Stannis the Mannis Edition

Stannis the Mannis Edition

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mellon-collie-and-the-infinite-sedris-edh/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/i-dont-have-many-friends-lets-make-some/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/20-08-16-lets-get-weird/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/23-08-16-isamaru-voltron/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/24-08-16-death-and-taxes/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/hanna-banana-3/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>last general had Sword of Fire and Ice talk
>look up foil prices for the hell of it

How the fuck did the MM version of all things end up being the expensive one? Did people want it to match the other swords that badly? Just like I did?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mellon-collie-and-the-infinite-sedris-edh/

Think new Grenzo would have a place in an aggressive-looking deck like this?

>doesn't give snow-covered landwalk

>Doesn't do 2 damage to target creature you control

Yo I'm making a hippo hug deck and need a second opinion on it. My meta is fairly casual, as in most of my opponents are using lightly altered precons.

List: tappedout.net/mtg-decks/i-dont-have-many-friends-lets-make-some/

>new deck is set to jet for this weekend
>either going to smash some shit in or crash and burn horribly

>Ordered the last few spicy pieces for my deck 2 weeks ago
>shipping time is 6-10 days
>it's still not here

Shit, that's some spicy tech for my Krenko deck.

You do raise good points. I dunno. I guess when I think of "competitive" in the context of MTG, I think of brutal netdecks piloted by people who just don't engage with you when they play unless they have to. I've played against that, and it's awful, not for me at all. I like good natured shit-talk and having fun. But the decks in my group do have a cohesive game plan, and not just piles of stuff that happens to fit the color identity.

Like i mean, you do get the occasional deck that's not designed to win, just aggravate people until they gang up on you to end their frustrations, but that's hardly the norm.

>Live nearby a massive card shop/ gaming cafe
>Can drive ten minutes out of work and pick up cards
>Never shall I know this pain
>And it feels good

Seattle is lovely.

Thoughts on my list?
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/20-08-16-lets-get-weird/

card kingdom?

I actually ordered an entire EDH deck from them at one time. It had USPS tracking and everything.

Then the tracking says it was delivered to my mailbox, but it wasn't. I waited for two days and its status hasn't changed and I still don't see it on my mailbox.

I even made calls to the USPS about the missing package, and after being put in hold for almost 3 hours (no exaggeration) they just told me they will investigate it.

I contacted Card Kingdom and told them the story, and at first they told me if it got mixed up in the mail with my neighbors, and more likely a neighbor will turn up with the package. I told them that's highly unlikely since I live in an apartment complex with 100+ tenants.

After hearing my story, they immediately shipped me a new EDH deck with the same contents and quality. I never found out what happened with the first package.

Moral of the story is, CK is pretty good on their customer service, but their prices are as expensive as Starcity Games and ChannelFireball. If I were to choose out of those 3, I would pick CK.

yea buddi

Do you get to play EDH with random people there?

Recently picked up pic related because I enjoy playing very fair commanders and not drawing immediate hate. I've never played Grixis colors before. Any tips for this dude? Urborg, Tomb of Yawg is obvious.

What decks you guys running these days, any favorites?

Since i lack basic editing skills
Mimeoplasm-Gr/Blu/Bla Secret Eldrazi deck made to either ramp into eldrazi domination or pull out Newzilek to lock the board down while he swings away. Runs both versions of Ulamog/Kozilek and new Emerkul for ultimate titan crushing.

Gissa- Mono-black zombie tribal. Relies upon zombie swarming and graveyard control to fill the field up and turn shit sideways. also the usual black dickery aka kill spells everywhere.

Geralf- Mono-blue mill deck with a hint of zombie power. Mills EVERYONE out while slowly building up a zombie army to either act as a wall or just kill things when the milling strat doesnt work out. otherwise, just the usual control/mill you expect outta blue.

I honestly don't trust random people. I build shit like Mono R Barbarians with Lovisa Coldeyes. And Rosheen Meanderer.

A significant amount of randoms I've played with break out some BUG deck or worse over Mono U with Azami/Teferi. Often with decks whose value is worth more than them.

I may have just been unbiased but I prefer my playgroup.

Unlucky*. Not unbiased

I made an Isamaru EDH aiming for Voltron but I feel like it doesn't have enough draw or any good ways to get my stuff back from the graveyard other than Elixir of Immortality. What are some good artifacts or white cards that let me draw? Good ones that let me get stuff back from my graveyard? Link to deck here:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/23-08-16-isamaru-voltron/

Scroll Rack + Land Tax will make any Blue Mage weep with jealousy over the amount of CA it provides. Admittedly, it's not light on the wallet.

You should make this deck cost $1979 in paper.

your deck is very susceptible to Edicts (forced sacrifice)

I would suggest some minor investment in a token subtheme to provide a buffer as well as a use for Mentor of the Meek

Why is Talrand evidently so popular a commander? Cool effect and all, but still.

Howling Mine, Minds Eye, Staff of Nin, and Mentor of the Meek come to mind when talking about white card draw.

Because mono blue is literally just a spell slinger color. I played a 1v1 against a Talrand control variant with my Azusa and he had 5-6 drakes our turn 5 consistently. That much evasion damage is superbly consistent and devastating if you don't have a way to deal with it.

Assault suit my dude

I actually already have Scroll Rack so shelling out for Land Tax won't hurt that much.
Do you think there's something that prevents sacrifice effects? I honestly don't know what I'd remove to add enough token gen to make it significant enough. Right now I'm relying on having at least one or two dudes out and making them monsters. I'm normally a tokens G player anyway so I wanted to try something new.

>something that prevents sacrifice effects

Assault Suit is good, I'll add that. And its an equipment so I can fetch it with my tutors.

It's a shame that you can't run Red. Magnetic Theft has saved my Ruhan deck more time than I'd like to admit.

>Doomblade Ruhan
>In response! I steal your boots!
>What

First real $$ Edh deck, I want it to be as competetive as possible for being Athreos and Taxes. Any spicy techs for BW?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/24-08-16-death-and-taxes/

Alright, think I've got it figured out. Assault suit, and Nim Deathmantle both seem good. I'm already getting rid of Terminus, Armageddon and Ethereal Armor, I need to get rid of two more cards. Suggestions?

at least get a Kemba/Brimaz, they can be back up conditions if Doge get's hated off too hard

Who's your favorite mono-blue commander to play?

My buddy I see regularly has a Kemba deck that ain't bad. I wanna run my dog versus hit cat, nawmsayin? Brimaz doesn't seem too bad, though.

you have 11 Auras

get a retether/replenish

maybe even Open the vaults since you're also doing equip voltron

Holy shit where the fuck is your Sun Titan??

I finally pulled off a Goblin Game. The look of confusion on everybody's faces when they were trying to figure out what to do was great. I didn't even win, but that made it all worth while.

and don't forget his best friend

another source of dubs for your commander

and 8 of your auras can be reduced in cost by this sexy motherfucker

I don't understand why Spectra Ward is so good.

Where the fuck *is* my Sun Titan?

That looks good, too. I still need to remove at least two more cards from my list, I'm afraid I don't have enough lands.

Can confirm, getting burned at the stake for 300+ damage fueled by an out of control Krenko sucks.

it's good for decks that never want to actually cast it (Bruna)
I posted it cause it's pretty but it wouldn't be amazing in your deck, especially with Godsend in the 99. Pic related is the far superior Ward

Man, I also fancy Sol'kanar. I'm building castingshitfrommygraveyard.deck
With things like Secrets of the Dead, River Kelpie, Havengul Lich, Burning Vengeance, retrace cards, etc.
Plus a bunch of cheap counterspells like Swan Song to deal with graveyard hate.

remove the medallion IMO. You won't have the cards to be getting huge value off it in monoW

Sigardas aid if you arent already

One last question and I think I've got my list nailed. Do Archangel of Tithes or Emeria Shepherd really have a good place in this deck? Archangel just seems meh and Emeria is really high CMC for its ability when one of my equipments/enchants/Sun Titan will do the job.

Tithes I haven't had much work with so can't say. Sun Titan is a White Staple especially when your Commander and all his toys are within fetch range. That being said, I've seen some stupid things go off with Emeria and multiple plains entering on the same turn (Burnished Hart into two plains, rezzing Hart and Suntitan who gets another plains, etc )

another argument for a token subtheme: free [1W + tapping this land really] spell with your land when you attack with 3+

or it could be as simple as this

Most people just use the event rulings, which boils down to dice rolling. Unfortunately. :/

I have a Brimaz as a commander; I have Kemba in the deck, as well as two Ajani. I have another cat (can't remember the name) that gives me 2 life for every creature I put out; I was able to ult Ajani, gain 40+ cat tokens and 80+ life.

Kitty deck is best deck.

Though dog deck sounds cool too.

The very same. The deck is quite fun and it plays a little differently each time since my spells are more varied and I don't run any tutors outside of Fabricate (and even then the artifacts are varied enough that there's never really a "typical" option like in my other decks).

Thoughts on Deal Broker? I feel like a colorless looter with a reasonable body is something that could smooth out basically any deck. Strictly better than rummaging goblin in things like red artifact decks, but also useful in anything with even some raveyard recursion. In my dragons deck, he gets big fatties I don't need early into the yard to reanimate later. In my Karametra deck, he's a way to get Glory into the raveyard and gives Sun Titan, Emeria and Emeria Shepherd something to do. Not to mention the weight he pulls in decks with dredge. Do you guys play him?

He's nothing amazing but he's a very streamlined, efficient card draw. Doesn't go in every deck but he's nice to have imo.

What are some good decks for my boy Deranged Hermit?

UGx flicker cancer deck.

Gahiji, Marath, Roon, Rhys, Thromok, Ghave, Sek Kuar, Azusa, Ezuri the Claw, Karador
Also be sure to pair him with Cryptolith Rite.

New pucatrade site is a piece of shit. Can't even use it.

Pucatrade was always shit.

Just got my new Skeleton Ship deck today, one my first game with it. Won by milling the other guys oddly enough with Jace. Anyone else run a SS deck, thoughts? W/L ratio? Fun?

Leovold, Emissary of Trest is going to make waves in French.

Pourquoi?

It's super strong and comboes with simple lands. And you know, it's BUG. Tutors for everything, Intuition packages, Primeval Titan, removal for everything, the works.

And it draws you cards when somebody tries to Waste/Duress you.

>t1 Sol Ring into Nul Rod

"It's okay guys, don't attack me!"

Read the post again.

you absolute madman

The best part was that that swamp was my only land. I was playing Mishra.

Gonna build Dralnu because fuck it why not he looks cool and some of the talk about him last thread got me excited

Is he just pure control?

Yes, we read the same post. I'm just saying, t1 Sol Ring paints a target on your head. Null Rod is see above, if one is charitable.

Last night I played duel commander (without banlist) against a friend I was piloting Sharuum, he was playing Arcanis.
I kept a Hand with the only land being cabal coffers but alongside with it I had Sol Ring, Dimir Signet, Sculpting Steel, Isochron Scepter and Telling Time.
After being mana screwed the first 2 rounds I managed to catch up and the game went for about 2 hours without any of us really gaining the upper hand before he managed to combo off and defeat me.

>duel commander (without banlist)

Think it through one more time.

How were you mana screwed?
>t1 coffers, ring, signet
Seriously.

Alright, I'll have to guide you step by step.

Picture that, turn 1, everybody's thinking they're going to enjoy a nice long game of politics and backstabbing.

Then that one guy goes nuclear, and pulls the trigger on the turn 1 Sol Ring, everyone else is starting to look meaningfully at each other.

"This guy needs to die before he goes and Armag our stuff."

But Nuclear Boy isn't stupid, it knows the huge target he has painted on his head. He holds priority after the resolution, and uses his Sol Ring to ensure nobody, including himself, will be able to bypass the gentleman's arrangement.

Yes, I know he was probably stupid, I just enjoyed that scenario in my head. But be snotty some more to me, I enjoyed writing that.

+grammar obviously

Fucking sleep deprivation.

Maybe Coffers was his only land.

Do you not get how Null Rod interacts with Sol Ring?

I though I remembered coffers tapping for B as well. Guess that's just because it's usually out with Urborg. Disregard my stupidity.

Jesus, you're super dense. Yes, I know Null Rod makes it impossible to activate Sol Ring. Now read again.

Oh God you maniac

Why

At first it seemed like you were being super sarcastic with "it's okay guys don't attack me" Sorry, I've been sitting in a hot room for most of today, I may have a bit of heat stroke. I liked your story.

as I wrote coffers was my only land and it doesn't tap for black.
cabal cofers states
{2}, {T}: Add B to your mana pool for each swamp you control
Urborg taps for B

Sometimes I don't think through things properly.

Like I said in I messed up remembering what Coffers does.

Since magiccards.info is still behind on sets, should we consider using magicdex.com as a replacement in the OP pasta?

What's up with that, anyway?

it's alright, no front.

I've been working on a Hanna deck, and it's kind of neat and does well enough in playtesting, but I could always use some suggestions to make it better.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/hanna-banana-3/

It's run by one guy I believe, he's been behind before

I just like the high quality card scans and interface

Yeah. UB is very much a control color set. Kills, bounce, discard, counters

Maybe try Zombie Infestation to fill your yard and get tokens, then use Dralnu to flashback the spells you discard

Also try massive raid

What is your experience with Entreat the angels?
Just bought a FTV foil.

What's the worst commander in the format?