You guys remember Dungeon magazine and Dragon magazine?

You guys remember Dungeon magazine and Dragon magazine?

Before:
>"Why the fuck would I allow anything from Dragon or Dungeon? All of that's unbalanced schlock written by Paizo, not even official WotC!"

Today:
>"Well of course I run Pathfinder and allow only official Paizo books!"

How did the tide turn?

Don't you act like this whole thread wasn't user's excuse to post a pic of some broad eating mayo on the tram. We all know you saw.

Remember and miss them, yes.
My personal favorite here-Halloween issue with more undead & spirit monster encounters.

Yep! I used to read my granddad's Dragon Magazines. As a kid, I remember going through them as a kid because they kept joking about a "Sex and D&D" issue of the comic at the back, and for some reason I thought whenever they finally did it, I'd get to see the female character naked.

Remember InQuest?

Beautiful cover art

3.5 had a culture of always getting new stuff even though the average player never had a chance to touch even 10% of the stuff in it. The "MORE" attitude led to Pathfinder.

It's not really better, but they keep printing bullshit for it.

>Remember InQuest?

Scrye was better friendo.

I have a large number of them filed in a box.

Of course. Still have my collection of pulped dead tree format Dragon Magazines stashed on my shelf.

I do. Classic stuff, lots of great adventure ideas, especially back during the 2e days.

I used to sporadically buy Dragon magazine back in the day. Never had much involvement with Dungeon though.

>especially back during the 2e days.
Fuck that new-fangled shit. Kids these days just want to do their own thing. Got no respect for what came before. 2e? Not for me, son. Not for me.

No. What's a magazine?

That looks like the CTA red line.

Yes. I miss them both. The online stuff was never the same.

It was a huge mistake for WOTC to cancel the print editions and take the license away from Paizo, and so was 4E.

>No. What's a magazine?
It's the proper name for one of these.

That is a mouth organ, subtype harmonica.

>"paladins"
>they were fucking with us even back then!

Yeah, I just hate it when people call them clips.

The power is within you to choose what this thread is about.

I want to talk about the bitch on the train eating mayo with a spoon
I do that shit with peanut butter but I can't fathom why someone would do this. I need it explained to me.
Hell I even understand eating ranch dressing more than mayonnaise

Spider-man thread?

>You guys remember Dungeon magazine and Dragon magazine?
But seriously?
Yes, I do.
No, some don't.
Maybe, some have mostly forgotten.

Did you get what you needed, OP?

Know how people do stupid shit and film it, then when people get pissed they scream IT'S A PRANK BRO?

Well, it's a prank. They take an empty one, rinse it out really well, and fill it with vanilla pudding.

Another funny one might be a mouthwash bottle with blue or purple Gatorade.

TSR-era was in the okay-good range. In pretty much every issue there was at least article that could be mined for ideas.

Paizo-era was in the shit-okay range.

4e-era is something I've never read but 4e players seem to have liked it.

I have that issue but the cover is damaged.

One of the paladins is a True Neutral edgelord that believes that the best way to obtain universal balance is by killing anyone who isn't TN.

>nothin' personnel, kid

I still remember this one article that I'm 90% sure was InQuest. The article covered monster creation, and started doing so with "what is this new critter's way of handling prey?" The example creature they made involved some kind of centipede-leech thing with lots of baby centipede-leeches.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about, please give me a reference. I don't know where my copy of said mini-magazine vanished to, and I want to relocate it precisely for that article.

Yeah. Some real feels here.

I never did find all the arrowheads on this cover.

Does anyone have advice for any good dungeon/dragon issues to read, assuming I'm interested in weird monster biology and setting fluff? I regret to say most of this was before my time.

Bump in the name of and

I remember
>Hey what's this feat you've chosen here? I don't recognise it.
>It's from Dragon #589236, and it combines with this spell from Dungeon #878924 to make me literally invincible.
>It's all official material so you should allow it!

>weird monster biology
None really. The "Ecology of ___" series is a boring tl;dr fest.

I found out about dragon magazine like 4 months before the last one was printed. I had just got into dnd with school friends and had discovered the joys of my local games store. I bought two dragon magazines and then there were no more.

It was depressing as fuck, i played for another two or so years before my group fractured and went different ways. Havent played dnd since except on play by post which suck ass

Yeah, I got a few from my uncle along with his extensive KotDT collection over a decade ago. It was pretty fantastic. I remember one of the issues I had the cover story was about magma mages and living in volcanoes and stuff? Cool shit. Unfortunately those are all long gone.

More like brown line to me, but it could be either.

>I want to talk about the bitch on the train eating mayo with a spoon
What color is the mayo?

Wait a minute. Mayonnaise by the spoonful, on the train? all of my spaghetti and colorful ponies escape my pockets and spill on the floor