Ryuutama Art

I'm looking to GM a game of Ryuutama, a game described pretty accurately as "Hayao Miyazaki's Oregon Trail." It focuses more on exploration and discovery than combat and grand epic plots. What I need though is art. Towns, forests, plains, whatever. Specifically stuff that looks like it could come from a fantasy JRPG or LN, especially if it's "cozy".

so you're just going to hold up pictures for the party?
Why not just put in a nature documentary, turn down the volume and narrate it for them?

Combat and the like still happens, it's just not the main focus of the game.

Yes it will.

If it's the only thing that actually puts the party at risk, it's gonna be what they focus on.

i am monitoring this thread, engage maximum comfy drivers

Where is the water from that waterfall coming from?

If I was trying to justify it using real world logic, the I'd say some form of pressure must be driving it up and it was either naturally or artificially directed off the side.

The real answer is the artist probably didn't think about it.

It's obviously sewer water that the town pumps up out of the ground then shoots off the hill into the disgusting valley below.

10/10 comf

>If it's the only thing that actually puts the party at risk

Lack of combat =/= lack of danger. Combat will still be an occurrence, but it's not the point of the game. Other challenges are still present. The environment. Traps. Starvation. Sickness.

You seem to be trying to pick a fight here and I'm not sure why. Nobody is holding a gun to your head and making you play this particular game or to post in this particular thread.

Kudos to the other user(s) posting itt.

No problem, hope I've been of some help.

Nice thread. Thank you all for the inspiration

Very much so.

Absolutely fantastic.
I could write an encounter or craft a setting around almost all of these images. I really hope this thread is still up by the time I get off work.

>You will never look upon a setting like this with your real eyes.
Why even live?

I've been scouring Gelbooru and so much of the stuff in the scenery tag is 2hu fanart.

I've always wanted to try a game of Ryuutama. Shame it's so obscure.

and that's journey's end for me. Hope the thread stays p enough for other user to get to it.

Anyone wanna get a game together?

My favorite cozy house.

How many dragons can you find.

One of my favorite things about Ryuutama is that not only can you be a chef, but cooking plays a very helpful part in adventuring.