REQ

Guys, I've been very fortunate to make high 6 figures thanks to crypto (no LARP), and wanted to share with you the most important lesson I've learned:

The only way to have any meaningful success in trading (and in life) is to hold a non-consensus view that turns out to be right.

We often see this stated as "be greedy when others are fearful, be fearful when others are greedy", but by now that expression is pretty much a cliché

I've already built up my REQ position to the point where buying any more would de-balance my portfolio, so I don't mind sharing my analysis with you.

The price dumped like 40% after this morning's announcement, because the Request team announced that they were pulling the ING Ventures logo form their website (as ING can't legally be associated with ICOs).

The consensus view is that this is a big deal, that ICO investors were mislead about a potential partnership, etc. The truth is that ING doesn't matter at all, and that typically partnerships are OVERVALUED in the crypto space (relative to sound protocol design, the cryptoeconomic incentives and velocity of the token, adoption curves, etc)

Right now, the consensus is wrong, and we're seeing deflated prices for a token that can legitimately go to $0.50 in the next few months. Obviously do your own research, read the whitepaper, read all their blog posts, maybe apply Chris Burniske's cryptoasset valuation model (medium.com/@cburniske/cryptoasset-valuations-ac83479ffca7) to REQ.

I typically try to do all this on my end for every token I invest in, and right now REQ is probably my biggest position. Super bullish on what 2018 holds for this coin

Thanks

Is $5 REQ a possibility ever

Thanks for the analysis.
Im holding 1.1k REQ, am I going to Lambo Land?

It's a great idea with consistent development and a UI that actually looks good. Anyone getting hung up on the ING thing deserves to miss out. Fuck em.

Forgot to mention: there's also a chance YC comes out and distances itself from the project (they funded Moneytis, the team's previous startup before they pivoted to Request Network)

We might see the price dump then as well, but that doesn't affect my long term thesis for REQ

The team was quality enough to make it into YC in the first place + they now have access to the alumni network. "Official YC support" is just symbolic at this point

What I'm probably most bullish about is the team's move to Singapore, such an important financial center. I think that matters way more than these partnerships that people are fretting about

only have 333.666 . will buy more if coinmama will acquiesce

I mean that's like a 50x. I wish I had data on the number of *tokens* (not protocol coins like BTC/ETH/LTC) that have actually 50x'ed.

My hunch is that not many have done it (and then stayed at that level for any meaningful amount of time)

$1 is my stretch target, which I don't think is totally impossible within the next 6 months

Good sum up. Still disappointed in the team. Why? Especially Chris dodged the topics and questions regarding ING, but kept announcing meetings with ING. Now after all this, they come out with the real story? This could be cleared up way earlier. Still extremly bullish on the project.

Test net will come in the next 13 days, but the real party begins with Q1 2018.

Just being totally realistic, no. (given how little you hold)

Fuck, will it at least multiply my portfolio, allowing me access to higher amounts of capital?

Agreed, could have been handled a bit better by the team.

My thinking is that they maybe didn't have legal clarity so he couldn't speak on it until the lawyers ruled on it, but really I have no idea. Small PR hiccup, let's get back to shipping code now

DEAD
CAT
BOUNCE

That's the idea. Never underestimate the power of compounding

People typically overestimate how much money they can make in the short run and UNDERESTIMATE how much money they can make in the long run.

Say conservatively (for crypto) you're increasing your portfolio by 10% every week. After a little less than 2 months you'll have doubled your money

After a year you'll be at like 140x or something. Compounding is nuts, and way better than chasing the next 10x pumps

The crazy thing about crypto is that you might still unintentionally hit some 10xers while trading conservatively, and that will give your portfolio a nice boost. I don't think it's something you can force

You are too smart. You don't belong here.

my only concern is that the team isnt spending ICO money to hire more devs
only 2 people are building the protocol according to github

I'm not a coder but wouldnt more devs be better/faster?

>strong analysis
>realistic expectations
>looking for steady 10% gains instead of saying "moon" every other word

are you lost? you know this is Veeky Forums right?

COPE

too many cooks are bad m8

YC has REQ listed on their website, so I think that's extremely unlikely to happen.

they already hired several developers. A lot of public github code is just being pushed by one or two guys, which is common practice. I think they have 5-6 people actively coding this thing.

Anymore people would ensure the project is completed any sooner.

Got it. Thanks for the advise user.

wouldn't* ensure

Very interesting, thanks user. And I totally hear you on the power of compounding - I've only started to see the effects of it this year, and it's like a whole new world opened up for me.
Any other insights on crypto that you care to share, while you're here?

1) I think every crypto portfolio should have significant exposure to BTC. I've historically been more bullish on ETH but the deeper I dive into BTC I'm kicking myself for not understanding its value sooner

2) Investing is all about understanding capital flows. 2018 is going to be interesting in terms of institutional money, so ask yourself where it's going to go. Right now we have BTC futures about to come online (CBOE Dec 10, CME Dec 18), but I think 2018 will finally bring some crypto ETFs (Bitcoin obviously being the most likely, but ETH is #2 by market cap so that's the second place where money would flow. An Ethereum ETF would skyrocket the price IMHO)

3) On the topic of capital flows, think long and hard about which coin will be the next to be listed on Coinbase. That's where normies buy their crypto. I know so many people who bought LTC just because it's on Coinbase and it's cheaper than the other 2 options. If it wasn't for Coinbase, no way LTC would be trading at its current price. I think they will likely list protocol coins before ERC20 tokens but I could be wrong. I don't have huge conviction on this, but I think BCH might be the first

How to grow portfolio by 10% a week?

Lately? Hold BTC aha

You are a massive faggot. Req is one of the most shilled coins. It s not like you found iota in 2015 when nobody was interested in crypto.

What do you think of Neo? Consensus says it’s good.

>I think every crypto portfolio should have significant exposure to BTC
You realize that BTC is a bubble of a monstrous proportion? The price goes up because people buy in. People buy in because the price goes up. By buying BTC you hope that there will be a greater fool.

15K REK HERE, WILL I MAKE IT IF I JUST HODL?

You found out about the definition of a ponzi scheme. Welcome :)

Agreed, my biggest win was ETH @ $10 back in January, which obviously was a ballsier call than REQ today (crypto not being huge yet and all)

Never claimed to have discovered REQ though. Right now the consensus view is that the ING partnership is a big deal. I'm claiming it isn't, and as such there's a lot of money to be made on this coin

> Not buying SLR

most likely it will get you enough capital that you are just one more moonshot away from making it
t. 90k req holder btw

Is $15k USD making it to you?

>found out
What gives you the impression that I found out about it now, smartass? I knew that the moment I acquired fundamental understanding of crypto space.

I legitimately believe that $50k Bitcoin is not unrealistic, and that Bitcoin might speed up the collapse of certain welfare states

You have no idea how important sound money is

Okay, for once and for all, lets clarify what that statement meant:
Just as YCombinator selects teams, ING selects teams. Their team won from 65 other european teams, which is a big deal. So why is ING asking for this? Moneytis (their first project) was not an ico, whereas Request, is an ICO. Why is being an ICO such a big deal? Because of the uncertainty of the european laws concerning ICOs. Does that mean their team was suddenly not the best over 65 others? No. Does that mean ING doesnt believe in them? No, the laws for ICOs are just not there yet.

On 21 September, the three startups (ONE BEING CURRENT REQ TEAM) will begin a six month journey in the ING Innovation Studio in Amsterdam together with three internal ING teams selected via an internal innovation contest. The six teams will work to validate their ideas and business model and create a viable product that is ready to launch. They will be supported by mentors and coaches with different expertise and skills, coming from different ING business units and external organisations.

PS: How about you all stop being so reactionary? Would you all have sold when ETH dipped from $3 to less than $1, where it then stayed for fucking months? Would you have believed the FUD with everyone was calling ETH, DETH? Y'all don't make any money by FOMOing in and out of positions.

"but muh 10% increase/decrease". Who gives a fuck when you can just hold for a 5-10x or more?

Time in the market > timing the market.

Also, reminder request didn't dip when bitcoin went on a tear a few days ago when EVERYTHING ELSE was down 20% or more.

All great points, and like you I've often skipped on BTC in the past for the potential of ETH. I regret it now, but always worry I'll be buying at an ATH. Was saying this a month ago, when it was at 6k...

Agree on your assessment of REQ btw- given the number of potential usecases for this platform (payment processing, auditing, crowdfunding, others discussed in the mindmap) we honestly need just one to be successful in order for the token and project value to skyrocket.

Given the advantages that the platform will be able to provide over current alternatives as well as the professionalism of the team so far I'm as confident as it's possible to be in the crazy world of crypto that our investments and trust in REQ will be rewarded.

>I legitimately believe that $50k Bitcoin is not unrealistic
And I legitimately believe that you are right. That doesn't justify me or anyone else throwing money at a bubble just for the possibility of some measly ~200% gains, when it's just as likely to crash and burn any day. Holding any solid and relatively undervalued altcoin (REQ, ARK, LINK and several more out there) is much safer option with a much higher upside potential. There is 0 reasons to hold BTC for anything other than BTD of your favorite alt.

Listed as request network on the Y-combinator website.

Defined as

"Request Network is a decentralized network for payment requests. Sort of Paypal 2.0"

The bottom part was a huge win. Last surge to 10K cut my portfolio by 40% (it gained back tho) and I bought more REQ and now my portfolio is down like 10%. Feels good

$813295643872 IN 5 MILLISECONDS AND THEN IT'LL CRASH TO 1 SAT
SELL NOW

>t. etherdelta