Dragonball Quest #87

>>Previous threads

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=dragonball quest

>>Information

This quest, as the title suggests, takes place in the world of Dragon Ball. You're playing as a nineteen year old man named Tofoo, and will adventure through the story of the Dragonball series alongside characters such as Goku, Yamcha, Bulma, Tien, and many others. Through your actions, you can make significant changes to the story, and perhaps even become the strongest fighter on Earth.

>Rules

At the end of each update you'll have ten minutes to vote on options. Write-ins are allowed, but I do reserve the right to veto them.

In the event of a draw, the option to receive the next vote wins

Rolls will be used on certain occasions, such as attempting a technique for the first time or attempting something extremely difficult. You will have three rolls, and if one succeeds, you succeed. There are no crits.

Rolls are made AFTER an option wins, not during the voting process

I hope everyone has fun.

>>youtube.com/watch?v=z4-20yY_jcQ

I want to cuddle Chichi

So how we gonna make vegeta our bitch?

He's already a bitch. He's the whiniest little baby in the entire DB franchise except for Buu. We just need to be strong enough to call him that and not die.

Kami doesn't say anything further as the two of you wait for Mr. Popo to return with the Sacred Water. Goku, who lies unconscious at your feet, isn't very good for conversation either.

Then again, until Goku wakes up, there isn't much that you and Kami can talk about anyway. It seems best to just wait for Popo at this point, and maybe give some thought to the subjects you know are going to come up.

First of all; the massive elephant in the room. Goku killed you. Even though he was being mind-controlled by some witch, it's not something you can just ignore. You and Goku are going to have to talk about it.

Then, there's the matter of the witch herself. Perhaps Kami or Goku know where she is. If not, tracking her down could be difficult. And, of course, there is the matter of what to do about Piccolo, who escaped the recent battle.

Two dangerous enemies are missing, but at least Tao has been taken down for good.

Popo emerges from the Lookout's building, carrying a vial of water somewhat similar in appearance to the Sacred Water of Korin Tower. But, as Kami claims, this water is truly mystical in nature, and will be able to free Goku from the influence of the witch.

"Here you are, Kami," the caretaker says, handing the Guardian the bottle.

"Tofoo, would you care to do it?" Kami asks, offering you the bottle.

>A. Yes

>B. No, he can do it

>C. Something else

>>A. Yes

>A. Yes

>A. Yes
Sure. It's a nice gesture to hopefully start us on the path of healing.

We know that wasn't Goku back there.

Well, I mean, if you want to get technical....

You know what I mean.

I mean, could you imagine an evil Goku? He'd be horrifying. Killing waifus and shit all over the place.

Good thing that'll never happen. We can put any fears of Goku behind us now for all time.

Yeah thank goodness all us ningen will be safe from an evil Goku

For sure, no more evil Gokus

And certainly no evil Gokus doing things to waifus

A
The sayian sagas going to be weird
The friza sagas going to be a bitch
The cell sagas going to be REALLY weird

I can't wait.

I hope we manage to take Nappa, or at least prevent deaths. It's a long shot, but at the same time almost all of the crew slacked off hard between now and when they land. They didn't even take their Kami training that seriously.

You take the bottle from Kami, and kneel beside Goku, lifting his head to make him take the drink.

As soon as the liquid touches his tongue, he erupts into a violent coughing fit, his body spasming violently and nearly knocking the bottle from your hand. You back away, watching as the horrible convulsions grow more violent before slowly subsiding.

Coughing one last time, Goku sits up and opens his eyes, hands flying up to his head and holding it as if he had a terrible migraine.

"Ugh....what just.." he starts before going quiet, looking blankly ahead and lowering his hands.

His head slowly turns to stare at you, a look of horror on his face. It seems he knows exactly what he did while under Morgan's influence, and is predictably not taking it particularly well.

"Welcome back, Goku," Kami tells your friend. "It is good to have you with us once again."

Goku looks toward Kami. "Kami, I-"

"It was not your fault," Kami tells him gently.

"Tofoo, I'm sorry," Goku tells you earnestly, looking at you once again. "I couldn't control myself, no matter how hard I tried."

>A. It's okay, you forgive him

>B. Smack him upside the head, then say you forgive him

>C. Ask if he knows where Morgan is

>D. Something else

We train super fucking hard every day every year when radditz comes we roll a 100 and one shot him

>>B. Smack him upside the head, then say you forgive him
>>C. Ask if he knows where Morgan is

B
Then
C

Joke about not letting him get so far ahead of us in training.

Actually, if we keep going Bulma route, I can see this happening. We're a well known martial artist who has been sponsored by Capsule Corp. I can see the company at least asking us to keep training so we can keep competing and being a public figure for easy publicity.

"Just hope you don't get you killing me get to your head, thinking your the strongest from the two of us. I wasn't really trying my best when fighting you then."

Goku is truly sorry for what he's done, you know that. He may be a dope, but he would never seriously hurt you on purpose, and the fact that someone forced him into doing it really seems to have disturbed him. Getting mad, or yelling at him won't do you much good. He's sorry, and you've already forgiven him.

But, you still feel you owe him a good lick or two.

Stepping back over to Goku, you smack him upside the head. He rubs the spot where you hit him, looking at you with a pained expression.

"I forgive you," you assure him.

Goku lets out a relieved sigh, and smiles.

"Do you know where Morgan is?" you ask him.

"No, I think she was in a cave somewhere for a while, but she was going somewhere else when she sent me after the Red Ribbon Army," Goku answers.

"I can find her," Kami promises. "As Guardian, I've mastered reading the energies of this planet. The energies unleashed by magic are quite distinct, and since there are few sorcerers left on this planet, she should be easy to find once she does anything."

"Good, then we'll be ready," Goku says, his expression serious and angry. "I'll teach her a lesson she'll never forget!"

Kami nods. "If you two so choose, I believe you are due some revenge. However, I am capable of dealing with her if you wish to turn your attention elsewhere."

"Piccolo is still out there," he reminds you both. "He remains a threat, but today has changed things. The battle he just fought has terrified him; the strength of Tofoo and my willingness to give my own life have made him afraid to show his face. His plans for world conquest will be halted for some time."

Kami glances between you and Goku. "Of course, there is no telling what will happen years from now. If the two of you wish to destroy Piccolo, I will help you."

>A. Yes, Piccolo must die

>B. No, between you, Goku, Kami, and the others, Piccolo can't rule the world

If this actually happend it would fuck the continuity so hard,vegeta wouldn't even have a reason to appear

Killing him is a last resort option since it means killing Kami.

>>B. No, between you, Goku, Kami, and the others, Piccolo can't rule the world

"Hate to lose the best teacher I've had."

I know how we can avoid being unable to be wished back by Shenron wish to be invulnerable.

"Honestly if I'm glad Bulma talked me out of killing you Kami, otherwise I wouldn't have a way to be back here if the dragonballs were gone. Not to mention from the fight I had with him, I was still on top, even with the few hindrances I had to face, before you showed up Kami."

>>A. Yes, Piccolo must die
>A. Yes, Piccolo must die

"No, between you, me, Goku, and the others, Piccolo will never win," you assure Kami. "And honestly, I'm glad Bulma talked me out of killing you, otherwise I would have had no way to come back to life. Besides, you've been a good teacher."

Kami smiles. "And the two of you have been fantastic students. It's a pity you refused to become my successor, Tofoo. I feel that you would have done the job well."

The Guardian looks over to your friend. "Goku, you have shown a great dedication to protecting this world. How would you like to replace me as Guardian?"

"Are you nuts?!" Goku asks, looking horrified. "I'd go crazy if I had your job!"

Kami chuckles, lowering his head and smiling fondly. "Very well, I will find another successor, then. However, you two are free to come here whenever you wish, and may train here as you please."

"Sounds good," Goku tells him.

>A. Thank Kami

>B. Ask Kami to take you back to your friends

>C. Ask Kami to find Morgan so you and Goku can deal with her

>D. Ask Kami to deal with Morgan

>E. Go to Korin Tower

>F. Something else

>>B. Ask Kami to take you back to your friends

We got business to take care of. We were dead after all.

Are you a Bulma fag Anime?

>>C. Ask Kami to find Morgan so you and Goku can deal with her

>>D. Ask Kami to HELP deal with Morgan

>F Ask Kami how he plans to deal with Morgan.

>E. Go to Korin Tower

MOAR MAGIC HEAL ALLS

I've been a Bulma fag since the beginning.

And while he is doing that
>E. Go to Korin Tower
To see if he has any senzyu's for our friends below, since they need them.

Then you're of no use to me.

Who here is NOT a Bulma fag?

>A. Thank Kami
Now to get Goku laid

>>A. Thank Kami
Voting to remember to thank Kami

Probably ask Goku how he got his Nimbus back, since our Dark Nimbus got mouth vapped by Piccolo.

Hold on there son. There are workings in place that might delay that.

We should learn some magic.

you're right. we gotta derail the bulma train first

Only if it leads to being a muscle wizard

Good idea

You make it sound like he smoked it.

Piccolo confirmed for vaping

This a good idea and probably one of the only things that could keep us relevant when friza comes around

Smoke Nimbus erryday

This is why you never see Korins eyes

Agreed. However, let's not have Morgan try to teach us, Lets ask Kami how he thinks she picked up the basics and do what she did, and just get better at it.

"Thank you, Kami," you tell your teacher.

Kami answers with a nod.

"Can you find Morgan so me and Goku can deal with her?" you request.

"Yes, of course," Kami tells you. "It should not take very long, a few hours at most."

"Then I'm going to Korin Tower," you announce.

"Very well, return here when you are finished there," Kami instructs before smirking. "Unless you want Goku to have all of the fun."

With that, you turn and rush to the edge of the Lookout, leaping off the side and quickly descending toward the smaller, but still massive tower below the Lookout.

You land in the part of the tower where Korin usually keeps the Sacred Water, and find the cat there, looking off the edge down to the land below.

"Tofoo, welcome back," your old teacher says, turning toward you and slowly walking over. "I was watching that little scrap you got into down there. Good work."

>A. Thank him

>B. Ask if you could have some Senzu Beans for your friends

>C. Tell him that the Dark Nimbus was destroyed

>D. Something else

>A. Thank him

So I heard you like namefags so you can recognize your players.

>>A. Thank him
>>B. Ask if you could have some Senzu Beans for your friends
>>C. Tell him that the Dark Nimbus was destroyed

>D. Something else
Ask how Morgan might have learned magic

>A. Thank him

>A. Thank him
"Honestly I'm more impressed with how everyone else fared while I was in Otherworld and Goku was mind jacked."
>B. Ask if you could have some Senzu Beans for your friends

This

So, to do:
get Goku Laid
attend Krillin's wedding
find Morgan
find a successor for Kami
find Piccolo and talk to him (maybe?)
spar with Goku to git gud (maybe?)
work as a sponsor for Capsule Corp (maybe?)
see if there's a way to retry Snake Way without dying (maybe?)

Seems like we've got a few things to do.

"Thanks, Korin," you tell the cat. "It's just too bad the Dark Nimbus was destroyed in the fight."

"It's a shame, but I think I can get you a replacement," he tells you. "I've got a few others hanging around, so I can spare one."

"Thanks," you tell him. "Do you think you could give me some Senzu Beans for the others, too?"

"Sure thing," he tells you, producing a small pouch. "I figured you'd be stopping by for some beans."

He tosses the pouch to you, then walks to the edge of the tower, holding out his staff. A few moments later, a dark cloud streaks down from the sky, floating at the side of the tower.

"Give the others my regards," Korin instructs.

>A. You will

>B. Thank him again

>C. Go back to the Lookout

>D. Fly the Nimbus to your friends

>E. Something else

>A. You will

>D. Something else
Ask how Morgan might have learned magic

If he doesn't know Kami will

>A. You will
>>B. Thank him again

>A. You will
>B. Thank him again

We need to hang out with Korin at some point. I feel like he just gives people stuff and gets no one but Yajirobe who he doesn't even have in this quest
>A. You will

>B. Thank him again

All your fault

"I will," you promise. "Thanks again."

"Don't mention it, kid," Korin tells you.

Saying goodbye, you hop aboard the Dark Nimbus, and fly it back up to Kami's Lookout, finding Goku where you left him, only throwing punches and kicks into the air as Popo tends to the gardens.

"Hey, welcome back," Goku greets as you hop off the Nimbus.

"Kami has gone to start looking," Popo tells you. "He will let you know if he finds anything."

>A. Wait for Kami

>B. Go back to your friends to give them the beans

>C. Something else

>>B. Go back to your friends to give them the beans

>A. Wait for Kami

B
Also find bulma so she knows we're alive

He's busy training Mr. Satan in the ways of the sword.

We should get Kami a cell phone or something with some prepaid minutes.

It sounds like you have some time to spare. Goku's taking the opportunity to do a little bit of training, but you think your time might be better spent going back to your friends and giving them the Senzu Beans you got from Korin.

"I'll be back," you tell Popo before rushing to the edge of the Lookout and hopping off, the Dark Nimbus catching you halfway down.

Closing your eyes, you try your best to sense for your friends, but their energy is very weak. With Tenshinhan and Chaozu unconscious, Krillin, Chichi, and Yamcha all exhausted and wounded, and Bulma not being a fighter, it's quite difficult to pick up their energy signatures.

For several minutes, the Dark Nimbus just transports you aimlessly, zipping all around as you try to find your friends. Eventually, you manage to locate them, and direct the Nimbus toward their energy.

The wreckage of the airship is where your friends have gathered. Bulma, Yamcha, Krillin, and Chichi all sit with an unconscious Tenshinhan and Chaozu, talking among themselves.

When you leap off the Nimbus and land a few feet from them, you see a lot of surprised expressions.

"Tofoo, where'd you go?" Krillin asks curiously.

>A. To get Goku fixed

>B. To get some Senzu Beans

>C. Something else

>A. To get Goku fixed
"He's back to his cheery self."

>C
"Talked with God for a while, now help me feed these magic beans to everyone."

A
B
C toss them the beans

>A. To get Goku fixed
You know, we keep kinda just disappearing on our friends after big moments without explaining and stuff. I can't imagine they appreciate it much. Like, they probably understand, but I doubt that's enough for them not to get at least a little upset over time.

Yeah, but at least you come back as fast as you can

>A. To get Goku fixed

>A. To get Goku fixed
Sorry about the delay guys. We just wanted to make sure Goku was fixed so we didn't have to deal with that a second time. We're in no condition for round 2

"To get Goku fixed," you answer.

Bulma, who was frowning a bit and looking a little irritated, relaxes upon hearing this. "How is Goku?"

"He's back to his normal, cheery self," you answer. "And while I was there, I picked up some Senzu Beans."

Fishing into the bag, you throw one to Krillin, one to Chichi, and one to Yamcha. As they eat up, you feed two more to Tenshinhan and Chaozu.

Two remain in the bag; one for you, and one for Goku. Korin was prepared for your visit.

"I love these things," Yamcha comments, a grin on his face as his strength is restored.

"No kidding," Krillin agrees. "We really need to learn how to grow them ourselves."

"So, where is Goku?" Bulma asks.

>A. Back on the Lookout; you and him are going to track down the witch

>B. Back on the Lookout, and you have to get back there right away

>C. Something else

>>A. Back on the Lookout; you and him are going to track down the witch

Really? No jokes about getting Goku "fixed"? I'm disappointed in both Krillin and Yamcha

>A. Back on the Lookout; you and him are going to track down the witch.
"Which I need to head back soon, both him and I have some serious payback to give to Morgan."

I wonder if Capsule Corp would want to get into the bean GMO business

"Back on the Lookout," you tell her. "The two of us are going to track down that witch. So, I'll need to head back soon. We both have some serious payback to give her."

"Yeah, make sure you stop her for good," Krillin tells you. "I kind of wish I could be there myself."

"We should head back to the village," Chichi tells him. "Father's all better, and we should be able to have our wedding soon."

Krillin smiles back at Chichi. "Right. Tofoo and Goku have this, anyway."

Tenshinhan and Chaozu, meanwhile, stand by the body of Tao, looking down at it somberly.

"So, he's gone," Tenshinhan observes.

"Yeah, Tofoo beat him, and I finished him off," Krillin tells him.

Tenshinhan nods, and gently picks up the body, walking away from the group with it in his arms.

"Where are you going?" Bulma calls after him.

"To give Tao a proper burial," Tenshinhan answers. "Are you coming, Yamcha?"

"Yeah, be right there," Yamcha answers, following the other Crane Students.

"I don't get it," Bulma says as she watches them go. "Tao was awful. He doesn't deserve this kind of treatment."

>A. Tao taught Tenshinhan and Chaozu, and Yamcha is just being respectful to his friends

>B. You agree

>C. Tell the others you'll see them later

>D. Go back to the Lookout

>E. Something else

>A. Tao taught Tenshinhan and Chaozu, and Yamcha is just being respectful to his friends
"Coming Bulma? Or are you heading back home?""

>>A. Tao taught Tenshinhan and Chaozu, and Yamcha is just being respectful to his friends

>>D. Go back to the Lookout

>E. Something else

Time for a witch hunt!
We should start where she was last seen. I wonder if Misa has any further knowledge, or potential to be hooked up with Goku

Tao was a bastard, but in a sense he was also almost like family in a way (to them).

There's no need to hold a grudge. It's over.

Tell Bulma we still want that date, but we have to make sure the witch can't just turn Goku or anyone else again first. It'd be a bad date if we got attacked in the middle of it.

And this, since RR might have blown up what ever transport our friends used.

Do you guys want to include inviting Bulma?

naw. she'd just get mind controlled

no

If she's okay with it. It could be dangerous. But then again, that's just our life. She started a dangerous journey for dragonballs.

Taking back to the Lookout or going on a witch hunt?
Cause I'm for the Lookout, otherwise, don't want to endanger her.