Warhammer 40k General

Orks, Churches, & Landraiders Edition

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

would make a sweet broodlord if you put him on a bigger base on top of some rocks.

>this awesome picture
I miss when all 40k art was this good.

The guy who gave him to be offered up the idea of reversing his colors from that of the other hormagaunts i have (he would have a pink body and purple carapace int hat case) and have him as sort of a minor leader of the gaunts i have on the table. same rules as the average hormagaunt, but first into battle.

If you don't want a broodlord in your army then that's a great idea too, would look really cool regardless of which idea you pick.

Not sure yet, i i just picked up the gaunt brood because its all i could afford at the time. With my birthday coming up i was going to pick up the $85 starter kit. Might even get it on discount since the stores having its anniversary near the same time

The Necrons are less of a threat because of their numbers and more because of their ability to still create engines of destruction on levels that most other races need to find ancient relics for. Their technology, despite their track record of losing to every race at least once (which is fair, don't want the Necrons to be sue-tier) is beyond doubt the most dangerous and advanced that one can find in the 40k 'verse. Time-travel, supernova-triggering, spammable Phase, it's nasty stuff.

It's honestly quite difficult to determine how much of a threat they are on a mass-scale, but without shenanigans and plots they probably rank higher than Tau and CE, at least.

The average Necron Warrior is a very, very strong and durable individual with one of the most advanced and dangerous infantry-scale standard weapons in the galaxy, not to mention the Phase and Reanimation making them hilariously dangerous in terms of logistics. However, despite the WS4/BS4 thing they're repeatedly shown in lore to be pretty mindless and incapable of tactics on a precise level. It's like fighting a Terminator as a member of the resistance, that thing is stronger, tougher and has much bigger guns than you, you're basically outclassed in every way but speed, except its stunning lack of tactical capability makes it somewhat easy to destroy with cunning.

Good money saving tip for you. Lots of online retailers offer 20-30% discounts on ALL products and ebay is a great source of cheap bunches of random assorted models. Check out this bunch that was selling for £40.

Not him, but I'd be careful about ebay purchases. Yes they're rather cheap and I imagine for the likes of Tyranids it's hard to mess up the poses but look at all the garbage ones in that image. Maybe it doesn't bother everyone as much as I but it's a real turn off.

all you need is a hobby saw and maybe a few spare bits to fix meme poses. In my most recent lot I got 30 marines, 2 rhinos, 5 assault marines and a chaplain and only a single marine had a bad pose. Imagine you were buying all those models new? The cost of the terminators and scouts is equivalent to the whole bundle. You're essentially getting close to 80 tac marines for free.

If only knarlocs came up now and then that ARENT preaux painted and covered in steel wool 'smoke'

You're looking at doing total conversions on most of them and it will sap a lot more your bits that you plan, it's happened to me before. Not saying it's impossible just my musings on it.

i'm picking up a lot of my initial stuff at the store so i can get in good with the owner. for example if you buy your paints at his store he runs a painting tutorial with you. He also suggests lots of shit i would never have thought of. That being said a lot of purchases will be online.

>saw off arms
>saw off weapon
>reglue
>strip paint
Faster than building marines from scratch honestly.
That seems worth it then, getting in good with your FLGS owner is always a smart plan.

Got into warhammer a few months ago.

Does anyone actually bother to paint their armies? It's got to be one of the most boring things ever.

Any other Eldar players btw?

Not really, greenstuff to fill gaps to allow the reposing to work. I take ages doing that shit. Worst is getting heads fixed by far.

You're not welcome here.

>Does anyone actually bother to paint their armies? It's got to be one of the most boring things ever.
I'm playing the game will be the last thing i do. I'm really only here for the painting

Honestly, there's just too much stuff to do.

I've probably got around 4-5k of models now - and in all fairness I've basecoated about 1000 points of them. But honestly... I don't know how you guys do it.

It seems that the only real fun part of the hobby is actually playing.

>It seems that the only real fun part of the hobby is actually playing.

maybe you think that cause you play eldar or something and just win all the time but the actual game is shit
the fun part is making your guys and giving them lore and stuff

>Does anyone actually bother to paint their armies?

Yes, I try to finish a model every couple of days and not purchase any more until the last purchase is finished, it's going horribly desu.

cause i wanna know what your headcanons are

Well, I'm not doing too bad. I'm on 8/11 wins so far. Can't manage to beat the new Tau though - those massive suits are just disgusting to try and kill.

But yeah, I play to win. I'd say I'm definitely in the top 5% of competitive players in my local GW. I'd probably come 2nd or 3rd if you ignore the Tau cheese.

Only if you're doing some serious reposing. For me, the only real issue is stuff like the arm that's supposed to be supporting the bolter being too low down, so I just saw that arm off and raise the hand up to the proper place when I reglue.

I'm not doing too bad when it comes to win rates - i'm about 8 wins to 3 defeats right now, and only lost because of cheesy Tau lists.

I'd say I'm probably top 5%-8% in my store, definitely in top 2-3 players if you take away Tau cheese.

Derp. My post didn't show, so I typed again. My bad.

I'm getting the Death Masque Harlequins in a split with a buddy of mine.

How viable would it be to make a "super friends" type list including Harlies, Craftworlds, and Dark Eldar, and maybe eentually Corsairs (too expensive for me at the moment). I've been trying to find Eldar factions that would all team up together and want to run them as something like the "protectors of our race" kind of thing.

With that, I'm just looking for what would be best to start off with for something like this. I like the Death Masque stuff, but the Start Collecting Eldar stuff is kind of boring to me, and I'm not sure what role to have the DEldar cover that the Harlequins don't already do.

In short, what are your recommendations for a grand Eldar alliance army?

Sad times when false flags as weak as this fool people on Veeky Forums.

Makes sense but I do go for the more intensive approach to try and get all my dudes looking cool. Bad poses from when I was a kid is the thing I most regret about the hobby.

IA 11's pale court formations should allow for making an allied Eldar contingent at minimal points cost. Corsair coteries are pretty easy to keep small and tight too. Not as sure about Deldar/Harlies.

>what role to have the DEldar cover that the Harlequins don't already do
ranged anti-tank (dark lances, everything scourges have, blasters)
objective camping dudes (warriors, wracks)
monsters (talos/chronos)
incubi

I don't know how well they work together, though.

The thing I regret most about the hobby is casually throwing out the thousands of pounds worth of models I had thrown out from when I was a kid.
>never forget

Harelquins are really restrictive to use, no matter what approach you take.
You'll like want either just the cast of players (troupe + death jester + shadowseer) or path of heroes (one of each character), or at a stretch one of the medium sized formations (too bad they all have the voidweaver tax)

Your biggest point of failure will be the dark eldar - everything they can do can be better or more easily accomplished with one of the other eldar factions.
Except webway portal taxi service.

Why would you ever need Incubi when you have Harlies?

incubi are cool

Man I thought losing a Terminator to an early attempt at paint stripping using a sand blaster was rough. Still have it too, it just looks retarded and the paint is still there.

So I see a lot of people saying that the game is currently broken atm.

>only 3 playable factions
>orks/csm unplayable
>etc

If your army is broken with its current codex/edition can you not just agree with whomever you want to play against to play an older edition where both of your armies are viable?

I understand random people at a shop may not be interested but regulars or friends would probably go for it right?

pics?

Random thought on psychic powers, blessings, deny the witch, and adamantium will.

What would happen if instead of adamantium will adding +1 to your deny rolls, it instead gave you an extra denial dice. like a mastery level for denying. Each unit *entry* in the army with the admantium will rule (so an AW IC attached to an AW unit generates two dice) would provide 1 psychic dice during your opponents psychic phase.
The odds on one dice are roughly the same (5+ is 33%, at least one 6+ on two dice is 30%) (I know, who uses only one dice to deny)

not everyone has a close group of regulars they can houserule with. A lot of people only get to play pick up games with randoms at the FLGS / GW.
Alot of people like to bitch without ever doing anything about it.
Alot of people like to bitch and don't even play the game.

>only 3 playable factions

Not really. Daemons are up there with SM, Eldar and Tau with Crons and Ad Mech just a notch below. There are at least 6 strong factions which is more than most editions.

>If your army is broken with its current codex/edition can you not just agree with whomever you want to play against to play an older edition where both of your armies are viable?

Yes, but Veeky Forums likes to complain anyway. Offering solutions isn't as interesting as shitposting for some people.

CSM update coming soon apparently, same release style as AoS (not rules-wise, calm your tits). Khorne and Tzeentch will spearhead the charge and its a return to what makes Chaos what it is: The 4 distinct gods.

Rubric marines of various types will be coming too apparently.

It sucks to hear that DEldar are as bad as I thought/heard. I'll probably just toss them in as an Allied Detachment to what I make.

I'm not particularly looking for something that's super cheesy. My main goal is to just fit all the factions in without having too much redundancy. I know Eldar are massive cheeselords if you build it right and I'm trying to avoid that. What are some things I should avoid? I know Wraithknights are nuts, as are scat bikes. I plan on buying from rule of cool but don't wanna end up with broken shit. Or would the Harlequins and DEldar do a good enough job of holding the CWEldar back?

FAQ out for Daemons.

Here you go.

I only recently got back into things, was counting all the stuff I used to have in my head and cringing.
>macragge
>black reach
>2000+ points of fantasy dwarves and a bunch of other fantasy minis
>a good hundred or so orks, including custom battle wagon (from before the kit was released), warboss and hardboys
>hundreds of muhreens
>a tau battleforce, some extra firewarriors, kroot and broadsides
>a smattering of units from every army in the game other than deldar and sisters
It hurts user. Even if I hadn't kept them I could have made a lot of money selling them.

A smurf got lost on fenris

You know, that just might work as part of some time-shenanigans Necron vs. Astartes diorama.

Other than that though, yeah, that sucks man.

What happened to the base?

if you get creative enough you could make him an objective marker. A fallen brother being eaten away by some sort of acidic goo.

Any word on Matt Ward?

the secret of the abominable snowman revealed.

The sandblaster.

Have considered making it part of a destroyed statue.

Sucks man. What are you doing now, Marines again?

>BROTHER
>MY BONES
>THEY SCREAM IN AGONY

Yup. I might do some tyranids and mechanicus too, but I don't want to get carried away. I'm forbidding myself from buying anymore models until the current ones are done. Still waiting on paint in the post. Here is my cheapo army I purchased off ebay in the pic.

Sounds good, it's easier to resist the buying temptation when you are older and wiser. Any idea on chapter to paint?

Anyone hoping for a Warzone: Cadia? As a IG player (non cadian) I'm looking forward to fighting against the archenemy and, hopefully, losing to them.

HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO ME

>sand blasting
Are you retarded? Yes, you can clean with abrasives but you do it by hand and with cotton!

He was found dead in his office last week. Rumor is that he had the 40k general pulled up on his desktop and a gun in his hand. Apparently the last post he looked at was a (you) that said kys

Making my own chapter. Yellow with lots of blue detailing. I was thinking blue "danger stripes" across every left leg, and also on power fists. The yellow will be the same colour as the Imperial fists and the blue will be a shade or two darker than that of the Ultramarines. I was originally going to paint them bone and blue, but I changed my mind because I thought the yellow would contrast nicely with dust, mud, weathering etc.

The thing with CWE is that they don't really have any bad units (except maybe storm guardians), they're all somewhat decent at their jobs.
But beside wraithknights and scattbikes people can get butthurt from warp spiders and wraithguard.

As long as you don't do MSU or try you hardest to build broken list you could probably get away with using whatever units you want.

This was a long time ago and largely due to the suggestion of a guy I knew. Live and learn, the 120 Marines that have survived went on to lose their colours with pride. Really the only reason it bothers me is I am eternally short one storm bolter terminator and picking it was silly considering I had tacticals in spades.

>that duncan factoid on WHTV

kek
KEK

Guys, I need help making an army list.
There's going an event/tournament in which you basically have to play multiple small points games at my local gw.

The limitations:
> 500 points
> a minimum of 1 HQ and 1 Troop
> no special characters
> any models with a 2+ armour save count as having a 3+
> no super heavies and monstrous creatures
> 6 tactical objectives

Any ideas for a CSM list?
My initial idea was using 2 small squads of plagues with plasmas/meltas inside of rhinos, along with some cultists and a nurgle sorcerer.

pic unrelated

Good to hear!
My only army at the moment is Orks, so I don't want to ramp it up too hard without noticing. My meta at the moment is: Gladius Strike Team, 3 Flying Hive Tyrant Hivefleets, and Optimized Stealth Cadre with some Farsight shit, so I guess I shouldn't really worry too much.

tell me about your custom chapter, /40kg/

Sounds interesting, good luck with it.

I'm making a tau army, but I don't want to have a mech army, I'm more interested on their hammerheads and their piranhas, so that's what I'm building now.

Fleet based, small and mobile, they put their focus on relieving and reinforcing allies rather than crusading, that's about all I have for them.

>Gladius Strike Team
>Optimised Stealth Cadre Tau
>Shouldn't worry

I mean about going hard on the cheese, not about fighting it!

We've known there's a book coming for CSM for a while now. More details or fuck off.

Don't take a Nurgle Sorcerer. Loses one/two powers to a shitty discipline.

Imperial Guard wishlist? Everything seems to be covered except maybe introduce a bomber flyer and plastic biker roughriders.

I'm just parroting what's on Natfka, you posterboy for abortion.

Is Gladius cheese now?

It is when it's scouting and full of grav

>When it's scouting
Afaik that's only white scars
>Full of grav
Wasn't that actually proven to be ineffective since the most recent tourney winner white scars player mixed a whole bunch of special weapons in his gladius?

wouldn't mind a named character for MT desu if you guard lads have any to spare

I'm not too sure about that instance.

The way my buddy runs it is something like 6 rhinos with around 2 grav dudes with grav amps. Then he has two drop pods that come in first turn that also have grav. He also plans to ally in Coteaz for an almost assured turn one alpha strike. He's whooped some serious ass with it versus everyone up at our LGS. Not saying that it's unbeatable, but it's pretty damn top notch, especially compared to my Ork shit.

POST YOUR WARLORDS

they live on a moon orbiting a death world which is their main recruitment ground. It's a jungle with human tribes, feral orks and all sorts of other nasties. There is also a small (for a hive) city on the world and the city denizens and the tribals often clash over the polution, with the marines occasionally acting as conflict mediators. In the system is also a large hive world and several agrarian worlds whose produce goes to the hives. Frequent warpstorms in the area, along with genestealer cults are serious concerns. Unknown to the marines, several of the moons orbitting the main hive planet are completely taken over by covert cultists.

That's about all I have at the moment, I'm this guy Thanks my man.

>I'm just parroting uselessly vague drivel from a click bait site that will repost anything
Nice

Oh, and also, they're descended from a traitor legion and unbeknown to them the chaos activity is largely the scheming of a demon prince from their former legion.

>Literally correct almost 90%+ of the time.
>Drivel.
Fine then, stay in the dark.

Melta bomb RR.
Rework platoons, like bring back separate conscript platoons instead of having to buy 2 infantry squads for each conscript blob. Maybe HW platoons like we used to have (as Heavy Support).
Ogryns down to Bulky.
Plasma cannons for scout sentinels.

Yeah, that dude did well. Having multiple different weapons is good and allows more stuff because it's cheaper than grav.

Going full grav might be better for general competitive meta though. Need to playtest when my company is built.

Because I face Wyverns, Triple Lascannon Vendettas, and Vetmeras loaded with flamers/meltaguns

As useless as Boyz are, Gretchin are even more so.

Champion Skullbane of the World Eaters, reporting!

Rough Riders with stats and equipment closer to Deathriders, cheaper rough riders without lances to carry special weapons, rough riders coming as a platoon.

Faeit isn't even remotely close to correct half the time.

i forgot to ask in one of the previous thread, what parts did you use for that ?

Forgot to ask, did that Rough Rider user ever finish his Centaurs?

>wasting your melta/lascannons on Gretchin
So Gretching working as intended?

Anyone have any wall-of-text for Rhino tactics, or Spess Marine tactics in general? I've already read the 1d4chan tactics articles and want more.

Not him, but the body is an AoS Slaughterpriest.

Hey Veeky Forums
I'm getting into 40k and want to know whether I should have an IG army with Skitarii allies or ally IG to a larger Skitarii force. Thoughts?