Help needed for finding/making a system for conquering and ruling a land

I'm think of a system mix of settlers of catan,risk or axis and allies, total war esc.

ok well my thoughts are that it would be a mix of a crap to of different systems

like you start off a small scale no budy then you start a band

then you take over some land or become a lord for a king

>start as a noboby
>become lord
>become king
>wage war on other kingdoms
>gain land and power

so there would be a table top rpg pen and papper for the plable characters who would also all be playing against each other but then rescources and taxes woul come from the catan system

you could spend the taxes on stuff to make your kingdom better
or on yourself or stuff

like you could hire mecrinaries to fight for you or you could buy weapons and armor for your self and fight your own battles or both

ok so i guess im the only one on Veeky Forums

the players would awaken as ancient and power beings that know of an even older danger that only the can stop but not alone so they conquer the lands and prepare them for what is to come

the danger being a miniurrture ice age, some powerful lich or dark lord, the abyss, ecs.

here's the map

races would be the clasics plus half beast like centaurs and minotaurs

the setting would be some where in the age of iron and you could apply your basic understanding of the world to this one and progress your kingdom throught the age
no black powder
but there is magic

No RPG will lend itself to this.
This is directly opposed to the initial design of the genre.

If reading your OP hadn't tip you off,
you should go play a boardgame.

>This is directly opposed to the initial design of the genre.

>Laughing_Gygax_and_Arneson.png

I'm sure there are tabletop wargames that you could use if you want something boardgamey.

However, if you're looking for something RPG-ish, then head over to the OSR thread and look into Adventurer Conquerer King, and Labyrinth Lord's An Echo, Resounding supplement.
Both have rules for conquering, managing, and ruling over a domain of some kind. ACKS is more number crunchy, AER is more abstract and quicker. Select according to taste and go.

ACKS also has this simpler alternate system, written by its authors.

> "I'm high enough level to build a stronghold!", said Nobody Ever.
Those rules didn't come in to play until a few levels after the typical campaign ended.
Even "high level" campaigns rarely went more than a few levels past there.

Strongholds are the point where you retire you character and they fade into the setting backdrop.

Is that really the best argument you can come up with?

Heresy! There are plenty of domain management systems.
Have you never played Rogue Trader?

Is that really the best argument you can come up with?

What am I supposed to say when you basically tried to argue "Nuh-uh" and "nobody I know used those rules, so therefore... something"?

Pointing out that you're not actually making an argument is all I've got at that point.

I know people who have used those rules.
I don't know anyone who used those rules often.
I've never heard of people using those rules often.
I have heard of people I don't know say they rarely got to use them.
How does that not constitute an argument?

>How does that not constitute an argument?

What exactly are you trying to say, OP shouldn't use them because you heard some folks say they didn't use them often?

I'm giving him an opinion to consider when/if he looks at the system.
TSR D&D has awkward balance and content issues at high levels.
Those rules don't work well house ruled to low levels.
Those rules don't have have the details described in OP.

>What exactly are you trying to say
I already said it c

>TSR D&D

Funny, I wasn't even talking about TSR D&D.

>reading 10 pages

thanks for the suggestions
and i have heard of rouge trader i just didn't know that there was a domain control system in it