Mercenary 2030 Quest 36

>Mechanics: pastebin.com/JkfytG2X
>Character Sheet: pastebin.com/CGK4nsrY
>Equipment: pastebin.com/QYsxy8aH
>Companions: pastebin.com/7Dpm66hh
>Previous threads: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Mercenary Quest 2030
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Mercenary 2030 Quest
>Twitter: twitter.com/HaremProtaGuide
It’s been a terribly long time but I’m around now, time for some Mercenary questing!
>Fate Point: 2
>Money: $565
>Equipment Carried: Tier 2 Assault Rifle. Tier 2 Armor. Tier 1 Pistol. Tier 2 Rucksack. Tier 1 Med-kit. Tier 2 Med-kit. Tier 1 Toolkit.

Your name is William. You currently have the luxury of sitting in the nicest bed you’ve ever seen, along with Morrigan. Morrigan is your boss, though she’s also a whole lot more than that at the same time. She talks to you, listens to you and you keep each other safe and alive on missions. You like Morrigan quite a bit, even if she does act strange sometimes.

Like right now. Is there anything you want to talk about? You don’t usually talk much in the first place, though you’ve been getting chattier. Well, a bit, you still don’t talk anywhere near as much as Nem or Bellona can. Still she asked, even if she does look a bit red and isn’t quite looking at you.

“Uhm…” you say to her, “My dreams were better after we went to sleep again.”

This seems to be the wrong answer as Morrigan closes her eyes and lets out a sigh.

“That… that’s good Will,” she says to you, “Anything else?”

You think. What else was there?

“I had a little trouble this morning,” you say to her, “My penis was acting funny.”

This causes Morrigan to flush, though she seems to relax a bit at the same time.

“Was that the first time something like that happened Will?” she asks you.

You pause, trying to think.

>Yes.
>No.
>Error, Will.exe must reboot.
>Other.

>Error. Will needs reboot
"I don't remember my dreams but there was something soft."

>No.
At his age, even he has no sexual drive yet, the body still occasionally pops one during sleep.

>Error, Will.exe must reboot.

>>Yes.

Will isn't excessively young, just emotionally crippled with regressed growth

Sure, but would Will know that? How far into that medical textbook has he gotten?

>No.

>Yes.

Ok so, equal answers all around!

This is probably not going to be fun for Will.

Writing.

PTSD.exe activated again?

Yep!

What the fuck am I reading?

Cousin Roman! Those titties gave me PTSDoubleD!

ChildSoldierHaremQuest: Now with more comfy and night terrors.

How many cigs will Morrigan go through this time? Lets find out!

Mannn I just wanted another embarrassing talk.

Not what's about to happen. We might at least get a Morg hug out of it I suppose.

You stop and think about what Morrigan asked you. You can’t exactly remember if this has happened before. It’s not something you’ve tried to keep track of at the very least. At first you begin to nod your head yes. You probably would remember if something like…

Suddenly visions flash through your head, memories of The Compound. You remember the first time that it happened, in a vague sort of sense at least. You approached one of the adults, thinking that something was wrong with you. Normally you wouldn’t do so, but you had no idea what was going on.

That was the wrong idea.

You received a beating that day the likes of which you’ll never forget. Along with some very long lectures on how you were “Impure”, “Full of Sin” and “Needed to repent.” Over and over again you heard those words, mixed with some more beatings and a few days without food or water.

By the time they were finished with you, you never wanted to think about it again You never did, you never would have except for right now…

You break out in a cold sweat, your hands coming up around your head as you whimper. No, no it didn’t happen, you didn’t, you don’t want to get beaten again!

It doesn’t help one bit that you know you aren’t there, at The Compound. It doesn’t help the Morrigan is right there, already concerned about you and saying something. Words you can’t hear. Are those her hands trying to get you or are they trying to get you again?

As you whimper you fall of the bed, the pain barely noticeable as the screaming fear runs through your head. Quivering terror turns your limbs to jelly as you cry out on the floor.

“Will!” a voice cuts through the terror for a split second.

>No, no you can’t, you can’t do anything.
>Dark terror fills you. You don’t remember anything afterwards.
>The voice… help? Safety?
>Other.

Morg = Safety.

>No, no you can’t, you can’t do anything.

Looks like some things are universal.

Like Wills one point of safety.

His blanket and pillow fort of course

You can’t do much, your muscles are too watery and you probably couldn’t form a coherent thought if you tried. The voice though… the voice cuts through everything long enough for you to know that it’s there. That’s all that matters at this point. There’s something in the world that isn’t out to get you, something that doesn’t want to hurt you, has never hurt you.

You let out a whimper and move closer to the voice as best you can, a few small inches closer. You feel a hand on you, a hand that comes with the voice, whispering things to you softly, things you don’t understand but you can tell are supposed to calm you down. The hands move your head onto something soft, running through your hair.

You don’t know how long you lie there or how long the hand runs through your hair and the voice whispers to you. All you know is that eventually you calm down enough to notice the tears on your face and the fact that your head is propped up in something.

Forcing your head to move, you only get it a few inches before the hand puts up resistance. Morrigan’s face appears over yours, a cigarette leaking smoke from the tip as she looks down at you. Her face is tired looking, but concerned at the same time.

“Hey Will,” she says softly, “just stay there for a minute.”

You nod your head, not having a lot of energy after what just happened.

“Are you ok now?” she asks you. Her hand resumes running through your hair, her fingertips tingling your scalp in a manner that is highly pleasant.

>No, still scared.
>Yes, better now.
>I’m sorry.
>Other.

>>I’m sorry.

>I’m sorry.

>>I’m sorry.

>I’m sorry.
>But yes, better now.

>I’m sorry.

>>I’m sorry.

Looks like Will doesn't care about himself.

Par for the course.

Writing.

This.

>Will
>Caring about himself
That's not what a good boy does. A good boy is useful.

I missed Will, Thanks for running again Guide!

WillxBlankie best couple.

But comforter hasn't shown up yet.

Hey, managed to get home in time to participate some. Good to have you back Guide!

Your first though isn’t of yourself. You’ve gone through plenty in your life and you generally rebound back. Even if rebounding is simply standing up and getting moving again after someone punched you in the face.

“I’m sorry,” you say to Morrigan. You shouldn’t have… well you shouldn’t have been weak. Weak is not useful. Weak means you might get somebody hurt or do something wrong. The fact that it’s completely out of your ability to control never even enters your mind.

Morrigan’s eyes go wide as you say that, then scrunch up.

“What did you say Will?” she asks you.

“I’m sorry,” you say again. You don’t want to disappoint her. Morrigan and everyone else have been the best to you, so you can’t let them down.

“Don’t be sorry Will,” Morrigan says, her voice suddenly firm, “Remember what I said before?”

“Uhm… which thing?” you say to her. You and Morrigan talk a lot, so it’s not like you can pick out one thing from all that you’ve done.

“The thing about some things that can’t be helped,” she says.

“…Yes,” you say in reply. That was last night, but you still don’t like the idea of not being able to help other people.

“That goes for you too Will,” she says, her eyes locking onto yours.

“What?” you say, not understanding.

“There are some things that happen that nobody can help,” she says, “Things that not even you can stop. So don’t you ever say sorry to me about that. I’ll get mad at you if you do something wrong and could’ve done something else. I won’t get mad about things like that.” She stops and lets out a sigh. “Everybody has something like that. Everybody. So don’t say sorry again.”

>Ok.
>But…
>Just nod.
>Other.

BLANKIE BEST WAIFU, GET OUT

>Ok.

>Ok.

>>Just nod.

Glad to have you and glad to be back.

>Um. When shouldn't I say sorry? Mary says it's good maners to apologize if I mess up...

>Just nod.

>Just nod.

>>Just nod.

>Just nod.

>Ok.

>Other.
Just sob and nod. Morrigan's so nice.

>Ok.

>>Ok.
SEKIREI QUEST WHEN, WE NEED MORE KARASUBA!

I missed you guide

He cant even keep up with mercenary how the fuck he gon go and start a new quest?

Morg literally just explained the difference between messing up and things that can't be helped.

>he doesn't miss best girl

I miss her, just saying.

Looks like Will is listening.

Writing.

He teased a possibility of HPQ2, so once he gets into a better schedule to run more often, we may get more Karasuba.

He said it'd be completely different girls, So I have absolutely no interest in it.

>one of the last things we did in that quest was make Karasuba cry

You nod to Morrigan. If she says that you can’t do something, then you can’t do it. At least in your experience she’s always been right. This doesn’t seem to pacify her that much though as she keeps her look.

“Do you understand Will?” she asks again.

“Yes,” you say to her, “Don’t say sorry about… that.”

She lets out a sigh.

“Good enough,” she finally says, her hand finally stopping its movement in your hair. “Are you ready for breakfast now?” she asks.

“Yes,” you say. Besides the fact that it is morning and you haven’t eaten yet, your earlier terror left you with a big hole in your stomach. You’re probably not quite all the way better, but hunger and the calming presence of Morrigan certainly helped.

“Ok,” she says, “Then get up, I can’t move until you do.”

You blink and force yourself to sit up, your muscles responding only a tad sluggishly. Turning around you see that your head was resting in Morrigan’s lap, which was why she couldn’t get up. As you stand Morrigan reaches out her hand to you.

“Help me up Will, my legs were starting to go numb from your head,” she says to you.

You nod, reaching out your hand to her and helping pull her to her feet. She has to take an extra step once she’s up, but Morrigan is as tough as always.

“Alright,” she says, letting her cigarette drop into a trash can, “Time for breakfast and then we’ll see what Koko has for us to do.”

You nod and follow Morrigan out of the room and down the elevator. Making your way through the hotel, you still have to marvel at just how… fancy, everything is. You aren’t sure if you like it or not but they sure do have a lot of nice things inside.

Eventually you make your way to the dining room, which is exactly as it sounds. It looks like an even larger version of the train car, with tables set for many people and fancy looking waiters wandering around.

Morrigan spots a table where the rest of MMS seems to be finishing up what looks to be a rather large breakfast. You follow her over, taking a seat next to her and Cath.

“Where were you two?” asks Nem even as she chows down on another piece of bacon.

Morrigan looks over at you, her face questioning.

>Don’t say anything.
>Tell them what happened.
>Let Morrigan say something.
>Other.

>>Tell them what happened.
FEEELS and spergetti

>I had a problem and Morrigan helped me take care of it.

Enough feels for me

>>Other.
>>"My penis felt funny this morning and Morrigan wanted to know about it."

Lol, gotta love Will's explanation.

>>Let Morrigan say something.

My penis felt funny and I'm not sorry.

>Let Morgan say something

Pretty sure after all our other talks we weren't supposed to talk about them, so this one shouldn't be different.

>Tell them what happened.

I don't think we should say it, but I laughed.

>my legs were starting to go numb from your head

You fuckhead, you made me laugh. Add a proud wink at the end to Morrigan kinda like "I learned good huh?"

Alright, looks like Will is letting Morrigan talk.

Writing.

There's enough best girls out there to make a completely new cast and still be interesting. I still maintain that Revy can be the new violence fetishist with a heart of gold if Karasuba isn't back.

Yeah but Revy would be a terrible teacher.

But she'd be a great bad girl class mate.

Who says we'd even be a student again?

I wouldn't call Karasuba a teacher, either, reading the manga, but Guide made it work.

Nobody, I was just giving an example.

Hell we might get her before she goes all NY mafia/gang crime.

I just hope he tones down the amount of girls, my head was spinning after girl #11

>Yeah but Revy would be a terrible teacher.

No one can replace Karasuba, How dare you!

Well the problem is that some anons have shit taste (e.g. not mine,) and want shitty girls.

Let me just say that if I ever did such a thing I'd have no more than about 5-6 girls.

Also I'll just leave this here.

That's not Revy.
Still not Karasuba.

>Still not Karasuba.

I think you have a problem.

Ah yes Scathach sensei.

He does.

Karasuba a best A BEST

Karasuba staple character forever

We agree user, you don't need to keep stressing it.

Different user, I just miss/love her, Guide a best.

You just nod to her and look through the menu in front of you. You always let Morrigan talk anyway, so it’s not really a big deal for her to do it here. Besides, you need to pick out what you want for breakfast, given that there’s quite a bit to choose from.

Morrigan just shakes her head at Nem as she does the same as you.

“Will and I had a talk,” she says, “Just went a bit longer than I expected.”

“A talk?” Nem says, “About what? It’s not like Will has a lot to say. You probably just slept in late again and he didn’t want to bug you.”

In response to that Morrigan picks up one of the napkins on the table, quickly balls it up and tosses it at Nem’s head.

“Oy,” says Nem playfully, “No need for that when I hit the nail on the head.”

Morrigan just grumbles at her as a waiter comes over to get your orders. You get a bit of everything, eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, hash browns and a big glass of milk. Morrigan gets something similar and the waiter moves away to put your orders in.