/STG/ Star Trek General

Corbomite maneuver edition

Old thread A thread for discussing the Star Trek franchise and its various tabletop iterations.

Possible topics include the rpgs by FASA, Last Unicorn Games and Decipher, the Starfleet Battles Universe and WizKid's Star Trek: Attack Wing miniatures and game.

Game Resources

FASA's RPG
>mediafire.com/folder/9mt7sng56l8gg/Star_Trek_RPG_(FASA)
mediafire.com/folder/cwn8tbt2qm5t4/FASATREK_Adventures

Last Unicorn Game's RPG
>mediafire.com/folder/9eiysv2192ods/Star_Trek_RPG_(LUG)
-Official and Fanmade Resources
>coldnorth.com/memoryicon/

Decipher's RPG
>mediafire.com/folder/c6tb7p6dp0pye/Star_Trek_RPG_(Decipher)
-Fan Supplements
>strpg.patrickgoodman.org

Far Trek
mediafire.com/folder/lrhbz9l0qay0j/Far_Trek

Lasers & Feelings
>onesevendesign.com/laserfeelings/

Lore Resources

Memory Alpha - Canon wiki
>en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Portal:Main

Ex Astris Scientia - Fan analyses of ships, tech and continuity issues
>ex-astris-scientia.org

Daystrom Institute Technical Library - Database of ships and technology
>ditl.org

Star Trek LCARS Blueprints Database - Ship schematics, deck plans and recognition manuals
>cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/blueprints-main2.php

Star Trek Maps - Based on the Star Trek Star Charts, updated and corrected
>startrekmap.com/index.html

Star Trek Cartography - Information and maps
>stdimension.org/int/

Now accepting recommendations for more links

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/sto/comments/2asnf1/thank_you_cryptic_for_not_creating_a_paytowin_game/
steamcommunity.com/app/9900/discussions/0/882965737487988189/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

reddit.com/r/sto/comments/2asnf1/thank_you_cryptic_for_not_creating_a_paytowin_game/

steamcommunity.com/app/9900/discussions/0/882965737487988189/

More Kanar!

I actually have a regular Kanar bottle and a 3ft+ tall Kanar bottle.

>This is the new bridge crew of the Enterprise

Who would you assign to each position (command, engineering, medical, ect.)?

Luckily, post TOS movies, bridge stations are an as needed job. So all of them get Omega shift, and crew the Battle Bridge.

Fluffy for intel officer. All the others could go anywhere really.

Wait, so the TNG RPG is lying to me (again)?

I love when people bitch about pay to win, and cash-grabs. I've been playing this game since January, and I'm rocking a (T6) Paladin, and I can utterly decimate almost anyone in PvP, I can walk through advanced STFs without breaking a sweat and I've not paid a single dime.

LUG had a lot of padding, but een there I'm pretty sure a lot of posts are implied to be possible to merge together if the ship is small enough.

Yeah, I always went with the assumption that while most Starfleet officers do have a specific position, Starfleet isn't so stuffy that they would strictly enforce those positions.

For example, while Data is technically just an OMO, no one is going to complain if he fills in for another position sometimes, it would just be a waste of his talents otherwise.

Those aren't actually bridge positions though. Those are all department heads. The bridge positions are the two guys sitting in front of Picard, Worf behind him, and the four positions behind Worf. They can be manned by department heads, but that's not their whole job.

Also the LUG game was kinda different from how the show ran in that it made doing lower decks games fun, one of the books had enlisted rules een.

So a lot of people often ran 2 sheets; a lower decks dude for away missions, and a department head. It was also one of the few trek games I think that didn't assume anyone with a ship is a captain by rank.

Bridge positions are generally Ensigns or Lieutenants though. TNG was bizarre in that the ship was very officer heavy, even if a lot of those officers were ensigns. Presumably because of all the civilian science work, but still. You should have waaaay more enlisted than officers.

>It was also one of the few trek games I think that didn't assume anyone with a ship is a captain by rank.
It depends on the ship for me. A Norway or Sabre? A Lieutenant Commander or full Commander would be fine. A Defiant? I'd prefer a Captain, but I'll take a Commander. Cruiser sized and above? Captains and flag officers only.

Yeah, I meant lower ranked CO for shit like Sabres and Novas, and I generally treated those and Defiants as something that would most of the time be tied to a Starbase.

Also the Dominion War book (was made an online supplement after lug went under) had a fairly good rundown of the fleet rosters for Starfleet. It also made fo a few fun games with players trying to punch their way through Cardie backlines after most of their fleet got destroyed in the opening months of the war. With a taskforce of shit like novas, sabers and a beat-up refurbished Steamrunner.

Miho is the captain, Saori has comms, Hana has tactical, Mako has helm, and Yukari is first officer.

Kinda on the obvious side with the jobs they have in the tank man.

>Might as well be playing "Galaxy Quest"
You may be an asshole for having said this in the last thread but I just want you to know sir that you have in fact inspired me, thank you. I forgot about that awesome movie and totally have to get a game based around it set up.

I've found that most Star Trek campaigns, regardless of system, eventually turn into Galaxy Quest anyway.

>Data is technically just an OMO
He's also the head science officer, and the second officer. Data has a lot on his plate.

>the student council as starfleet admirals

it fits far too well

>Rommel and her gang ride into battle in a garish D7 with a cloak

Would pay to hear them rambling out Romulan, Klingon, and Andorian war philosophy.

Hey captains, quick question, do any of the RPG books have advice on getting into the feel of Star Trek?

I found both the FASA and LUG games to be pretty good for DM suggestions and atmosphere.

Thank you sir!

>We have to think in 3 dimensions!
>Like the Andorian Sea Wars!
>No! Like the battle of Kor'Van VIII!
>You fools! When you think of 3 dimensional battles, the first thought should be the battle of the Mutara Nebula!
>Oooooooh...

>that spoiler
I salute you for the pun, sir. Well done.

>LUG backstory
>in 2107, a skirmish broke out between European and South American ships on the border of Centauran space.
Los space malvinas son argentinas!

You could say it was a stealth pun.

Who knew Jeremy Clarkson lived all the way to the 22nd century?!

Trek anime when?

You don't want a Trek anime.

when i was a kid, and saw that blue head, i thought of toilet bowl cleaner.

i called him "Sani-Flush"

>Kojima is a huge trekkie

Every E3 a part of me hopes he'll make a crazy ass starfleet game

>he doesn't want moe trek

That kanar is spoiled.

Not that user, but yeah I do.

I want a TOS anime in the style of pic related. With the tone of pic related.

when loli vulcans can work in peace without illogical humans molesting them

>Not Tranya
>In corbomite edition.

What.

So never ;_;

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO "THE NEEDS OF THE MANY", HUH?

AT LEAST THE ROMULANS CAN ADMIT THEY'RE SLUTS

>"In a different reality, I would have called you rapist."

>AT LEAST THE ROMULANS CAN ADMIT THEY'RE SLUTS
They prefer monogamously challenged.
I always found it strange that they Vulcans are the more ridge 'ed ones

Romulan sluts you say?

The Romulans will only deceive you with their sluttiness to bring you dishonor and death!

Republic Romulans a cute.

Romulans all the smarts of Vulcans, with emotion.

Congratulations, your nacelles are too long for you to fucking walk in. But I guess that's what you get for trying to be Excelsior 2: Supersleek Boogaloo.

I was thinking of running a space game; I'm sort of familiar with LUGtrek from playing it as a teen, would people here think it's usable as a system without the setting? I'm thinking of replacing the tour of duty modules with yearly and four-yearly life modules instead.

My plan B is probably WEG's Mini-6

>Romulan Republic
Also one of the few good bits of lore to happen in STO

And now I want Star Trek Transformers, like we had Star Wars ones (but except decent, unlike the Star Wars ones).

Well, IDW do have the rights to both of those, so maybe we'll get a crossover comic one day?

>Jolan Tru, baby. Why don't you drop your cloak so I can invade your neutral zone

Honestly, with that class of starship, I cannot imagine it being anything more than a minor incursion.

Never with any luck.

I dunno, I'm sure they'd fuck it up.

I want, like, the ships themselves to be the Transformers. Like Macross. And I want actual toys. In scale.

Yes, I know I'm asking quite a bit, and I don't actually expect it. But I can dream!

I'm also realizing that I don't have many Star Trek related pics on my computer. Oops.

>implying it could get any worse than Discovery
Man, I had a bit of optimism for that show, before the whole "we're not on tv so we can go full GoT with sex and violence and faggotry and stuff".

>Not wanting Hannibal in space.
Gagh has never looked so appealing

Get the dermal regenerator and set it to maximum because that burn was sick.

>Hannibal as the ship's counselor

I would watch the shit out of that.

Wait, what?

I would like to second the
>Wait, what?
Found here.
We going to have Star Trek with boobs because on the one hand I am appalled at that because this is meant to be a family friendly watch it with you parents and children show.

On the other hand boobs.
I am part of the problem. I feel shame and rightly so.

That's fucking disgusting.

I hope They at least use the more adult rating to deal with more taboo morality issues, but I don't see how they could do any better than TOS and TNG managed it.

We might get a bit of meta narrative like DS9 had. I wouldn't mind GoT in space if the development didn't sound like they were actually trying to make GoT in space.

DS9 was GoT in space before GoT was a thing.

Except for the fact that the Trill felt that relationships between symbionts after they changed hosts was degenerate as fuck.

>Implying forbidden fruit isn't all the sweeter.

Pretty sure the GoT dudes think all the incest is degenerate as fuck too.

DS9 was discount Babylon 5 m8, well, discounted in all the ways that matter. B5's sets and CG haven't aged gracefully.

It just reeks of focus testing and marketing surveys, and the only good thing I see coming out of that is that a redesign to the current discovery model.

Having never seen/read GoT, I wouldn't know.

You just wanna see more Ezri/Jadzia, don't you.

>DS9 was discount Babylon 5 m8
It's a side-series which garnered more attention than it should due to Voyager being garbage.

As much as I would like to think that B5 was a better show, I just can't see it. And I really enjoyed B5, just not as much as DS9

B5 was an interesting premise in a new and exciting setting. It had all of the right elements to be a really good show.

And yet it was constantly belaboured by poor scripting and inconsistent cast quality. With the exception of Londo and G'kar, 2 intentionally bombastic and expressive characters, the performances were often stony or just amateur in quality.

Interesting storylines like the obvious mistrust between human psychics and mundanes were swept aside in numerous attempts to make the Minbari interesting and engaging.

Don't get me wrong, I really did enjoy B5. The Narn occupation and Earth war story arcs were especially good. But as a whole, the show just didn't do well enough.

Oh yeah, the acting in DS9 was amazing, it almost made you forget that the scrips forced some out of character moments.

I dream of a world that allowed B5 to exist with DS9's budget. Or a world in which Straczynski had written DS9.

>You just wanna see more Ezri/Jadzia, don't you?

I can think if no better use for a time machine.

Ezri Dax is best Dax

She was less of an insufferable cunt than Jadzia but Jadzia had a nicer body.

>tfw no Kira/Ezri/Jadzia threesome

In their primes but Terry's aging better.
>their characters tho
Equally good.

That's why the universe invented fanfiction, dear user.

This. is almost nightmarish.
What the hell...

>not kira/ezri/jadzia/leeta foursome

>I'm sure they'd fuck it up.
IDW's crossover comics have been great so far. Their Transformers, TMNT, and Star Trek stuff is all solid.

The fact that they managed to get a IDW Ghostbusters - Real Ghostbusters crossover and make it work was impressive.

Star Trek Orgy?

Also fuck I was tripping.

I don't know what that ship is, but I want to make love to it.

>I dream of a world that allowed B5 to exist with DS9's budget.
That would be awesome.
>Or a world in which Straczynski had written DS9.
Not awesome. B5 would not have worked at all in a Trek setting. Being able to be its own thing was its saving grace. JMS would not have had anything like the freedom he had with B5 if he had stayed with Trek. And I doubt JMS could have stood up to Berman like Behr did, at least not without getting fired.
>And yet it was constantly belaboured by poor scripting and inconsistent cast quality.
JMS is good at overarching story and monologue, but is not nearly good with actual dialogue and people acting like people (this shows through all his stuff, not just B5). He could have really used a strong assistant or editor for the actual scriptwriting process.

STO's 2390s Constitution skin. It's nice, aside from the huge bussard collectors.

What do you think of the Excalibur?

Man, I just wanna snuggle with Jaylah and/or TOS Uhura.

I dream of a world where voyager had ds9s character arcs and consistency.

It's like Connie and Excelsior had a passionate night and made an incredibly gorgeous child that grew up to be smokin' hot.

Truly a glamazon of starships.

Is it just me or are the bajorans the fucking worst race ever.

Oh we have been around for 50k longer then humans, but hey we can barely do warp, oh don't mind us we could have solved all of our problems relating to housing, food and shelter, but we decided to pray instead. Bajroans here, despite having access to science and technology, and the knowledge that my gods are just space time aliens who basically forgot we existed and have to fucking reminded every week, Im gona not work towards a solution to my problem but pray instead.

Oh not to mention until the Cardassian's came they were still using a bullshit slave like caste system.

>Bigger than the Sovereign class.

Jesus fuck what.

Also Kira was a fucking Terrorist who killed her own people, and despite having an episode to give her some empathy where she found out her own mother was forced to work for the cardys as a pleasure girl still came out of it with no basic empathy for other bajorans who were forced to work with the cardys either.

Kira a shit, mirror lesbian kira a shit.

It gets better.

There's an Excalibur on the top-left.

Dude, the Sovereign isnt that big, its only slightly longer then a galaxy but has WAY less internal volume.

...And what exactly is The Compensator there actually called?

>50k
More like 500k. Bajoran culture has been around for longer than modern H. sapiens have even existed.
That's stagnation for you. Though not as bad as the Voth, who have been in the DQ for at least 20 MILLION years and haven't even ascended yet. Or have they?