Age of Sigmar General

>resources
pastebin.com/6y3WjKs6

White Dwarf will return edition

>General's Handbook is up
Who can convert it in pdf with hyperlink function?
Rough version is up, still waiting that kat uploader version.
mega.nz/#!DxJhhQRa!ObBJiQp43LJK2gC22ioeyXsMNU1_BjwyAR-sjeAoHJg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

Old thread:
Death need luv, no models, only 1 battletome, got beaten hard in fluff(The Death of Nagash, aka the Battle of Black Skies). Shall we get new kits like bone chariots, bone construct and some bone giant for Deathrattle!!! Maybe a new faction name too.

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/store/2062028?spm=2114.10010108.100005.1.hdCRdQ
shop.microartstudio.com/battle-bases-c-3.html
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Giant-Bats
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Death books when?!! best faction is left behind faction.

Which is the best maggoth lord crunch-wise? Morbidex or Orghotts? (Bloab both in fluff and crunch a shit)

Well looks like still no more new releases for the month of September.

Who dropped the steam head rumor?

Which is the one who's mom shagged a GUO?

Orghotts
He's got the best fluff of course

I want a deathrattle book or a soulblight... I REALLY want to know about the vampire kingdoms

Isn't the far off rumor death is getting a whole new army?

Also lore question for lore folks. Is settra dead? Also there's kingdoms of vamps still?

Settra is MIA. He was last seen killing bloodthirsters and killing everything before the world blows up. He could very well have survived.

As for the Vamps, I'm just assuming that they probably exist, since soulblight are all knights and shit.

I just want to run nothing but spooks, but having like 4 units in the whole Malignants army is a bit piss poor. Yes we just got Ghoul Courts but everyone knows spooks and skellies is where its at!

didn't even just get them plus destruction is the other small grand alliance and they have tree, two of which were just released back to back death deserves something

Does this game work well with proxies? I wanted to get into this game by using a bunch of Perry miniatures as a free peoples army.

yeah good point. Skellies and spooks deserve love too, or they will break into your house and mess up your pots and pans.

>this game work well with proxies?
>your opponent work well with proxies?

FTFY.

>am...am I not supposed to think that's kinda cool?
You are.
hammers of Sigmar is the best book of the series alongside Warbeast(and my personal fav)and you definetely should read it.
Its really well written, has a lot of cool ideas and revolves around interesting characters, like a fucking schizophrenic prosecutor prime and an ex slave/gladiator Lord celestant.
It also features a Khorne villain so angry, it decapitates one of his commanders and use that head to kill another one by smashing it in his skull.
Fucking glorious.
I like morbidex. both his attitude and his crunch are good. he makes nurglins pretty good which is great imho because it makes for interesting lists to see on the battlefield.

Technically he was always dead, but right now probably, since he managed to piss off EVERYONE who could Rez him

Vampire kingdoms still exist too across the realms. Some are even vampires and not ghouls

Is Gutrot Spume worth taking? He seems a bit lackluster overall, but I bought his model during the End Times, and figured I might include him in my combined Rotbringers/Daemons army, but I can't help but feel I've got better options.

He will res himself with his willpower

Are there female stormcast?

>since he managed to piss off EVERYONE who could Rez him

His own unbreakable will!

>female stormcast
Much like female imperial guard, exist but no model nor artwork.

>Is Gutrot Spume
A tanky hero, can tank decimators(w/o starsoul mace for sure) for the whole game.

His ability to grasp and render useless one weapon is pretty strong imho since he can alone stall even big monsters and hearoes who rely on a single, strong weapon.
Also, he looks great.

>render useless one weapon
We have discussed this one in last thread, worth a read

no, its says till the end of the phase.
End of the phase=cannot attack, so he doesn't make attacks with one weapon. Its stated like this because he can attack with the weapon in the next combat phase or has any "at the end of the phase"effects.

tfw you will never see an immortal legion of Settra rise up and challenge Nagash for true lordship of the undead...

>End of the phase=cannot attack

I won't discuss with you at this point, just post your question on fb, and let the rules guy(not fb guy) reply you.

by that logic gorkamorkas war cry is the best spell ever

>discussion
>I AM RIGHT AND IM NOT DISCUSSING WITH BECAUSE I AM CLEARLY SUPERIOR, LOOK AT ME
whew lad
its a confusing wording and both interpretations may be true, so only a faq can answer this.

Chill bro.

Anyone have any hopes for the future of AoS? Me personally I'm really liking the game so far and hoping for a gobbo faction or a new death faction.

Would be cool to see settra come back and spit in nagashs face again.

>confusing wording

I don't think so, the original line is quite clear, but he quoted the line favored his claim, that why I told him post on fb instead.

>"...model's weapon is snared and it cannot make any attacks with it until the end of the phase."

>Anyone have any hope
Grandfather Nurgle scorns at your behaviour

Hoping for new Slaanesh soon. I know there's rumors, but there's been nothing more than "it's coming" kek. I want badass new models and rules to match.

Also season of war was fun, despite being totally one sided. Another campaign of similar nature would be neat.

> hoping for more goblins
My nigga

I would love too see the what they did for say bonesplittas done to say the moonclan.

Something with Moon Shrooms.

Been playing the hooded little bastards since I got that starter set with the dwarfs. Would love to see a battletome: Moonclan Grots.

I'm actually curious if the Grot Scuttlings we saw in Silver Tower are going to be the new thing for moonclan grots period. I'm kinda hoping not, but on the other hand it might be cool, I dunno. They took a lot of factions I thought were pointless and gave them a pretty good standing in the new lore.

I like the scuttlings but am hoping they are just a one off kinda deal. I am excited for whatever direction they choose to go for my moonclans though. Who knows. Just got to wait and see

We need a Fist of Mork since we've got Gorddrak, and I hope that it's a grot

Stormcast armor is standard issue so technically every stormcasts but two is a male and female model

>tfw Mannlet worstcarstein comes back to the setting but not Based Settra
I still have my fingers crossed on Settra and the Eternal Legions coming back. Maybe once Nagash finishes his study of how Sigmar made the Stormcasts, and makes his own Deathcast Eternals, Death will be poised to be an even greater threat than Chaos or destruction- Until based Settra returns with his legions that are completely independent from Nagash' sorcery, and challenges him for the title of true king of death.

It's either moon clan or spiderfang for them
My money is on fang gouge since they're literally part grot part spider

What should I run with a 1000pt moonclan list?

I can honestly say AoS is the first thing to get me interested in vanilla goblins since 5th ed but never rebuilt my common goblin numbers up since I sold my old army.

Where on fb?

Selling my brets to start a sylvaneth army lol

>selling my oop for flavour of the month lol

You will likely never be able to replace them. Why sell them?

Cause I think wood elf archers look cooler I always thought legolas was cool af

The knight aesthetic just doesn't appeal to me like it did when I was a kid

Sylvaneth aren't Wood Elves. They're tree people.

You want the Wanderers.

Anyone know when the first new White Dwarf issues are being sent out for people who pre-ordered?

What bases should rank and file daemons be based on? Since their profiles are mostly balls now, I assume the 25mm?

I'm using 32mm for my Horrors, works fine.

And it seems like they're using those as standard anyway for new releases, so probably those.

fuck :( put my bearers on 25mm

It doesn't really matter much, there's no rule saying which you should use. 25mm works fine too.

Sucks that they show the Plague Bearers on 32mm, only ship them with 25mm... but show legacy models on 25mm...

Time to order another 300 bases from Mr a Chinaman

How much cheaper are those than buying from GW anyway?

For the cost of 10 bases from GW you can get 100 from a Chinaman

I also order from based chinaman (Z in fact) though I hear CCON does even better work, but within a smaller catalog of models. Good way to get OOP/FW shit too

any BoneSplitterz user's on here? anyone try the Icebone WarClan yet? Got a fav spell or artefact???

>For the cost of 10 bases from GW

Questionable, pic related.

For plain round 32mm, you pay £3 for 10; the chinaman price is £1 for 10(roughly), cheaper but not what you claimed.

Who/what do you buy your chinese products from? I would love to get in on these savings.

aliexpress.com/store/2062028?spm=2114.10010108.100005.1.hdCRdQ

This is where I buy my bases, it's just an aliexpress store, nothing illegal either mind you

Not Chinese, but I get mine from shop.microartstudio.com/battle-bases-c-3.html

Wow nice, cheers!

meh, my bad, I thought it was about that price, it's all listed there, do as you will.

Ooh okay then I want wanderers

How much?

All of their best models are out of print as well.

Are there only supposed to be three Mortarchs? It sucks that if I want to build those big models I have to only use three different characters and I don't care for the vampire ones, I liked Vlad not Manfred...

Either way I'm more of a "Your Dudes" style player and would rather make stories about my own mortarch.

If I wanted to model my own unique Mortarch and just use Manfred's or Neferata's rules to represent them does the lore allow that? Are there other mortarchs or did Nagash literally just make three and go "yep that's enough!"

Same guy, If I can't and the lore states there is only three that is fine. I don't want to snowflake something unnecessary and I'll just have to make a cool zombie dragon or something... I just haven't read all the fluff yet so I don't know...

Weren't Krell and Vlad also Mortarch's? For the man who wants to spend less points. Nagash was considerate like that

No, Mannfred, Arkan, and Nef-chan are the main Motarchs that Nagash saw fit to share some of his power to.

There are lesser Motarchs in the fluff and there is mention of Vampires and Necromancers wanting to earn favor with Nagash in order to be elevated into a Motarch.

>Either way I'm more of a "Your Dudes" style player
I feel you, hate using named characters

Personally I'd love a Skryre battletome, but I know other factions need one more. Death comes to mind.

I'd also love a gobbo battletome.

Whats the difference between a named character and a nameless character who also likely has fixed weapons? Just make up your own name for the named character.

Can anyone with an Everchosen book help me out?

I'm trying to figure out the specifics of the Fatesworn Warband tzeentch formation. I know it's a mortal hero, and 9 mortal units, and i know what it provides (lots of arcane bolt casting, and i think a 6+ ward save and gives everyone -1 rend?) not sure about the last two things though, or what the wording on the abilities is.

Thanks!

I got the epub from the links at the top of the thread. Why not get it yourself. Also I'm not near my PC so can't look

ABILITIES
Scions of Change: Tzeentch’s sacred number is 9, and fortune favours those of his
followers that adhere to it. If the number of models in a unit from the warband is a
multiple of 9 when it is first set up, roll a dice each time it suffers a wound or mortal
wound. On a roll of 6, fate intervenes and the wound is ignored.

Conduits of Arcane Power: Tzeentch’s followers thrum with magical energy and
their weapons crackle with coruscating force. All weapons used by models in
the Fatesworn Warband with a Rend of ‘-’ have a Rend of -1 instead. In addition,
HEROES in this warband can attempt to cast the Arcane Bolt spell in their hero
phase as if they were a wizard. If the model is already a wizard, it can attempt to
cast Arcane Bolt twice in each of its hero phases, once through the power granted by
Tzeentch, and once more as one of the spells the model is normally allowed to cast.

Fuck sake lmao guess I'm gunna have to try trade

Oh, I'm retarded... I should maybe read more I guess.
Thanks!

unfortunatly from the fluff posted (royal victrians) it seems that female stormcasts do exist, but with body of male stormcasts.

When sigmar took them from the realms he didn't take their bodies, just the souls and repurposed them into bodies put in his image. Don't think he cared about whether the soul was ma, woman, young or old. As long as they called out his name or proved themselves to him, he would take their souls and give em male looking bodies.

This is what i got from the fluff i read, i might be wrong but from the exerpt about royal victrians thats my view on female SC.

Shame

What's your favourite AoS story so far? For me, it's The Outcast by Josh Reynolds, just a wonderfully well written (and creepy) tale.

Suddenly the worst images of the internet spring to mind and all I see is Stormgay's being redubbed : futa-marines

Just finished reading this one. Gotta say, while it's not triple A writing, it's much better than a lot of the IP works I've read for various universes.

Also, Anvils of the Heldenhammer are by and far the best Stormhost. They have the get shit done attitude that would fucking end Chaos if the rest of the Stormcasts also acted that way.

Also fuck Nagash.

Morning Bitches!

Its rather quiet this morning... too quiet...

Anyway:

Fuck, that is a full 16 model unit of realm knights and an 8 man unit... archers, peasants... DAMN SON.

I hope you give them to a good home.

Dude, you don't need a mortarch to ride one of those cool giant undead mounts. Buy the Mortarch model and use your bits to make a Vampire Lord on Abyssal Terror. Its described as pretty much what you are looking for. The rules for it are in the older PDF for Vampire Counts on the GW website and it would fit perfectly. You can then use the bits for the others for more interesting conversions later.

I'm still deciding myself if I want to take the plunge into a Death army with Soulblight but if I do I will be making an Abyssal Terror as a centerpiece for my bloodknight army... but I have to finish my Everchosen first... I might be tired of cavalry by then or distracted by the Tzeentch release... but we will see...

Mine's is still the small blurb through the eyes of the Ghoul eating the corpse of an Ogre when another ghoul staggers over and tries to take a bite. Right as they are about kill each other over the meal like animals they look up as both Ghoul Kings fly by. It describes how the ghoul sees the kings as radient and glorious lords riding might flying horses and then looks down to the other ghoul and sees him as another normal human, sharing the "golden loot" from the enemy and the two become incredibly polite and kind to each other as they "loot" the "gold" from the "bag"... which is really them devouring the Orge like lunatics saying random "jolly old chap!" talk with each other in-between bites.

Brought that entire faction to life with that simple short piece.

You still have a decent range in print - all of the plastic stuff apart from the Horse Archers, it is just the Waywatchers (elite Stealthy Archer dudes), Horse archers and giant hawk riding archers are all out of print metal models.

Production even. Not print.
On that note though, their rules are still game legal, so if you can get them, or convert for them, then you can still use them.

Here's my rankings for the Stormhosts
1) Hallowed Knights
2) Astral Templars
3) Anvils of Heldenhammer
4) Celestial Vindicators
5) Hammers of Sigmar

The ghoul blurb is good. This one is also one of my faves.

Thanks! I never thought of that. Its perfect for me and his spell is actually really useful! I'll probably just do this one.

Flesheaters are based as fuck, they shit on pretty much everyone and have some of the most creative shit.

God i want a Battletome: Soulblight
Until then i'll just use Death Alliegence

Yeah me too. the only thing stopping me is no plastic bats.

Why not use games-workshop.com/en-GB/Giant-Bats ?

Metal.

If I take a formation that has Battleline units in it do they count towards my armies required Battleline or do I have to take them separately?

Formations count as your army - this isn't 40k

Got em on eBay, hoping for £30 but it's only got a £0.99 bid on it rn lmfao RIP

Ah that's not too bad, sucks I think way watchers would be cool but I also wouldn't mind a whole army of glade guard haha

Oh damn
Yeah New Bats when?

>whole army of glade guard

I want the little bats really. Considered using tiny paper cut outs on paper clip stands but not sure that would fly in an actual GW. I guess I could stick some GW shit to the base.

It is an easy enough conversion. Just give them the heads with hoods, and if you are handy with green stuff make some vines and leaves to cover them.

Worst comes to worst, I doubt anyone would complain if you made sure the ones being used as Waywatchers had hoods, and regular glade guard didn't.