Warhammer 40k General

Frosted Khorne Flakes Edition

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

claimed for the Spess Vampires, the greatest of the spess mehrines

It's pretty hilarious how well that formation works for spamming demon summoning. Arguably that's its best use.

ACTUALLY this thread is claimed in the name of the architect of fate dont listen to those space poopyheads above me

wow look at that fag bird. Probably doesn't even have nipples behind that staff

Thread is off to a great start so far with my two favorites. Better not shit this thread up with Ork memes.

Is Tzeentch the most based god or simple the most meta?

What are you working on Veeky Forums? Play any games recently? Plan on playing any games soon?

>not slaanesh

Why would a bird have nipples?

I thought Fateweaver was suppose to be old looking.

Is 30k talk allowed here? Because I just picked up some Kastelan Robots and was wondering if it would be acceptable/canon to partner them with some 30k marines as a sort of small force as my first step into 30k.

>liking the second worst chaos god

To be sexy as fuck, of course

I think most greater Daemons of Tzeentch take the fucked up bird style.

Why wouldn't they? How else do they get milk?

Where did that fishy fish fish go?

30k has its own general.

Kairos has two heads unlike most LoC's.

thanks

Oh cool, all I know about Tzeentch Daemons I am learning from the grey knight novel I just started reading to be honest.

Flying DP with Burning Brand any good? You can vector strike one thing and torch something else I think. Could break open a rhino and melt the dudes that come pouring out.

my personal favorite is nurgle but i have a thing for tzeentch's affinity for sorcery, especially in a scifi setting

What's a good 1,000 point base to build off of for an Eldar army that *doesn't* utilize jetbikes? Nothing wrong with them, just prefer not to use them.

>CSM not getting last chanced after all
feels great!

granted, I'm sure this will be the only new model we'll get for another two years. We already got our 2 year rule update in the form of reprints so now it is time to be patient.

it's a nice new model and I am looking forward to it

Are Dark Eldar antagonistic in any way to Craftworld Eldar/Exodites and vice versa?

And I'm talking about like "grrr fuck these guys I'll go out of my way to kill them", not just "please stop fucking with me or I WILL kill you"?

Yes. They'll even raid and kidnap them to fight them in arenas. But if there's an outside threat they can and will band together because "you may be a hedonistic edgy faggot but you're still Eldar".

I was considering buying a Vendetta back before Death From The Skies came out to use as AA/AT/Dropship for Melta. Should I drop the Vendetta and grab a hydra(s) now? I kinda hate the idea of grabbing something that's only good for AA, but I don't want to be defenseless either.

You have two options

> cut out codex pages and glue them to wall. Blind fold yourself then spin around 3 times. Proceed to throw darts at wall until army is complete. We are the architects of fate!

>take 500 points of whatever you want eldar and 500 points of ork boys. Ork boys must remain within one eye open range.

Death From The Skies was a mistake, ignore it and bring the bloody flyer

That sounds less like architects and more like slaves to fate if you ask me.

There's a bit of fluff where Dark Eldar went out of their way to save Craftworld Iyanden from being completely destroyed by a Tyranid Hive Fleet. Not out of the goodness of their hearts of course, but because their use of what basically amounts to necromancy amuses the hell out of the DE. The vibe I get is that they absolutely loathe each other, but will generally not go out of their way to wage open war. I think Eldar of all types prefer to pick their battles.

use your choice of various aspect warrior units

They don't like one another, and the Dark Eldar occasionally show up on Craftworlds and wreck up the place and take slaves, but they're evidently able to put aside their differences and fight as allies when they want to. And the Harlequins seem to act as a kind of bridge between the two societies.

That the two groups don't completely and unequivocally hate each other is kind of interesting, because you'd expect the Craftworlds to hate their "Dark Kin" as the people who brought the Eldar civilization to their ruin and see them as basically interchangeable with Chaos. But then again maybe that's a statement on the Eldar race's hubris or something.

Their relationship is more complicated than the High/Dark relationship in Fantasy, but they still see one another as targets or threats.

Guard m8s which is your favourite Commissar model?

Okay that's just rude

pls stop being rude to blood angels

thank you

MORE LIKE MOST DEAD MARINES

If the BTs worship the Emperor then they would also celebrate Papa Sang's holiday.
At least they aren't smelly slaves sticking daemons in machines instead of repairing them so their gear doesn't suck. But I guess that isn't your fault. Your gods won't let relive your 3.5 days.

When you think about it, all space marines should view Sanguinius as their spiritual liege

>HEY
>YOU
>YEAH YOU
>WHY DON'T YOU SERVE THE RUINOUS POWERS?

because that's just not Cricket.

Nurgle and Khorne agree that Papa Sang is better than Rowboat. They are right in this case. Papa's name is the 2nd most cherished name in the Imperium. Urist would be the first, but no one knows the Emperor's name these days.
Because I'm not weak? Also why would a daemon need an actual gun? Can it just turn its flesh into Warp bullets?

The best desu

What are the worst troop choices on the game?

>Because I'm not weak?

PROVE IT
ARM WRESTLE ME BOY
NO TWISTING

2 FORGEWORLDS & 1 STAR SYSTEM
OOH RA
OOH RA

It's a TTS thing, Grimaldus wants to ban Sanguinala but the rest of the Black Templars won't let him.

So I have a question, is the lord Commissar BS5 worth me changing to a plasma pistol over, I'm playing TM and making him my warlord but I'm not sure whether to keep him cheap and just use him for orders or make use of the higher than everything else BS.

Ork Boyz.

Rolled 6 (1d10)

>What am I reading?!
YOU AND ME DAEMON!
First the daemon, and then you!
Now I remember. One of my favorite shorts Alfabusa did next to that snuff film video he did with Karl.

Rolled 5 (1d20)

EASY PICKINGS FOR A DAEMON PRINCE

Rolled 7 (1d20)

Daemon, I don't think either of us is having a good day. Could be worse. We could be Ork players.

aw what

>6
eh... the emperor usually expects better

>5
ehh close enough. Another glorious victory for mankind!

>having literally shit taste
>trusting a Jewish bird

SO YOU THINK TAU ARE THE WEAB RACE, YOU FILTHY XENO GAIJINS!?

I try so hard to make God Emperor Urist proud but I'm only human. He understands and forgives.
These boys need more fluff.

At less you get new models

Have faith sister. It's all you have left...

Is that the same VIctoria Lamb who does Victoria Miniatures? She's good.

Too late! They spent all their faith points on that picture promising new models a couple months ago.

I don't know.

Do they engage in glorious and honorabru banzai charges against overwhelming odds? I hope so because they actually seem kinda cool. Anything at all written up about them?

Can someone explain why I would pay as much as a landraider for frag cannon Deathwatch?

S6 Rending flamers can't penetrate AV14, unlike the lascannon's S9 AP1 heavy 2.

And don't even try to compare T4 3+ against D-Thirsters/Smashfucker

Oh my god that color scheme is actually awful

They seem to have a large number of Dreadnoughts and prefer weapons that use bolts or slugs instead of energy based weapons. That's all that is known about them besides being a 2nd Founding IH successor chapter.
It's better than any Tau or Slaaneshi color scheme.

Welcomez to WAAAAAGHL-MarTZ ya GroTz
SAVES TEEF, FIGHTZ Betah

>can't even go more than two threads with out landraider shitposting.
Jesus user. Do you have nothing better to do? Like, at all?

user, he's basically pic related.

>MFW the off pink/ purple gen 2 Slaaneshi models were god tier
>youre right about the tau though

It is.

That's all there is to know.

Yeah, I guess. I'm sure he'll stop eventually, like that one antichicken fag did after the end of the image wars, or get B& a permaban, emperor willing but in the interim it's extremely annoying.

user, all Slaaneshis look like a teenage girl's bedroom. This is a fact. Tau don't even put any effort into their schemes. At least the Slaaneshis try to look like an eyesore.
Hopefully. Have a daemon possessed Titan.

Fuck off faggot

So I got slaanesh daemons army. Is deepstriking in front of my enemy and assaulting next turn my best bet?

It depends one what you're fighting but plinking them at point blank range is a bad idea unless you have a lot of fodder to chew through.

me :3

Where is a good place to get extra Deldar weapons.

Speaking of the Blood Angels, how common is knowledge of the Flaw? Clearly it's something they (and their successors) try to keep secret, but others know about the Death Company right? And they don't seem to do like the Dork Angels, who shoot anyone who finds out that they were a bunch of traitors.

So if a Guards regiment (or non-BA marine chapter or Sororitas order or Inquisitor or whoever else) sees a bunch of crazed Death Company, what's the cover story?

"Some of our brothers are a trifle miffed today, best to avoid them for now, soldier."

>implying any of that matters anymore
BIOMASS MARINES

What's a good Scion regiment to buddy up to my Deathwath

Okay see we talked about being rude towards the Blood Angels before

pls stop being rude to the Blood Angels

Well it would depend on what you're doing with the Deathwatch, same as allying them to any other elite army.

Flesh Tearers might just shoot (and then probably eat) anyone who found out. Didn't Dante have to save their ass from a Sister tattling on them to the Inquisition after they tore into a bunch of their allied guardsmen?

He doesn't do the interior of his tanks

My doods are mainly there to ruck up bugs but I'm looking for a scheme that works well with them

Well if your DW guys are mostly going to be taking care of squishy stuff, the deep-striking tempestus squads with meltas might work. Drop them where needed and let them melt things while your other guys take and hold objectives, I guess.

I meant a color scheme

Depends on the weapon you're looking for, as well as where you live. (have to balance bits price and shipping price)

Does anybody have size comparison shots with the marines in the latest paint starter box, I remember there being talk that they were a touch taller than the standard marine kit.

Extra ask, does anybody have size shots of like the previous marine kit from the last decade with the new ones, and bonus round with how they compare to the deathwatch marine scale.

I love the look of the Blood Angels (I dig the Greco-Roman motif) but as a new player are they a good pick? I was looking at winners of the adepticon tournament and didn't see any BA teams. Are they bad this edition?

This mini is absolutely amazing. Probably my favorite in 40k right now.

Yeah blood angels were updated at the beginning of 7th edition, which was what seemed to be a lowering of power and simplification overall, but then necrons came out and changed that completely. They can still hold their own but there are some really dumb decisions that were made when designing that codex that you'll need to play around.

i bet your insides are very pretty user, do you show them off each game or assume someone will bother to ask about a bit they won't otherwise see?

I just read skies of death. Everything seemed fine all the way up to the dogfighting sub phase. What the actual shit? These rules are completely optional, right?

Yes,

GW has said multiple times you don't have to do the dogfighting phase at all.