>zelda
>not link
>battle mage not rogue
delete this thread

>tumblr nose
delete yourself

>hood that doesn't cover ears

delete this! Now!

They already tried this with Super Princess Peach, and that just infuriated the tumblr crowd even more for some reason.

Also, that particular design is heinous. HEINOUS.

Not as cool or interesting as Shiek/10

Dresden Codak wasn't great in the first place, and it's actually become worse

It's quite impressive in a retarded sort of way

>-4 strength

not op but
>tumblr nose
explain

>Zelda
>Having access to the hero's sword and the courage triforce
It's like they want to ignore the story

That stupid thing they do in most tumblr art where they colour in the nose red because they have no idea how to otherwise do perspective/depth.

This guy is such a pretentious dick.
He's the kind of dude who turns to feminism because he thinks it'll get him laid more often.

Basically since tumblr and every PC mouth breather love being part of a hive mind, this leaks into their artwork and you'll find most artists who fail at life but succeed on dumblr all draw the same nose.

Y'all niggers come up with the dumbest shit to associate with Tumblr.

Class: Battle-Mage
Level: Aspiring
Race: Hylian
Skills: Swordplay, Magic, Guile

to be fair, there are a lot of people with slightly ruddy noses. especially in my area, where the primary source of entertainment is drinking followed closely by meth.

Not those anons, but I see this all over tumblr and nowhere else.

Yeah; change it to a different sword (and a different *type* of sword, to help reinforce their different approaches) and make sure she has Wisdom, and I'd be all for it.

As much as what's-his-face is a douchebag, playing magic-slinging, almost swashbuckling Zelda adventure would be fun as hell.

>mix of swordplay, magic, and tactical guile

Archfey Warlock, Blade-pact. Take a few ranks in Battle-Master if you want.

Artists on Tumblr have this weird thing going on where they think that since noses has blood veins or something in them that they are more red in skin tone compared to the rest of the body. I've seen a few .jpg files where tumblr artists point to 'scientific facts' on this in order to defend their shitty coloring technniques.

i don't know who is up their own ass more; the person who made this or the mindless cunts complaining about it

all i know is this hate is wonderful

Yeah, it got really really really pretentious and the pretty pictures could only keep me hooked for so long.

Eh, from what I gathered Super Princess Peach stuck too close to the character's archetype to make people who want strong female characters happy.

Rolled 2, 2 = 4 (2d6)

>tfw I have this nose

I don't even know what causes it, but people remark on it all the time. I wonder why it became so popular online.

What was wrong with Super Princess Peach? Was it a bad game or not stick to the traditional Mario games?

Certain white ethnicities have constant rednoses, but that's just about how far it goes. In actual practice, you can see practiced artists not resort to this as much.

There are very few specific lighting situations to warrant redness on the nose. So, yeah, it's a dumb fad.

>What is subsurface scattering for 700

"It's a healthy glow", dumblr sez.

>Healthy glow

More like a case of being out in the extreme cold for a long time, or being super sick.

that was made before the tumblr hivemind was a thing

Zelda has always been the wizard, though

Totally agree.

It was widely well received, but some people took issue that the female lead was feminine. Mostly by people who don't believe that a well-written strong female character should be able to be both strong and feminine.

>extreme cold
That's the first think I think of whenever I see the tumblr nose. The second thing I think of is drunkenness. I blame Asterix's art style for that; see pic related.

level thirty white knight

One of her attacks is literally her crying, this is pretty much the only complaint I remember but I know there are more.

My only real beef with it is it's a remarkably lazy way of giving Zelda a more martial personification.

She's already established as having an alter ego who is more than qualified for combat and adventure. This whatever it is in the OP is just a genderswapped Link who might throw around a couple of spells instead of bombs. Sheik's combat style is completely different from Link's, not to mention the fact she's a mask. That opens up a much more interesting story.

Focus on that, instead of just "Link but with BOOBS".

In OoT they're all bards.

This is a perfectly acceptable AU and a mostly decent character design.

But those stupid cutouts in the hood throw the whole thing in the garbage.

>"Link but with BOOBS".
I remember that doujin

I don't really mind it but it does seem a tad overused.

>A sword
Yeah, just a sword.
You know, just a regular old sword.
Run-of-the-mill sword forged by the goddess herself, imbued with the power of an ancient spirit, and cursed to bind three souls in an eternal conflict.
A sword.

>holes in the hoof
why

nice freudian slip, horsefucker

> a mostly decent character design.

Eh, disagree. It's not badly drawn, but it's just so bland. It looks like every single "sword girl" image you can find which isn't an armored lady knight. Complete with the basic single fist pose. There's nothing really distinctive about it other than the artist wanted to evoke Link's costume. It has no real personality behind it.

The best character designs are the ones where you just need to see the silhouette and immediately recognize the character.

There were also jokes about how she uses a magic rod to control her emotions. Chuckles were had, then most people moved on. If it's relevant: I'm a woman. I didn't find the game at all offensive, just kind of dull.

But really, it's no weirder than the shit in Mario games. The game itself was just kind of average. Few people even remember it now.

>that doujin
>singular
I don't know what to tell you, user, other than I have been on the internet way too long. I've seen some shit.

It varies but OoT Zelda and WW Zelda probably have some rogue in them, being a ninja and pirate respectively.

Most versions of Zelda are probably some flavour of cleric/oracle/flavoured soul.

Not any fem-link doujin, of course there's many.
The fem-link doujin, yes, that one.

Awww sheeit

>was feminine

Such strict definitions of "masculine" and "feminine"

Broaden your horizons homie.

As much as I don't like the artist he actually had a lot of tools for Zelda to use and had a focus on an alternate fighting and adventure style in comparison to Link.

I'd actually have to see that. But I still don't like the art he made for it. Literally just Link but purple. There are so many fun, evocative costume thematics you could give a spell-sword and he opts for a palettet swap of a pre-existing character. He even just gave her the Master Sword instead of creating a new personal weapon.

Just feels like a missed opportunity.

>Gunslinger Zelda never
Unless Breath of the Wild surprises us.

Shiek once jumped up onto a space jet and punched her way into the cockpit.

Zelda takes her ninjutsu very seriously.

> There are so many fun, evocative costume thematics

She has a bunch of costumes that each has a superpower.

Googled it, you're right. I guess that's an interesting idea from a gameplay perspective but that's a discussion for /v/.

As far as actual character design, I prefer the Twilight one. It looks the best, and most importantly it's actually distinct to Zelda's character. It's a callback to her own character history but it still looks different than the original Sheik costume.

I dunno, maybe it's because in general I don't like transplanting Link's look onto other characters. It looks great for him but it really should only be for him. It'd be like making your own adventuring archaeologist OC and giving him a fedora.

That sounds familiar...

Exactly. it's ripping off Mario.

Yeah I think it was a way to pay homage to the series routes since they kind of got this whole "hero's clothes" thing with Link's clothes.

Also not a huge fan of the "Arcane" costume. Reminds me too much of her appearance in that shitty Captain N cartoon.

I dunno, maybe I'm just biased because I love Sheik's look.

>Zelda
>wielding Master Sword
>ever
>EVER
laughing_whores.jpg

I bet ten quid she would never be able to even pull it out from its resting place.

>I don't even know what causes it
Usually pores clogged to hell and back, or alcohol

That might have been intentional.

The guy is pretty hipster and it wouldn't surprise me if he researched/knows a lot of Zelda stuff and decided to incorporate it all.

Reminder Captain N is the property which somehow made Simon Belmont even gayer and also gave us this.

What's feminists/tumblrs deal with Legend of Zelda?

Why is there not a million people wanting a female sonic or a female mario or what have you? What about Legend of Zelda in particular matters?

>those awful costumes
>literally dressing like a peasant in most of them
laughing_landsknechts.jpg
Let these images be a constant reminder that Zelda's existence is solely to be styled upon by other characters, Link included.

You know she should be able to pull it out consider the story of its origin in Skyward Sword, provided the Zelda is a reincarnation, and not just another girl in the royal family named that. Otherwise it would be like Odin not being able to wield mjolnir.

Mario has no real publicly-accepted identity outside of a "fun" game and Sonic is only appreciated by 30-something faggots who freeform roleplay with their retarded OCs.

LoZ actually sells itself on its deep lore, interesting characters, and focus on actual storylines and adventures. Also, the "best Zelda EVER" came out in the 90s, a decade the tumblrsphere has a massive hard-on for. So basically it's childhood nostalgia manifesting in people living in an era where constantly discussing that nostalgia is in vogue.

+10 to triggering Veeky Forums, /v/, or /co/.

Has the artist for this stopped pretending that he has a webcomic, by the way?

SHALL NOT BE STYLED UPON

>Zelda's face
Well that's clearly the look of a lady questioning many, many things.

The Legend of Zelda is a very old series and has consistently rolled out huge hits one after the other for decades now. Meanwhile Mario has gone stale and Sonic has been nothing but god awful since the mid nineties.

The only two consistent Nintendo properties that I can think of which feature deep characters, broad worlds, and focus on a narrative are Metroid and Legend of Zelda. Of those two Samus is already a woman, and LoZ is far more popular and profitable. So having a female lead in LoZ would be a huge "Smash the Patriarchy" moment for feminists.

Not Zelda. It's Princess Lana, an steel donut character created as the oglibatory princess/love interest for Captain N, himself basically marketing tool personified as a radical 80s teenager who spends all his time playing vidya before getting sucked into some sort of shared universe.

There's a comic and a cartoon with the same premise but different continuities. In the cartoon, Link and Zelda showed up and they're based on their incarnations in the LoZ cartoon (the "excUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSe me, princess" one). Even have the same voice actors.

Depends on setting

>Of those two Samus is already a woman

Actually, right now there's a vocal clique on Tumblr/Twitter who claims Samus is an MtF transgender and will shout down anyone who says they're wrong. Apparently at one point some code-monkey for the Metroid games made a shemale joke about Samus's mannish height. And idiots who rediscovered that joke took it at face value.

Oh right, her. My apologies, Captain N is barely more than a distant memory to me, and thread focus seemed on Zelda. Assumed that was her design in the comic.

>So having a female lead in LoZ would be a huge "Smash the Patriarchy" moment for feminists
So feminists care more about videogames than real world?

And by Tumblr logic doesn't that make Samus a woman?

Is this the same guy who threw a tantrum because he thought Nintendo ripped their Linkle design off his art?

No because that's invisibilizing her alleged transness.

Even for the established characters, Captain N had some really weird design choices. Pictured: take a fucking guess who this is supposed to be. It's Simon Belmont

>shout down anyone who says they're wrong

Sounds like those "Don't play D&D" people

I long for the day men are allowed to have decorated clothing again. Suits are nice, but can't compare to a properly fitted and embroidered doublet.

Yes, yes it is.

How could they fuck up Simon Belmont

>Child friendly

Fuck em. Studio-driven design at its finest

>Empire bad! Kingdom good!
Every time.

Set the trend

That should have been obvious after GG.

My brain is full of fuck. Isn't the point of mutilating yourself for your fetish so that people will think that you're the opposite sex?

So who is this guy anyways?

no but he did get in trouble (even from fellow hipster liberals) for calling Will Eisner a privileged overrated white guy.

He still uses the whip and everything, and IIRC he is technically a monster hunter. But this fucking guy. Like, you can probably figure it out from the pics but his personality was basically the vain, super macho Chadbro who existed solely as a romantic rival for the nerdy betafag protagonist.

How is that the conclusion you take away from GG?

Eh, I don't get hung up on words too much. I just see it as a simplified "big organizations bad, small ones good"

Because they ignored all fact reason and logic and made it about how gamers "obviously just hate women", instead of looking at real life problems with a lack of impartial journalism and a surplus of corporate favoritism.

What did you take away from it? Not a challenge, just a question for conversation.

I thought they defined him as more of an explorer or some shit because they are assholes who don't know what awesome means.

will do next fall, gotta cut down to 10% bf before I can pull off something

damn summer bulk

Fuck, that'd be rad.

>So who is this guy anyways?
I don't actually have enough information to properly answer that, just that he's an asshat that draws stuff on tumbler. A lot of it being basically female link(I think it's his waifu) and basically everything I know about him actually comes from people on Veeky Forums talking about him and his art in threads about zelda, and a little bit from looking at his tumbler and being utterly disappointed in the art.

>Because they ignored all fact reason and logic and made it about how gamers "obviously just hate women"

How you get this either from GamerGate or the response to GamerGate is beyond me. You have to remember that the three single biggest targets of GG were the "LWs:" Anita Sarkeesian, Brianna Wu, and Zoe Quinn. They've made their complaints about the video game industry quite clear on many occasions, but not one of those criticisms has been that "gamers just hate women."