Thinking about running a game of this, this weekend. Can anyone tell me if it's good or not...

Thinking about running a game of this, this weekend. Can anyone tell me if it's good or not? And also hook me up with the PDFs?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Game_of_Thrones_(role-playing_game),
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Song_of_Ice_and_Fire_Roleplaying
www81.zippyshare.com/v/UboCsKTw/file.html
mediafire.com/folder/o456wmkz6phtl/Books#g4jbcg5w649m8
rapture-pictures.com/Temp/GRR2707e_ASongOfIceAndFireRoleplaying-GameOfThronesEdition.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's bad

The house creation system is nice and that's about it. The rest of the rules were never playtested and it shows. It's much more fun to make things with than to actually run.

Shit, what's something that's not Fate, D&D or Pathfinder I should run this week then?

What setting or type of game do you want to play?

Fantasy, but something different/new for our group.

Could you combined it and Birthright for superior experience?

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (2E)
The Broken World
Burning Wheel
Torchbearer
Nobilis

Oh we tried Burning Wheel once. Great character creation, but we hated the system.
We're a pretty combat heavy group.
We enjoy RP, but we need to kill shit.

How about the old Tri-Stat SIF RPG?

I don't even know what that is. Haha

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Game_of_Thrones_(role-playing_game), as opposed to en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Song_of_Ice_and_Fire_Roleplaying

Savage Worlds?

Either of you bros have and PDFs? They both seem interesting

Back when it first popped up it seemed pretty popular so I imagine there are good things with it.

I find the flaw system to be a neat concept but very very icky for roleplaying.

Ain't got a link unfortunately, shouldn't be hard to find though.

WW8346 A Game of Thrones Deluxe.pdf
www81.zippyshare.com/v/UboCsKTw/file.html

Just search on 4plebs nigga

mediafire.com/folder/o456wmkz6phtl/Books#g4jbcg5w649m8

Exalted? If you want the dynastic political warfare, then Dragon-blooded in Exalted might be something fun to play if you want something new.

You made your choice.

In all honesty if you defend shit like confirming critical in pathfinder and fudge dice then the ASOIAF RPG really isn't any worse. It's flawed it is just differently flawed.

Here, if you are on roll20, I would express interest in joining.

rapture-pictures.com/Temp/GRR2707e_ASongOfIceAndFireRoleplaying-GameOfThronesEdition.pdf

Might be a little too weaboo for our group. Asian stuff tends not to do well.

What's bad about it?

Attacking stats are powerful as fuck and have multipliers.
Defending stats are fucking nothing

This is for both social and physical encounters. I houseruled it once so your counter attacks with attacks, but it still didn't quite gel.

The devs didn't understand their own dice system, which leads to , as well as shit like lookup tables which have 18 entries and use 3D6, with the designers not understanding that the probability curve makes the options in the middle far more likely than the ones on the end.

I was gonna suggest legend of the five rings as it has a strong game of thrones feel. But that's about as Weboo as they come.

Ah. Yeah it looks cool too. But yeah. If we have slanty eyes my goons spool out.