Warhammer 40k General

Mind Worms edition.

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s) (Updated 8/11/18)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V8.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/tg/1471965538939.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How do we fix vehicles?

bring them inline with the toughness system
scrap the vehicle damage chart
make the vehicle damage chart less punishing
make glances not auto-remove hullpoints
nerf haywire
lower the proliferation of high-strength weaponry

Make them toughness based and let them have rule "mechanical" that makes them more vehicle-like. Also transfer this "mechanical"-rule to some units/MCs that are clearly more machines than biological like tau suits, servitors, talos/cronos, eldar&necron wraiths etc.

I want to get into Warhammer 40k. Trouble is, i got ZERO experience with this hobby or pen and paer RPG titles at all.

HALP PLS

Holy shit guys, it's finally happening!

i claim this thread in the name of the changer of ways

Make bikes, battlesuits, wraith units, etc. vehicles.

Problem solved.

Dont

first off, Warhammer 40k is NOT a pen and paper RPG. It is a tabletop war game.

Step one: watch some youtube battle report
Step two: download the core rulebook (which is in the mega link in the OP)
step three: browse games-workshop.com and look at the army that LOOKS most appealing to you.
step four: read up on that army, both its background and playstyle.
Repeat 3 and 4 until you've found an army you like
step five: download that army's codex (again, in the mega)
step six: buy a start collecting! box if one is available for that army, otherwise buy a small starting force (about 500 points)
step seven: give up 40k because you realize that its ludicrously expensive and the rules are terrible
(just kidding, its still fun though)

Anybody use Chaosorcs superstore?

defectivehormagaunt.jpg

>read battle brothers FAQ
>it only matters to dedicated transports and the units that those transports are dedicated to.
>the units are the battle brothers who have conflict in trying to deploy in a dedicated transport dedicated to another unit

And you had me worrying that i was playing against the rules this whole time.

What have you done. Don't bring this back up again!

I think that it is essential for us all to know the rules :^)

Someone post that unbound ork list with the blitz brigade in it :^)

You probably want the 40k rpg general. This is for the same setting but in a munerature wargame setting. The pen and paper games are rather decent

Buff walkers, make the tau suits walkers
Decrease stomp

Why.

Is there any army where I can take all monstrous creatures? Or all walkers? Basically I want stompy robot or monster troops.

Vechicles are fine (or maybe add some roll if damage table should be applied after pen).

Problem is:
- D everywhere
- Lance everywhere
- GMC being simply better
- Stomp > blitz
-Grav bullshit

Would Deathwatch style squad construction benefit Tyranids? IE You take a squad of Warriors, add on a Hive Guard and a set of gaunts to flavor?

Farsight Enclaves, maybe Tyranids too?

There are formations for marines and CSM that let you take almost only dreads/helbrutes.

Whats the problem with this? It's balanced unit.

Not bullshit OP like wraiths.

As Necron player, i would never use it. At this price i would field C'Tan Nightbringer for fun game.

>its balanced unit
>i would rather field a c'tan
Great balance you got there

>Necron robot immune to poison and fleshbane
Well okay I guess.
>Mechanicum robot only gets pseudo immune to poison and re-roll on fleshbane
Yeah fuck you too ForgeWorkshop.

I'm loathe to suggest it, but Eldar can do it too, if you don't want any friends

Not really due to the majority toughness rule.
only works for deathwatch since they're all T4

Speaking as a Mechanicum player, the robots are fine as is.

Well if you're willing to delve into the dark expensive depths of 30k, you can take a full beep bloop monstrous creature army with the Mechanicus that isn't even bullshit OP.

>Nerf Haywire, Grav, Deep Strike, and MSU.
All of these are major contributors to vehicles dying too easily.

>Nerf the OP monsters.
Vehicles are supposed to gain immunity to small arms fire in exchange for suffering crippling effects from the heavy weapons that do harm them. Monstrous Creatures on the other hand are susceptible to small arms fire but don't get crippled. A handful of monsters completely fuck this over by being so stupidly durable that they might as well be immune to small arms fire. Riptides and Wraithknights are the primary examples. FMC's are also problematic, but that's due to the way fliers were Frankensteined onto the rules.

Make non-Assault vehicles viable transports for assault units- bringing back assault out of stationary vehicles largely accomplishes this. It's not a big issue for a lot of factions, but there are a handful of mechanized armies and units that desperately need this buff. Blood Angels, Space Wolves, Chaos Space Marines, Howling Banshees.

Yeah, I'm fine as it is, despite how useless a re-roll on fleshbane is. But why does this robot get an even better version of that rule?

>Necron robot immune to poison and fleshbane

It IS an inorganic construct made out of regenerative space-mithril. The AdMech still uses organic components as the base of all their machinery because AI's are really, really bad, so it makes since they can still be somewhat affected by them.

Pic related.

It's not though. It's about any transports belonging to a Battle Brother. Levels of alliance only matter to units outside your faction.

Well you can repair them with space tech magic so I imagine they must have some kind of regeneration tech.

Thats not true at all. We got into this last thread, levels of alliance apply to ALL MODELS.

Page 126, Allies
>this section tells you how models from different Factions fight alongside each other.
>The Allies Matrix below shows the levels of alliance between units that have different Factions in the same army.

Someone literally posted this page last thread.

>mfw Chaos player with this Codex and IK

Why is life suffering? Why must I be limited to one fucking sheet instead of all the fun stuff?

It dies without accomplishing anything every. Single. Time. I field it.

Don't worry. There's like 50/50 odds that Traitor's Hate is just going to be some evil knight titan formations (all Khorne themed of course) and a new Kharn datasheet.

Khârn's Chaos Kuhnigget Crew

Khârn the Betrayer and 8 Chaos Knight Titans

All models in this formation gain the Rage and Hatred special rules. Any model from this formation that rolls a 1 to Hit immediately hits the nearest friendly model with that attack instead.

Yeah, but they'd still have to shoot through all the gaunts to get to the warriors or whatever. Imagine if gaunts were just an upgrade rather than a unit unto themselves. Just ablative wounds as they're fluffed to be.

So I shoot down Kharn for a piss easy first blood I guess.

Blood for the Blood God!

>Traitor's Hate
What?

I've heard nothing of this. The only thing I know that's rumored right now is the 30k box set with yiffs and predusties

I believe supposedly we're getting (Another) khorne themed CSM campaign / release featuring a new kharn model

Traitor's Hate is just the rumored name for the CSM supplement atia mentioned.
>"First monthly white dwarf has the new Khârn in it (leaning forward charging).

>Also a campaign type book with new rules for Chaos Space Marines. It's not a new Codex, but does have cool new rules.

Still no IA14

isn't that coming out sometime this year?

Anyone got the new Deathwatch codex yet?

>more Khorne shit
God fucking dammit

Don't get me wrong, I love Khorne but why the fuck do they give CSM players the shaft? I'm just regurgitating shit everyone already knows but what does GW gain by fucking us?

>not updated since 6e
>re-release old supplements
>fucked for vehicles unless you want FW books
>Renegade Knights finally, but bare as fuck with a meager buff for running three compared to the Imperial Codex

And people wonder why I run IA:13. Gonna grab Siege of Vraks basically for Zombies and Renegade Leman Russ tanks whenever I have the extra $80.

At least I don't play Orks

>Yeah, but they'd still have to shoot through all the gaunts to get to the warriors
Unless you know, they shoot at you from a different direction than where the gaunts are at the front.
plus gaunt are piss easy to remove.

and if gaunts were an upgrade they still wouldnt work.
Tau have a system like that with their drones, and it only works due to the drones sharing the same toughness as the suits they'll be joining.

don't think i'm trying to flunk you for the idea, i'm all for little rules that'd fit the way a unit is described in the fluff.

Deathwatch Codex and painting guide PDFs when?
Also the fluff booklet from the limited edition.

Damn heretics, trying to smooth their self-conscious by justifying their slaughter with honor...

With Space Wolves (some detachment)and Blood Angel allies (Libbie Dread and Cassor for required slots), you can have a bound Dreadnought exclusive army.

I've heard its coming out in December.

I've heard July and August. Then September. And the rest.

GW Facebook page just revealed new Kharn model. I'm a dirty phone poster otherwise I'd link

I really wish FW would at least say what quarter its coming out in. It wouldn't be that hard.

How's my first Khorne marine?

BREAK THEIR BACKS!

I'd give you an A for effort on your first try. What's that purple thing on the base though?

Read the FAQ slowwwwwlllyyyy...
i.4cdn.org/tg/1471965538939.jpg
>Q: Can units that are Battle Brothers embark in each other’s Transport vehicles during deployment?
>units that are battle brothers
>UNITS
>each other's TRANSPORT vehicles
>*each other's* is implying that those TRANSPORTS are dedicated
The units are the battle brothers in question not the transport vehicles. You CAN embark during deployment if the transport is not a dedicated one. Dedicated to another UNIT.

>New chaos models
I FEEL THE WARP OVERTAKING ME
IT IS A GOOD model

Looks kinda shit. Is he tripping? And those thigh plates look like overdesigned AoS crap.

>not Slaanesh
Don't care. GW doesn't care about chaos anyways.

FUCKING FINALLY. PREORDER CONFIRMED

NOW GIV PLASTIC ZERKERS REEEEEEEEEEE

PLASTIC ZERKERS ALREADY EXIST, GOYIM.
JUST LIKE PLASTIC CSM TACS AND POSSESSED :^))))))

Early next year, they are busy with Inferno.

They do care, especially about Slaanesh. In fact they care about Slaanesh so much that they are actively going to kill it in the lore!

You think Eldar totally failed to rebirth Ynnead? Think again!

I think thats a very unflattering angle. check the vidio, you get about a second of rotating mini

Theyre rumours of a plastic KoS and the guys at GW said some big shits coming out for slaanesh

They are rumors of plastic LoC, not KoS.

plastic LoC rumours died out a while ago. KoS is the new hot rumour

GIV PLASTIC DREADCLAW AND NEW PLASTIC ZERKERS NAO

REEEEEEEE

PLS GW I NEED FOAR 30K

It's a eldar helmet
First time trying out basing as well

>Eldar helmet
A+

>leaked miniature
>GW one-ups the leak

Fuckin' GW.

Guys, all of the Khornate dubs, trips, and quads from the recent threads have finally done it. Khornate junk confirmed.
HE HAS ARRIVED! Al'Kaps, you didn't say please.

>KoS
They keep censoring Slaanesh so i am completely uninterested in their new models. The chaos god with my favorite lore is kill.

Are there any interesting ways to pose a Furioso Dreadnought?

what is this new and glorious world we live in

upside down

It feels like the villain has reformed. I still can't trust them yet but I have hope.

Can someone explain why I would pay as much as a landraider for fag cannon Deathwatch?

S6 Rending flamers can't penetrate AV14, unlike the lascannon's S9 AP1 heavy 2.

And don't even try to compare T4 3+ against D-Thirsters/Smashfucker

i like you

i kill you last

3rd edition rulebook pdf anyone?
cant find in op unless i'm a tremendous fucknut.

pretty sweet

don't think I'll buy it, but about time

Can someone explain why I would pay as much as a landraider for plasma gun sternguard?

S7 ap2 rapid fire can't penetrate AV14, unlike the lascannon's S9 AP1 heavy 2.

And don't even try to compare T4 3+ against D-Thirsters/Smashfucker

Can someone explain why I would pay as much as a landraider for exarch warpspiders?

S6 wounds on initiative can't penetrate AV14, unlike the lascannon's S9 AP1 heavy 2.

And don't even try to compare T3 3+ against D-Thirsters/Smashfucker

Exactly

Deathwatch are completely useless.

Can someone explain why I would pay as much as a landraider for missile broadsides?

A million S7 can't penetrate AV14, unlike the lascannon's S9 AP1 heavy 2.

And don't even try to compare T4 2+ against D-Thirsters/Smashfucker

>S9 AP1 Heavy 2

Since when Lascannons stop being S9 AP2 Heavy 1?

Source?

I have no idea. But that post is clearly mocking landraider-lover

Can someone explain why I would pay as much as a landraider for a landraider redeemer?

S6 Assault and Flamestorm cannons can't penetrate AV14, unlike the lascannon's S9 AP 1 heavy 2.

And don't even try to compare AV 14 against D-Thirsters/Smashfucker.

Can someone explain why I would pay as much as a landraider phobos for a landraider crusader? S6 Rending assault cannons can't penetrate AV14, unlike the lascannon's S9 AP1 heavy 1 twinlinked.

And don't even try to compare AV14 against D-Thirsters/Smashfucker

I misspoke. Sue me. I don't see how that has anything to do with lascannon having two shots, which they don't.

Why do you care so much? I'm not going to stop discussing rules just because I made a mistake or two and that triggers your autism or something.

games-workshop's facebook page