Dog Days Quest Episode 115

Pastebin:pastebin.com/jCGAA6J2
Archive:suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=dog days quest
Twitter:twitter.com/Announcer_QM

Kayda turns away from you, and then slowly walks away.
Her two companions, realizing that the conversation is over, quickly rejoin her.

You're left with an empty feeling. One that you're not even sure how to explain to someone else.

That feeling is almost muted. No, overwhelmed by another sensation that threatens to overtake your body.

"Aw kid, You did a good job." Cody pats your head with his tobacco-stained hand once more. "It's a work in progress."

Right, you know that feeling. The feeling of being frustrated with someone.

You are Dorje, and that's just how people know you. Dorje. Your hair is white; minus some tobacco stains. Your experience with girls is lacking.
This whole idea of asking someone who you barely know out was probably a bad idea to begin with. Why did you listen to this guy?

The only reason you sought him out today is to learn a skill that might help with your long-ranged attacks. This man, Cody, while not being personable and even a little irritating. He is very skilled with a weapon that he keeps strapped to his hip.

Truthfully, it frightened you at first. It's loud, smells bad, and makes your teeth chatter every time it fires. Oh, you're also really, really bad with it.

Why can't you just use magic for everything? Funny story, that same girl you just asked out was in trouble not too long ago. You don't really have a weapon that is effective outside of arm's reach. Aside from your fists, which are the only weapons you are skilled with.

If the close call with Kayda is any indication; they're certainly not enough to protect anyone but yourself.

>Cont.

It bothers you that the gun thing hasn't worked out, but there's always other weapons. Bows, Spears, maybe there's some other kind of bizarre future-weapon you can find hidden away in the armory.

You will explore the possibilities in due time, but first, lunch.

Cody sits across from you at the table. You both quietly eat in peace.
Until he decides to ask another invasive question.

"Hey kid, Do you even like this girl?"
You don't dignify that with a response.

"What about your princess? She was all over you last time I saw you two together."
Again, no good can come from answering this.

"..Do you like girls?"

>WHAT?!
>No answer.
>Get mad.
>Calmly reaffirm your heterosexuality.
>"Yes, okay? I think Kayda and Princess Eileen are pretty."
>"Okay, fine! I think I like Kayda."
>Other?

>"Yes, okay? I think Kayda and Princess Eileen are pretty."

>Calmly reaffirm your heterosexuality.
>Other?
"Beyond that I have no idea what I want or what I'm doing."

>Get mad.
>WHAT?!
>Of course I do! I like Kayda and Princess Eileen!
>At least… I think I do.
>Wait. What are you implying?

>"Yes? Okay? I like both Kayda and Princess Eileen, I think they're pretty."
>"At least, I think I do."
>"Beyond that I have no idea what I want or what I'm doing."
>"Wait, what are you implying?"
Writing!

>tfw no yaoi time

"Yes! Okay?!"
You can feel a light blush on your cheeks.

"Good, we can work from there." Cody takes another bite of his food.

"I think I like both Kayda and Princess Eileen. They're both extremely pretty, but-"
You look down, onto your empty plate.
"-Beyond that, I have no idea what I want or what I'm doing."

"That's what it's like being young, Dorje. Enjoy it." Cody takes a drink from, what you're guessing, is alcohol. "First love is always the sweetest."

"Wait." Something about that catches your ear. "Are you saying, there's more than, just one?"

"Pft." Cody downs the whole glass. "Dorje, you've started down a very long and painful path, but you'll be closer to being a man when you take this first step."

You don't like this, not one bit.

"Hey, earlier when you asked if I liked girls. What were you implying?"
"-A very painful path, Dorje." Cody ignores you, and eagerly eyes the waitress. "A very painful path."

The girl walks over, a new glass in-hand. Cody immediately reaches out and gooses her tail. The young lady squeaks; nearly dropping the glass.
Cody pays little mind to her embarrassment. Instead, he focuses on running the soft strands of her tail between his fingers. The white-hair mats, and twirls between the palm of his hand.

The waitress immediately sets the cup down on the table, spilling some in the process. Her legs carry her like the wind away from the table, and safely away from Cody's fingers.

Maybe you picked the wrong guy to get advice from in a number of different ways.

You sigh and turn your attention away from Cody's womanizing.

>Cont.

Oh great, you're in perfect view of the shop that Kayda is in across the town square. Louise and Keiko happily grab dresses and accessories from the shelves. Kayda speaks with an old woman, holding a measuring stick. The hag leads Kayda away into one of the back rooms, and the two silly girls continue fawning over accessories.

Then another woman comes out, this one much younger than the previous attendant. The two girls turn their attention to her, and start talking so loudly that you can almost hear it from all the way over here.

>..Is it wrong to spy on someone?
>Wait, Cody, did you bring me here to spy on these girls?
>What other weapons should I be thinking about?
>What else could I do if someone I knew was in danger?
>Other?

it's fine if it's just a peek, riight?

>Other?
Reconsider magic. The way we used it was nearly useless as a ranged attack, are there other ways to do it? We could try different things, but talking to experienced magic users and looking up books would be smarter.

Also, even if we can't manage to launch spikes into people, we still use the magic so the research will have some benefit.

Alternatively, maybe Dorje already did his research and is just doing what he can.

>Wait, Cody, did you bring me here to spy on these girls?
>…Is it wrong to spy on someone?

>reconsider magic?

Writing!

Now that I think about it, Dorje probably has trouble le with guns because of its lack of connection to physical action, it's just point and shoot. Maybe he needs to be more hands on - I'm thinking throwing daggers. Maybe we can find magic returning daggers. Maybe we can imbue said daggers with earth power so they hit with the weight of a truck.

"Hey Cody." You realize, suddenly, that watching girls in a clothing shop might be a little.. wrong. "Is it really wrong to spy on someone?"

You turn your head at a clattering sound.
Cody has thrown his sugar-spoon onto the brick-laden ground.

"Miss." Cody flags down a waitress. "I believe I dropped something, could you give me a hand?"

The waitress, none the wiser, turns and bends down to pick it up. Exposing just about everything under her too-short skirt.

You save this question to ask someone else later, and consider your options on weaponry.

The way you used the ground attack earlier, didn't seem very effective for helping people. Maybe there's other ways to use ground magic?
You know, this would seem like the perfect question to ask someone who is trained in magic.

Well, not just trained in magic, but maybe trained in magic offense.

The two girls in the store happily hop out and move on to the next store. Whoever is paying their bill is going to be upset.

Maybe you could try throwing something? Yeah! You remember someone who was really talented with stones.
Of course, throwing stones and maybe throwing magic are two completely separate things.

You think they are, at least? You're not sure.
Oh! Knives! You could try throwing knives.
Right?
Maybe?

You know what, this is hard. This is way harder than you first gave it credit for.

Across the street, the young lady that was once helping the two girls picks up an object and eyes it suspiciously. It's a hairband. She disappears into the back room.

Louise and Keiko have already hit the cake shops. They bark out orders and send chefs running in each direction. Mountains of snacks start being piled onto the table.

Why doesn't Kayda act like this? This is how girls are supposed to act, right?

>Speaking of Kayda..
>Go stop the little rampage occurring throughout the town square.
>Save the waitresses from Cody.
>Order something else to eat and consider your options.
>Other?

actually, if we git gud at throing, can't we pick up and throw stones/pebbles and use magic directly on them?

>Go somewhere isolated and just start doing what comes to mind with magic.

>Go somewhere isolated and just start doing what comes to mind with magic.

Writing!

>actually, if we git gud at throing, can't we pick up and throw stones/pebbles and use magic directly on them?

only if you want the power of throwing stones and pebbles at people.

I was sorta hoping we could go full teen titans Terra

Rolled 3, 46 = 49 (2d100)

Rolled 42, 28 = 70 (2d100)

Do me a favor and roll 1d100, best of three.

Rolled 41 (1d100)

Rolled 55 (1d100)

Rolled 9 (1d100)

let's do this

Rolled 47 (1d100)

Okay, you're not sure how much more of Cody's womanizing you can take today.
He's busy trying to cope a feel on another waitress' tail. You take this moment to quietly slip away.

You have something else in mind.

The chaos surrounding the town square continues to build. Now the girls are ordering from a pizza shop, and now they're ordering tea, and now- Okay. How are they holding all of this? They're very clearly collecting each and every one of those boxes. Yet, they seem to just disappear before your eyes. Is this some kind of magic trick that one of them know about?

Can they just store anything, infinitely?

You decide to get some answers, and then maybe put a stop to this.

"Excuse me, you two." You approach with a more confident demeanor.
"Oh hey Dorothy!" Louise beams when she sees you.
"Yeah! Hi Dorey!" Keiko munches on a doughnut.

"Hi." You respond, dryly. The joke is getting old, now. "But listen, you two are making a mess, and-"

"Oh, by the way. We're SO SORRY that Kayda treated you so badly earlier!"
"Mm hmm, she acted like such a jerk." Keiko finishes the doughnut in a single bite.

"..Really? You're sorry? How does Kayda feel about it?"

"Who knows. Look-" Louise leans in close, to whisper. "Kayda has had a lot on her mind lately. Can you please be, um-"
Keiko magically has another doughnut in her hand. "She doesn't want to talk to other people right now, so try not to push her, okay? She wants to be alone."

'Let her alone'?
"Where is she right now?"

"Getting fitted for a dress." Louise smiles. "I think she's grumpy because her old clothes were like leather armor. So we're getting her a nice new outfit!"
"If there's something you want to tell her, we can just go ask."

"No, no. I'm just.. worried."

Louise smiles, and you turn to walk away. That's when they start giggling and gossiping to each other in that really-fast tone.
You can almost feel the rumors physically spreading with every step you take.

>Cont.

"UREYAH!"
Another spikey-stone flies toward the bottles lined up on the fence.

Cody never found you again, and that's probably just as well.
This could work out. You're not sure how strong it could be in the long run, but maybe you could make it work.

They're like stones, but they're jutting with quartz. When thrown as hard as you possibly can, they're like tiny cannonballs which crack through the air.

Merely scratching against one of the bottles is enough to break it down into a glassy powder.

Maybe it's not much, but it's a start!
Right?

You reach into the Earth and pull out another lob of dirt. With some forming, and mashing in the palm of your hand; they become another quartz projectile.

Thinking back on it, there really isn't anything stopping you from doing this with any normal weapon. Just douse it with some very sandy Earth, and you could form layers of quartz all along the blade.
Maybe not very useful, but you could impress Fritelli with that!

"Hey!" You hear a familiar voice, ring out behind you. "Dorothy!"

"It's 'Dorje'!" You shout, almost by instinct. "Not Dorothy, Not Dorey, Dorje!"

It's Louise and Keiko.
Instead of the happy, smiling faces they wore only an hour ago; they seem almost worried.

"Whatever! Dorme! Have you seen Kayda?"

"Seen Kayda?" You repeat the question back. "I thought she was with you. What happened to the dress thing?"

"Strange thing about that. When we got back to the shop, the attendant was knocked-out, cold. Do you think she did that?"

"What about the other attendant?"

"What other one?" Louise looks downright scared. "It's a family business, there's only the mother there this time of day."

>Oh no
>Ohhhhhhh noooooooo
>Take off past them, investigate for yourself.
>Find Cody, right. now.
>Okay, okay, don't panic. No alarm.
>Other?

>Oh no
>And now they're going to eat me
>Ohhhhhhh noooooooo

>Oh no

>Oh no
Writing!

Rolled 33 (1d100)

Could I get 1d100, best of 3? If 3 are still reading, I mean

Thanks.

Rolled 66 (1d100)

of course

Rolled 92 (1d100)

sure, why not?

Rolled 55 (1d100)

Wahaha

Yay!

Oh no.

You were careless, and it's put another comrade in danger again.
It's put HER in danger again.

Immediately, you take off past them. The town almost seems gigantic, and menacing from atop this hill.
With every step; the town grows in size. The feeling of dread pools in your stomach, and the city becomes like a colossus.

--

"KAYDA?!" You shout as you enter the store.
The town guard is already on the case, but they're more interested in searching for stolen things than searching for Kayda.

"Hey buddy." One of them approaches you, "We got this under control, just-M MPPH"
Your hand shoves the dumb looking guard out of the way, and you zip past the confused riffraff.

"Kayda?!" You shout, much to the confusion of a lady holding her head. She's being interviewed by a black-haired girl in a plaid outfit with a long cat tail.

"Who are you?" The girl asks.
"No time! Listen, my friend was in here when the lady was knocked out. Have you seen her?!"

"Oh, that's right, there were customers in here." The lady groans, "I remember picking up a headband, and then walking into the back room, and then-"

Headband?!

You search along the floor, and find it. Definitely one of Kayda's headbands. Covered in multicolored beads and colored leather.

You dart past both of them and into the back room. The door is hanging wide open into the back alley.

"Kayda!" You leap out into the alleyway. It's silent, but you can still sense a vague presence remaining.

You drop to your knee, and your hand starts to comb the nasty, oily dirt of the alley.

There's an indentation, here.
One here, too.

It feels like a single person.
Here, the person took a huge jump, but-

They landed, right over here.

And here, is-

You stop, and look up. In front of you is the oily, filthy form of a cat-ball.

In front of you, the footsteps continue off down the alley.

>Continue down the alley
>Yell Kayda's name again!
>Inspect Cat
>Continue the search from the roof
>Take another route
>Other?

>Continue down the alley

>Continue down the alley

Rolled 73 (1d100)

Writing!

Without a moment to waste, you leave the cat-ball behind and continue down the alleyway.

This is bad, this is terrible!
Oh man, Jack is going to kill you if he finds out that you left Kayda to rot again!

You snap to your senses and stop inches away from a paster-covered wall.

A dead end..

At least, it would be, if you didn't smell the faint odor of burning wood.

"Burning wood?" You repeat to yourself, once more.

Gently, you scrape the plaster before you.
It's not in this house, but a nearby house is rapidly heating up!

You step out of the alleyway, and notice something that you missed before.

Outside, a pitch-black ashen cat-ball lays stunned. A huge hole is smashed in the side of an adjacent building. It's about Kayda's height, and-
And it's glowing inside!

Quickly, you rush to the opening when-
FROOOOSH!

You hit the dirt, and a pillar of flame arcs straight over your head!

A cough ejects some of the mud from your mouth.
Then, you see her.

She's inside of a house, coated in flame. She's standing upright, not moving.
What's more disturbing are her eyes, they seem to be staring straight past you and out into the void.

She stands, motionless, her hands outstretched. She doesn't even acknowledge that the building she's in has erupted into flame.

"Kill." She states, emotion drained from her voice. "Them."

"Kayda?!" You shout at her. Her mouth opens to say something, but is cut off by a beam falling right at her feet!

>Rush in and grab her
>Try to incapacitate her somehow before moving in!
>This is too risky, put the fire out first!
>But how? With sand? Stone?
>Other?

>Rush in and grab her

>Rush in and grab her

Every
Single
Bone
in your body
Is telling you to not go in and get her.

Put the flames out first!
Knock her out somehow!
Use some kind of blanket!
Knock the walls off the building!

Do ANYTHING but run into the burning house, with the burning fire-hero, and lay your bare hands on her before running outside. All the while she's stating her mindless intention to kill.

Don't do it.

Don't even THINK about it.

So, why are you doing it?

Why are your legs moving you toward the building?

Why are you now standing inside of this raging inferno?!

Why aren't you running away?! Who thought this was a good idea?!

"Murder..."

Furthermore, why did you just grab the very person who is stating her intention to murder! Are you insane?!
Your feet pass the precipice of the ruined wall. The heat slowly edges off of your back.

Yet, the heat on your face remains.
Staring you, right in the eye, is another ball of flame forming in Kayda's hand.

"I want.."

Your hand immediately counters with a big ball of sand! The sand rushes over the tiny ember and smothers it.
You drop Kayda, and then step back. She nearly tips over into the mud, but is held aloft by a wall behind her.

She really has no idea what is happening right now!

Everything about her seems fine, except.
There's a tiny rune, that's glowing on her forehead.

"I got to get her back to the castle."

In the distance, there's a yell. It seems that fire has ignited the curiosity of the guard.

>Never mind, I got to get her out of here!
>But, where do I go!?
>What do I do?!
>I can't leave her alone like this!
>She could scorch me again at any time!
>Who cares, just run you idiot!
>Other?

>try to scrub the rune off her forehead

Wait, scratch the who cares line, I misread

>Try t o scrub the rune off her forehead

Writign!

Got it. Writing continues.

The sound of yelling is getting louder, and the structure behind you is burning brighter.

You approach Kayda, but her words make you stop in your tracks.
"Where..."

This is bad. This is really bad!
You can't let them know that a hero just burned down a building. Worst yet, the hero of a nation that has declared war on Biscotti!

You got to get her out of here!

"Why..."

What is going on?!

Is it..

Your eyes fixate on the tiny, blue rune on her forehead.
Cautiously, you approach her and pull her hair back.
It's such a bright rune, it's almost burned its way into the skin.

Your fingers rub the tiny emblem, and nothing happens. Your palm rubs the spot, and it remains as bright as ever.

Soon, your hand is rubbing a red rash on the head of the poor girl.

The rune, however, hasn't budged.

"Hey! Who's there?!" You hear from the end of the alley.

Forget the remedies, it's time to go.

--

You flee the town, and notice several more of the houses are bellowing with smoke.

Water pours onto and into the afflicted structures. Wizards and mages all battle the flames, and they even seem to be winning!

If only you could say the same.

You knock the smoke out of your robes. Kayda managed to give you a good searing on the way over. You just hope no one noticed the pillar of flame which erupted from her hands.

Now, even more worriedly, she's chanting. You almost wonder if her eyes have blinked recently.

>Who do I look for?!
>What do I do?!
>I can't take her to the castle like this!
>Where the hell did Louise and Keiko go?!
>..I need help.
>Other?

Everyone, this has gone on longer than I anticipated, if you guys can keep the thread alive until tomorrow we can have a two-day thread. If not, I will clear a day out this week to run a proper conclusion (promise!)

Next story post is going to be the last one for the night

>>Who do I look for?!
>>What do I do?!
>>..I need help.

>Who do I look for?!
Aligot! he know about magic and stuff
Gag and tie her! that'll make things better...right?

sure thing.

>Where the hell did Louise and Keiko go?!
>..I need help.
Metagame wise, keiko should lead us to atsuko to depossess her. Or whatever is happening, she should have some clue.

>Who do I look for?!
>A-Aligot, I think?!
>..I need help.

Writing last post of the night!

"Who do I look for, what do I do?!"

This is all too much, far too much responsibility being given to you.
You don't know anything about magic! Or curses! Or anything, really!

How are you supposed to fix this...
Aligot.

That's right! Biscotti's archmage. He's smart! He can fix things!
You just need to.

"HeE-"
With a burst, Kayda glows once more and ejects a fireball. This seems to emerge directly from her skin!

You can't take her to the castle like this. You need to-

Oh! You have an idea!

You reach onto your robe and grab a thick layer of cloth from the sleeve.
With a rip, it easily comes off.

"S-sorry Kayda, but I really think this needs to be done right now."

You take a strip of cloth and bind her arms closely behind her back. Then, with the thickest piece you have, you gag her mouth.
The fact that she whispered for help before you did that does not put you at ease. Not one bit.

You heft Kayda onto your shoulder, and start the long trek to Biscotti castle.
That is, until you start to feel a rapid heating sensation against your skin.

Immediately, you set her down and jump back. Just in time for her entire body to glow orange, and for the thin strips binding her to burn away into ash.
That's when another pillar of fire erupts.

That is also the time that you realize something about her clothes. She wasn't wearing a barrier jacket when this happened.

What was once probably a pretty dress, is now ashen rags. Of which only cover half of her body.

So, you're left with a half-naked girl who is erupting with fire at random. Plus, Biscotti guards may or may not want her for arson.

You need help, and you're not sure how to get it. You certainly can't leave her here, now.

"Dad.." She whispers, "Dad, I'm sorry."

Of all the things she has said; this has to hurt you the most.

You pick up her barely-conscious form, and hug her closely. You don't know how, but you're going to fix this.

>Thread Pause

Okay, definitely time for bed.

Everyone, thanks for the thread. If thread is here when I get home tomorrow, we will continue. If not, then I will make a day to finish this up.

See you then!

thanks for running, see you soon

Dorje put your barrier jacket on her you twit.

Bump

bump

Bump

Bump

I wonder if he'll show up?

Maybe Thor brought drinks.

Hope not.
I missed this thread yesterday so I'd like to continue.
Plus, getting nervous over what happened to the poor girl.

In the distance; this might come off as a very romantic scene.

An unconscious maiden, valiantly being carried back to safety by the aid of a noble hero.
FWROOOSH!
..Until the fire erupts. Then the romantic atmosphere burns away, and is left with a much more tense atmosphere.

Wait, who would ever call this 'romantic'? Certainly not you.
Certainly not after Kayda suddenly fell unconscious and abruptly started spitting fire everywhere.
All the while chanting and moaning, as if she's in intense pain. As if she's completely unaware to the world around her.

Who would ever call it that?

You are Dorje, and today has made you a mixture of disturbed, scared, angry, and worried. Sometimes you feel as if you're completely under control, and other times the tide is whisking you away to yet another situation that you are ill-prepared to deal with.

Maybe this is why that Jack fellow drinks as much as he does.

Oh man, when Jack finds out about this; he's going to be so mad at you.

You wait for Kayda's body to cool before picking her up and making another break for the castle.
Maybe. Maybe you could set her down in the training yards.

This all still depends on if she's wanted for starting a fire in Biscotti. One that seemed pretty serious and maybe burned a few shops down.

With a hop, you leap over to Kayda and wrap your barrier jacket around her once more. You grab her and start your dash toward the tall structure in the distance.

That is, until you smell smoke once more.
You tried covering the charred tatters of her clothing with your barrier jacket, but-

FOOOM!

..It keeps getting blown off. Plus, it's the only thing that's protecting you from becoming somewhere between medium-rare and extra-crispy right now.

>This isn't working. I need a new strategy.
>I can control Earth, right? Maybe I need some Earth armor right now.
>I'm close enough, I don't think anyone will bother her if I run to get help.
>Set her down and try to understand her babbling.
>Other?

>give her your barrier jacket

>>I can control Earth, right? Maybe I need some Earth armor right now.

Oh ad the barriet jacket thing to my vote.

ADD the barriet jacket thing to my vote.

So hey, announcer, how ya doing?

Dude, we already tried giving her our barrier jacket, did you read the last couple lines?

ah, nevermind what I said here then

i meant, try to attach it better or something

>This isn't working. I need a new strategy.

Pretty good, I wish I started a bit sooner. Today was my last day at my old job.

But eh, oh well.

Writing!

This is starting to grind on your nerves.
You're so close! You're almost in yelling distance of the castle!

Maybe if you can flag down some guards, they can go get Aligot.

Or maybe..
Maybe..

You can control Earth, right? Earth is almost entirely fireproof.
At least, you've never seen the ground catch on fire spontaneously. That's reserved for trees and grass.

Could you.. maybe use your magic to keep from being blasted by fire?

You think about earlier, and the quartz crystals. Those crystals seem fairly resilient to heat. Heck, they make glass out of that stuff!

Maybe, just maybe..

You take your shirt off, and lay down on the sandy dirt.
Then, you start rolling like a dog.

The dusty, filthy Earth starts to cake onto your skin. A few globs of soil stick to one another. Those globs start to harden into something much stronger.
It starts with the almost painful feeling of something stabbing you along your skin. By the time you're done; you find difficulty standing. The entire topsoil layer of where you were rolling is now clinging tightly to your body. The dust hardening into something like a protective skin.

Perfect.

You walk over, and pick the unconscious girl up again.

FRARRSSHHH!

A wave of heat rolls over you, but not unbearable heat! It feels very much like a wave of warm water.

"Dad... help."

FWROOOM!
"YEEOW!" You shriek, before setting the girl down. It feels like an army of bees just stung the back of your neck!

What the hell? The armor should have protected you! Why didn't it-
Dampness.

You feel dampness dripping onto your pants.

You're sweating. Sweating profusely. This armor isn't very cool, and the water from your skin is clinging tightly to your body.

Water, clinging to your body, being exposed to a flame. Water, plus flame, equals steam, which would go straight through your earthen covering.

>Just keep going! You're almost there!
>I need better armor.
>I need a break.
>Other?

>Other?
Let the armor fall away, unless we come up with a better design it'll do us no good, and we don't have the time.

>Use earth to move her.

If we can use Earth to move her instead of carrying her, then that might work, but I'm not sure our control is that great yet?

Yeah, no, I don't think that trick is in our tool box, and we shouldn't be spending more time experimenting.

is it that good announcer?

>I need a break.

Pretty much try this I guess. I don't know, this is a rough situation we're in.

Man it'd be good if we had a counter to this with our earth stuff...

Yeah, but that's something we need to worry about later, we can just tough the rest out for now.

When we get to the castle let's yell for aligot, magic users in general and curse breakers. Maybe save time if aligot would need to call in a specialist.

Hope you're right.

Or at least when we send out for him, we mention the mark so he knows what he's dealing with.

>Just keep going!
>Let the armor fall away

Writing!

Hope we can get at least 100 posts here before it's over.

Okay, you can do this! You don't need caution when you're so close that you can almost taste it!

With another sharp breath; you run and grab the half-conscious girl. Then you sprint.
You sprint harder, and faster, than you have ever sprinted before.

FROOSH!

A layer of dirt peels off your skin. You wrap Kayda even tighter in your barrier jacket. With any luck, that will deflect the heat from the areas that are peeling.

FWOOM!

Almost there, almost there. Just keep going. Just a little futher.

The running is starting to wear on your dirt-armor. Every bounce causes precious few specks and flicks of dirt to flake off your body. This isn't even counting the hammering you're taking from the girl's flame.

But, you're so close! The practice fields feel as if they're RIGHT HERE!
You feel another wave of heat wash over your back.

Yikes.

It certainly causes the knights training in the courtyard to stop and pay attention to you.

You set Kayda down, just in time to avoid another boil of heat.

"HELP!" You yell at the clueless figures in the practice field. "SHE'S HURT! GO GET ALIGOT!"

Some of them uneasily drop their practice swords instead of listening. Others are already halfway across the field by the time you give them the command.

--

"What is it?! What's wrong? What's happening?"
"Dorje, stop." Aligot commands.

FWOOM!

Another wave of fire erupts from Kayda's body. Fortunately, both you and Aligot are standing a good distance away from her.

"I'll need some way to have a look at her. Could you maybe restrain her somehow?"

>Cover her body in sand.
>Try hugging her really tightly with your barrier jacket.
>Dirt armor, again?
>Ask Aligot what he suggests
>Other?

>Cover her body in sand.

>>Ask Aligot what he suggests

We gave as much info as we could, right?
He knows about the mark and all that, doesn't he?

Is covering her in sand really a good idea?

>Ask Aligot what he suggests