Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Leviathan Edition
Good morning, Catachan! Sub-Edition
Alpharius is dead, m8s. No ifs or buts about it. Get over it otherwise you'll end up like a Curzefag.
Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Strawpoll links: strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/-/272350553412?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for the bereaved

Been busy for a couple of weeks, skim reading the last half dozen HHG's and it doesn't look like I've missed much.

What's everyone's favourite bit of Forgeworld-written 30k fluff and why is it Autek Mor's tactical ballistic moon?

First Primarch to fuck with my walls get's killed.
~Rogal Dorn.

You can get beakies so easily off eBay
The only problem is getting the plasma cannons that fit
Along with iron havocs not actually being allowed to take plasma cannons
>bread for the bread God

Actually FW sells the exact plasma cannons and the arms to use them.

Because Space Texans don't play around, and Autek did us a favor by shutting up those World Eaters by forcing a moon down their throats.

I'm talking about RT beige plastic beakies

Do you have the 'fortifying this position' gif while Magnus is a daemon prince

Nope.

You'd still have green stuff/plasticard work to do as Iron Havocs come equipped with hardened armour.

I actually like Dorn in this book.
Also Alpharius and his gene-sons are even more fucked in the head than I thought. And I like it.
It's only a shame that the fight was spoiled here day one.

P.S. Does anyone have "Blackshield" .epub?

Yes black library website does

!!!???

Do you guys think it would make sense that a IW warsmith would have his bionics to run on plasma vials, and like a tech marine with a cortex controller regain a wound on a 4+. But then couldn't shoot the next turn with his plasma guns and would make disordered charges this turn
Asking for fluff of a model I wanna make, and even maybe do some write faggotry about him

He could just be a straight up bionic warsmith that's got help from IH prisoners, or a praevian that was put in command because the others died, and as such has an extensive knowledge of robotics and automata

Is that the Plastic Ahriman I've heard mention of?

>mkiv torso and backpack
>mkvi legs

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Why, now this means no resin Ahriman, unless they fluff up some other random guy
And loving how he already has the lines of chaos marine
WAIT it might just be a redone Ahriman for 40k not 30k and my mk 3 dreams can still happen

If thats the case he lost his special helmet he got after the heresy

>icons everywhere
>that helmet
why.jpg

Doubt it's 40k, it clearly has 30k Ksons iconography and equipment.

Symbol isn't 40k thousand sons

Omegon seems to be less fucked up though. He doesn't seem to be as hung up on proving himself, though that might just be because he's his brother's shadow.

I doubt it's 40k Ahriman or TS sorcerer in general. For Ahriman there's a ton of details that are totally different and I don't think any 40k TS nor Ahriman himself have TS legion logos on them, which this models has plenty.

Maybe the rumors of BaC 2: BaC Harder being set on Prospero are being confirmed? That would mean the other character will be a Space Wolf one. Hopefully the stock models will be generic.

Ahriman doesn't roll with 40k Thousand Sons, he has his own 'Prodigal Sons' presumably with blackjack, and hookers.

There's a tear on the helmet, if that counts for anything

still doubt it is the 40k one without any of his post heresy collection or look

While these are the two worst legions, I guess that more or less confirms plastic MKIII.

>Dead space wolf in MK 3!

Who here said it wasnt doable?

Nobody said it wasn't doable, just that it was unlikely due to xyz reasons.

We haven't seen a complete model yet, so there may have been compromises.

> Dat pic
> Dat khopesh
> Dat Space Yiff corpse
Christmas came early this year

It's clearly just a MkIV assault/breacher, user. Would make no sense for GW to make plastic MkIIIs. They could never do it 100% accurate to FW models, so why even bother? Making nothing but plastic MkIVs for HH would just be consistent.

>we get mkiii plastics through a miracle of engineering
>but all of them have space wolf icons

MKII still best

not really a khopesh

Have you been a good boy or girl, user. Forge World can giveth, but Forge World can also taketh away. Confess your 30k related sins, and maybe Forge World can giveth us an added bonus.

>all of them have space wolf icons

I seriously hope not, and this coming from a furfag.

It would be the most hilarious kick in the dick GW ever did to anyone.

I have one question for you. Is it hard to be a SWfag knowing that your legion is corrupted by the Overwolf? Do you cry seeing the modern Wulfen? Or do you keep old Wulfen around with you to block it all out?

Check the lower left corner - a Mk3 Space Wolf.

Uhhh yes well um I'm m40.399 a ark mechanicus finally returned to Mars complete with umma a um a STC maker which had already printed out a mk 3 stc, and so mk 3 is in use by all chapters even the Knights of blood

Grrr.....

I don't listen to hip hop.

The real explanation is that the 40k end times and simplified Age of the Emperor rules have forced the stalwart Space Wolves to bring our their most sacred relics (outdated garbage armour) to fight the threat of Chaos across all the Emperor's realms.

I doubt that's the space wolf character I was referring to...

Take it like a man, diet Imperial Fist. I thought you boys were good at taking the most grueling conditions like men. What are you? A man or a prepubescent girl mad that he store doesn't have the right shade of pink for her training bra?

Like people haven't been making 40k armies with tons of MkII and III suits ever since FW released their kits.

Is the Crusade Imperalis list somewhere in those links? Just got some stuff I -think- is Solar Auxilia in a trade and want to know what it is

I don't think it's a tear, but the eye of Horus (old Egyptian) icon.

Sorry, was away for a while and didn't see anyone notice it. Later saw it's a dead one.

The TS don't have rules yet, do they? I think I have the most up to date red book and they are not there.

I also means that we don't know which armor they wear? I would say mark IV. Given that we have a dead corgi in mark III, is it possible that the Y@P box actually brings mixed armors?

Nobody knows yet, obviously, but there has been mentions of recycled MKIV.

Fingers crossed it isn't.

Also nobody liked the psyker freaks so they'd probably have MKII armour and not get the good stuff.

SW and TS are without any rules.

>don't know which armor they wear

All legions wore pretty much all marks. Pick the one you like, that's what I did.

Plastic MkIII have been confirmed by several of the 100% reliable rumourmongers for quite some time now, along with a plastic 30k Ahriman. This picture is exactly what was foretold.

I'll go into maximum over-reeeeeeee if that's the case. Then I'll buy a load anyway and spend ages filing them down.

The second option

>Plastic MkIII have been confirmed by several of the 100% reliable rumourmongers for quite some time now

It's a reference to an old thread where one user was adamant it's going to be MkIVs because then it's consistent with GW's HH releases and they could never do MkIII in plastic, it would be just too demanding to get all the FW details right.

Spikey Bits makes a clickbait about this.

>BREAKING – Daemon Primarch In Plastic Spotted?

You can't make this shit up

> boy or girl
WHY CAN'T I BE BOTH CHECK YOUR GENDER PRIVILEGE RRRRRRÈEEEEEEƏÈÈEEEE

I really wish that Rob Baer dude would just roll over and die. Same with Bell of Lost Souls.
Take those fuckers out to pasture and let them die.

>Also nobody liked the psyker freaks so they'd probably have MKII armour and not get the good stuff.
Lorgar and Magnus were on good terms and Ksons were a small legion to begin with, so supplying them with the newest marks was the least issue. They also had the forge world Achaea produce for them, and Achaean pattern armour is mk4 variant.

That wasn't one user. I was the one saying they would be hard pressed to make the backpacks single pieces. They either figured out an amazing solution, simplified the design or cut it into several pieces.

I knew it. No wonder the Iron Warriors snapped.
Because I didn't think about it. You'll have to write a 5000 page essay on why I should include that now.

As a Space Wolf player I sincerely hope that there will be zero bling.

Don't worry, it won't happen because then FW couldn't sell torso upgrades.

That's a pretty valid point.

Or just don't do what FW does. GW MkIV didn't do FW's skinny legs nor the stupid looking helmet design they had in the kit.

If they could do plastic MkIII backpacks in 2e, they cna do them today. They might not be FW backpacks, but neither are FW backpacks plastic GW backpacks from 2e. So who's doing it wrong by not following the other to the letter?

And GW could only sell to 2 factions. Then again, the fact that they already did a legion specific character (where as the BaC ones are generic as well), doesn't bode well.

And that is what I want to do too. My main issue is that, while in B@C you have only mark IVs, thus allowing you to make almost anything, here you may (oor may not) mixed marks.

I really want to build an army using IIIs but sadly I'm sort on money and FW resin is a bit too much, while a 30 armor (+extras like other models and such) even if in plastic, is a better deal.

I'm between TS because I must be the only person who likes Magnus and DG because sick colors. The first would go mostly on IV with a few extra bits from other armors while DG mkIIIs are downright sick.

tl;dr: being poor sucks and I don't want to chinaman.

Epic bait brosef!!

Just as many people complain about the FW legs being skinny as the GW legs being static.

By your reasoning we had MKIII all along and should just use the plastic Berzerker kit. Some people might have ghetto standards, but not everyone.

GW made the MKIV kit a little more bland, but they had a lot less room to screw up.

The fuck is up with the eye lenses on the helmet

Try harder.

You mean mixed marks like models with suits made up of different bits or army with more than one armour mark?

Probably slowpoke, but what happened to the Forge World site?
>The server is currently unable to handle the request due to a temporary overloading or maintenance of the server. The implication is that this is a temporary condition which will be alleviated after some delay. If known, the length of the delay may be indicated in a Retry-After header. If no Retry-After is given, the client SHOULD handle the response as it would for a 500 response.

Good point, but we don't know if the character will be a part of a set or standalone yet.

>Just as many people complain about the FW legs being skinny as the GW legs being static.
Because they can't find the middle ground. FW's are indeed too skinny, but GW's are too thick when compared to other plastic marines.

Mixed as in a lot of IVs, a buch of IIs (vets) and IIIs and Vs scaterred arround.

Wait a fucking minute. Is that an eye of horus on his shoulderpad?

>Read Mechanicum
>It's actually hype as fuck

holy shit I love titans now?

ebay.com/itm/-/272350553412?

How the fuck.

Try harder doing what? I've said it is unlikely to see a 1:1 replica of MKIII in plastic, or an improvement like the MKIV was in many ways, ESPECIALLY their backpacks. You keep saying "m-m-muh rubbish 2nd ed", which doesn't have the fans sticking out along the sides. They've not fundamentally changed the way they make miniatures since then, they've just refined it.

Unless they carve it into tons of tiny pieces they're going to compromise on the details. What is even the point then? You might as well just use MKVII because it's close enough.

If they have managed to put out something that looks good, I'd be as happy about it as anyone could be, but I want to see the kit before I'm convinced.

They look about the same next to the legs from the latest box of Tacticals they put out.

Kelbor-Hal was pretty badass, I agree.

Can see it more clearly in a pic on that ebay listing. Ahriman's definitely wearing an eye of horus. Why? A show of fealty to the warmaster after being cast out by magnus? If so, does that mean the rubic is going to be cast during the heresy?

Kelbor-Hal and the Dark Mechanicum as a whole were bitches

the Knights and Titan Princeps are the real GOATs

>They look about the same next to the legs from the latest box of Tacticals they put out.
No, they really don't, there's a piece of Maximus legs in Tactical box and it looks incomparably better. If they had made BaC legs the same way, I'd never look to FW for Mk4 armour.

What are you smoking? Put them next to the MKVI and MKVII legs and they have very similar thickness to them. The MKIV ones from the Tac squad might be slightly thinner compared to the Calth ones but that's about it. Aside from the kneepads being wider and the added studs it's very close.

They are thinner and better looking because of it, that is my point.

Link to that ebay article?

Don't see why not. I got MkIV, V, III and VI in both my legions (SW and DG). I figure what would be the best mark for a particular unit whether style or use, and go with it.

I'm mad my steel dreadbra comes with star nipples, yes.

Because of the knees, or the studs?

I'd argue that neither is entirely true to the art, the tac legs remind me a little more of the really old pewter MKIV marine while the Calth ones are more like the FW books. I'm a little undecided on the studs, but at least they're not hard to remove.

Over here

Fucking Prosperons. They should all be burned.

>Try harder doing what?

Strawmanning the issue.

>screaming death metal at a warlord until it pops
>bitch

>>screaming death metal at a warlord until it pops
So that's where Decima learned it from?

What's the consensus? 30k Prospero box Ahriman, or 40k Attack on Fenris pt 2 Ahriman

Shame you wolf-fuckers couldn't finish the job, even with the sisters of silence, custodes and sons of horus giving you a hand.

Huh. Never noticed that before. Silly me.

If it's 40k Ahriman, they sure did redesign him with a completely different staff, helmet, removed his robes, redid his iconography and plastered him with legion markings. Just to name a few differences. Also, why is the dead SW in MkIII armour over a more 40k appropriate suit?

scan/epub of the book?