Warhammer 40k General

Bringing concise links back - edition

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

> Space 0Din's glorious work
dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex - Orks 7th Edition Update [Space Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Gue'vesa#The_Gue.27vesa_in_crunch
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Astral_Knights
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Let's start this thread off with some bingo! Today's free tile is TAU HATE, and ALL TAU RELATED TILES

This thread and the Gue'La within are now part of the fight for the Greater Good

man im going to get cancer if i keep reading through these generals...

Hi my names Trevor and I play Orks

Never ever, xeno faggot

Here is a 1500 list for CSM for casual play, CnC would be nice.

CAD
HQ
Chaos lord -232 pts
Terminator armor
the black mace
chainfist
mark of nurgle
Volw
Gift of muta
sigil of corruption

Dark apostle 160
mark of slaanesh
buring brand of skalanthrax
gift of mutation

Troops

CSM squad -435
champ +19 marines
2x flamer
mark of slaanesh
icon of excess
taking extra CCW
Rhino with havoc launcher

Plague marines -168
champ +6 marines

FA

1 It shall not be named- 30pts

HS

1 Forgefiend-175 pts

Formation
1 mayhem pack -300
3 hellbrutes

Let none deny our inevitable conquest

Suggestions on what to put on my carnifexes?

keep them like that. they look like Kog'Maw.
Kog'Maw is a adorable
don't you want adorable carnifexes?

In all seriousness the tech-daemons would be more dangerous than Tau, and would get the AdMech rightfully triggered.

Magnets.

Magnetize them, that way you can switch out the differet options.

Yeah right. I'm not fapping to your over compensation suits, and will assume victory the second a Tau dies. Why?
>mfw

what about tau daemon borg?

Lion Dance Kog'Maw AP mid only

Give me your literal harshest criticism of the glorious empire. We are the bringers of the new age, the rising light of the galaxy. Our conquest is inevitable, and soon the galaxy will be one under the benevolent ethereals.

looks like a solid loat. you should worry about moving that slow terminator lord up the board. who are you fighting?

Speaking of Tau shitposting, what's with the whole "Tau are more advanced than human Golden Age tech" meme? They aren't (generally) much/any better now, so what's the big deal?

see
Or was that the best you had, Gue'La?

>Give me your literal harshest criticism of the glorious empire
A stormsurge can be instakilled by a rhino. Nothing else matters when your massive walkers are so pathetic.

Who the fuck has claimed that? That's litteraly retarded, and flat out wrong.

> MFW I'm in a multi-man kill-teams game
> MFW I totally fucking ignore 4 people who are huge threats to me, purely to spite the chaos and tau players
> MFW the other players start ignoring my kill team, and just focus on each other and the tau

Your prophet was secretly a psyker and didn't tell anyone. He died to a cullexus eating his soul, who shouldn't have been able to fuck up his command center in the first place, but for your stupid prophet feeding warp charges to the null.

speaking of magnetising how is the new liquid greenstuff

It's insufferably bad, and isn't even useful for its own intended purpose. The only thing you can realistically use LG for is to give the impression of a slimy or grimy model by using a thin coat of it on large surfaces.

oh damn now i gotta ship some in

Nice shitpost Satan

Sounds like something you'd need Ordo Malleus and Ordo Xenos for. Either way the AdMech will start up a lynch mob over that.
Too reliant on technology. That stuff will overwhelm you. And Imma being shockingly nice.
You're a good man.

>Tau advanced tech

Were you not here like 3-4 generals ago? A couple of anons (or one very determined retard, you never know) kept going on about how good they are.

And beyond that, I've seen quite a few other sites filled with similar shit about how advanced the Tau are. I guess it's good that idea's not as common as I thought

What the fuck. This community is retarded. Tau empire and farsight enclaves with their formations are the most broken shit ever, recent tournament finishes prove it. And you fucking should be winning when you're getting stupidly retarded rules, formations or more points advantage in dirty cheap undercosted stuff. Even if they weren't there's zero power difference, they're on exactly even footing with Eldar, Space marines and daemons at WORST.

Playing Tau offers ridiculous shooting hijinks, retarded super relic lists that basically break rules and game breaking formations that border on unsportsmanlike. But who does Veeky Forums whine and bitch about? The Eldar. The Space marines. What the fuck.

- Long time 40k player, one of my first visits to Veeky Forums.

Locally its 1Grey knights, 2orks, 2tau, 3dark angels few other things

Fought grey knights guy brought 2 dreadknights and drago vs another list of mine. got spanked (nugrle marines and vindcator, no LOW(didn't realized drago was one) mayhem said no to coming in

There are no "psykers" among our ranks. The dark gods and occult rituals of the barbarians are nothing but the tricks of backwater illusionists and crazed Gue'la. We have even defeated the mighty Slaanesh.

Alright, shitposts aside, I think that while Tau are NOT more advanced, they have a smaller empire to manage, focus more on elite units and have more managed infrastructure iirc, meaning it's more evenly distributed. Basically, Imp have more tech hidden away in STCs and shit but its impractical for line infantry, while Tau are more willling to actually use it on a (relativiely) large scale.

You know what's one thing people forget? Tau are flesh and blood, and are vulnerable to toxins. A tech priest can survive in an environment where the planet decided to be edgy and pump out flesh eating rain because the tech priest won't have much flesh left on him. A Fire warrior isn't more machine than man. What good is a Riptide if the pilots die from air that hates anything biological.

>Playing 2v3 apoc game
>nid player brings a harridan
>we're playing with mysterious objectives
>I have my tech priest and his Kataphron destroyer bodyguards sitting on one with a sky fire nexus
>fire at the nid players harridan and deal 4 wounds to it
>on his turn he flys it over to the sky fire nexus
>know my Grav units are about to die
>he fires at the tank with a single lascannon that was also sitting on it
>mfw

so what youre saying is that we need COMBINED ADMECH CODEX

But the nice blueberry man told me that we would conquer the galaxy and gave me a pretty orange flashlight.

or just wait for Forge World to port over all the 30k stuff so the Mechanicus gets a transport and actual tanks again.

Can we stop with the cosby reaction images already? He's staring into my soul.

Yes. Flesh is weak, but out of all the flesh in the galaxy Tau is the weakest. It's time to punish them for their sins. AdMech and Skitarii united! Lynch the Tau!
He doesn't know what he is talking about. He's being lied to by his version of the High Lords.
Now that you mention it, he's staring into mine.

Which is better?

Venom w/Cannon
Trueborn x5 w/3 Cannons

Raider w/Lance and Shadowfield
Warriors x5 w/Blaster
Archon w/Blaster and WWP

Or

Venom w/Canon
Warriors x5 w/Blaster

Raider w/Lance and Shadowfield
Trueborn x5 w/Blaster x2
Archon w/Blaster and WWP

The latter would also be part of Purge Coterie if it matters on top of being slightly cheaper.

new admech codex has to come first if you think about it, cause then the forge world book is an extension of the codex itself

fugging stob

are you one of the bishes he 'raped'?

but we have the best teknlogee. yesterday i saw relly big ship with blue men in it. its much bigger than a spayce mahreen, i don't think the golden man can win when we have the bigger bloo lights

Cyraxus is coming in December. The 40k release schedule out to next year is already known - it's chaos all the way down. There won't be a combined codex for a while yet.

things change
also whats the source on the release schedule? knowing gw even thats not set in stone completely

Last I read, everyone was getting hyped over Daemon Magnus and 1kSons. Seems to be an echo chamber regarding that at least - a lot of peeps are saying that's next.

Are there any human-like xenos besides the eldar?

Should I just call my pointy-eared amazon deathcult assassin counts-as an abhuman instead?

how do ya'll play gue'vesa? What's most commonly accepted?

none
moar suits

I'm on the lookout for old metal assault terminators for my OOP theme Blood Angels army. Can anyone hook me up? I have four metal terminator bodies but no arms to go with them.

Could even trade for a newer plastic assault terminator squad. Located in New Zealand.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Gue'vesa#The_Gue.27vesa_in_crunch

I love Thousand Sons, but in don't have it in me or my wallet to start CSM.

That's great and all, but the closest thing to an official acknowledgement is a dead 2008 GW website post.

does that tie into the chaos supplement and plastic kharn coming out in september? if not then that only theoretically two months of stuff so you could fit a month or less of admech somewhere but w/e well see

There were two valid examples otherwise from the abandoned supplement but I guess I'll spell it out for you.

Do you want guardsmen with pulse weapons? Use counts-as Fire Warriors.

Do you want guardsmen with lasguns? Use allies rules.

We need pics before coming to a decision.

Since when is Taros Campaign not valid? Its latest edition is current in 7th edition and allows guevesa troops.

Why aren't tactical marines armed with jump packs?

Jump infantry seems to me to be a really good idea. You can go anywhere, jump out of aircraft, reposition squads quickly, etc. Why not give your bolter guys some jump packs? And if not them, why not give Sternguard the same option?

I get that as of M41 the space marines are all dumbasses, but you'd think Sanguinius or Corax would have said "Hey why don't we just give everyone a jump pack?" back when they started.

but assault marines a shit

Maybe they don't have infinite jump packs?

Assault Marines are fine as long as you're not expecting them to murder things in close combat.

Kitting them out with a bunch of meltas so they can arrive and kill an enemy tank is what they're best at, at this point.

So what I'm proposing is that an enterprising chapter just say "Hey let's give those guys bolters so they can jump in and hose the enemy"

BUILD MORE

death company can take bolters and jumppacks but only retards do that

Well you give the guys with power fists bolters, because they're relentless and can shoot and then charge.

They do look cool with just bolters and jump packs though.

What's the most badass Chapter in your opinion, 40kg?

They're ghetto, rusty, and stinky.

Blood Angels because they are the noblest and tastiest

I feel like I'm obligated to say Raptors, because I play raptors. But they're a whole chapter of skilled Marksmen, who can do shit like exploit miniscule weaknesses in the side armour of leman russ tanks to break into it... WITH BOLTERS.

Or kill stormsurges and riptides with just common bolters and good aim. Heck, even wraithknights and bio-titans.

It's like a whole chapter of Solid Snake, out on a galaxy wide quest to kill 40k's equivalent of METAL GEARS.

Astral Knights. Hands down.

i'm glad you agree
do they all look like that? with the doom guy visor? that's pretty fucking cool
what're those?

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Astral_Knights

My favorite Chapter is Raven Guard

I didn't want helmetless scouts, partly because I can't stand painting albino faces(Raven Guard Successors), but also because going helmetless is PRECISELY how a chapter loses initiates to snipers.

But yes, pretty much all of my scouts have these helmets. They're from Pig-iron productions, and painted using the soulstone blue gemstone paints.

While I love the whole gruelling, muddy, grinding assault thing death guard did, got to say that bikers with auto pistols and plasma all over the place is way more badass even if the rules are mad gay.

my homebrew chapter(s) :^]

Celesial Lions

should I switch my Archon for a Lhamaean as my hq to free up some points?

How's the rest of your list look?

Goffs

Facing Orks. So I'm brining the old walkers and Bondage girls for a spin.

+++ Penitents & Repentias(1499pts) +++

++ Adepta Sororitas: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1499pts) ++

+ No Force Org Slot (56pts) +

Ministorum Priest (56pts) [Bolt Pistol, Power Maul, The Litanies of Faith]

+ HQ (120pts) +

Canoness (120pts) [Bolt Pistol, Power Axe, Rosarius, The Mantle of Ophelia]

+ Elites (163pts) +

Repentia Squad (163pts) [Mistress of Repentance, 6x Sister Repentia]
··Sororitas Rhino [Dozer Blade, Storm Bolter]

+ Troops (300pts) +

Battle Sister Squad (150pts) [2x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Flamer, Battle Sister with Heavy Flamer, Repressor [FW]]
··Sister Superior [Bolt Pistol, Boltgun]

Battle Sister Squad (150pts) [2x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Flamer, Battle Sister with Heavy Flamer, Repressor [FW]]
··Sister Superior [Bolt Pistol, Boltgun]

+ Fast Attack (380pts) +

Dominion Squad (190pts) [4x Dominion with Meltagun]
··Dominion Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Melta]
··Immolator [Dozer Blade, Laud Hailer, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]

Dominion Squad (190pts) [4x Dominion with Meltagun]
··Dominion Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Melta]
··Immolator [Dozer Blade, Laud Hailer, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]

+ Heavy Support (480pts) +

Penitent Engine Squadron (160pts) [Penitent Engine, Penitent Engine]

I'm working towards a small 1000p list for my playgroup and want to take razorwing jetfighter, voidraven bomber, kabalites in a raider, 6 reavers, scourges and maybe some razorwing flocks

that IS badass

She isn't built yet. I have yet to settle on an outfit.

I just wish GW didn't ruin their scale when they made plastic guardsmen. Makes it harder to show a lady is 7 feet tall when a guardsmen model stands next to a marine. Using a Kingdom Death model would be just overkill.

Unleashing a C'tan Shard on the galaxy is badass?!

You could always use plasticard and greenstuff to give a model leg+arm+torso extensions. Its how truescale space marines are made.

How much AA do your friends bring?

So you bring 11 flamers and forgeworld tanks to play against Orks?

boi u think ur real clever huh

I guess not that much

Making the model won't be of much issue, it's just a general frustration of making her tall without dwarfing marines. I may just do eldar-scale, since they're all amazonian in their own right. I suppose pose and posture are also important in this. I'll just have to make any deathwatch I field to have powersquat removed, I guess.

talos chrons heamunculus would be better than all the flying stuff but I'm not that into these models and want my army to look nice xD

Can Orks catch Nurgle's Rot?

Anywhere to find the Codex: Chaos Daemons - Daemonic Incursion Edition?

The Repressor is just a slightly better rhino, and the only toy forgeworld ever really gave them. It's hardly comparable to some of the busted stuff they give marine players access to.

And template weapons are standard fare against swarm armies, and not without their risks.

So has the Deathwatch Codex been uploaded? It's not in the mega yet.

>Front armor 13 with 8 firing points and a heavy flamer on top
>Orks