Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Red Sun Edition
Stains of Time Sub-Edition
We(minus one guy) survived the decimation. One user wanted to know which legion looked best in mk3, we discussed edge and scorpions, some folks are stuck in denial about Alphie being dead, why Havocs deserve their own models was talked about, and everyone is getting their spine broken plus much more in the last bread Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Strawpoll links: strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-GB/Slaughterpriest-with-Hackblade-and-Wrath-hammer
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Sons-of-Horus-Reaver-Attack-Squad
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Levithan Dreadnaughts being better than Knights.

Second for Leviathan Dreadnaughts being better than Dorn.

3rd for Dorn > Alpharius(?)

Can Rites of War be used in Zone Mortalis battles?
If so, where do the rules clarify it?

My battle-brother

I could use some advice. After breaking down and impulse buying Curze off ebay, the decision of which legion to play is made.
But now I could use some advice for what to build my dudes as. I have the following:

Curze
45 power armour marines (BaC + 2 mkiii sets + 1 mkv set)
10 cataphractii terminators (from Calth)
1 Sicaran
2 Contemptor Dreads
1 Drop Pod (I'll probably be getting more)
30-ish Chaos Raptors (the metal ones with the angled jump packs, not the current or mechanical-winged ones)

I'm not sure what to build the power armoured marines as, and I could use some advice on where to expand from here.
I'll be making a FW order soon to get some NL shoulder pads, so it'll be a good time to get some other stuff as well. I'm guessing Volkite weapons would be helpful?'

Also, does anyone know if the recasters on ebay are worth trying? They have Tartaros termies for rather cheap and I'd love to get a squad to guard Curze.

This has been a mixed year for Space Wolves. GW is fucking up Space Wolves while FW seems to be fixing them.

>I'm not sure what to build the power armoured marines as, and I could use some advice on where to expand from here.
Night Lords rules offer benefits in melee, so you might want to build them as Despoilers for numbers and Terror squads for utilising Fear and equipment.
>I'll be making a FW order soon to get some NL shoulder pads, so it'll be a good time to get some other stuff as well. I'm guessing Volkite weapons would be helpful?'
Volkite Chargers are definitely useful for Terror squads. Maybe include some Contemptor heavy weapons, I assume you have BaC ones, they'll come in handy if you plan on playing the Terror Assault Rite.
>Also, does anyone know if the recasters on ebay are worth trying? They have Tartaros termies for rather cheap and I'd love to get a squad to guard Curze.
I'm against recasters when it comes to FW, but suit yourself. Curze is Jump Infantry so his retinue is best when the same. People use Night Raptors if memory serves me.

>Curze is Jump Infantry
I have no idea how I forgot that.
I originally started buying up the metal Raptors to use as, well, 30k Raptors, but ended up getting enough to just field them as assault marines. I may just go back to my original plan, now.

And you're right on the money about the terror squad v despoiler idea. I may just magnetize a bunch of bolters to let me use them as either.
Can you suggest any of the Contemptor heavy weapons in particular?

>I have no idea how I forgot that.
He doesn't have a jump pack so people tend to oversee the part, that's why I thought I should remind you.
>I originally started buying up the metal Raptors to use as, well, 30k Raptors, but ended up getting enough to just field them as assault marines. I may just go back to my original plan, now.
There's a Horror Cult Rite for NL, just in case. If I were in your place, I'd keep them as Raptors.
>And you're right on the money about the terror squad v despoiler idea. I may just magnetize a bunch of bolters to let me use them as either.
>Can you suggest any of the Contemptor heavy weapons in particular?
I'm afraid I can't, I'm not very experienced with the game. However, I'd get something to cover the holes in the rest of the army. And magnetise, of course.

Russ leaving must have fucked their brains up something fierce.

What? No Leviathan Dreadnaughts? Word on the street is they are hilariously over powered dog, all lists have shifted as the meta takes 1 as early as 750 points.

2 dreads at 1000 points.

Start min maxing with your own leviathan dread home boy, put real fear in the loyalists with this ten ton majestic beast.

GW haven't fucked them up any more for like a decade, what are you on about?

That face when my boxnought with a TL lascannon has killed my friends Leviathan on the first in two separate games. (Giving me first blood and crushing his moral)

Have you not heard about the Wulfen and Santa Grimnar?

Yeah, they're the same as they ever were.

Reminder that Alpharius isn't dead. Dron killed Solonius who was possessed in Alpharius' body. And that the goal wasn't to kill Dorn but show him the weaknesses in his defences.

And Omegon thinks him dead too.
Truly the perfect ruse.

This hasn't been posted in a while.

Alpharius is actually another perpetual, but thanks to the Chaos Gods' throwing the primarchs across the galaxy, his regeneration is defective. Whereas Sangy got wings, Alpha is reborn twice when he dies. The Alphy and Omegy we know are gen 2 primarchs of the xxth legion.
Hail Hydra

Nah Alpharius is dead, but his memories live on most likely.

No, say it isn't so.

the vulkan one gets me everytime

What is the Alpha Legion and Alpharius Omegon book list?

Both are terrible models. I'm so glad that I own a metal Grimnar.

5 own miniature pics + favorite list including them = surprise

I believe they can as long as you can adhere to any foc requirements without exceeding the basic zone mortalis foc

So I just finished galaxy in flames, whats the general opinion of it? I thought it was alright, and liked torgaddon and loken, but lucius was pretty stupid.

It's okay. It all proceeds very quickly iirc. Lucius sucks.

I liked most of the books, the opening trilogy is somewhat average, but it's good enough for what was supposed to be at the time of writing.
You'll get used to Lucius and the others being idiots.

Tomorrow I can show you one, two if I'm lucky with time. Will that count for something?

I see, thank you. So, if I understand you correctly, ZM FoC can be combined with the Rites, not only the AoD FoC, right?

Just post it you attention whore

Tarik is love but he had to pay for all of the Ferrus head jokes told on this board. Not to mention Tarik probably would have been the source of at least 48% of them.
>Lucius is stupid
News at 11.

guess I am asleep and the thread will be gone in 18 hours, so to speed things up:
096B-....

because you asked so nicely:
F263-...

Now: quid pro quo!

Dorn did the attack on Damocles Starport

Ooh, that's a tasty prize if it is what I think it is.
Don't have a pic collage to hand, but I'm the Skullbane guy.

>[Chosen Duty] can be used in any mission, but is particularly appropriate for use in smaller
scale games, such as the Zone Mortalis and Strategic Raid missions.
>RITE OF WAR: ZONE MORTALIS ASSAULT FORCE

Gee, I wonder.

If he's footslogging a Leviathan, he deserves to lose

you da what?

>tfw my cortus with a chainfist kills them every single time because hes i5
lmao

I'm looking on forgeworld to find some Alpha Legion parts and I see an item called Alpha Legion Task Force. It looks like the B@C box but with all alpha legion marines instead of the regular ones.
Would this be a good set if I wanted to build an army?

Why would Alpharius do that? Omegon sure, but the other baldie nah.

Also am I the only one that they're ruining almost a decade of plot building just to make Dorn badass?

I made this dude, posted a few threads back. His name's Skullbane

It's a Calth box with 30 marines worth of alpha upgrade kits. Has nothing for the dread or termies.

The task forces are BaCs bundled with the legionspecific upgrade kits from FW.
BaC is a good set for a starter army but depending on special wishes or tactics that may not be true (like playing only tanks and such where you don't need the infantry)

Sucks the model it's based on is so expensive.

I see, good work. Do you also have an army list including him?

I heard they were gonna give it away with the monthly WD.

Why yes I do, but it sucks and I haven't finished all the models yet.
HQ

Champion Skullbane (Praetor)
Power Fist
Meteor Hammer
Aura of Dark Glory (Iron Halo)
Digital Lasers
RITE OF WAR: THE CRIMSON PATH

Master of Signals
Meltabombs

TROOPS

10 Legion Tactical Marines
Chainaxes
Vexilla
Power Fist
Artificer armour
In a
Rhino
Dozer blade

10 Legion Tactical Marines
Chainaxes
Vexilla
Power Fist
Artificer armour
In a
Rhino
Dozer blade

10 Tactical Support Marines with Volkite Calivers
Artificer Armour
Meltabombs

ELITES

5 Legion Terminators
3 chainfists
2 pairs of Lightning Claws

Legion Dreadnought
Multi-melta free
Meltagun
In a
Dreadnought Drop-pod 100

Contemptor Dreadnought
Kheres Assault Cannon
Extra Armour

HEAVY SUPPORT

5 Legion Heavy Support Marines
5 Autocannons
Artificer armour
Meltabombs

Land Raider Achilles-Alpha 300

Just shy of 2000 points, abs count for 2+/4++

For subscribers or just packaged with an issue?

Is there any info on the make of the old Chaos Raptor jump pack? The twin-thruster build reminds of the Mars pattern (standard GW one).

He's got a chainsword, a power fist, a meteor hammer and all the power of a good pair of bussiness power pants?
>Sucks the model it's based on is so expensive.
What model is that?

Don't know.

games-workshop.com/en-GB/Slaughterpriest-with-Hackblade-and-Wrath-hammer

That's the coolest jump pack GW ever made. So naturally they just seems to have decided it never accepted.

Ooh nice. Thanks.

>it never existed*

Rumoured to be free on the front cover of September's relaunched White Dwarf, incidentally.

alright, thanks for sharing.

36B3-

>What are Dark Furies

Only 50% as cool. Which is still pretty fucking cool.

Yes, when I posted them I realized you meant the regular twin engine deal. I'm a fan of Sol/Harrier turbofans, but those whatever-pattern jetpacks of yours are cool as well.

Wheres that chest from, AoS?

Sanguinary Guard wannabes.

You probably want to give the Contemptors anti-tank stuff, because your infantry will have anti-infantry more than covered.

I believe for all but I'm a subscriber so I'll get it regardless

I'm just annoyed that they pretty much ditched the design entierly.

Fulgrim (the novel) explains Lucius's facial scars, and does give him a few decent moments. But he's just an idiot, no way around it. Also, I liked Fulgrim a lot - but it's apparently a polarizing book.

That's just a wider versions of the Sanugujnary guard which is based off the mk 4 one, which would mean you didn't need a FW kit for sanguinary guard if they didn't have knee guards and Mars patter plasma pistols
Although everything in the heresy was bigger and better so they'd release a kit anyway

416c70686120746f204f6d65676121

That's not even the right format =[

Atleast put some effort in next time

Sons of Horus or Ultramarines? I'm stuck between the two.

depends. how good does the Macragge Blue color spray look? could make it a lot easier to assembly line tactical blobs and vehicles.

Go Ultramarines, Sons of Horus are over hyped.

Sons of Horus – more color variety (1st company when you need a break from sea green), present at a wider variety of HH battlefields (like Terra), awesome new Rite of War, and they aren’t very common.

They are stupid user, leave it at that.

he did not get what the surprise is and is just trolling. We were half way through, I'll check tg in some hours again, maybe the next thread will win.

Who has the best terminators? And what is the best terminator armor pattern?

uh... and Ultras are not?

Ultras are stupidier

Justaerin are the best.

Best pattern is hard to say - Tartaros and Cataphractii are each better at different things.

Rocha Legion, they are the perfect balance of the two.

Going for Sons of Horus after finding these niggas: forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Sons-of-Horus-Reaver-Attack-Squad

Check out PaintingBuddha's youtube channel to see how they painted Horus, it's scary. I was in doubt until I saw that earlier today, now I serve the Warmaster.

Yeah, SoH have cooler unique models, imo. And they should only get better as they become more and more tainted by the warp.

>F263-36B3
If I ain't mistaken that looks like a Steam code or something? I Initially thought the F263 referred to this from the chinaman catalogue, but it looks like coincidence now

What about Deathshroud terminators?

I'll send through some more of my shitty DA along with my amateur list. For the cause!

HQ

Praetor
-Rad Grenades
-Digital Lasers
-Iron Halo
-Jetbike
-MC Paragon Blade
-Molecular Acid Shells
RITE OF WAR: RAVENWING PROTOCOLS
Total: 235

Primus Medicae
Jetbike
Molecular Acid Shells
Total: 135

TROOPS

Jetbike Sky Hunters
-x5 Jetbikes
-Melta Bombs
-Molecular Acid Shells
-Sky Hunter Sargeant
-Rad Grenade
-Calibanite Warblade
Total:285

Jetbike Sky Hunters
-x5 Jetbikes
-Melta Bombs
-Molecular Acid Shells
-Sky Hunter Sargeant
-Rad Grenades
-Calibanite Warblade
Total:285

Outrider Squad
-x6 Bikes
-Melta Bombs
-Plasma Repeaters
-Sargeant
-Rad Grenades
-Calibanite Warblade
Total: 360

Outrider Squad
-x6 Bikes
-Melta Bombs
-Sargeant
-Rad Grenades
-Calibanite Warblade
Total: 240

FAST ATTACK

Land Speeders
-x3 Speeders
-Graviton Guns
-Multi-Meltas
-2x Hunter-Killer Missiles
Total: 255

Primaris-Lightning Strike Fighter
-Kraken Penetrator Missiles
-Battle Servitor Control
Total: 175

Can HH lists take 40k allies?

Wtf do you think?

IMO Outriders should end up in close combat and Jetbikes should not. You’ve prepared all of them for CC.

IF have the best vinilla termies

WB can take Codex: Chaos Daemons.

Reavers have carried so many games for me I built my list around them.

Stupid good.

ok bros, i cant choose the legion i want to play. Im torn between iron warriors, salamanders, and raven guard. What do?

do what ever the first guy who gets dubs says to. or roll a D20

Thanks for the advice!

Would it be better then to drop the Caliban Blades on the Skyhunters and give an extra Power Weapon to the Outriders?

Any other problems with the list? I'm mainly a hobby guy and have little experience since nobody plays HH around here.

Do you like artillery, fire or sneaking?

Salamanders. Be the noblebright hero the galaxy deserves.