Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

How filthy are xeno scum in your games? Did you ever get around to genociding the damn treehuggers and other major offenders?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq (embed) (embed)

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Horror Adventures: imgur.com/a/r2TOH
imgur.com/a/odYOE

New leak from DSP: Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors: docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/14xiRRju0zPb62Q2Q3Jqpqr8tosELq8I5kJcFm5YilLo/edit?usp=sharing
d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/goods-and-services/herbs-oils-other-substances#TOC-Weapon-Blanch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Normal relationships edition

I can show math, if you want.
>BAB+9
>STR +6 18, with items
>+2 Greatsword
>+2 morale bonus to str while raging rage domain
>+4 bane bonus upgrades from +2 at 12th
>+3 Sacred bonus from justice
>+5 Luck Bonus with Divine power +1 included +from fates favored
>+3 inspiration from bardic performance (I suppose including our bard in it isn't quite fair, though)
Sure, I only get 2 hits with this at 12th (3, if you include tiefling maw or claw bite attack which gets like half those buffs) but I really like it. I think on average at 10th, each my hits do an average of 40 damage? don't quote me on that, though.
So my attacks start at round 2 and I do (if I do divine power in the first) and do 34/26/GS 28(?)Bite every round after that.

Point out if I miscalculated somewhere, I'm fairly confident I didn't/nothing stacks, but one can never be too sure.

It's honestly easily achievable, with 1-3 less if you don't have fates favored or furious focus, which are really the only feats/traits that affect my to hit outside basic easily achievable inquisitor stuff.

oh, and this is so if I forgo divine favor/bard buffs and start moving/attacking first round instead of the second, and be proactive I get
26/26 GS with a Cleave
and 26/18 GS 19 bite every round I can unleash a full attack.
my bad, -1 from the quoted post Bite attack, forgot to completely remove Justice/Bane, am still thinking justice is +2 instead of +3

I'll just start posting some character art

Post some THF elven girls instead.
With the two-handest swords you can find.

>absolute territory
What a slut.

Don't tell me how to live my life.

What if I say please?

>THF

Elves don't play that noise. Elves like one-handers. Some of that TWF stuff.

Anybody got any heterochromatic gals to use as Changelings?

elves two-hand elven curve blade to be quite honest family

whenever I play an elf I go str and two hand the shit out of their scimitar ++s.

Got any masked characters, or anything in very heavy armor?

Any roguish elves, then?

So I will need a new character for a Kingmaker session in the near future. (every other player already died once or twice, I'm pretty sure the GM will be targeting me soon)

- Level 8 (might be 9 by the time I die)
- 20pt buy
- Preferably Core race (but there is already an Aasimar in the party, so I guess this rule isn't so strict)
- No traits
- Paizo Content only

My current character is a Sorcerer. The party lack full arcane caster and skill monkey, is Arcane Trickster a good idea?

Wizard

How do I cypher text in Pathfinder without being a fucking spellcaster?

Linguistics

There are no rules for that.

if i wanted to be the best archer around what class/build am i looking for? no 3pp

www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/goods-and-services/books-paper-writing-supplies#TOC-Book

Look at the cipher book in this section.

Don't you use Bluff to pass a secret message?
Linguistic is use to decipher the message.

Bluff is for conveying messages yourself. Like say, using odd words out of place in a way that someone else can potentially pick. And things like that you use Sense Motive to receive.

Actual cyphers are codes, and you'd use linguistics for that, both writing and reading.

If anyone has any art of dark skinned female monks, that'd be awesome. #characterideas

Guess who's starting a playtest for Psionics Augmented: Psicrystals? We are!

docs.google.com/document/d/14xiRRju0zPb62Q2Q3Jqpqr8tosELq8I5kJcFm5YilLo/edit?usp=sharing

Please forgive all the underlined words, Google Docs did something weird to us.

Your feedback is, of course, always welcome and appreciated.

If you were, say, a Soulknife, can you access these?

>Superior Cortex Strike (Psionic)
>Now not even constructs or undead can withstand your gruesome attacks, allowing you to deal swift death to all enemies.
>Prerequisites: Psicrystal Affinity, Psionic Weapon, Psychic Attack, Greater Psychic Attack, sneak attack +4d6, must possess a psicrystal weapon

Shouldn't it be Psionic Weapon, Greater Psionic, Weapon instead of Psychic Attack, Greater Psychic Attack, in the prerequisites?

The Psicrystal weapon doesn't 'possess' a weapon of sorts, it takes the form of one, so 'If the weapon was already made out of deep crystal, it deals an additional +1d6 damage when its owner achieves 9th level.' never applies.

>Material Mastery (Su): If the owner is 15th level or higher, he can change how his psicrystal weapon behaves in relation to damage reduction. As a free action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity, the owner can spend 2 power points to change his psicrystal weapon. Choose Adamantine, Silver or Cold Iron, the weapon will penetrate damage reduction as if it was made out of this material for 1 minute.
Useless in a lot of cases-It would be very darnedly rare for a 15th-level martial character to not already have his weapon at +4 or +5, either of which already pierce any of the aforementioned DRs.

The ability would be really helpful if you got it at a much lower level, though.

Yes but at latest at 7th level because +3 weapons (which pierce cold iron and silver) start coming up at 9th.

>wanted to make an Alchemist who's "son" is actually a Homunculus because she isn't able to have any children of her own
>Promethean Alchemist is fucking shit

>promethean alchemist is fucking shit

Is this a meme?

>A psicrystal weapon is a fragment of a psionic character’s personality, brought into physical form and a semblance of life. A psicrystal weapon can either grow into any kind of melee weapon, albeit of a crystalline nature, or be bonded to an existing weapon, covering it with crystals.

Looks like it can cover an existing weapon, senpai.

Now, that said, I'm kinda just... failing to see what the actual benefit of taking it is?

It... gets to be Deep Crystal at level 9? Is this in addition to whatever material the base weapon is? Why does it come on this late?

Does it get to deliver Touch Powers through melee attacks as a sword, or does it need to make it's own attacks?

Material Mastery, as mentioned, is basically useless. Bypassing DR as X is easy as hell, given that just basic enchancement bonuses already do that natively.

>Retain Charge
Come on, man. It's fucking Cleave. Nobody uses it. Delete this and make an actual feat.

>Cortex Strike line
Alright, so for the price of Psicrystal Affinity, Superior Psicrystal, Psionic Weapon, and Cortext Strike, plus multiclassing as a psionic class as a rogue, you can expend Psionic Focus to deal your Sneak Attack damage on any attack. Buuut it doesn't actually say it applies even if they aren't flat-footed, unlike the Greater one, so tack on another feat. So, for the cost of FIVE feats at level 5, and having NONE of the feats that a class actually requires like Power Attack, Deadly Aim, or ANYTHING else, you can get Sneak Attack damage off on people, +2d6 too.

What the fuck, man. I want to like it because hey good things for sneak attack, but you're five feats fucking deep into a chain and you're barely getting a goddamn thing out of it. It is, literally, half your feats.

It's true though, Promethean is shit. Doubling your action economy means very little when there's nothing worth doubling.

How is it not? It's better to take literally anything else.

Is it possible to port over the 4e classes to pathfinder? Just a yes or no, with reasons involved.

Yes, although you'd need to do rebalancing of the daily/encounter/at will power usages and damage values

>6th level spellcaster
>comes cohort
>fucking shit

nah

Metamorph is at least more usable as a straight martial. Promethean is a 6th level caster with the best/worst casting ability in the game that traded out almost every class feature for a terrible cohort.

Promethean Preservationist is good in spite of the Promethean part, not because of it.

>A terrible cohort

I mean, they can't /do/ much, but that cohort is still a construct with flight and a telepathic link at 1st level. They'd be way better if you had ways to upgrade them that most GMs would allow. Would fucking kill for some Promethean Alchemist-unique discoveries fir the homunculus.

Where the hell is the "Superior Psicrstal" Feat?

C L U T T E R

Does it have to be both? Most of my masketta men (and women) wear light or no armor.

>People talking about my favorite shitty-but-flavorful archetype
>mfw will need to fuck off for most of the day and can't mess with it
>mfw I homebrewed a few things to try to make it suck less, but still have no idea whether it succeeded or not

You guys are killin' me here. I guess so I can check when I get back: what would it take to make Pomethean be able to stand on its own?

Meh.

Any other Psionic stuff coming out?

On a scale of 1 to 10, how original or even good is my character's backstory hook being the victim of some magical leprosy that requires constant, expensive inoculations or even unconventional treatment (aka, experience points keep him alive.)

>Got any masked characters, or anything in very heavy armor?

Oh shit, you're asking for masked characters or very heavy armor? I've got entire folders of that stuff.

How about noble-looking elves?

Seems like a relatively good reason to get out on the road and having adventures. Pretty original IMO, I've never seen it as a motivation.

>wanted to make an Alchemist who's "son" is actually a Homunculus because she isn't able to have any children of her own

>Sterile woman goes on quest to have something resembling a family with her alchemical children

She's one grateful deity away from getting her womb working again, you know. Not only that, but she'll be pumping out Aasimar with that babymaker.

>How about noble-looking elves?

Look up "Warhammer Fantasy High Elves."

Ok, lets take a look at this.

>Alternate Psycrystals

>Crystal Creature
Ok, so you trade out the crystal's mobility to jam it in another creature's head. Interesting fluff, but it doesn't seem powerful enough to be worth the feat. I'd just drop the 5-9 lists and just have this be an option right from the start, rather than being 'superior'.

>Implanted
Alright, I guess, but I feel it should be giving more in return for the loss of a fully-independent scout. Perhaps you could eject the crystal as a full-round, but it never gets the flight it would have had?

> Empowered
x/day abilities all over with a scaling that will tank the saves. Stop doing this.

> Cognizance
Doesn't feel like enough. Either drop the feat and make it a psicrystal archetype that trades out the skill or scouting or give it something else to make it worth it.

>Psycrystal Weapon
Pointless in it's current form for reasons that have been pointed out, especially when the Psicrystal Setting property is a thing.

>Attuned
Enough with the x/day abilities already! You already gave some of them constant abilities, so give them to all variants.

I'll write about the feats later, but so far this playtest is sorely in need of work.

They look like Polish Schlahta. Do not want.

Some kind of fancy titty monster elf.

This one's actually a Glabrezu in disguise IRC.

Oh shit son, forgot about these fancy looking Witch Hunters.

>Elves are known to be lithe and graceful
>Slap D-cups on them

But why?

Why not. Graceful doesn't mean flat.

If anything their gracefulness is shown by how effortlessly they scoot around with those hams.

But the "lithe and slender" bit does, or at least makes it sound like big boobs on an Elf would pass as an average bust to Humans.

Who knows, maybe they're Half-Elves.

I'm making an archer character, and have a question - what kind of arrows should I get to maximize versatility?

Aside from regular arrows, I already got:
- Blunt arrows (for blunt damage type, maybe non-lethal damage from time to time)
- Cold Iron arrows (DR)
- (Alchemical) Silver arrows, small amount (DR)

Adamantine arrows are too costly, so I'll ignore them for now. What other good arrows I should add?

Durable Adamantine Arrow.

Nice! Thanks

Like Elric of Melnibone kinda

d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/goods-and-services/herbs-oils-other-substances#TOC-Weapon-Blanch
Use this things. It's cheaper and you can combine them with other damage types (adamantine blanch on cold iton arrows).
Oh, and silver won't give -1 damage to your piercing arrows.

Also - grappling hook arrow

>mfw that pic
>mfw the artist doesn't actually do smut
>mfw someone genuinely drew a chesty, attractive Elf just because it felt like a good thing to do

Because the one consistent thing about elves, since Tolkien, is that they are wish fulfillment.

Sometimes that means "athletic and graceful, moreso than any human." Sometimes it means more studious and wise than humans, or more beautiful, or more in touch with nature, or more into BDSM. Sometimes it means thin, sometimes it means big tits.

The details are unimportant. Elves are "humans, but better;" what that means depends on what the artist, writer, or player is into.

Silver blanch on Cold Iron is cheap and highly efficient. Is that a demon? Is it a devil? You're not smart, but now you don't need to know.

Arcane Caster and Skill Monkey?
Screams Bard to me.

Adamantine and plenty of potions/oil of Versatile Weapon, Align Weapon, and Magic Weapon.
Should cover all your over come DR needs. (I think)

Ragebred Barbarian I did for a new campaign

That bristle beard must not feel pleasant.

Thanks!

The archer warpriest spends 100% of his feats on the bow.

The falchion warpriest has about six feats left over, and in fact tends to do more damage, but it has nopounce problems.

Are there any ways that I can mitigate the nopounce problems?

haha yeah sorry I suck at names

What are the best kitsune you've played/seen played?

I wasn't talking about the name, the name's fine.

I'm saying he's a wereboar, which means stiff beard.

My old character's wife was a Kitsune and generally played to a T; mercurial, loving, extremely magical and dangerously ambitious.

Oh. Whoops I was confused because his name is am altered version of GullinBursti which means Golden Bristles so I.... I over thought it

My favorite was my own. Sorcerer with the Fae bloodline. Make people do your bidding. Dogo, Sorcerer Supreme.

>Doctor Strange is now an Akita

My DM hated me