Mecha Space Pirate Quest LIII

Welcome back, space warriors, to the fifty-third installment of Mecha Space Pirate Quest! I'm Wong, your host, and you are once again Corporal Amos Wedge of the United Jovian Independent Defense Force, and this was totally preplanned and not because of a certain narrator's laptop eating his next-session notes last night. Don't worry, Gretchen fans, that interview will happen next session even if space and time themselves must be bent for it!

Previous Threads: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Mecha Space Pirate Quest, Collective Game, mecha
Master Pastebin: pastebin.com/sSHs0QmF
Upgrade Menu: pastebin.com/QQQzkFZe
List of Moves: pastebin.com/HSdyCe2y
Rogues' Gallery: pastebin.com/E9ZcDLfG

Last time, you accomplished your mission, you went sleepless under heavy stress after riding a combat adrenaline rush, and you made it home mostly on UJCIDF wake-up pills and paranoia that the Paladin was going to drop on your formation like a fox among chickens to reclaim your hostage. Of your squad, you had it the worst, because the standing plan in the event of Paladin was to scatter and regroup at the nearest settlement, which would probably have translated into you, with the hostage, facing it alone. At least Garret would be worth something if he surrendered, but you aren't exactly a property flush with political capital. You've heard bad things about what the Avalonians do to their prisoners too, really awful things. The worst you heard about was this sort of thorny seed they make you swallow, which then hatches in your stomach and gradually consumes you as material for its own growth over a matter of weeks, but there are enough ghastly stories that it's hard to choose a least-favorite. Despite your fears, though, you made it back to base safely and collapsed into a bed.

By the way, today's quest is sponsored by Bahamut Corporation. Fine, Europan engineering at affordable prices. Reliable. Versatile. Safe.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=61QLPFsVEa4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

huh, who else is here?

Bloody sponsers. First it's the Bluegill Joe adverts, then it's the Pumpkinseeds! Still, Wedge managed to survive a mission and Biggs probably is having a episode somewhere.

Here, just took me a bit.

I am here

So I just finished Gunbuster, we should get those chainsaws on the Kaisers feet

Had to do a meet and greet with the freshmen for my major, but I'm here now

Wait are you only starting college?

Chainsaw Stompers I can see no down side to this
Especially if they provided additional speed while planet side

No just starting my third year, but since we have no seniors right now were expected to be the upper classmen and helpout the freshmen

"Mmmmmmnnnnshhhhhpppppllll..." You articulately greet the world, rolling from your side onto your back, and then onto your other side, stretching your back and rubbing your cheeks with your palms. "Nph." You glance around blearily for your PC. You have an alarm set for breakfast, and since it hasn't gone off you're sure it can't be too late. It would be weird if you slept from late afternoon into the next morning, after all. You find it still in your pocket, and you resolve to stop falling asleep in your uniform, it's going to be all rumpled from this. According to the chronometer, it's been three and a half standard hours, the sun is setting outside the ship and the weather is a bit cooler than usual, perfect for short sleeves without being hot and muggy, but with a 20% chance of rain before midnight. It's a bit short for one of your naps, but since you can't think of any sound that awakened you you just attribute it to your own natural discipline and sit up.

[Continued]

>tfw thunderbird is actually someones senpai
I always thought that was weird. I never even knew what the people the year above me looked like. What are you even supposed to do?

Pretty much welcome them, give them the basics of the programs, help them out a bit with classes you've taken, get them used to the school, give them advice for audition pieces, criticize their acting and sings if they ask, that kind of stuff mostly. And trust me I'm much more subdued in person

You throw back the blanket, and realize someone must have thrown a blanket on over you. It's a deep scarlet with triangular patterns of gold and green, native Qu'liri work. Which you don't recall owning.

As a matter of fact, you don't recall your quarters having an easel or such a large desk. Or having so much paper on that desk, actual, real paper. Or having coffee tins full of pencils and small brushes. For that matter, you don't recall having a painted landscape of the field outside Innsmouth at sunrise above the bed either. Having two adjoining rooms off your sleeping quarters is a further novelty. The most novel thing, though, is the woman next to you. Her messy blonde hair spills across the pillow, but unlike you she's laying on top of the blanket almost as if she fell there. There's a small smile you're not used to seeing on her face, and her breathing is soft and tranquil.

An immediate check confirms that both of you still have your clothes on. Which is a relief. Doing the deed and having to take the consequences without remembering the fun parts would just be the worst.

>[Wake her up]
>[Browse through the art on the desk]
>[Do something else]

>>[Browse through the art on the desk]

>Grab coffee for yourself and her

>>[Wake her up]
See if she is able to wake safely. Vodka is a cruel man and demands a heavy price for his services.

Are they're any mechs your afraid of running into in this quest anons? Cause when I saw Gunbuster I just started imagining how much of a bitch it would end up being to fight

>Bahamutcorp logo

I knew I was in for bad shit after coming out of the freezer for a while.

Man, /m/ quests on Veeky Forums sure spiral out of hand. You people never learn.

>Knight of Gold
>Anything piloted by Ramba Ral expy

Explain

>yfw Ramba Ral comes at you in an efreet custom

You get up as stealthily as you can. She mumbles something incomprehensible and scratches her head before falling back asleep, but you manage to leave the bed without her awakening fully.

You take this opportunity to snoop. You're not exactly the most artistic person in the world. Art classes were mandatory at the Academy, but you mostly used them as a chance to nap. Still, her drawings look very good to you. They're lifelike and realistic in style, and there's a good mix of landscapes and portraits. You also find the blueprints for your gun, hand-drawn in pencil and with notes in incredibly sloppy handwriting. As you're shifting through them, you notice that most of the pilots and crew you've seen seem to have a portrait. There are quite a few of a young woman in an officer's uniform, along with the Captain and Marilyn. You even find a lot of self-portraits, although most of these have Irina wearing somewhat risque outfits. It's the one you nearly step on, though, that really catches your attention. It must have fallen off the edge of the desk, it's the newest and about halfway finished. It's a portrait of you, standing on the open hatch of your Pumpkinseed. You look exhausted, with dark circles under your eyes and your hair disheveled, helmet tucked under one arm and the handle for the liftwire held in the other. Despite this, your portrait has a quietly triumphant smile, "Wow, are my arms really that big?" You squeeze one of them. "I didn't know my shoulders were that broad, either." You wonder momentarily if you really look that imposing, or if she drew you more muscular than you really are. It's been said that the worst view of us is the one we have of ourselves, so you're momentarily taken aback considering it. You flex a few times, just for fun.

At that moment, you hear a knock on the door. Irina doesn't immediately wake up, but she does stir.

>[Answer it yourself]
>[Tactical stealth action]

Ramba Ral with Doms is enough to take down the white base. Imagine what he could do with a Efreet Custom.

I don't even understand what the anti-questers are saying at this point.

>>[Tactical stealth action]
Stealth mode go.

He could rape pretty much anyone violently because it has a god damn EXAM system giving him newtype abilities.

Rolled 6 + 6 (1d10 + 6)

>>[Tactical stealth action]
Do our best impression of a women
Rolling for acting

>[Tactical stealth action]

>[Tacticool Stealth Action]

>>[Answer it yourself]

Oh yea, Wong. Some better background for that Captain Flint portrait.

Meant >[Answer it yourself] not >[Tactical stealth action]

You don't hesitate. After all, rumors about you are something you don't mind, but Irina seems like she has it hard enough without confirming to whoever this is that she has been sharing a bed with you for the last few hours.

You utilize a maneuver you perfected at the Academy back when you were study-buddies-with-benefits with the Dean's granddaughter. Silent as a spider, you drop down nearly into a push-up position, splay your legs, and scuttle under the bed like a frog. You are safe here, safe and secure. The darkness is your ally. Although the objects you find in the dark confirming that Irina Gaunt is a lonely single woman indeed are not your allies. Not the least little bit. It's actually somewhat cramped down here.

The door buzzes again, and you hear the sound of a thrown pillow striking it before Irina's feet swing down from the bed to rest on the floor. You hear her patting the bed right where you were sitting, then a muffled, "...Amos?" From her.

The door buzzes yet again, "Coming!" You hear her growl at the intruder, before she stomps over to the door and hits the button to open it.

[Continue]

Thats alot of dildos to make it cramp under a bed

maybe a body pillow?

Dragons

Have you ever seen the size of a gyan mounted dildo?

God I can only imagine how much that would ruin everything down there

>Although the objects you find in the dark confirming that Irina Gaunt is a lonely single woman indeed are not your allies. Not the least little bit. It's actually somewhat cramped down here.

youtube.com/watch?v=61QLPFsVEa4

"Hiya!" It's Marilyn, and you smell coffee, "So how did you two sleep~?" You can hear her snickering.

"It was fine. He fell asleep almost as soon as we entered the room, I didn't get the chance to get his full analysis of the new rifle. I didn't want to wake him, so I thought I'd stay up and draw for a little, but I ended up passing out too." Irina sighs, "Just my luck, isn't it? He must have sneaked out of here when he woke up and realized where he was."

"Rina..." Marilyn interrupts, but she's overwhelmed.

"...And why wouldn't he? Who'd want to stay in my room?" Irina's voice grows louder.

"Um, Rina?" Lin-Lin keeps trying.

"I mean it! Don't try to patronize me! He must think I'm some kind of creep for taking him here, I...I screwed up, Lin. I WARNED him I was clingy and he didn't LISTEN and so somehow I must have thought it was okay to let my guard down and...why are you shaking your head like that?" Irina questions.

"I was talking with the Captain in the hall outside for a nice, long while, dummy. He didn't sneak past me, and...look, right here. There's a depression on the bed where he was, and it's still warm. I think I can smell his soap, too. He's still here somewhere."

"Oh Juno no, he's found it!" Irina bolts impressively for a woman in heels, throwing open one of the doors adjoining the room and stomping inside, "Amos? Amoooos?" From under the bed, you can see the telltale blue-green glow of a hydroponics room of some sort, "Amos, I can explain!"

A pair of feline ears slowly descend into your view, then Lin-Lin's upside-down face. She's peering over the edge of the bed right at you, "Hiya Amos."

>[Be smooth and talk yourself through this]

"Do you want any fish?"

>Hi Lin-Lin

But where do we go from there? That could be a genius opener, though.

Mimic rowing action out from under the bed.

"Ladiessssssssss"

"Hello. Didn't want to spook anyone or cause any trouble, so I hid. I think I might be stuck on something though."

>"Hi Lin-Lin" Wave

"Hi Lin-Lin, do you want any fish?" You wave to her.

Her eyes narrow, "The only fish you'll catch down there are dolphins, and I don't want to taste 'em." She somersaults off the bed, landing on her feet, hooks a hand under the edge, and lifts it up just enough to grab you by the shirt collar and yank you out, "Whatcha doin', Amos?"

You hold your hands up, palms-out, "I didn't want Irina to get caught in bed with me, so I hid."

"Amos!" Irina's voice is oddly relieved as she rushes out of the private hydroponics room, shuts the door, then deliberately locks it with her ID card, "You stayed in here, right? You didn't wander around the rest of the suite?"

You look at her curiously, "Yeah, I'd only just got up when Marilyn arrived." You spot three cups off coffee on a tray on the desk and take one. Coffee would hit the spot right now.

"Oh-ho~ Now I see what's going on with you twoooo~" Marilyn's grin is predatory, "Caught in bed with her, you say. Just got up, you say. This explains why she's being so weird. So what happened, lovebirds~?"

>[Defend Irina's honor]
>[Tease Irina and make her blush]

>>Hi Lin-Lin, How much fish for your silence? *wave*

>>[Defend Irina's honor]

>>[Tease Irina and make her blush]

>>[Defend Irina's honor]

>>[Defend Irina's honor]
We can talk to her about her pictures to tease her.

So, i just catch up to this thread, and is my first time here in Veeky Forums...

But really, at this point, i'am a fan of you guys, this game is incridible '-'

And thanks for all the fun ,thunder, you are awesome man.
(Sorry for broken english, my english is a litle rusty...)

>defend Irina's honor

A narrow choice, interesting!

Welcome aboard, bro.

doesn't matter, welcome friend. Which was the best part so far?

Oda Yoritomo, no doubts. XD

Ah, and just happen to know the writer of the "Brigada Ligeira Estelar" personally, so maybe i can try to awnser questions about it if you guys want.

If wong is ok with it, of course.

You take a deep breath, "It was soft. Soft and warm."

"Ooooh!" The Qu'liri woman claps her hands.

Irina stares at you, makes a strangled squeaking sound, and turns scarlet.

"She nestled up against me like a frightened sparrow, and I kept her warm as best I could." You clap your fist against your chest.

Irina's entire frame shudders, and she claps a hand over her mouth, the other scrambling around on her desk until it finds an empty tin of coffee grounds.

"Alone! Two hearts beating together within the steel belly of this ship, with none to hear or see us, we were finally able to vent the feelings that were in our hearts. Namely exhaustion. Ow!" You wince as an art pencil bounces off your forehead, then a second, then a third.

"AMOSSSSSSSSSS!" Irina looms like an angry titan, pencils bristling between every finger and giving her fists a spined look as she barrages you with them. Her arm is shockingly accurate, and she's focusing on your face, "You melonheaded idiot!"

Lin-Lin's shoulders droop, "So nothing happened? Aw. Are you guys...y'know...kind of together? Because Amos is pretty cute, honestly, and if not...well, maybe I'd be interested. He's a good source of protein, at least."

The stinging barrage does not let up.

>[What say?]

Thanks man!

I'm always okay with it.

>"Am I really as muscly as you portrayed in that picture?" gesture to the drawing of you

Why does everyone refuse to translate anything to do with mecha into english?

Thanks man, its always nice to hear

Well she is nice, has a good throwing arm, and can draw really well, so she wouldn't be a bad choice. But you got to know more about people before you jump right away, right? I mean, we're no Roarke Starwind(Or Fairchild for that matter), got to do things proper.

This sounds good, gives us more time to find out whose best for Amos

I think he has plan to make it acessible to you guys, i have almost certainty that he said something about it sometime ago... But he is very occupied with his actual projects this time...

So i guess you will have to wait for at least an year before an official version to english. =/

"We only just met." You start, holding your arms up to ward off the storm of art supplies.

The barrage momentarily halts.

"But...well, she's nicer than she thinks, she has a good throwing arm, she can draw really well, and we're already friends, so..." You scratch the back of your head. It would be really helpful if you were Roarke Starwind right now, or someone with a real talent for reading other people, "...I want to take things a little more slowly, do it right. Being allies, we have to make sure it would work before we become anything else. Even if she's beautiful and looks really hot in a bikini." You smile.

The barrage does not resume, but Irina remains very, very red. She leans down and hurriedly begins scooping up her pencils, "What he said."

"Plus she made me a really cool gun. If I broke her heart, she might rig the next one to explode." You nod sagely.

She cocks her armful of pencils back, then pauses, muttering in agreement, "Yes, I really might..." She gives you a little scowl that's almost cute enough to be a pout.

Lin-Lin's tail swishes back and forth, "Ehehehehe~ Well, since the answer is 'not yet', I won't give up!" She points at you cheerfully, "Keep feeding me and keep fishing near my favorite nap spot, and you'll never be lonely! I, the invincible Marilyn, guarantee it!" She pats your backside, spins around, and saunters out of the room, whistling.

Irina meticulously puts her supplies away in silence, still blushing.

>[Make your goodbyes]
>[No, wait, I have more to say to her]

>>[Make your goodbyes]

>[Make your goodbyes]

>I mean every word of that
>make a speedy exit

>>[Make your goodbyes]

>>[Make your goodbyes]
We have avalonians and shinji to deal with, I don't know which is going to be harder to deal with

>>[Make your goodbyes]
Good on you Wedge. Now, let's go find Simon and hope he's not in some sort of three way between a blue haired emotionless robot and a very angry german ginger. Poor guy wouldn't be able to handle it.

Bright Slap Shinji and that'll resolve itself.

Wait, what's wrong with Biggs?

"Huh... You really should train your pets better, one day she might steal more than fish from you" *Wink*
>>Make you goodbyes

It actually does if you go by Super Robot Wars Alpha. Of course, he then proceeds to slap Jesus in the next game. Then in the Z series you can get Shin to not be so emo through a involved secret path and make Kira admit that he could have done a better job of things.

IC he had a breakdown during both of the battles and broke down from the Paladin playing music

OOC he's shinji and he's bound to constantly have some issues

let him go bezerk an go after the paladin

Shit now i want to play those even more now. any translations for them at all?

Sadly no big ones. WE have some LPers who translate and explain, but no actual in game translation so far. lus side, the new SRW Original Gen game has a english version if you are willing to import. I am currently playing it between posts, watching as one villain goes nuttier every time I beat him.

only official translations are OG1 and 2 on GBA, and the new Moon Dwellers that just came out (although the quality is a bit... iffy.)

Alpha Gaiden on PS1, and J on GBA both have fan translations. I recommend starting with either of the OG ones on GBA, or Alpha Gaiden if you can handle the somewhat dated interface.

>"Oh Juno no, he's found it!" Irina bolts impressively for a woman in heels, throwing open one of the doors adjoining the room and stomping inside, "Amos? Amoooos?" From under the bed, you can see the telltale blue-green glow of a hydroponics room of some sort, "Amos, I can explain!"
>"Amos!" Irina's voice is oddly relieved as she rushes out of the private hydroponics room, shuts the door, then deliberately locks it with her ID card, "You stayed in here, right? You didn't wander around the rest of the suite?"

So, Whats Irina hiding in the hydroponics bay, and why hasn't she shared it with the rest of the class?

GREENMAN!!!

Weed.

After the door closes behind Marilyn, you clear your throat and step closer to Irina, "Are we still on for tonight?"

She looks over her shoulder at you, her blush fading, "Of course. Vodka likes meeting new people." She smiles crookedly.

You glance down at the portrait of you, "You must have a really good eye to memorize a scene that quickly. Am I really that muscly?"

She smiles a little more, "The pilot suit makes you look bigger, but you are pretty buff. It's nice to see, especially with the way your uniform fits on you. Don't compliment me too much, I was able to get a good look at you while you were asleep, you had that expression the whole time." Her cheeks redden again, "I-I didn't mean like I was watching you sleep! Well, I was, but it was for a sketch, that isn't weird!"

"Not weird at all!" You agree in a chipper way and a little too quickly, "Hey, you know I meant everything I said, right?"

She reddens a little more, but from her smile she doesn't seem to mind, "So do I. You're a really, really good man, and I'd love to look at you and draw you some more. You said I'm beautiful, so it's okay if I say the same about you, right?"

"Right." You agree. "So..."

"I'll need a couple of hours to finish the work I actually have to get done tonight, but after that I'm all yours. I don't know precisely how long it will be, so...here, give me your PC." She adds you to her contacts list, and adds herself to yours, then hands it back. For a brief moment, your fingertips blush, and her smile is warm as the morning sun, "Meet me here when I message you. I feel a little unsafe walking through Innsmouth completely alone, even if I carry my sidearm."

"A-Alright." You stammer slightly, "I have to go make sure my squad is alright. See you soon, okay?" You smile back. She nods, and you depart.

You smile even more when you see her contact image.

[Continued]

Crazy Theory Time
Having had her magnum opus torn apart by The Pirate Roarke Startwind on the news. In her Vodka fueled Depression Irina has taken to trying to grow a new Mecha in the style of the Greenman just to get revenge against Roarke and his Custom Thoroughbred MP

Don't think it was her user the woman was called Ms. Quintalla

It's a room full of girl clones obviously.

fan art incoming.

You said you were worried about your squadmates, but you're really worried about one in particular.

Simon has panicked twice when the Paladin showed up, and that's a truly bad sign. Nobody has gotten hurt yet, but it only takes one weak link to shatter even the strongest chain. You're all soldiers, all three of you. Voluntary enlistees, good enough to get into SOUL. You're not civilian kids pushed by circumstance into being forced to pilot unfamiliar mecha, you've been trained for this. You firm up your jaw and go to confront him.

You don't need to send him a message to know where he is. Simon Biggs is a creature of habit, and by habit he'll be in the mechbay doing simms in his Pumpkinseed II.

The simms do a wonderful job training rookie pilots. You fit the system into your mech, and it plugs into the comprehensive UJCIDF flight data for all models of enemy mecha on which sufficient data has been collected to give the limited-scope AI pilot enough information to use one. One can fight in arena-style battles against enemy mecha, or participate in larger-scale missions run by an instructor. Such missions are frequently used for exams at the Academy. You've always done well in the simms, good enough to more than make up for your marginal marks in your elective classes, but years ago a friend of yours discovered a flaw in the system that stopped you from taking your performance too much to heart.

That friend was Caesar, Heinrich Merrow himself, one of the few people to solidly beat your marks in the simms. Like a good sport, even though you were older than him at the time, you congratulated him and made a point of hanging out with him at the time, but he seemed unsatisfied. Perhaps it was a result of all his experience playing other simmgames, but he adamantly insisted the AI pilots lack spontaneity and creativity.

[Continued]

Nice work user, speaking of fan art, to the guy who was drawing the Kaiser how is that coming along?

Nice rip of a deviants plasma rifle fag.