Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

No, Maxwell. Everyone is the Ashbringer Edition

Discuss the lore of the Warcraft universe and its potential uses in TTRPGs.

Last thread:

First for Jaina and Arthas forever

FIRST FOR BEST GIRL

.......he dead for real this time nigga

Fuck.

>Veeky Forums thread on Veeky Forums
>zero tabletop discussion

At least pretend, guys. At least pretend.

how would we go about saving prince goldilocks and getting him to make a babby with jaina?
So, the same as WHFB threads right?

Rolled 3 (1d20)

I roll to penetrate your anus with frostmourne

Rolled 4 (1d20)

I roll to assist

>Veeky Forums thread on Veeky Forums

Have you SEEN /wowg/? You could cram all the trolling and shitposting of the last five threads here and still come up better, quality-wise, than that abomination.

We only shout about lore here

No one talks about raiding or questing or whatever the fuck people do in-game now

d-does this mean Frostmourne penetrates us? Only 1s are fumbles right?

literally the only good general on Veeky Forums is /twg/. People there make mods and help each other out.

>you trip and fall as you are unable to balance the weight of the heavy blade
>it pierces your anus and you orgasm as your prostate is stimulated

Roll to retrieve frostmourne.

Rolled 16 (1d20)

DID THAT PLEASE YOU NER'ZHUL?!

I'm not quite sure that's a fail roll

/dfg/ is pretty good, if I say so myself..

>deftly with years of practice you reach behind and finger that giant hunk of metal lodged in your anus and pick it out. You cannot help but moan in pleasure as it hits your prostate on it's way out.

What do you do now?

oh yeah, I forgot about that. Popular games like wow, overwatch and the like are cancer.

Rolled 3 (1d20)

Slaughter the inhabitants of Goldshire to prevent an outbreak of humans

Yes, Sylvanas, Frostmourne penetrates you.

>yfw Sylvanas wanted Arthas to penetrate her all along.

>Unfortunately you arrive too late, a fearsome army has claimed Goldshire and lays siege to Stormwind. The Gnolls of Redridge have united with the endless Murlocs of Elwynn and they fight under a single banner, not a man, woman or child is left alive in Goldshire. You moan with dissatisfaction.

What do you do now?

Rolled 20 (1d20)

Raise the dead to take vengeance on the gnolls and murlocs

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

They denied me my right. They shall suffer

>with cold fury upon your brow you strike deep in the earth with frostmourne and begin to raise the dead. your fury gives you potency and soon you realize the spell you cast is far too great.
>the dead of the first war, both orc and human rise up alongside the residents of goldshire. you have your army and more

who do you go after?

Rolled 9 (1d20)

I bet it was Hogger's doing. I raid everything he holds dear

tracking check failed

>you swear to slaughter the gnolls who dwell in the forest for stealing your rightful kills. You begin to track the gnolls, encouraged by your power your minions lead the way, their tracks destroying the trail. You realize you are at the outskirts of stormwind with a giant army of the dead and holding frostmourne

What do?

Rolled 1 (1d20)

Enraged due to my minion's incompetence, i vandalize the entrance

>You ride up to the gates of stormwind and watch as panic grips the city. The dead have come.

>you point the eldritch blade at the city and start to walk towards it, intent on destroying the gate with the power of the runeblade

>you trip and fall, and frostmourne flies in the air and lodges itself in your rear receptacle. A feeling of shame and pleasure fills you as your prostate is stimulated again and you make a mess of yourself in front of the defenders.

>you can hear them laughing at you..

What do you do.

Rolled 8 (1d20)

Retrieve the accursed blade, again

>you attempt to retrieve the blade, but for some reason it isn't coming out with a smooth flourish
>you try to do that again but it is lodged more firmly up your ass.
>finally you tell your minions draw the blade from your buttocks, all the while shivering as your prostate is shredded from the sword.

what do?

>Oh shit, even Uther the Lightbringer has returned from beyond death to laugh at your humiliation. He strides across the causeway and levels a Hammer.
"I once said that Vengeance must never be a part of what a Paladin does Arthas. But this time I'll make an exception"
He swings the hammer wide, hoping to catch your skull as you try to ready yourself for battle with your poo-ey sword.

The Alternate Parallel Reality where Thrall died as an infant, and Blackmoore sobered up appearantly has Blackmoore kicking Doomhammer's ass, making an army of Orcs, took over Lordaeron, and shit had Arthas marry Jaina and flee to Stormwind.
They had a kid named Uther.

what is this dumb bullshit?
lordaeron just stood there where blackmoore used belligerent orcs to build an army?

Rolled 12 (1d20)

RIPOSTE THE HAMMER

It was written by Christie Golden, so yes, I assume they did.

if they were the movie orcs there isnt much anybody could do

>causing a castle to blow up just by charging into it

Rolled 1 (1d20)

Use frost magic for assistance

Where is your Lich King now?!

>you attempt to use the frozen winds of the north to freeze the defenders solid, before overrunning them with a tide of the undead.
>A faint coldness tingles at your fingertips and you expect the icy winds of the north to do something
>what you see is infuriating. A guard is pissing on your hand from the battlements

forgot to add
what do you do now?

Didn't that bitch write the novelization for the movie as well?

also, Blizzard writers make GW look so good.

ok, when does this happen?
and why do orcs use suicide bombers?

I'm amalgamating a map of Draenor for my campaign purposes, though I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what system to run it in. My group and I have been running L5R for two years now, but they've done some OSR stuff with Beyond the Wall. I'm thinking of bashing together BtW with some stuff from Adventurer, Conqueror, King.

Might have the Rockmen from the BC art book be on a southern continent or some such.

that little over map montage in the middle of the movie showing the orcs rampaging across Stormwind

jesus, that movie sounds so fucking bad.

I wish people who want to discuss legion would leave too, but I wouldn't wish Veeky Forums on them.
They can make a /v/ thread though to avoid /wowg/.

eh I enjoyed it, I could definitely see myself wasting an afternoon a year or two from now if it showed up on some cable channel. Beer would definitely help though

its a popcorn flick, and the Dranei were hot ;_;

BC had rock men?

I was planning on doing some casual RP as an arrogant mage to help keep me interested.

I've never RPed before can you guys give any advice?

They did in the concept art phase.
This was an Imp idea circa BC concept art phase.

Rolled 5 (1d20)

FREEZE HIS DICK OFF

Use capilization and punctuation.

If you're going Alliance, stay far away from the Blue Recluse (the tavern in the Mage Quarter).

>you concentrate your power and try to freeze the offending man's offending member.
>however without the mighty runeblade channeling your rage it is impotent.
>all you manage to do is freeze some of his piss and it falls on your hand shatters.

Don't be afraid to walk up to others. Even though everyone says they love walk-ups, people are usually afraid to make the first move.

turn around and bash the guard with Frostmourne's pommel and guard

Rolled 1 (1d20)

fug

Whoever is rolling needs to stop now, jesus.

Wasn't me

Rolled 14 (1d20)

>in your fury you toss the runeblade at the wretch, intending to smite him with your skill
>instead you toss it to Uther Lightbringer who promptly begins to beat at it with his hammer.

too late senpai

>Draenai were hot
But were they dead sexy?

Rolled 18 (1d20)

I ask Uther to return the sword to me with much humility and respect.

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeee

>you begin to ask uther for help when a miracle occurs
>uther hits the tip of the blade with his hammer and it backflips towards the air and lands in your hand
>you scramble and stand up, hoping your butthole isn't bleeding.

what do?

Rolled 13 (1d20)

Resurrect Varian Wynn as a ghoul. Now who's laughing Stormwind?

Varian's dust at the Broken Shore, though

Rolled 19 (1d20)

I reach back to my rear and grab a handful of ass blood. I wipe it on my blade, raise it in the air, and roar at Uther for an intimidate check.

In fairness, that's exactly how you do knock down castles in the RTS games.

I know this really isn't the right place, but I have a question for anybody still playing WoW.

I've been tinkering with getting back in (quit shortly after cata dropped), which class/talent combos are popular right now?

A wild idea enters your mind and you begin to daub the blood from your asshole on to frostmourne. It is a grotesque action and when you are done, you point it to uther and utter a challenge in the language of the dead.
>the lightbringer blanches at your request, his power seemingly banished by such a dastardly action.
what do?

they are all the same now. you can play as anything you want princess :3

Rolled 18 (1d20)

Destroy the piss happy fuck that dared to urinate on the Holder of Frostmourne

You're terrible at d&d. There were so many creative things you could've done there, but instead you smite a nameless npc. So boring. Tsk tsk.

Rolled 20 (1d20)

I tear out the piss-happy guard's intestines through his anus, then reanimate them.

>emboldened by your rectal blood, you point your blade at the urinating guard. The man gasps in shock as he is lifted in the air and begins to scream.
>Disease begins to wrack his insides, with his screams of pain turning into a mewling whimper before his stomach is hurled through his anus. >As the scum lays dying you reainimate his innards and make them do the dance macabre.

Rolled 15 (1d20)

After thoroughly horrifying the gathered crowd, I send the enchanted insides slithering up the rampart wall, psychically commanding them to strangle the life out of Uther.

The crowd gasps as buboes and plagues begin to drop from the man's corpse. the soldiers trip over each other as they rush down from the walls. Only a few soldiers around uther are standing there. Your raised innards make a dash towards uther and leap up to strangle him.
The paladin bats it aside but it explodes in a shower of diseased gore. The soldiers around him start to cough as disease takes it's toll on them. they will be violently dead soon.

>"Everyone is Arthas."

this thread seems nice

>the only good general is G O B L I N S general

>green power green power

yeah,
we da waaagh sounds so adorable.
speaking of which, would any warcraft character stand against pic related in a physical fight?

well no shit, were literally the only ones keeping the horde running without going full retard, well also the fucking elves, but still.

We determined some threads ago that while Grimgor could krump Saurfang, Saurfang would also Cleave Grimgor.

It's like when [The Unstoppable Force] and [The Immovable Object] collide.

>implying Saurfang loses a battle when Doomhammer isn't there to fuck it up

would Saurfang have to subatomically cleave all of his spores apart to kill him for real?
not that he couldn't, just qualifying the question

Based a bit on what I've played and mostly what I I've heard, Brewmaster Monk, Blood DK, ele/enhance Shaman, shadow priest, outlaw rogue and fury warrior are pretty fun.
I don't have much of an opinion on healers though.

Outlaw Rogue, now that it's basically ARR BE A PIRATE! is actually a hell of a lot of fun.
I never liked Rogues before, the sneaking an stealth wasn't for me, but Outlaw has a lot of fun abilities with a nice theme.
Now if only Blizzard would implement longcoat-type armors, it would be perfect.

honestly, it's still possible to actually discuss the game on /wowg/. It's not nearly as bad as /gsg/, that shit is autism incarnate

Shadow priest makes me sad, while I'm trying to level up a lock, all I think is "Why does the shadow priest get all the fun?"

I don't know, I've tried, and it just doesn't get anywhere on /wowg/. Now its just guild trolling and sqabbling.

afflic lock is way more fun than Spriest while leveling. DoT the dicks off of 8 million mobs and take no damage because Demon Skin and Drain Life are OP

And that one Hunter who posts the same transmog pic every thread. The fur faggots posting non-stop. Slutmogs everywhere. Tripfags being trigfags. Futashit.

I stopped even trying to discus the game on Veeky Forums even before Veeky Forums started having these threads.
I like that Veeky Forums can discus the actual lore more than whining about some faggot posting pandas again.

What system would you recommend I use? Isn't there an official RPG? Is it any good?

If not, what do you think? How hard would it be to mod 5e to work?

Is it worth changing from Destruction to Affliction? Or demonology even? Never really played serious on my warlock so I'm not too attached to my spec.