Connected to CalfreeNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:

>German Trog Concert Gone Wrong.trid
>Neo-NAN Chants.mp4
>Trucks, Trains, and Metaplanes: Getting around the Sixth World.exe
>Paracritters in Less Travelled Places: How To Find Breakfast, Not Be It.zdf

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 1642 (77% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Get out the good SIN, we're going tropical'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Seasickness Aversion.btl

>Watch your back
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Untraditional Locations Edition: Where in the world have you gone, or wanted to go, chummers?

Other urls found in this thread:

shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Metropole
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17469748/DroneLimbs.7z
shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/42995/technomancers-in-5th-edition
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Untraditional Locations Edition: Where in the world have you gone, or wanted to go, chummers?
Miami, Moskva, and Atlantic City all seem like they'd be cool places to run. I'd add Vancouver to that, but it's NAN, so that sort of ruins everything.

I found this thing on pintrest I figured it looked like something a runner might actually wear.

what movies, games, or other visual media do you go to for ideas regarding the look and feel of cyberpunk?

São Paulo.

I'd love to know what favelas look like in SR.

Well, Tir Tairngire is boring now, and Tir Na Nog seems to be going the same way. Less 'magic with facist oppression through minimal tech'. Bitch to run in, but whatever.

So if we can't get a heads up on the dragon tombs on the moon, I wouldn't mind getting a heads up on some new 'colony' cities based in the arse end of the world, or an update on the Australian fortress cities.

Only thing that comes to mind is the favela missions in Modern Warfare 2, which means swarms of angry assault rifle-toting BRs zerg rushing you from every angle imaginable, even (especially) from ones you thought you cleared.

what movies, games, or other visual media do you go to for ideas regarding the look and feel of cyberpunk?

From off the top of my head...
>Movies:
- The Matrix
- Ghost in the Shell
- John Wick
- Blade Runner
- Akira

>Games:
- Shadowrun Returns series
- VA-11 Hall-A
- Payday 2 (It's not EXACTLY Cyberpunk, but this is Shadowrun General. It's about a bunch of mercs with no faces, no names, and a shitload of guns.)
- Cyberpunk 2020 (It's a game. A Tabletop Roleplaying Game, but still)
- Deus Ex series

>Visual Media:
- Black Lagoon (Bu-but that's not muh Cyberpunk)
>It's as Shadowrun as it fucking gets, faggot. Now read my goddamn animu.

>Where in the world have you gone, or wanted to go, chummers?

Several metaplanes, LA, The Philippines/The South-East Asian Superarchipeligo...

Y'know, fun places.

you ever try the TV series called Leverage?

not cyberpunk, but it has the dynamics of a full runner team. albeit one that isn't as violent as most players would prefer

Adding to this.

>movies
Strange Days
Johnny Mnemonic
Babylon A.D.
Repo Men
Blade Runner
Children of Men
Eastern Promises
The Way of the Gun
The Town
Heat
Ronin

>games
Both the Kane & Lynch games
Max Payne
Syndicate/ Syndicate Plus

I mean, it's pretentious/overhyped indie garbage, but Quadrilateral Cowboy has a very Shadowrun vibe to me.

Adding as well

>Games
FEAR
Cyberworld (Tabletop game)
Cyberspace (Another tabletop game)

>Literature
Neuromancer Trilogy (Duh)
Hardwired
When Gravity Fails
Mirrorshades Anthology

>Movies
Fletch (How to play the perfect face)
Hackers

>Untraditional Locations Edition: Where in the world have you gone, or wanted to go, chummers?
Neo-Tokyo (I requested it from the GM; after a big setup, they decided to then give the group a western AF Johnson who sent them to Seattle)
Lagos (it's Black Lagoon, chummerfraggers)

>Motion sensor trigger cannot be hacked
Motion sensors aren't perfect; they just force you to move very slowly and carefully. A good ultrasonic noise generator will help fool it into not seeing movement.

You're mixing up sensors meant to detect intruders and explosive triggers, omae.

Weren't most people in São Paulo forced to Metropole when Amazonia was founded?

Anyone ever do a run in Metropole? 200,000,000 people in one huge dilapidated city?

no, he's right... at least about the moving slowly part. not sure about the ultasound though.

generally IRL a sensor cannot be hacked, however the system it's connected to might be hackable, BUT if there is no way to remote access the system attached to the sensor then its as good as unhackable.

so unless the bomb has a remote-control, you aren't gonna hack that, so move very slowly chummer.

a hacker cant hack a tripwire, or a tumbler lock. there's no way for them to access it.

Jesus!

Core pg.182, Motion Sensor under Projectile Triggers. Nobody gives a fucking shit how slow or fast you (or your target) is moving; it's the grenade's variation in speed/direction as it hits something that sets it off. That trigger mode is unhackable, unlike the wirelesslink/wireless link + airburst.

And then, you have Motion Sensors under Sensors and Scanners pg. 361 where it actually matters how fast/slow you move.

Worst day jobs for a shadowrunner to have.

Cop. Wait actually...

Basically anything worthy of the Fame (Global) quality. Having a real identity known world-wide isn't exactly the greatest thing in the shadows.

Bunraku doll.

What happens to augmentations (specifically high-grade bioware) when a character SURGE's? Does it fall out or does it fuse with their body or something like that?

You're right; somehow I got confused with demolitions explosives and anti-tamper stuff.
I wish Shadowrun would use some different names for things.

Depends where you're running. and how good you are at remaining anonymous.

RAW, nothing changes, high grade or not. SURGE in-game ruins characters in other ways.

You only lose rating points / unrated bioware when you catch HMHVV, because lol-fuck-Infected-PCs, eh Goodman?

I _think_ bioware gets dissolved inside the body. Even if not, I'm pretty sure all 'ware is rendered useless when you SURGE as a rule of thumb.

Or not. probably knows his shit better.

Fuck infected PCs.
One of the good changes in fifth.

Fuck infected, fuck metavariants and fuck every single player/dm who enables shit like this.

Everything besides the base 5 races was a mistake.

What's the point of using Full Auto when I can just use two 3 round bursts and have a better average damage?

Everything besides ork girls was a mistake

The fuck did you say?

Assuming we're talking 5e, it's inflicting a larger defense penalty, so it's for pinning dodgy motherfuckers

Is there really ever a case where I'm going to find someone who can dodge better than I can shoot, assuming I'm a real hotshot? I'm in 4th edition, but from what I remember, dodging works the same in both editions.

Everything was a mistake

This.
I can sort-of live with metavariants, but metasapients and infected?
Fuck this shit.
Attracts special snowflakes like a Yaoi Forum does with fat girls.

Yes, especially if they are well setup for a certain kind of defensive maneuver or you're trying to shoot despite a bad situation.

The thing is that full auto is hella awesome.
the effects last till the end of the combat round, not just your turn.

Spray & pray the bad/good guys into cover and then have a team member, with an accurate and strong weapon, pick 'em of licke apples.

Or in case you have chrome/mojo or just really like your combat drugs and have 11/21/31 initiative. Lay down even more bullets and make the enemy unable to move at all. or just shoot them yourself, while they pray to the great spirit that the storm of burning lead, piss and vinegar will soon pass over.

You're talking about suppressive fire there, not full auto specifically. Full auto meaning the direct, one target one, not suppressive.

I'm well versed enough in squad tactics to know that suppressive is great.

I'm making an ex merc Ork who lugs around big guns. Looking at the weapons I should be aiming for as the campaign goes on, would I better with a FN-MAG-5 or go balls deep and pick up a Ruhrmetall when I can?

Cause that fucking HMG looks sexy as hell.

>Waaaaaait, how is this shit supposed to be costed? Do you have to use Enhanced, or just Customised?
>A drone limb may have the base drone’s starting attributes as much as doubled, no matter how many increases that is. The limb attributes may not go higher. (This means a Body 5 drone could have a strength increased from 5 to 10, ignoring the usual cap of +4 to an attribute, but may not go higher.)
>may have the limb's base starting attributes as much as doubled
Sounds like Customization to me, Yekka, with its talk of doubling base starting attributes, but it's not actually explicit.

Anyone have a pdf of the core rulebook?

>São Paulo.
>I'd love to know what favelas look like in SR.
shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Metropole

Okay, I *might* have it working. I don't have the stats visible or anything, but you can extrapolate based on the rating.
Give this a crack: dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17469748/DroneLimbs.7z
Pastebin. We don't have the new version yet, because CGL have this slightly reasonable belief that if the PDF is available before the dead tree version nobody will buy it.

if 5e because:
>A character may fire a readied firearm in Semi-Automatic,
Single-Shot, Burst-Fire, or Fully-Auto mode via
a Simple Action (see Firearms, p. 424) but may not
take any other attack actions in the same Action Phase.
>but may not take any other attack actions in the same Action Phase

>Full Auto
>two 3 round bursts
Actually, Full Auto is the way to attack twice in a turn, at least in 5e, by splitting your attack between two targets.

It's 4E, where there are no attack limits. Did 5E really remove the ONLY thing saving Semi-auto and Burst from being garbage?

See above. In 4E you can use two three round bursts in one turn, on the same target or not.

Sorry, I should have specified.

>It's 4E
Then you're totally right. Shit's super poorly balanced, and you want to maximize your number of attacks and nothing else. Bursts and semi-auto are the objectively best firing modes for exactly that reason.

>Did 5E really remove the ONLY thing saving Semi-auto and Burst from being garbage?
It made it semi-balanced, you massive whiny retard. It turned them from being 'the objectively best firing mode, period, ever' into 'the firing mode you use when you also want to take a secondary action, or conserve your ammunition.'

no it intorduced stacking recoil, so burst and semi-auto have their use in dropping recoil

This

Shit, no need to be so hostile. I ask a question and you just have to be all high and mighty king dick over here.

I really don't think that conserving ammo is on anyone's mind in a Shadowrun game, and the secondary action usually isn't that big of a deal. As it stands, if you can only attack once with it, Semi-Auto and Burst are in nearly all ways inferior to Full Auto.

Stacking between IPs?

Eh, if you're not taking the firing option that's a Complex Action for your weapon, then you can ignore recoil by aiming before your shot.

>I really don't think that conserving ammo is on anyone's mind in a Shadowrun game
Then you're a moron. 'Shoot straight' and 'conserve ammo' are literally taglines for the game.

>and the secondary action usually isn't that big of a deal
It very much is. Things like 'taking cover,' or 'reloading your gun' are actions that they can be combined with.

that's exactly what I meant...the (real) full auto is complex, hence the use of burst and semi-auto (or the short full-auto) is being simple and thus dropping recoil in between attacks

And here I though you were talking about how they have lower recoil numbers and so it's easier to reach that number in terms of RC.

>Stacking between IPs?
stacking as long as you queue attacks without other non-free actions in between. That means IPs, turns, everything...

>Then you're a moron. 'Shoot straight' and 'conserve ammo' are literally taglines for the game.
Yeah, taglines. Have you EVER fucking ran out of ammo in a Shadowrun game? No, because it's cheap and plentiful. It's not like you're in the middle of Post-Nuclear Poland and running out of supplies, you've got a Stuffer Shack setting rows upon bloody rows of 8mm caseless at the end of every street. Using taglines as an excuse is just pathetic, and seriously, why in the unholy mother of hell are you so hostile? Are you mistaking me for the guy who ran over your dog or something?

Taking cover is a free action, reloading is only done once every three full auto bursts (10 rounds, assuming roughly 30 in your average mag). That means you use full auto for 3 rounds, then reload and use a semi or something because you don't feel like going a turn without cappin' an ass. That's really not all too useful.

Damn, going back to 2E rules there. Does anyone ever find it gets a little absurd to track, or has it generally been a non-issue?

>Have you EVER fucking ran out of ammo in a Shadowrun game?
Yes, because my GM isn't some stupid faggot who lets me sneak 600 rounds of ammo into somewhere strapped to me in the form of 20 different magazines ready for reloading.

>Does anyone ever find it gets a little absurd to track, or has it generally been a non-issue?
It's a non-issue, and keeps there from being One True Best way to shoot your gun.

it's usually a non-issue as you tend to not queue many (if any) complex attacks, exactly because recoil bites you in the ass hard if you do. So essentially the rule achieves its goal of deterring you from firing full auto all the time, while keeping the workload minimal because you have to apply the rule only sparingly.

Shit, you're being more belligerent than 1930's Deutschland over here.

Is 4E your Versailles equivalent?

Makes sense. I'm guessing not many people go for full auto all the time then, considering 9x2=18 is a pretty hefty ass penalty. Though considering a lot of people I know always make sure to stack RC to 7-8-9-ish, that could just all be for naught.

>'Get out the good SIN, we're going tropical'

Great. I'm tired of this acid rain. Love to trade it for some skin cancer instead.

The thing is that the skimmers don't propel you themselves. You need to 'run' with your actual legs, the skimmers just lift you up slightly so you don't get any friction/have to deal with tripping on the curb.

If your digigrade legs let you push off harder, you could theoretically glide farther with each stride, like an ice skater sliding down the Canal.

I am annoyed that the only digitigrade legs on humans I can find are pieces of furry costumes

>Spray & pray the bad/good guys into cover and then have a team member, with an accurate and strong weapon, pick 'em of licke apples.

I understood 80% of that sentence, then you lost me right at the end.

Mistakes are a mistake.

Has anyone thought up any new mutated species in these threads? If so, which ones?

seems to be some program?

>I am annoyed that the only digitigrade legs on humans I can find are pieces of furry costumes
Transhumanism is going to be funded and brought about by a lot of people I will want to be very far away from.

Lofwyr's emergency rations.

>Germany
>No hijabs or burkas in sight
>pffah

Germany got their racism out in the open. The Dwarves get one duchy, the Trolls a kingdom, and the darkies get nothing. Now they're an economic superpower, without the albatross of the EU.

Are there any anti-mage weapon/armour/shield upgrades? I can't seem to find any.

Fair enough.

If you put a group of enemies under suppression fire they revive a reduction of their dice pool for EVERY action, including dodging and shooting back, as big as the successes of the roll for the supressin fire.

If the gunner knows what he is doing you can calulate with a reduction of 4-5 dice for their action. Your average enemy brings a evasion pool of 7 to 9 dice to the fight, meaning you take away half of it with the suppression fire.

This means the enemies are easier to hit for the party member with the big gun, like a sniper. Now your sniper buddy will have by default an easier time to penetrate the enemies armor and cause physical damage. But now, with the suppression fire, your sniper friend is A) more likely to hit and deal more damage and also B) less likely to get hit by the enemy trying to fight back.

All mages have an allergy against high powered metal piercing their body.
For more specifics:
FAB is about the only thing that works.

I got the general idea, but what in Ghost's name does "pick 'em of licke apples" mean?

>All mages have an allergy against high powered metal piercing their body.

Too true. That said, I was hoping for an armour version of that magic resistance quality.

(Still working on the radical Christian mage hunter, but decided to ditch the whole anti-mage aspect and go full knight with it, but now I need a way to make my sledge hammer, shield and armour less vulnerable to magic.)

what edition? in 4e there is Feywear (Magic resistance 1-4) which costs a ton (50000 per rating)

There is the Magic Resistance quality. I picked that up for my Infected hunter, works well so long as you get your own healing shit (I recommend a Saviour nanomedkit when you have the dosh).

He misspelled "off" and "like," probably posting from a phone. He probably meant that people pick apples out of trees, but they pick (shoot) the good (dangerous) apples (mages) and this metaphor is getting stretched

They're called 'bullets.'

>Hackers
>Listed unironically.

>implying

How do you all fix technomancers?
One of my players has decided to play one, and I'd rather not screw them over too badly

I was expecting the black dude to start making out with him...

I just don't play them. Problem solved.

Give them the Skinlink echo for free, that should already help a lot.

Reduce Fading Values by 2, or make an echo that allows them to soak some of that Fade with something other than their brains. Let them have PANs.

Read the Dezzmont post on the SR forums.
shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/42995/technomancers-in-5th-edition

...just do the world a favor and kill mages

Where possible, reduce fading value by 1-2. Technomancer stack up Stun like nobodys business because everything they do carries the chance of gaining stun - physical combat, hacking, resonancing, and it all goes to the same track.

Work to increase the technomancer flexibility a little. One of their key problems is that everyone else can change their stuff around on the fly, adapt to problems or easily acquire items that boost their dice rolls to some extent. Technomancers get fewer complex forms than mages get spells, have no equivalent items or foci, can't upgrade their powers with any bought item or drug and their echoes have a hilariously specfic, niche limited effect. You can submerge for 30 Karma and get the ability to decrease noise in an area around you by 2 if you use Data Trails. That's awful, because you can buy a noise 2 jammer at every goddamn convenience store.

Where possible and Echoes have a specific effect turn the specific effect into resonance / 2 if it's better - it's weird that increasing techonmaner resonance via submersion in many cases does little to increase the power of their echoes and abilities. Resonance [Program] gives you 1 program slot, you use a complex form to [Thread Program] - software+resonance, sustained to mimic the effect of a single program the Technomancer must be aware of. If program gives a dice bonus or penalty total hits from test is the dice bonus this program gives so long as it is sustained up to a maximum of what the program could normally provide. Threading Agents with this is possible, but they work like spirits and roll rating x 2 dice where every hit is = 2x fade.

[CodeKludging] echo requires Thread Program, allows dice bonus to go beyond what that program could normally provide.

Don't listen to him, folks. An Awakened society is the only way forward in the Sixth World. Join with us and help take control of the future!

All [Stat] increasing echoes are gone, replaced with
"Modular Brain" - increase one of your matrix stats by your rank in Modular Brain echo. Lasts until re-assigned by rolling software+resonance, extended test, 4 hours, 2 x amount of attribute to be re-assigned successes require (so 1 stat = 2 succeses, 2 stats, 4 succceses, etc etc). It means you can pre-prepare by moving your stuff around but you're not as fluid as a decker and for the most part you won't want to.
--

Resonance Veil can cause systems to accept faulty input by making it believe it has happened in the matrix - but any actual investigation will quickly reveal this as a weird software error (Ie it's the "make that vending machine spit out a soy-kaff can because it registers I just paid for it" complex form.

This differs from Puppeteer in that Puppeteer backs up the hack by manufacturing data whole sale. "Spit out a can of soykaff and log fully legal payment transfer".
--

Anyway, the above works for my group but fair warning they are notoriously gunshy and mostly reasonable. I'm 100% sure if exposed to the activities of other people, glaring loopholes develop.

>Resonance Veil can cause systems to accept faulty input by making it believe it has happened in the matrix - but any actual investigation will quickly reveal this as a weird software error (Ie it's the "make that vending machine spit out a soy-kaff can because it registers I just paid for it" complex form.
Considering just how close that skirts to puppeteer, I wouldn't go for it, and I'd start by suggesting players use RV to engage automated behaviour or fool users doing the something specific with the targeted device.

It's a "convincing illusion", which is to say, you can't interact with it.

My houserules:
>Technomancers: Technomancer is rated one lower on the priority table. Technomancers may run a program by "sustaining" it, suffering a -1 penalty to any action not related to that program. Technomancers can run a number of programs at one time equal to their RES/2 round down. Technomancers may switch programs as per a decker. Technomancers must buy the cyberdeck program, then succeed on a Software+Resonance (4, 1 hour) test to crack and memorize the software. Technomancers start with a +1 bonus that they can apply to a matrix attribute, and they can move this bonus point between their matrix attributes as a decker can swap matrix attributes. Each time a technomancer undergoes a submersion, they gain a further +1 bonus which can be combined or spread among their matrix attributes as they wish. The "upgrade" echos are no longer available to be taken.

My group's technomancer doesn't really use resonance abilities, so I've not had a need to introduce a fix for fading damage. I've decided to keep skinlink as an echo.

He's got a point though; how are you carrying that much ammo? You got a troll buddy passing clips?

Well, it's not hard. You just might stand out on the street wearing a tac vest and having all those mags or belt packs attached to you.

You should be able to carry a good 200 or so rounds like that. I've yet to see a player use more than 60 rounds in a session without suppressive fire.

How much power do nations still have in SR? I know it varies by nation, but let's take Germany, CAS, and UCAS as examples.

What do the militaries even do these days? And are they little more than outlets for the military-industrial complex (more so than today)? How about the IRS? I remember reading something about them becoming incorporated (I think) and being even more scary than they are now. What about other governmental agencies like the FBI and CIA?

What are the rules for shooting guns while in melee? Are there opportunity attacks for leaving? I haven't found anything on this.

I believe 600 rounds were what was referred to, not 200.

what edition?
In 4e it's a negative dpm when trying to shoot outside while in melee and a positive dpm when trying to shoot your melee opponent

Sorry, meant 5th ed.

Point Blank is +2.
>Note that this may be offset by the Attacker in Melee Combat modifier.
That's -3, for net -1 shooting your melee opponent.