Dice Storage Solutions

I keep my dice collection in this leatherette CD box I bought from a Staples store about ten years ago. I love the box, but worry about carrying it to a gming session and tripping and falling over, spilling my precious dice all over! My solution so far is to walk very carefully and keep vboth hands on the case.

Where do you keep your dice, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

ako-dice.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

In a crown Royal bag.

Or in my pockets.

It's not like I'm playing a game that requires 300 dice for no reason.

Unless I'm playing Orks, and I bring a bucket filled with dice to intimidate the other players.

The dice up top are some I really like: A d20 my older brother, 17 years my senior, for some reason let me chew on when I was a toddler (and yeah, it's older than me.) the big d6 is from Dark Castle Collectibles, who went belly-up last week. The blue d6 is from my local comic shop, Carolina Comics. The tan d6 was a gift from my little sister. It has the face of Jake the Dog on the 1 face.

Here, have a picture of my favorite dice containers.

Dammit I have no idea why it flipped like that. Sorry, anons. Still have a good look at the boxes though.

OP here, those are some primo boxes!

I keep different dice sets in pill bottles. I have plenty of large prescription pill bottles, so I just peel off the labels and put dice in. I also keep character or monster tokens in them for when I'm running a game.

An Australianon has arrived.
Damn, that D20 has some history I'm sure. I'd love to hear a story like that from someone in my group.

Last post showing off my favorites: For our anniversary last month, my wife got me a set of black/blue sandstone dice. They sparkle so much in daylight. Indoors they look kind of bland. They're like a secret treasure. I never play with them out of fear that they might damage a friend's table, or worse, break the dice themselves!

>OP here, those are some primo boxes!
Thanks OP. You can get them for yourself too (well, the red and greenish ones maybe not as much, due to them being Kickstarter exclusive woods). Wyrmwood Gaming is a hell of a company (and I'll be posting my newest acquisition as soon as it arrives).

If you're curious, the woods are, from top to bottom, left to right: Cherry, Argentinian Lignum Vitae, Gabon Ebony, Lacewood, Padauk and Bolivian Rosewood. The Padauk dice tower is magnetically collapsable and fits into the tray along with the dice vault and are held in place thanks to a neat leather strap with clasp. Nothing is dyed or stained, all the colors are as natural grew them. And yeah, they're pretty sweet (that Gabon Ebony vault is especially excellent, being insanely dense and a marvel to behold and handle).

>An Australianon has arrived.
Whelp, looks like someone found out my secret! Actually I'm an American, sadly.

The d20 is probably 10 years older than me. My older brother, who was 17 when I was born, admits that one time when I was a toddler he let me look at his favorite set of dice. Specifically, his d20. I chewed the everloving fuck out of it, and when he got it back from me, he decided that once I was old enough to not risk my own life with it again, he would give it to me to keep.

My brother is still a pretty big dumbass. But I find the story endearing. Also, cheers for me not choking to death on the thing under his watch, right? It's really an all-around victory for me.

That's pretty fuckin' cool! I love it!

Thanks for the info! I have a birthday coming up and need ideas for what to ask for: Might as well go big and ask for some seriously sick-ass dice boxes!

I seriously recommend you do it. Wyrmwood is a heck of a group of folks.

Here, if you want a few other cool ideas, have some neat dice I've managed to acquire over time.

I'd go for that dice tower right now, but was recently given one of these Easy Roller Dice Co. trays by one of my oldest friends and I just fucking love it. The leatherette is a perfect match to my dice box. The *th-th-thump* sound it makes as dice roll on it is so satisfying. It probably isn't as cool as a dice tower, but it's a perfect match to me.

Nice collection! I really like the wooden ones!

>ako dice
>magic missile D4+1
my nigga

A fine choice, though I personally do recommend you upgrade to the perfect wood tray and tower one day. I promise you, it's worth it.

Thanks mate, those are from etsy and made from plywood, believe it or not. My mother got me them during college as a gift, years ago.

You know it.

I've had a bad problem that since the crit and shit D20 that guy made, I have been getting all his shit since then with that dice tower/GM screen being the latest thing.

I am unfamiliar with this individual. Link/explain/both?

Cosmo Joe/studio 6D6

He does kickstarters for his dice where he actually delivers the product at a reasonable rate. The product in question is usually some sort of novelty dice which in some cases is also practical like the magic missile D4 since it adds the +1 into the die roll, or like the elemental D6 dice, so the whole table knows which die is for your enchantment.

His latest thing is a GM screen which has 2 dice towers built into it so one rolls to the players and the other rolls to the GM.

Just look up double dice tower GM screen on kickstarter

Oh, that guy! I have some of his dice and was planning to get the d8 health potion dice too.

If I didn't have a beautiful magnetic DM screen/tower/tray/box combo coming from Wyrmwood, I'd probably pick one up from Studio 6d6 as well.

name of the dice on the far right with the cool ass paneling?

The dice on the very far right, the silver and grey ones, are AKO dice. ako-dice.com/

If you meant the black and silver ones just to their left, those are CUBBLE dice, from a Kickstarter. I think he was going to open an online store too.

I use an old leather CD ROM case, it works wonders. It has a zipper so it won't bust open if you happen to drop it.

GOD DAMN those are sexy

thanks, user

I've always kept my dice inside an old cigar box my dad gave me. It's got more sentimental value than anything really which is why I use it. He gave it to me the day before his first deployment to Iraq, it was full of photos of us, some money, candy and a long letter telling me how proud of me he is and how I'd have to hold things down while he was gone. He went on two back to back tours of Iraq and came back and is now a police officer. I still don't get to see him as much I think we should what with college and the distance, but I try and make it out to him whenever I can.