MTG LGC General Thread

I am very happy over conspiracy 2 (Even though I own my old school S&T Playset) the printing of S&T will help new players start their Sneak and Show Decks.

WotC printed Sneak Attack in Eternal Masters.

Their are many other reprints in Conspiracy II that will help modern (specifically IoK, and Serum Visions) and Legacy.

>What is your favorite reprint?
Berserk (G). Honestly Legacy infect players needed some reprint love.

>What card will dominate legacy (non reprint)?
Sanctum Prelate (Chalice on a stick) is a going to be a bitch. Decks might have to start playing sudden shock (Instant, Split Second, 1R) to beat that card.

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/post-prelate-ddft/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ubr-tezzewelder/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Stunt Double is a clone upgrade.

>FLASH
>FLASH

I see your emrakul and raise you an Emrakul. I see massive annoying beater, and raise you a copy for me to do degenerate things also.

Would it even be that advantageous to Stunt Double a Promised End Emrakul? They'd still control your next turn. Can it copy Aeons Torn Emrakul (I'm thinking it might, as O-Ring can target AT because it isn't a spell when its effect resolves)? If it does copy AT, who gets to take the first extra turn?

Cast trigger so you wouldn't get it. Clones only grab etb effects and can get around the protection

>flash in an emrakul
>they untap and attack with it

yeah? what's your point

lol nm

Still playing Miracles. Still enjoying it. Eldrazi is a retarded deck though since apparently it's acceptable for a deck to consistently Chalice for 1 on turn 1. It's like Countertop except only requires 1 card and doesn't need mana or a setup, and doesn't affect your own deck in the least.

Yeah because asymmetrical chalice for 1-4 UU is so much fairer and not banworthy am I right?

3 mana 2/2 that draws 3 cards on cast is so much fairer, I agree.

I thought Berserk was on the reserve list?

Not sure my Veeky Forums tourney opponent saw my response before the last thread got archived. I will be online, ready and willing to play tonight starting around 5 EST. I apologize for being neglectful of the tourney but i've been mad busy.

>re: sanctum prelate
It's a scary card for sure but I don't think it's going to be quite the format warper I originally thought it would be. 3 Mana can be a lot, especially on the draw. Combo decks are already getting under thalia sometimes. Prelate is even easier to just get under. Likely there will be some initial meta flux leaning heavily towards dnt, people will adjust sideboards, and things settle back out. The trick will be diversifying the cmc of your removal spells.

This is how I'm thinking i'll change things post-conspiracy, at least initially.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/post-prelate-ddft/
Basically taking a page out of ANT's sideboard playbook. Not sure how I feel about only 2 basics main. Fire//Ice in the board might be too cute, and I might cut it and move the top back to the board so I can have an extra basic main and the option of going up to 18 lands vs decks with LD. Flusterstorms are something I've been wanting to try for a while. Helps against blue decks and faster combo.

which fucking card are you talking about..

I think it's shardless agent into ancestral vision. Took me a solid 10 minutes to figure out.

1WW is hard to cast. Vialing in doesn't counter already cast spell. Dies to every removal in game.

I honestly don't think it's as good as some people think it is. It's not fast enough against delver or storm and delver should be able to come back from it. And I don't see how it's such a bomb against other decks to be honest.

DnT will probably play 1 or maybe even 2 at max, I guess?

When it folds to any counterspell because FoWing opposing permission just to make sure vision resolves is plus minus zero since 2/2 on the field can be counted as nothing, yeah. Then there's the fact that it doesn't always hit vision. And then there's the fact that running agent basically prevents you from playing spell pierce, snare, and counterspell.

It dies to any removal that doesn't have the cmc they chose. Using it to blank removal could be pretty strong in fair matchups, and it can lock out combo if the game goes long enough. But if people just diversify their removal cmc's a bit I don't think it will be a big issue. It might not even come to that, because cars might probe less impactfull than many anticipate.

>build storm
>tease brother about getting a legacy deck
>has a warped view of what legacy is like
>thinks storm goes off turn 1-2 every time
>seems a bit sour
>suggest he build DnT
>give overview of the deck
>mention relative affordability
>doesn't show much interest
>until I mention it buttfucks storm
>now he's pricing out the deck

Welp, made my bed.

>until I mention it buttfucks storm
In what world? Thalia or bust and TES can just win g1 regardless. After boarding 4 Decays storm is favored as fuck even if they don't get the kill by turn 2.

I was exaggerating but it is certainly an unflavored match up. Even post board.

Not for TES.

Aight then. I don't play TES so maybe you could extol it's virtues over ANT for me?

Speed in matchups where it's relevant (eg. 14 goblins t1 Belcher style vs decks without wipes) with 10 maindeck business spells (tutors+etw+ad nauseam) and faster mana, better Ad Nauseams (basically cannot lose after resolving one) with lower curve and Chrome Moxen, wish package for better game 1s vs random lock pieces and hatebears, synergy between etw+cabal therapy. Basically it can go under everything DNT can throw at it or just wish for grapeshot, wipe board and go off 1-2 turns later.

>start to get into legacy
>like the idea of dnt
>watch gp prague
>enevoldsen vs togores
>storm t1 kill
>dnt wins g2
>storm t2 kill

welp.jpg

Sounds pretty sick. I love the idea of a wish board. Any negatives I should be aware of?

Just looked it up. Guess I need to git gud.

Empty doesn't always get there so basically the Miracles matchup, also topdecked engineered explosives/golgari charm/deluge. The deck has a harder time doing Tendrils for 20 without mb PiF and cabal rituals and because Burning Wish exiles itself.

Which one of you guys is the Italian player playing Doomsday on the EU xmage server?

DnT started to mainboard spirit of the labyrinth and such cards solely because storm is so horrible matchup as vanilla for it.

Clearly the fault is on Miracles here.

sorry, i didnt get this joke(?)

Don't worry, DnT will get better creatures after friday.
Anyway, TES probability to win G1 is not even that high

DnT has a TERRIBLE matchup against storm tho. DnT literally can't do anything relevant against storm till t2.

that Veeky Forums is bad at magic and won't stop complaining about how averything is wrong cause they don't know how to play against miracles. Anyways, playing countertop is one of the most orgasmic sensations anybody can have.

Yeah creatures that dont join the party until t3. Keep telling yourself that.

And rarely anything after t2 on g1 if going blind on match.

>it's a wizards fucks over dredge even though it's already struggling episode

How to beat storm:
T1 Land+Led+Faithless+Discard golgari grave troll+flashback faithless+flashback cabal therapy sacrificing narcomeba

>not starting with breakthrough
pssh
Although a friend of mine once got me with surgical on my only dredger.

T1 Land petal petal breakthrough breakthrough breakthrough

>>sorcery

With land+2 petals he can cast the first breakthrough for 1, leaving the second breakthrough in hand and casting it off the land.

Conspiracy 2: A Better Eternal Masters for Half the Price

Who /Dredge/ here

He clearly implied wanting to cast all three in one go.

/toolatetobuyLEDssostuckonmanalessdredge/ here

Also, Reanimator

does conspiracy even have something for dredge?

Preach it.

No main combo finish?

>he went for Quad Lazer Dredge
I like you a lot. Fearless.

I run mainboard FKZ as a target and three options in the side.

And no, it doesn't. Most recent "card" we got was Prized Amalgam; I've seen it in some lists.

It's unnecessary since there are no prison decks in my meta and even if there were diluting your main deck just to beat said decks decreases your overall win percentages, makes mulligans worse etc, even the 13/13 grave-troll is academic in most game 1s when you have 8-10 power worth of zombies on a good t1-t2 with therapies. Cabal Therapy destroys combo that isn't Belcher which non one besides me plays around here. Joseph Moreno and co runs 3 petals in the sb to race combo but given the consistency of the quad build you can just stick in the reanimation package and it'll almost surely etb on turn 2 (1 with the nuts) if you don't mulligan to oblivion.
The claims are a concession to cages and Leylines, especially against Eldrazi which mulligans pretty aggressively for those so it's not completely fearless. The Journey is more against opposing graveyard decks and storm since your opponent's extraction usually lands t1 when you're tapped out.

PA is probably better in Force of Will lists, as an extra playset of blue cards to pitch. To be fair, I've only seen those in manaless builds though.

Some regular Dredge lists run 1-2 Amalgams (sometimes just in the board) to have more recurring threats and dodge Surgical Extraction on Ichorid slowing the game way down.

And then what, block with their own Emrakul?

By Quad Lazer I meant your mainboard is just 4 of everything without Dread Returns. Tell me about Memory's Journey please, is it any good? What do you target with it?

So obviously the simplest option is just flashback G and shuffle target card in your gy to your deck: Counter target Surgical Extraction - Extraction fizzles since the target's no longer there. Against Storm you either sit on it in your hand and if they don't duress/cabal therapy you, you target their business spells in their yard when they try to go off via Past in Flames. For instance they float 1 black, cast pif, in response memory's journey their Dark Ritual, Infernal Tutor and something else (Tendrils?). Without extra draw they now have nothing and you untap and kill them. If it's milled in your yard you just leave 1 rainbow land up and they have to go off via tutor chain or natural Tendrils without relying on the yard. Same deal vs Reanimator. Probably the most tech play you can do with it is just shuffle sacrificed Narcos from your yard back to your deck if your opponent has nothing but you need more things in play (maybe because your Ichorid already ate an Extraction?). It also shrinks down Tarmogoyfs, shuffles back Bridge from Belows if your opponent seppuku's their own dude etc. The only problem with it is the cmc of 2 from your hand, which can be hard to come by espeically after a Wasteland.

I like the fact that some cards are getting reprints at Uncommon, cards that probably shouldn't cost as much as they do, such as Visions and Beast Within.

Hate the fact that IoK is getting a reprint at rare though, most of the cards in the set are over 3CMC so why not make it uncommon?

This set is basically Eternal Masters' cutting room floor.

>Mfw getting a playset of Enlightened Tutors for under $20

Is it a bad idea to build Parfait? I've always loved the idea of a deck full of Silver Bullets.

Me nigga

I like idea of SW but 4 of that instead of Pimps is a little weird
I like all the big targets in the SB though, I think that's the best way to run a SB

Build a RW prison deck.

Street Wraith wrecks DRS too hard to pass. In my experience LEDs and the loot spells (hell even therapy yourself) is enough discard I think (if you're on the draw you can also just DDD if there's no DRS and follow up with a loot spell) and the 2 power beats are rarely what matters. Wraith also speeds the deck up vs combo without petals, freeing up slots for countermeasures vs fair decks.

I think there's a guy here which plays it but the deck a fine. It isn't dually swamped by step becuase it's pretty under the radar and it can be fun if that's what you like

Usually swamped by hate* because it's pretty under the radar

Sorry, my phone doesn't like real sentences ever since I dropped it.

Who here /burn/?
The fairest deck in the format

do you guys play legacy on mtgo? what do you think?

Yeah that's totally true, it just seems like if your main discard outlets are LED and Breakthrough you'd have a problem where you'd discard the SW when you start to go off making it pointless anyway, where as pimps can be played on 1 and then used continually. Against other combo I've just brought in Petals + Iona and the deck was quick enough to take out anything else, Therapy rips through people's hands. SW just seems like a king of awkward win-more card to me that works counter-intuitively with the rest of your deck

You can put the SW cycling on the stack, hold priority and crack LED and then do your thing without losing value.

Shit I forgot how cycling works
Yeah I guess you're right

>Is it a bad idea to build Parfait? I've always loved the idea of a deck full of Silver Bullets.
No, but it's not as great of an idea as it used to be now that Mox Diamonds are $80.

Pic related is my deck. Not the most current list but you get the idea.

Better play Enchantress

fairest but also easily beatable if you know what you are doing

Oh, and here I thought the Scroll Rack was going to be the most expensive part... Also Goblin Charbelcher? I've never seen a Parfait build with that in it before, I thought Charbelcher was mostly just used in its own combo deck.

No but I want to. I'd build Stoneblade because it's such an awesome deck. Even the name is baller.

Shit nigga you're still posting here? I love that list, I almost built that deck because of you.

Burn is my go-to deck right now because I don't have the hard cash to shell out on muh LEDs. I hate that faggot who did the buyout.

>Also Goblin Charbelcher? I've never seen a Parfait build with that in it before, I thought Charbelcher was mostly just used in its own combo deck.
In long grindy games it's good to have a one card wincon to grab with E Tutor. It also allows you to win through Iona (or kill her) if you already have Land Tax out.

Anyone here play Painter?
I love the deck but not sure its viable anymore

Why wouldn't it be? I don't see what would have made it obsolete other than price.

Less BUG decks, more Grixis, Miracles, Eldrazi and Storm running around.

Should I pre-order som sanctum prelate and recruiter of the guards? I'm thinking about it but I'm number too sure if they'd be a good investment

LEDs were always going to blow in price, buyout just made it faster.

It won the Legacy GPT in Finland this year. Seems like the deck did pretty well this year according to mtgtop8.

Posted here a while ago for deck changes and recommendations. I took most of them and I think I'm ready to start playing somewhat competitively, thanks m8s. Don't expect to be amazing but I wouldn't expect to flounder either.

How much is Reanimator anyways?

I think I've put ~$600-$500 into building the deck. Pretty cheap as far as legacy goes.

This depresses me on an emotional level. I won't be able to buy until the end of September, God willing.

Someone on Xmage just played a landless dredge deck with laboratory maniac as his win conditions. He won both games on his first turn. I don't even.

Did it use Azami and Balustrade Spy or Undercity Informer? Cause that's All Spells, which is related to dredge I guess but isn't really a dredge deck.

HOLY SHIT glad I got them when they 100 bucks less.

man i love all spells, its such a raging dickass deck made purely for autists and people who live to piss others off.
its the same reason i ran pox/rack for the longest damn time.
one of these days i will make 4 horsemen and i will walk into a GP with it just to piss everybody off.

He was using Balustrade Spy, but he also had 4 bridge from below so he had tons of zombies on board, too.

If that's All Spells, then what was this deck:
Someone ran a 1mana sorcery that let him draw a card for each creature spell he played this turn, and then his deck was full of 0 mana drops and he kinda puked his library out on the table the first turn. That sounded like an "all spells" deck to me.

I got wrecked by All Spells at SCG Worcester. G1 had a turn 1 kill on the draw and he killed me turn 1 on the play. Got him game 2 because he had a loose hand and I probe/therapied him and got a fast kill. Died turn 1 again game 3.

Glimpse of Nature? Who knows, maybe it was just some dumbass jank combo deck.

If I remember right I think 4 Horsemen is still considered "slow play". I remember hearing something about that earlier.

That's cheerios. It plays land grant and 1 or 2 lands, usually Taiga and Trop. It's a storm deck.

It's Cheeri0s! The combo deck of champions!

Can confirm: Any judge in-the-know will not accept the horsemen combo, and most likely request that you go through the motions for a good minute before they fire off a warning for slow play. I'd say chances are higher that you'll disqualify yourself playing the deck, than that you'll pull of wins.

This flowchart speaks to me.

while true it would still generate immense asshurt if done at a GP.
if i wanted to win a GP i'd go full cancerous and play the most generic version of miracles possible, then i'd steamroll people and people would be pissed it won everything again.

>The bigger, the dumber.
And that is why I play reanimator.

Nice. I love the chanselor tech the BR version runs.

You tell me. When I was about to get LEDS for dredge, I got little bit delayed as postman fucked my mails and lost my dredge cards. After buying the basic core twice I was after LEDs and buyout happened. Sad times.

Lucky me dredge doesn't even need LEDs tho.

>who do you hate
>myself
Are you sure you're feeling all right?

Anyone wanna give feedback/ Been playing this pile online and it's been great. Looking to find some cuts for some Tangle Wires, maybe:
-2 Dack
-2 Talisman
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ubr-tezzewelder/