might.
>In their hubris, they thought themselves as gods and tried to twist reality to suit their needs.
>They failed and the backlash killed most of them.
>The survivors sealed themselves off in the ensuing chaos while their servants rampaged and killed their masters.
>And thus the Era of Magic begins.

No, nobody has ever had this idea before. Nobody in the history of humanity has ever had this super special awesome idea that you and only you have just had.
Nobody has ever written a book, made an RPG or animation about this idea, ever.

Congratulations, for you have had a totally original idea!

HFY is always so dumb and cringe-inducing.

Case in point.

They were the disciples of our Lord and Saviour, Lion Christ

I would like to see some First Contact stuff between humans and the fantasy races. I think that could be quite enjoyable to read and write.

Imagine you are part of a race that prides itself on one aspect of life, that you are unrivaled in pursuit and execution of this one arena with your close allies being the masters of another aspect, one utterly unknowable to you and vice-versa and a third again who leads the way in another distinct field.

Now imagine First Contact with the race of Man, as able to be as barbarian as the Orcs to the North and with the ability to be as compassionate as the most loving halfling, wrapped in plate and steel every bit as good as Dwarven with a mace large enough scarcely a dwarf could wield it right, and a kinship with magic so deep it would make the elves fearful of where it will lead?

>Pic sort of related

Then don't read it, it is really very easy to do.

In my setting humans are the equivalent of the fair folk. Seldom seen, possessing strange power, and occasionally disrupting the balance of the nonhuman kingdoms. Supposedly they were created when the god of madness fractured himself into thousands of pieces, each one gaining sentience as a human.

Just finished Shining Force 2 and realized the only playable human in the whole game is the protagonist

Considering the remake in the GBA It kind of makes sense since humans genetically developed the other fantasy races to fight and work. It makes perfect sense that they are more suited to fight by your side

Also May is best girl

What about a setting where humans have immunity to something that is lethal to other races?

IIRC humans are actually pretty durable among animals. Ancient humans could just stalk prey until they eventually got tired and died, which is actually kind of terrifying if you imagine being on the receiving end of it. Also humans have a fairly long lifespan compared to most animals, so it has always seemed odd that humans usually have the shortest lifespan in fantasy. Basically, we don't use brute force or outspeed other animals, we outlast other animals. Would be cool to see implemented into a fantasy setting.

Undertale. Kind of.

Damn i must be a genius

If you haven't, Shining in the Darkness is my favorite Genesis game period, as is the original game of the series.
It's a dungeon crawler, and its 100% different, but its still fantastic. I recommend graph papering maps.

and is*

Yeah. It's called real life

Had a space setting where all of the races are the descendants of bioroids created to clean up the mess humans made of the solar system before they fucked off to the stars. Humans are worshiped as "The Progenitors" and thier works are seen as being divine in nature. In the incredibly unlikely event if a human showing up, speaking in Humanity's version of Common acts as basically a system override for any of the bioroids races' free will. A human can literally come in, tell a bioroid to kill itself or tell them everything they know, and they will do it without hesitation.

>Humans as the race who flew to close to the sun
>HFY

What's it like living with Down syndrome?

>Humans were the jack of all trades and master of all
>They ascended/died off leaving successor races to spawn
>Thus their traits: Strength, Intelligence, Willpower etc filtered through
Elves got speed ang longevity
Orcs got strength
Humans got ingeunity etcetc

I had a space-age setting where the humans were the crazy warrior race, like orcs, because in a post-scarcity society people grew lazy like elves and devoted their lives to being beautiful and perfect in every way, choosing what children would eventually succeed them once they got bored of life and sending the ones with a rebellious or psychopathic streak off into space as colonists before the 'dignified' colony ships went out.
Basically people discovered mystic portals powered by pyschic power and started to explore the galaxy through them.
When they met up with the other races, which included small, psychic lizard-people whose formerly immortal hivemind leader ascended to a higher plane of existence and created the portals to connect the galaxy.
Whatever humans aren't pretentious nobles or regular everydudes are steroid-pumped, psychopathic, drug-addled berzerker hillbillies who do whatever they can get away with, as long as they can get away with it, whenever they can get away with it.

Should just be 'They' instead of 'When they', I need a drink.

So, what? Bionicle G1?

But humans don't exist in Bionicle.

One of them turned into a dragon for like half a chapter.

We never get to see what they looked like prior to discovering protodermis and becoming posthuman superbeings, but the Great Beings were functionally humans in description and behavior. Greg Farshtey refuses to say one way or the other on whether or not they were which, given how much he regrets revealing Teridax's name, is pretty damning to them being humans.

Nah, doesn't really interest me too much.

I've run a DnD game like that

It makes sense in 5e with the alternate human rules, considering how superior it makes humans compared to the other races

fuck you are old

You mean like alpha males and deluded betas?
Just like real life?

>Humanity basically went extinct due to their own hubris
>HFY
????