Rifts and Savage Rifts General

Savage Rifts, Palladium Rifts and Savage Worlds in general.

RIFTS RESOURCES: txt.do/58m2k

Combat Sex-Borg Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qlzQK79FqZM
www71.zippyshare.com/v/53Smd77D/file.html
www4.zippyshare.com/v/UKTbIQQO/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You are good people.

Then what happened?

Anyone know if there are any other digital releases left for the Savage Rifts kickstarter before the physical books come?

>Then what happened?
youtube.com/watch?v=qlzQK79FqZM

>Splugorth Full Conversion Borg Dating a Blind Warrior Woman

I prefer Savage Rifts over Palladium Rifts in almost every way but man, classic Rifts had waaaay better Altara babes.

NEW SAVAGE RIFTS BOOKS ARCHIVE:

Now with Archetypes Set 1 & 2 and the 22/8 revisions.

www71.zippyshare.com/v/53Smd77D/file.html

>Altara are all clones
>They reproduce asexually
>tfw you will never have a blind hottie asking you to explain what "sex" is

Why even live?

I wish there was more Rifts fan art.

>You now know that some Altara resist their conditioning, run free in North America and demand to know what sex is.
>The dream can come true.

Actually they can indeed have sex, and even produce young that way.

This one actually isn't fan art. It was commissioned for Shemarrian Nation, but they didn't use it.

That's kind of hilarious.

They did use this one from the same artist.

General Savage Worlds question. I noticed that the target number for unopposed rolls is 4. That seems kinda low to me. Is failure that rare of an occurrence in this game? Would it hurt anything if I bumped it up a little bit?

Try playing the game as written friend, don't be "that gm" who has to nit pick and change every little thing before he even plays the game.

Do you salt your food before you taste it?

Keep in mind that lots of things can affect even an unopposed roll, like situational penalties, range, darkness, and the like.

But mostly has the right of it. Don't go tinkering with the system until you've played it straight a few times. Savage Worlds is a system that runs better than it reads.

Those are high school tier shit. How the mighty have fallen from the heights of Parkinson, Long and Zeleznik.

There are a lot of penalties and they add up. Don't change it.

>dat rifts plagiarism

According to the revised Sourcebook One, the Altara were originally human. Modified into what they are with bio-wizardly. Think they're human enough to get magic tattoos?

They are in my game now!

>The original Palladium to Savage Rifts conversion file
>Probably stolen by Pinnacle and Sean Patrick Fannon
>Erron “Bo” Whitten owns this idea (Copyright © 2003)
>lol

There's repeated mention of cyberpunk elements in Rifts. Has anyone ever run a cyberpunk game in this setting? Does it do the classic "cyberspace/wired reflexes/megacorporations" tropes well?

That headgear *almost* looks like a Gear VR.

They could not possibly have chosen a worse system to reboot Rifts than Savage Worlds. I mean, it's hard to pick a system worse than Savage Worlds in the first place. In terms of generic systems there are FAR better options: GURPS, Cortex, and FATE, to name a few.

Savage Worlds takes a decent core mechanic and lumps on a shitty wild die that is arbitrarily assigned because "muh plot" and fills the character with bennies that require the player to know all of their uses to use effectively. Not to mention, Benny effectiveness is heavily dependent on session length, so if you don't play the recommended 4 to 6 hours the game becomes wildly unbalanced.

The game is full of garbage trap options like in 3.5, the chargen is basically minmaxing Flaws like in GURPS except worse, shotguns are brokenly powerful giving a flat +2 to hit which in this system is basically only missing on a 1. They also do broken-ass damage because of exploding dice. The exploding dice also turn combat into a slogfest occasionally punctuated by someone actually dying; usually from a fucking ridiculous amount of damage.

I played Savage Worlds for a good three years now. Never will play it again, it is an arsed system that is half narrative bullshit, half autistic wargame, and entirely terrible.

Oh Boy CopyPasta from yesterday.

Yeah but you can't refute a single word from it therefore you have no choice but to suck its dick.

Why would I, it was all refuted yesterday.

Here let me help you.

>They could not possibly have chosen a worse system to reboot Rifts than Savage Worlds.

I disagree, I feel it's the best fit, especially compared to GURPS or Fate

>a shitty wild die that is arbitrarily assigned because "muh plot"

Uhhh ok?

>bennies that require the player to know all of their uses to use effectively.

All three uses, trait rerolls, soaks and removing shaken.

>Not to mention, Benny effectiveness is heavily dependent on session length, so if you don't play the recommended 4 to 6 hours the game becomes wildly unbalanced.

How so? Rerolls, soaks and shaken all exist in short sessions and long ones.

>The game is full of garbage trap options like in 3.5,

Hyperbole, obviously. Has a fraction of the options as 3.5 and only a few of the options could be considered traps.

>the chargen is basically minmaxing Flaws like in GURPS except worse,

Hindrances, of which you only get a payoff for selecting 3 in total. 1 major and 2 minor for some good benefits at character creation. So, again, a completely small amount vs the game you're comparing it too.

>shotguns are brokenly powerful giving a flat +2 to hit which in this system is basically only missing on a 1.

A bonus to hit isn't really rare, and hitting things in the first place isn't hard. In fact I find you rarely miss in savage worlds. The challenge is overcoming toughness, not parry, or a TN of 4.

>They also do broken-ass damage because of exploding dice. The exploding dice also turn combat into a slogfest.

I generally find the opposite to be true, killing things faster makes the combat faster.

Ah, beat me to it then. In that case I'll delete

I would like to Add with Shotguns, Yes you get a +2 to hit, to represent the spread of the buckshoot. At Short Range its 3d6 damage, at medium range it's 2d6 and -1 to hit, and at Long Its 1d6 and -2 to hit.

You can opt to use slugs, Damage Becomes a Straight 2d10 but you lose the +2, but no longer suffer damage loss over range, you are still -1 and -2 at medium, and long to hit as well.

The technological parts of Japan are full on cyberpunk. Including rival corporations using tech-ninja to perform covert operations against each other.

In North America, the lower levels of Chi-Town is probably the best location for a cyberpunk feel. That's the natural habitat of City Rats and Cyber-Docs.

Hacking is normally just a skill roll. Though the Machine Ghost psi power is very similar to decking. Basically the psychic astral projects their mind into the computer.

what's the one thing you've always wanted to have in a game but never got? I'm still salty my and my group never went to Mexico for some vampire hunting

If you think that's bad, you clearly haven't seen what they did for the cover of Rifts Black Market.

And yet the content wasn't THAT bad at least.

Yeah the content and interior art is fine/good, C.Walton and Amy have some cool stuff in there but man fuck whoever did that cover and fuck whoever looked at that work and said "nailed it" and fuck whoever approved it. Its so fucking ugly.

I have never been in the Burbs or to any major city. Its always frontier towns or homebrew towns and outposts. I really wanna do a full cyberpunk gang warfare game entirely in the Burbs someday, either with a lot of picking and choosing allowable stuff in Rifts or using Savage Rifts with Interface Zero.

I'm running a savage rifts game online set in Lone Star. I'm taking a few liberties and making it a near mega city. I used a picture from the walled city as atmosphere. The entire first session had the players trying to enter the city.

A game set in Atlantis. It's one of the best parts of the setting, but my group has never gone there.

1) d6 is "average human," making success a 50% chance. That's not that great of odds.

2)Even in supers and Rifts, where people have d12s in the stuff they are good at, they still have a 25% chance of failure. When you get to the d12+ is when they start owning everything.

3)Even then, people will fail plenty.

4)The game is based in a pulp concept. Players are heroes. They are supposed to succeed overall.

Yeah, me too. Even the few times I managed to play Rifts, we were never powerful enough and didn't have the right equipment/motivations to go there, but I've always wanted to visit, just not as a slave.

Okay which book is that from?

Arzno.

What characters are y'all playing? Is the Glitter Boy popular?

I don't see how this is overpowered unless ALL your combats are at short range for some bizarre reason.

>altara can produce offspring
[citation needed]

>I don't see how this is overpowered unless

I wasn't saying it was, I was explaining how the actual rules work, and self balance.

>>altara can produce offspring
I may be wrong about this, but I remember reading it, that while they primarily reproduce asexually, all the equipment for sexual reproduction are still there an function.

Nothing ATM, was playing a Grackletooth Operator, but that game went on hiatus. Getting ready to run the Garnet Town Gambit adventure using Savage Rifts currently.

Doesn't seem so

Well they cant reproduce but they still got the gear to have sex at least.

>gear to have sex
>superhuman strength and abilities
>great sex but you might not survive the whole night

>just like in those [Pe-ta] doujins

Oh yeah, also never played in any place other than Rifts Earth, I think a wormwood game would be pretty cool, at least for a while.

Are you the same guy who keeps insisting that railgun damage isn't absurdly high and GMs should just be handing out 50 bennies a session?

>Red Hawk has a literal hawk head.
>Triax Predator has weird laser claw arm.
>We'll never get a generic black market SAMAS for use by starting players.

Why do you need a specific one written for you? Write it yourself, or just use the same stats and say it was stolen and sold on the black market?

Bandito Arms Sidewinder and Wild Weasel SAMAS' - World Book 14: New West

Need some more Rifts landscape art.

Rifts needs more walled towns I think.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are special Golden Age construction gear that let you pour fullerite as if it was concrete, surrounding cities with mega-damage fortifications.

Anyone have the horror supplement for savage worlds? Couldn't find it in the mega upload

I'm almost certain it is, but here ya go anyways. Enjoy!
www4.zippyshare.com/v/UKTbIQQO/file.html

Thanks for the fast response; you, sir, are awesome.

Death by Snu-Snu, I'm ok with that.

This man is an exemplar of everything Veeky Forums is and aspires to be.

That's a cool idea, and probably the one thing that even allows human settlements to survive in a world with aliens, demons and a guy with a laser pistol who could level a whole block with a single shot.

Man, I have a lot of Rifts maps.

>usually like weird, over-the-top shit
>Rifts just fails to draw me in for some reason

I think the overly autistic rule-set that just makes me tl;dr
Savage Rifts may be slightly less autistic but it's also kinda dull.

Am I weird for wishing spider skull walkers were slightly more "spider tank"-like?

>Rifts needs more walled towns I think.
I've always assumed that most towns in Rifts are walled. Not sure how much that's actually supported by the fluff. But it seems like a settlement would need some sort of fortification to last long on Rifts Earth.

Seems a reasonable assumption, though annoyingly not backed up in many books I've seen. Usually "towns" are just a few small buildings.

Looking at that pic reminds me of another thing.

If radio communication is so unreliable, why doesn't the CS or Northern Gun manufacture a a flying drone to carry data slugs?

A robo-bird the size of a small hawk could probably carry three or four thumb drives and cover six hundred miles in a day.

So I'm looking through Dinosaur Swamps and it keeps mentioning mutants but doesn't give any stats. Does anyone know any mutant RCCs besides the Psi-Stalker?

Do you want to create an easily identifiable robot that everyone is going to know is carrying high-value data, fying over uncontrolled enemy territory?

Especially when they can do things like cast spells or telepathically take control of machines?

South America 2 has a bunch of Mutant RCC's

I got some.

Well there is the Mutant Barbarian RCC in Dinosaur Swamp.

The Madhaven book has several mutant RCCs, but they're particular to that location, rarely venturing out of the Manhattan ruins.

You should also bear in mind that Rifts terminology includes genetically engineered creatures under the umbrella of "mutant." Dog Boys and other engineered animal people are often referred to as mutant animals.

How would the Coalition attempt to annex Northern Gun into it's empire?

Just move north, bribe or buy out selected elements in NG's military, or just offer to buy the whole of Northern Gun. It's a company, after all. The CS already has control of Tolkeen's former territory, and a standing army that could flatten NG. The only reasons they wouldn't are stated in the books as being a) "not worth it" and b) "wait until later for various reasons".

>a flying drone to carry data slugs?
What do mean by 'slugs' and usb sticks? Do you mean flying data relays? That's not a bad idea, but it's my understanding that ley line storms, rifts, magnetic storms, atmospheric interference, aerial demons & monsters and the orbiting killsats give anything airborne a very short life expectancy (irrespective of altitude). The CS builds buried fibre optic landlines that are much more resistant to wandering monsters and environmental conditions than anything flying. That's how the major CS cities are connected.

They look very spider-like to me already. Unless you don't like giant skulls on them, but it's supposed to be a combo between spiders and skulls.

>CAPTCHA was: 1500 Altura
>sure, I'll take them, how much?

It's more about making them more tank like. Picture a walking tank with a flatter slightly skull like turret.

Rifts mecha & vehicles need three modern things that they seem to lack in both Palladium and Savage Rifts, in terms of game mechanics:

1. Sensor rating,
2. Active Camouflage.
3. Active protection systems.

Sensors should be statted (d4, d6, d8, etc.), not just mentioned, since in-game it's hard to adjudicate whether a radar can find someone within a building, even if in range. A Sensor Rating should substitute for the Notice skill in Savage Rifts.

Active camouflage systems should replace the pilot's Stealth skill as well (d4, d6, etc.).

APS is a countermeasure whereby a tank under attack by missiles/RPGs fires a very fast counter-volley of shrapnel or small shot to destroy the incoming fire. It's very popular on modern tanks and other vehicles and should be standard on all Golden Age-era weapon platforms. It should probably be modelled like an auto-parry in the game, available once per turn.

Your world your rules, make it happen captain.

Yeah neither Rifts or SW are very specific on what all these sensor packages actually do for you.

I'd make a Sensor Rating really simple:

d4 - Body Armor FEP packages.
d6 - Power Armor or Small Vehicles (eg, hovercycles)
d8 - Scout/Recon Power Armor or Robot Armor.
d10 - Scout/Recon Robot Armor or Large Vehicle.
d12 - Specialized recon platforms/alien supertech/spaceships.

Did anyone compile a table for Armor for Savage Worlds yet? It's a fucking glaring omission in the player's guide and annoying as hell to compare body/power/robot armor.

>Savage Worlds
^Savage Rifts, not Worlds.

Just whipped this up for you, doesn't have the powers and special bonuses though.

The latest version of the Savage Rifts players guide doesn't have such a list. Frankly, I think there's been so many changes from version to version that there's hesitation by both the developers and players to come up one.

You are a sweetheart, thanks!

>captcha: 4500 mesones
>all yours!