So, this pretty much sums up Magic currently

So, this pretty much sums up Magic currently.

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-image-gallery/conspiracy-take-crown
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You're not nearly as clever as you think you are.

why is that mythic?
>only the first
>no instant/ sorcery spells ever

It costs nothing (mana wise) and you start the game with it active.

This just seems like really bad design for a draft focused set.

that still shouldn't be mythic, it's only half way decent in a very specific deck style. it's hindrance outweighs it's usefulness by a landslide.

Therefore, it should be mythic. Do you not understand how drafts work? Do you want to pull one of these every other pack in draft?

>it's hindrance outweighs it's usefulness by a landslide.
>it is hindrance outweighs it is usefulness by a landslide.
And have you even drafted in your life? Creature decks are king.

I'm still pleased that the raptor has feathers.

>it's hindrance outweighs it's usefulness by a landslide.
>Therefore, it should be mythic
le planeswalker face :^)

Wizards, for once in their lives, are living up to the idea that rarity is not about power level but rather about balancing the draft environment and you're bitching about it. Unbelievable.

Speaking or which, they fixed Worldknit!

Please tell me that Conspiracy II will have feathery dinosaur friends

Full spoilers is out:
>magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-image-gallery/conspiracy-take-crown
There aren't feathery dinosaurs.

birds tho

>Mythic rare that's useless outside drafts
>Will be a junk rare within the hour
>Is all about creatures
>Is a fucking awful design because unless you get it P1P1 you'll probably just pass it considering it requires your entire deck to warp
Come on guys, I'm sure you'll pull Show and Tell and Berserk from your boxes!

Mythic rare is a good thing. It means you'll pull this card from your booster less often. Which is a good thing.

It means yet another slot has been taken up by shit you don't want to pull instead of good reprints.
>"Waaahhh MaaaRoooo I didn't pull 8 copies of Berserk from my booooox :'("

>it's in a mythic slot instead of rare
>a chase rare at rare offsets this
Oh, the horror!

ITT morons bitch about everything

You guys know Conspiracy packs have draft-altering cards instead of basic lands, right? So a rare Conspiracy that shows up won't occupy the rare slot?

But who gives a fuck, complain about m-muh value in a draft format that's actually fun where the set is printed to demand. No, you're the cancer killing Magic.

Conspiracies don't take up the rare slot in the pack. You could get a berserk and still have a mythic conspiracy.

>birds are identical to dinosaurs because of a common ancestor tens of millions of years ago
By that reasoning, triceratops=stegosaurus and humans=chimps

Dinosaur is a set, specific types of dinosaurs are elements of that set.

There's a colorless 2/1 for 2 mana

Why would these idiots do a single bit of research? It's easier for them to just come whine about Jews.

Birds are dinosaurs because birds are part of a group of dinosaurs. Pic related is a list of major groups of the class Theropoda, a group of dinosaurs that includes Tyrannosaurus, Velociraptor, and Archaeopteryx, the first bird. You can see how modern birds, Aves, are descended from this group.

And, while humans are not chimps, we are Primates, putting us in the same family as them, right alongside apes and monkeys.

secret tech horn of greed

So, since everyone on Veeky Forums thinks this card is shit, I'm ready to aggressively draft this archetype and win everything.

Except that thing takes up the place of a basic land in a pack, but do feel free to continue your bitching.

Collected company needs to be cast

We need edit of this with Zone-tan and flavor text "I'm watching you tap."

No, you fucking mongoloid. Bu that logic falcons and t-rex are both dinosaurs, which they are, and humans and chimps are both apes, which they are.

I thought school already started but judging by this post I shouldn't be surprised your dumb ass is ditching.

With this much money on the line, I know for a fact I'm going to be cheating my lily white ass off.

I can't wait to scam my LGS out of all of these chase reprints.

Is it just me or does Melee feel like some sort of anti-Exalted? Either way, Conspiracy 2 feels like Commander Masters.

an anti-exalted would encourage you to swing with as many creatures as possible. melee does do that to a point but encourages you to throw politics out the window and attack everyone as well.

Isn't this really bad? You have to exile/discard to play lands, but you're still stuck with the 1 land per turn rule, so essentially you have to get rid of cards you want in order to play land.

Not sure I like this conspiracy. I like the set, just not the actual conspiracies so far.

go up a rarity to uncommon and there's a colorless 2/2 with an upside for 2 mana

I think Battlecry is a better example of anti-Exalted. Attack with as many creatures as possible, only attackers give the bonus.

It's basically change the cards in your hand into lands. It's really good.

It also costs you two cards before the game even starts.

But you can draft whatever the fuck you want as well

No, it's really fucking amazing. It means you will ALWAYS curve out, and NEVER get mana screwed.
You can play ANY card you have, regardless of its color. You will never draw complete duds come late game, you can play a MUCH higher mana curve, and there are some marginal benefits of being able to fake any trick that exists in the set

The -2 cards to begin with is.. pretty annoying, but it's definitely worth it.

I don't know if there's any heavily color-restricted cards or something absurd like Explore in the set, but if there is, this is flat-out broken

People who complain about FUN are shit

>Junk rare
>Conspiracy
shiggydiggy.jpg

Bourgeoning and Horn of Greed both exist in the set.

Both reprints confirmed at rare rarity

There's a limited archetype in every cardpool called "5 color control".
You grab all the bombs and removal, then hope you don't get mana screwed.
Usually works better in Sealed than Draft, but when it works it works well.

If you grab this as late as the middle of pack 2, you can consistently run 5 color control.
c also Another point of mind:
You'll have to pad your deck to 40 using dregs.
But you'll have less dregs in your picks than everyone else because colors don't matter.
You can also freely pitch dregs as land (if needed), and you never dead topdeck a land.

>Bourgeoning
Doesn't work.

I think it'll be hard to pick up true dregs since every color will be open to you, and as you mentioned, even if you do you can just pitch it as land.

Starting two cards down isn't a problem at all in my book, since opposite to most other games, snowballing isn't a thing and you can easily recoup the 2 cards by not getting more lands than you needed, or alternatively by not having 2 cards you'd otherwise be unable to cast from mana cost issues

The last 2-3 cards of every pack will always be, at best, barely playable on color.
Assuming you draft no other Conspiracies you get to leave 4 cards in your sideboard.

Your cardpool will have less dregs than your opponent's cardpool. Your deck will not.

"Exile the trash and play all the goodstuff" still sounds like a solid plan.

Which is why everyone is saying it's really good.

Still don't think it's worth losing two cards from your opening hand. I've played vanguard and most of the vanguards who reduce your hand total were not that good

By that reasoning, with every descendant of a member of a group still belonging to that group, aren't we all bacteria?

5-color goodstuff consistently wins and loses by color screw.
Limited is (mostly) about throwing and answering bombs until one sticks.

>humans=chimps
never been to detroit?

No. Bacteria is a domain of life. We belong to domain Eukaryota, due to the nucleus and other organelles in our cells being enclosed in membranes. ALL animals belong to domain Eukaryota by sheer definition: Multicellular eukarotes. In contrast, bacteria are prokaryotic, with a nucleus and other organelles in their cells NOT being enclosed in membranes.

We are Humans: great ape, primate, mammal, vertebrate, animal eukaryotes. That is everything we are. Each of these things is a subdivision of the other.

Birds are theropod, dinosaur, vertebrate, animal eukaryotes.

It's probably not very viabale in a hyper-competitive setting but could prove useful if you absolutely positively abhor getting mana fucked.

c The only thing from *any* set I could imagine first picking over it is Advantageous Proclamation.

>tfw game stalemates and advantageous proclamation player decks themselves

have you?

>mana acceleration that doesn't even cost you a card

even if it wasn't pretty powerful, it's definitely mythic on a "drastically alters the rules of the game" basis. Also, since it's a conspiracy, it doesn't even take up your rare slot, so I literally don't understand why you're so upset

bretty gud with Exploration/Fastbond/Explore too

In fact, he's more so

Speaking of which, drafting multiple Hymns of the Wilds would get really stupid really fast.

>Trying to explain to constructicucks what the world looks like outside of their perfectly designed deck safe space

Being able to draft literally every good card you see AND always being guaranteed to have lands on curve is more than worth two cards.

The card is only bad if you get it in your third pack so you can't draft around it anymore.

>"I have absolutely no understanding of phylogenetics"

1.01 How to fuck signaling in draft in a set designed for drafting.

Sometimes I forget that there are very good game designers in Wotc

So there's absolutely no way to leave a group, no matter how different from your ancestors you get? Does that mean that our most distant animal ancestors were simply "animals" with no more specific classifications that their descendants eventually stopped qualifying for?

We classify based on shared traits. Our most distant ancestors were in all likelihood single-celled, thus not animals, but still eukaryota. That does put is in the same group. Even the first animals, the multi-cellular eukaryotes, were just that. They likely had some differentiation between them, but all the ones that are not ancestors of modern animals died out, so nothing more complex is in their group. And yeah, technically there is no "leaving" a group, all you can really do is make subdivisions of a group. Because remember, the groups are based on similarities.

I mean... the only way to get an organism to leave a group... You would have to somehow find a way to regress an organism to a less complex state, then have it evolve differently. Very difficult. Time travel would probably be more cost effective at that point.

Also, remember that these groups are made by people. It might turn out that scientists were wrong about something and decided to change the grouping later, as with birds, since the idea that they are descended from dinosaurs is a more recent one. That doesn't change the properties of an organism, it just means our understanding of that organism changed. The classification is made in such a way that a feature found in one organism will be found in its descendants. This is how evolution works. You're never going to find, for example, an invertebrate animal descended from a vertebrate animal.

Just look around on Wikipedia. Look up an animal, search through the groups it belongs to, you'll find similarities. Take this image for example. These animals are all clearly different, and with different features, but it is quite obvious they share features as well.

Don't be an idiot, this is an unlimited run.

Everything reprinted here is going to crash in price hard.

Sorry, let me back up a bit: Ancestors and descendants do not share all features with each other, but whatever feature defines the ancestor will also define the descendant. The features in mammals will be found in all descendants, thus making them mammals as well. The purpose of the descendant is to be more specific. For example, fish and reptiles are both animals, due to their shared feature of being multcellular eukaryotes, but their groups are not the same because of additional features that they do not share with each other.

>basically a mox
>"why is it a mythic?"

You then draw nothing but gas the whole game.

No it's not bad at all. Your hand size is 5 because you will never have to mulligan anytime you have this out and anything you don't like can be pitched to play a land that taps for any mana.

As others have said its actually good. You only want half your spells anyway, so you won't have trouble finding one to pitch, and being the Monarch helps replenish the lost cards.

This card is insane. You spend the game drawing nothing but gas after spending the draft taking all manner of niche and toolbox cards in whatever colours you want because you can always just ditch them for land if you don't need that naturalise.

>only the first
Works great with all the flash dorks in the set.

How many conspiracies can you start the game with? Just one?

>Just one?
Cubes non-withstanding, 24.

Hold on, you're completely right but doesn't this mean that if you do draft 5 more conspiracies, somehow, you auto-lose the game for not being able to field a 40-card deck?

Isn't it a mox that cycles itself since it doesn't count as one of your starting 7?

Not him, but couldn't you just replace the conspiracies with basic lands?

>0
>T: Add C to your mana pool.
>When ~ enters the battlefield, draw a card.
Holy shit.

Eh it's much more limited than that, since it does ban instants and sorceries, but pretty much

FUCK the concept that sets and card rarities have to revolve around draft. That's how we get so many rarity bumps. That's why the last few standards have been shit. Its all designed for 'fun drafts XD '

Fuck draft, its ruining Magic. (sets like Conspiracy that are openly all about draft are fine though)

Rarity has ALWAYS been about power level, ever since Hill Giant and Roc of Kher Ridges were in the same fucking set. Maro just lies like always. "It's about limited balance! It's about complexity!" If that was true, Force of Will would be a Common.

Conspiracies aren't part of your deck, and Sovereign's Realms explicitly forbids running basics.

>
>

>It's about limited balance!
>If that was true, Force of Will would be a Common.
Yeah, everyone getting nearly free counterspells sounds awesome.

>Its all designed for 'fun drafts XD '
>Fuck draft, its ruining Magic.
Yeah, Wizards should ditch draft entirely! It's not like they're a business in it to make money, and it's not like that's how they make most of their money through Magic. What they should do is focus entirely on the secondary market, through which they receive no money in return, because that makes sense. I mean, the guys at Wizards just do this for a living and study this shit continuously, what could they possibly know that shitposters on Veeky Forums don't?

Didn't realize he was specifically referring to Realm, I thought he was talking about conspiracies in general.

>cheap removal at common
>limited balance

I dont think you are properly considering a world of limited where force of will is a common.

Maybe he just wants everyone to be like him where >none of them can get anything off

I mean, you might have to mulligan. Curve exists you know?

Maybe wizards has decided to make crazy cards mythics, instead of just good ones.

I play Storm and Dredge in every format to spite WotC.
And my opponents.
But mostly WotC.

>Force of Will at common for limited
What the fuck are you on

>people complaining conspiracy cards that are only legal in conspiracy draft shouldn't have mythic rarity
>cause reasons

Force of will really wouldn't be all THAT in draft

>>Yeah, everyone getting nearly free Counterspells sounds awesome.
>Discarding a blue card on top of having the spell itself is 'nearly free'
>"Businesses exist to make money, no I don't know what a stakeholder is or why the customer is one, I got my paradigm from an objectivist novel"
>They do this for a living, they must be infallible!

you're a retard

>It's not like they're a business in it to make money
if they piss their customers off continually they won't be making all that much money at the end of the day.