RE:Monster Ex Quest 135

You don't actually get to hear whatever it was the not-druid was going to say.

Light coalesces around you and your friends, growing brighter by the second, pulsing in time with the distant gate, runes lighting all around it visible even from where you stand.

You make to yell at your opponent even as he starts to laugh, the sound somehow carrying over the incessant whine of magic and the sickening sense of reality giving way before the spreading power.

"-YOU'RE CHEATING AND YOUR GOD IS CHEATING AND YOU ARE A BUNCH OF CHEATERS!"

You reappear in the field- the one in town, with people walking around it and a very suprised looking guard standing at the edge of the wheat.
Adventurers about to take their first steps into a different dimension pause, looking at you in a very confused, but familiar sort of way.

It's a 'That's a giant spider and it just came out of the dungeon. Do we fight it? Are monsters invading? She's really big. And Angry. maybe we should wait, and see if someone else fights her. That seems safe.'

Jin cruises low through the cool air, the sun not quite over the walls of the town, early morning dew glistening on the plants all around you.

You wanna kick a few over.

>The guard is staring like he wants to say something.
>...You got loot, didn't you? You better have gotten loot.
>Lighting the fields on fire makes a fire monster? You'll show him a fire monster. There'll be so much fire he won't even know which way is up.
>Other(?)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/u/REQM
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Re-Monster
youtube.com/watch?v=FRivqBxbHRs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Announcements: twitter.com/REQMX

Q&A: ask.fm/REQM

Character Sheet and Misc:
pastebin.com/u/REQM

Archive:
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Re-Monster

>>...You got loot, didn't you? You better have gotten loot.
The spider begins! I missed it!
Also, lyra accusing people of cheating is just delicious.

Ignore the guard then lament when Nin is mid introduction and we realise what is going on...

>Other
"The dungeon boss is a cheating cheater, and so's his god. They kicked me out because I was making them look bad because of how much they needed to cheat."
>smug spider

>>The guard is staring like he wants to say something.

Worst god/dungeon ever.

I hope this guardsman if funny tooo

If we end up mixing these two options, one way to go about it would be to hold up a finger to the guard in a "Hold that thought" kind of way, and then rifle through the bags.

Did we ever find out if nin likes wheat and wheat products?
What's all everybody's stance on bread and grains?

Guards and Loot.

Writing!

>What's all everybody's stance on bread and grains?

Dogs love bread, so I'm going to guess at least of wolf would like it.

yeah, that's probably a good guess.
Basically, I'm wondering what the sandwich/meat ratio we're working with here is

How many times do you think "waiting until the monster isn't angry" works out for adventurers?

I wonder what kind of loot we got with those rolls last thread.

I bet the stupid not-druid stole our gold.

Wheat of ultimate grain harvest
Bowl of infinite porridge
charm of fertile fields
Calfskin of animal rearing

Depends if there's a bard in the party

oh, and, since it's a fertility god, a LOT of shit we're too young to use.
Like, oh man, this shouldn't be in kids hands shit.

Wedding dress?

fertility stuff.

Soooo moth dust? he gave us more moths ...OH GOD HE GAVE US MORE MOTHS

Wedding Dress you say?

>RE:M and Merc 2030 on the same day

Yeeeeeeesssssss

quick question, what still left on our todo list? Do we still need to see the dwarves before we see our aunt and the queen be or did we do that already?

we need to properly paint the town red, for one.
Climb on all the damworks, be on rooves, etcetera.

We already saw the dwarves I think, we made them an outdoor forge.
I'd like to see our aunt again before we left. I think she's still reading the letter. We might be able to hitch a ride home with her on whatever FANCY merchant shit she has to ride on.

I guess next is the water dungeon? Might have to do it alone since we're the only one who can hold their breath.

Teach Nin how to sing and play an instrument, and there ya go; she's practically a bard already.

oh, and I think the adventurer guild leader still wants us to visit and trade stories.

I choose no water dungeon

She even makes her own roofies

Maybe she can sing

WAIT NO I TAKE IT BACK PLEASE NO

Because there's no such thing as too many spider pics.

So: enroll her in the Bard's College, and, when she (predictably) gets sent on a quest to recover lost verses to ancient songs, or to find a legendary instrument, we can be her back-up.

>lyra will never get a part time job being a barmaid for some side cash
Extreme strength and spider silk giving us effectively infinite cash has some downsides.

I would laugh if it turns out that Nin has a horrible singing voice....whereas Lyra sounds divine.

we use the powers of book lungs to extend our singing capacity.
I think.

It's not that far fetched actually nin probably never studied song in here life while Lyra probably was in chorus or a school play some time in her life

Given what we remember I doubt Sarah's parents were involved enough for that kind of extracurricular.

>Floppy bunny ears on a spider
Ew

We haven't visited the temples yet? We talked about visiting them to thank the gods for our blessings. Eiryn, the paladin, told us that we might want to keep quiet about it though since people can get a bit odd about blessings.

it's part of the novelty costume.

Unrelatedly, but man, none of us have ever caught a cold before.
It's going to be absolutely devestating when our unimmune young bodies get hit by that shit.
Inb4 lyra's body temperature control goes wonky

So much fire even Jin will stop and stare and-

"Can I Help you?"

You'll admit there might be something of an edge to your tone at the moment, but you feel that given your current state of frustration, it is representative of a serious attempt at politeness.

The guard flinches anyway.

"Er."
"I am upset, yes? But not at you."
"Arright."

He continues to stand awkwardly at attention while you wait, until you cough in the subtle way of a giant spider covered in monsters.
Nin has rejoined the Lyra convoy, leaning over your shoulders to watch the guardsman as she arranges a snoring Ezzy around your neck.

How does she even do that? You were fighting, what- At most fifteen minutes ago?

"You have something to say, yes?"
"Oh, yeah."

You wait again.

"Are- Are you going to say it? Eventually?"
"Uh. Right. Right! The uh. The guild- Guild something. Guild guy. He wants... Uh."
"This can wait, yes."
"You've got six eyes."
"Thank you, I got them from my mother."

You root through your bags as your erstwhile messenger stands and attempts to formulate something approaching a parrot's level of conversational ability.

You were promised loot, and so help you, if it wasn't delivered-

The first thing you find is a modest pile of coinage, all gold, and all from a mix of cultures and time periods and regions. Not even one of them match.

The second thing you find is a golden piece of wheat.

You'd consider it to be irony, or maybe a subtle attempt at a joke- A play on the dungeon's name, maybe.
But you've decided that gods have neither subtlety or any sense of humour, so you glare at the offending plant shaped mineral before your tuck it away in your bag.

The last two are a bit less ire-drawing, and fall conveniently into the 'mysterious magical items' category, neatly relieving you of your building rage.

If a GOD somehow managed to gyp you of loot so hard that he made a wizard look good, you'd-

You're not sure, actually. What would you do to get some form of vaguely karmic and entirely petty revenge on divinity?
Burn bread everywhere you find it?
Find a farm and weave a huge spider web with a message over the pigpen? Wheat Sucks, maybe?
It's a question you can ponder over an entire animal later, you think.

One of the items in question is a woven crown of flowers, still fresh, and likely to remain that way. You can sense the feeling of magic flowing through the fragile seeming article, and you put it into the bag carefully, heedless of the pleading looks from moths.

And the last, you recognize. The oddly beaten sickle the old man wielded against you in the boss fight, dully gleaming, catching what little light there is.

That's something, you're sure.
Exactly what, you'll find out.

You turn your attention back to the guardsman.
"Are you ready to talk, yes?"

"The guild secretary sent word you were in the dungeon and people were posted so we could send you to the guild when you came out end."
"End?"
"No. Yes."

"I will go and speak with her, yes."

>Just, not right now. First, food.
>There's time. And the guild can probably tell you what you've earned.
>Is that everything, then?
>Other(?)

Looking at her hairstyle just made me wonder: how do our siblings + Mom keep their hair? Do any of them have different hair colors, besides Sarah?

Strange question, but I like having a solid image in my head.

We should just visit each one casually and see if anyone notices how many we're going to.

>>There's time. And the guild can probably tell you what you've earned.

>>Is that everything, then?
You're not forgetting any MORE message, right?

Well I know Nin braids our hair intermittently, but other than that I don't know what the other spiders do with their hair.

Afterwards we must go remove all the bears from the nearest forest. And the next nearest forest.

Also

>magic sickle get

...do I spy the head for our new polearm?

I should have specified that it was more of a question for REQM

Yes we got the sickle...now how do we turn it into a full on War Scythe?

I'm going to guess that the Sickle doesn't have an ice enchant on it...

I'm going to guess it is useful mostly for agriculture

But war scythes are improvised shiiiiiiiit

Better to make it a billhook or chicken sickle

We can eat while she talks to us! We're a multi-thread spider.

Guilds and a question that will probably be answered within a week. Maybe.

Writing!

> Other (consider carving 'Lyra was here' into the fence gate post thing near the entrance to the dungeon. Or asking if doing so is considered vandalism or just heresy)

Lyra was here is mandatory at all locations of interest

We could turn the archway or whatever it is into a bunch of little spiders giving the portal the middle finger.

So how long until Mom appears to stranglehug us for evolving again?

I dunno, we haven't gauged her pace.
She's a fast one though.

I think the crown bit is going to be the worse part.

Just hope she catches us in elven homeland while we are talking to bee princesses.

Seeing old mom get called the queen mother would be hillarious.

Her pace is that she will show up right we LEAST want her to.

So if not here then at the elflands while talking to Erics side of the family there.

>Seeing old mom get called the queen mother would be hillarious.
>Lyra:"NOW YOU KNOW MY PAAAAAIN!"

That would mean mom and dad with us at the same time.

Would lead to some interesting conversations.

inb4 mom is the queen we are the princess

Mom trims hers to keep it in check, but it's still fairly long. It's black.
Sara's was long, and is now less so due to explosive experimentation. It's almost black-blue.
Aria's is black, and she's torn between keeping it short to be different from you, and keeping it long to be like mom. It is a mess.
Ephrem and Zach's is black, and usually short and messily self cut. They had a competition to see whose was longer, which ended when they both got stuck in a bush.
Elle's has turned a very pale blonde. She is a colourful spider. It's long, and usually tied back so she can work.
Lyra's is long, black, and whatever style her passengers happen to feel like at the moment.

>elle got a new hair color too
sweet!

How long until aria discovers hair dyes?

If Aria doesn't decide, she's going to end up sporting a side-cut.

>Elle's has turned a very pale blonde. She is a colourful spider. It's long, and usually tied back so she can work.

>Blumenkranz intensifies

youtube.com/watch?v=FRivqBxbHRs

So your saying our sister is going to be a spider skrillex knock off?

Elle is just busily terrorizing the starter village.

I doubt spider forest is a starting zone. More like a open world raid area.

Posting relevant link.
www.spiderzrule.com/spiderweb.htm

well, we are approaching raid boss.

But still, elle is busy there.

Links busted.

You mean Oakring?

We were a low level raid boss. Then we evolved and got a skull on our butt.

Now we are a raid boss that requires high end parties to take down if they get us angry.

We will be on the godly difficult raid boss list by the time we evolve next.

>then we evolved and got a skull on our butt

So the standard arachne is a low-level raid boss?

Looking at mom, yes.

pretty much. Any competent one at least.

The problem is that arachne live in packs and unless you nuke them all instantly they can call all the other one in the forest.

not really packs. They are actually pretty spread out unless they are direct family. And even then, the younglings will eventually leave the nest and get their own territory

She literally faced a raid of wolves and won, so, I'd say that her boss status has been cemented. Well, at least in Oakring.

"Is that... everything?"
"uh. The duke! He wants to see you before you leave."
"Before I leave the dungeon?"
"Before you leave town. Please."

You can probably do that. If you feel like it.

But for now- You'll go to the guild. Because unidentified magical loot is all but burning a hole in your pocket, and you finished a dungeon and-

You finished a dungeon.

You are an adventurer with a party and you have gone on an actual literal dungeon run. You beat a boss and got loot. Magical loot.

It strikes you somewhere between the dungeon and the guild, and Nin is looking in a sort of worried way because you're laughing and smiling proabbly a little too hard.

You drag her off your back for a hug as she squeals, and you toss her and catch a few times before she's laughing as well.

It's... odd, right?
Maybe a half hour ago, it seemed sort of mundane. It is sort of mundane. Adventurer is just a job here, right? And dungeons are around. And you're a giant spider person, and Dads an elf, your sister is a mage and your Mom is an adventurerknown all over-

But you beat a dungeon. A dungeon!

So you grin with the sort of manic energy of a child whose dreams have come true, and march your way to the guild with the tingling sensation of adrenaline and whatever the brain's happy drug is.

You even manage to greet the secretary without giggling, an achievement if you've ever seen one.

"Hello Ren!"
The secretary/terror watches you with some suspicion.

"Why are you looking at me like that, yes?"
"Why are you smiling like that?"
"Because I am happy? I am allowed to be happy."
"I had seven reports of screaming death spiders in the portal field."

"....I am not a death spider, yes."
"Of course, my mistake. Giant spider woman with giant skull and fire."
"It was only a bit of swearing. And how did that get here before I did?"
"Talent, probably."

You shake your head as Nin giggles.

Arachne tend to be solitary, if only due to needing to stay out of each other's hunting grounds for fear of accidentally extincting the prey species.

Plus clutches are usually 2-3 babes last I checked, I know REQM said having 6 was unusual.

You kind of forgot that you were still holding her.

You put the moth down and shoo her to the side as you continue the conversation.
"So."
"So."
"You wanted to speak with me, yes?"
"Well, yes. At your earliest convenience. Are you good to go right out of the dungeon?"

"I will be fine, yes. The rest of them sleep on me, anyways."

>First, can you look at my loot?
>So, what is it you wanted?
>Can we eat while we talk?
>Other(?)