/pfg/ - Pathfinder General

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

Goblinoid Edition! Discuss instances you either played as or encountered various goblinoids, from Hobs to Bugbears.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq (embed) (embed) (embed)

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Horror Adventures: imgur.com/a/r2TOH
imgur.com/a/odYOE

New leak from DSP: Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors: docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/magic/building-and-modifying-constructs
nhentai.net/g/50856/
d20pfsrd.com/feats/item-creation-feats/brew-fleshcrafting-poison-item-creation
zenithgames.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-comprehensive-pathfinder-guides.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I want to play a bully, what class would I play if I want maximum bullying potential.

Orcs and half orcs feel kinda made for this thing.

Sorcerers, Inquisitors, Warlords, Bloodragers, and Bards.

Let the Chad flow through you.

Any class capable of running a good Intimidate build sounds ideal.

Half orc inquisitor.
Maximum bully.
Bully the other players
Bully the Monsters
Even bully the DM, with how much you bully shit.

DELET this

poplar is NOT for bully

>let the chad flow through you

Remember to give the bully some non-abuse hobbies that are actually quite adorable, to add depth to the character and convince his victims they "deserve" the treatment.

Personally, I recommend points in Heal and Knowledge (Nature) and write him off as a natural herbalist, spending time in every village curing a little girl's tummy ache or fixing the hobble in the old grandma's stride.

Summoner, you always have a stooge with you at all times

But user, bully is fun.

My paladin bullies some goblins to death in a cave.

>Let the Chad flow through you.

I thought you want the Chad flowing *into* you.

What's the best way to build a caster that builds golems and clockwork soldiers?

Pic almost related, my DM won't let me make a necromancer

What class/race combo do I want to play if I want to be an unkillable character?
I mean via anything.
Save or dies=fuck off, saves are god-tier

Things trying to get my health down?
nah, my AC and/or HP (particularly HP) is absurdly high

Ability damage? not happening. maybe this one, I don't know enough to know if this is preventable

Hopefully a class that has some kind of access to fast healing+DR, the image of wounds healing mid fight is sexy as hell.

Any thing is acceptable, I can make their background work somehow.
Hard mode: no 3pp

I want to get bullied and there's nothing you can do to stop me!

Wizard with Golem Constructor and the Arclord of Nex archetype

Wyrwood Wizard with the Arcane Crafter universalist subschool.

You get craft wondrous item as a bonus feat at level 3 which gets you to golemancy much faster.

Also wyrwoods can inscribe themselves with golem runes for 2k a pop to increase a single stat by +2. (hint: spam that shit on your intelligence)

That's the spirit...?

Magusanon, if you're trying to get Deadly Agility try also getting Martial Training.

Oh, forgot-
Nightmare mode:
Almost unkillable from level 1 or two, gets worse from there
Not really a part of hard mode, but you can say one that fits both, if you want.

Ask the GM to let you use skeleton, zombie and necrocraft stats, spells and costs but fluff them as constructs instead.

>Golem Rune
What?

I forget the name of it, but it's a thing you can put on all constructs both during and after creation. It's just a rune that costs 2000gp to permanently buff up one of their stats by +2.
It can be applied to wyrwoods since they are wholly constructs.

Hmm I will look into both of those, I have not seen the golden runes.

The cost is why I cannot be a necromancer. He doesn't want me spamming the field with minions. So I need one or two really beefy minions to act as my buddies

Just looked it up, it's under construct modification, it's not a rune, it's just a basic thing you can do. and it costs 5k gp not 2k. Still, +2 to a stat PERMANENTLY for 5k isn't half bad.

d20pfsrd.com/magic/building-and-modifying-constructs

Hawkguard Warder with Cursed Razor

I don't have enough SFW pictures to prove you wrong, so...

nhentai.net/g/50856/

It stacks, right?

Oh yea, you can do it as much as you want, each time it only applies to one stat, and you have to pay the full 5k each time, but it can be done nigh infinitum (or until your GM gets upset at these shinanigans)

>Get promised Poplar
>Only get like three panels of Poplar

I thought a short large-breasted perky girl would get more action in shit like this.

I want to drop a lot of money on this game. What are the best books?

If you want to build constructs from 1st level onward?
Promethean Alchemist 1/Wizard X.

If you're starting at 5th level or higher?
Conjuration Wizard X, and take Craft Wondrous at 3rd, then Arms & Armor at 5th and use your 5th-level bonus feat on Craft Construct.

Ignore Golem Constructor, it's shit. Arclord of Nex is only good at all if you make tons of constructs, since its 4th level class feature (It is a Prestige Class, NOT an Archetype) which you get at 9th character level halves the time it takes to make constructs.

Animated Objects are the most cost-effective constructs you can make, having pretty good levels of customization, low CL to make, and are heinously cheap.

Most of the ways of doing this are 3.5e, but I can at least solve the HP damage bit for you.

Buy a permanent Fleshcrafting Poison of Regeneration 5 (Fire) made from a Moss Troll (CR 4, market value 4000gp) and a Fleshcrafting Poison of Fire Immunity made from a Small Fire Elemental (CR 1, 1000gp). Now as long as you don't take any damage that pierces fire immunity (which is rare as fuck) you can't be stabbed to death. Take Die Hard and then the Deathless Initiate feat chain to be able to act freely while in the negatives.

Poplar is for headpats and handholding and gently walking home only

just got back from a great session! nights like tonight remind me why I play tabletop games.

Do share.

Fennec user! You post so often asking how our sessions have gone, but we never hear about your own!

Tell us about your last session!

everyone just had a lot of fun. Every player got a good opportunity to shine, the jokes were constant, and the RP was on point.
I am running an all evil campaign with two players who are trying to machiavelli the party in two different directions, so it was also really cool to watch the political undercurrents play out.
It was just one of those nights where everything worked well, you know?

>tfw no party member to gently walk home or headpat.

>Fleshcrafting Poison of Regeneration
>Fleshcrafting Poison of Fire Immunity
can you elaborate on the combination of these?
I doubt my GM would allow me to buy the latter combined with the former... but making a character that only dies to fire would be kinda interesting in an adventure path.
Not so much in a campaign where the DM could just be like "lol, here's a red dragon/fire elemental/ect, fuck you"
I'm looking up die hard and deathless, though they look cool.

d20pfsrd.com/feats/item-creation-feats/brew-fleshcrafting-poison-item-creation

The most overpowered item creation feat in the game, it allows you to permanently gain monster abilities based on the CR of the monster that has the closest ability. The price is based on the CR of the monster, and because it's item creation, you can canonically just buy it.

In an AP, however, you're limited by vendors, so this isn't possible.

I'm gonna be playing in a new group for Pathfinder and I'm pretty new to the game and table tops in general.

I was looking through d20pfsrd website and saw the Elemental Wizard archetype and thought they might be cool but I'm pretty overwhelmed about how to build them. Any advice?

Why not make a gentleman's agreement about how many necrocraft you are allowed to field at the same time?

that's... pretty goddamn good, I found that page before asking, but was specifically looking at the two items you mentioned, guess they don't have their own pages?

If I have to make it myself that's... alright. I guess alchemist would be the best thematically for that, and I can go full crazy asshole and give 0 fucks for my own safety mid battle with natural attacks, plus they have the clone spell, but what's the best base class/race in general?

The AP thing is a pretty good point, kinda skipped my mind.

Using loads of skellingtons is bad anyway. Optimal skellington amount is 2 to 3, so that you aren't wasting your HD cap on garbage monsters that'll never hit.

You don't have to make it yourself. That the feat exists is enough to mean the poisons are available anywhere you can buy magic items with that price value. It'd probably be easiest to get away with it if you went on an adventure on behalf of a Drow settlement, though, since they're the ones who pioneer that sort of thing in most settings.

Follow the guides

>zenithgames.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-comprehensive-pathfinder-guides.html

For an alchemist, I would suggest the Half-Elf, for Dual Minded. Alchemists have a shit will save, so you're going to want to stack as many bonuses to will as you can. Trait bonus, Race Bonus, Iron Will, fucking everything.

Where would one find the imgur for Legacy of Dragons? Or what about Haunted Heroes?

I want to play the biggest loser imaginable, what country should this guy be from.

you could try not being a retard, for one.

IGNORE THIS.

Most of the guides are outdated, wrong, or both. You can only get at most the most basic of information anymore, and so much of it is misleading or outright not true that you're better off talking to your GM about what you want to play and what he suggests to do in his campaign for that sort of character.

A core Rogue from Rahadoum or Razmira

Gee thanks. Why don't you try be helpful instead?

Go away, you prick.

Look at the faggot, you faggot.

Play a Commoner from Osirion. Be one of those 50gp slaves you can buy.

Neckbeard atheist weaboo samurai from Rahadoum.

>basically a minute apart
Samefag detected.

Ah, right.
how bout an unkillable class in general? With or without a potential 10 caster levels
Alchemist fits making the poisons, but as the other guy I'm quoting pointed out, I don't actually have to make the potions.
they have to be longer apart than that, dude.

Alchemist with the normal Mutagen stuff, the Regeneration Line, and a Protector Tumor Familiar can facetank a fuckton of HP damage. The mummy discovery gives you immunity to a bunch of stuff.

>the second post was ten seconds before the first one would have been able to samefag.

No, you're just a bad person.

How would I the combat from Devil May Cry?

I stole a man's fortune, destroyed his marriage, turned his son against him, and engineered his public denouncement before the peerage.

When he attempted to confront me in private, I told him a little about myself: when I was young, he had my father killed, and turned my sister and me out into the streets, where she had starved. The realization of who I was (on top of the wholesale destruction of everything he had built over the course of his life) proved too much, and he committed suicide.

But that wasn't why I did it. I did it because he was about to finagle his way into a position where he could politically ruin the princess, who opposed him on many issues. Said princess (who was a party member) was a good person, and she had been very kind to me when she had no reason to be. I could probably never fully repay that kindness, but removing an obstacle like him couldn't hurt.

It's not a very happy game. At least, not right now.

Protect that smile

So Greater/Grand Mutagen, Tumor Familar, Preserve Organs, Mummification discoveries?
>the Regeneration Line
I'm unfamiliar with that, is it a discovery?

Any tips for archetype/prestige class?
Im thinking the default beastmorph+vivisectionist/Master Chymist but clone master sounds nice enough

I forgot what they're called, they're the discoveries that give you a ghetto, limited version of "fast healing 5 but not" that automatically kicks in when you drop below 0 hp.

Beastmorph/Vivisectionist straight is pretty good, but a Master Chymist dip could work out pretty well if you wanted. I'm not too knowledgeable on actually playing it though since I never got a chance to play my mauler alchemist build.

With 32 Point Buy, is 18 12 16 10 16 8 a good array for a Barbarian, post-racials? I could pump Str to a 20 by moving the human +2 out of Wis, but I'm not sure how much of a difference it would really make with Rage factored in.

Sounds like a happy ending to me, b0ss.
Justice served.

In a lot of fantasy movies and literature, very large monsters are often restrained by shooting some projectile with chains or ropes attached at them multiple times, then anchoring the other end of the chain or ropes to the ground under high tension.

I like this idea, but I don't know of anything that does this well in Pathfinder. It doesn't have to be viable past, say, 6th level; does anyone know a way to do this from 1st-6th or so? Ideally, I could hire a group of 1st-level Warriors and arrange an ambush with them, distracting a monster while they fire at it.

Look what you did user. You made him cry. You monster.

Updating guides is hard, and it's harder when there's not a book that comes out that doesn't have new alchemist content.

>All this "new alchemist content" in every book
>It's almost universally utter shit and/or doesn't even get updated to the SRD
>Little to NO FUCKING NEW UNIVERSAL ALCHEMIST DISCOVERIES
>NONE OF IT IS ADDING TO OLDER ALCHEMIST ARCHETYPES
>All it does is ruin any chance of getting good 3pp content because "well the alchemist has plenty of stuff let's not flood the market here"
>mfw we will never get Legendary Alchemists
>mfw I will never be able to strongarm Jolly into adding Promethean Alchemist-specific discoveries

Why does Paizo keep doing this to us? One of their best classes and they seem intent on making me hate it.

Not really. He had no reason to know or care about my family. I'm pretty sure the princess wouldn't approve of me destroying his life, either. I know for a fact that the cavalier doesn't, despite not actually having any proof that I'm responsible-he's disliked me for a long time, and not without reason. I've done some mean things to people this game.

/this/
I was super hyped to play alchemist, but all the amount of shit I would have to sort through to find anything good especially mundane items to craft made me decide against it.

Doesn't work in Pathfinder; you can't beat their CMDs because they're too big, not people, and that's a martial action not a spell

>One of their best classes
I contest this notion. I think the Alchemist is and has always been a class with a bad case of confused identity, and it is not a good class by way of the amount of effort required to maintain an acceptable degree of party contribution as you progress through the game.

Lassos and Nets target Touch AC and Entangle things. I'm sure something could be done along those lines.

Even pitching Legendary Alchemist would be laughable at this point, it's straight up tragic. I mean I don't doubt I could write good material for it, but holy damn, just go look at the archetype section for alchemist on the PFSRD.

It is silly huge, there's 26 and that's even without the most recent content.

Oddly enough, this statement actually means that for as little as my guide has been updated, it's still useful for finding the best content, since nothing of great value has been added since Ultimate Intrigue.

When Specializing in elemental schools, the spells in those schools are they automatically put into my spellbook or do I still have to learn the spells?

Still have to learn them normally.

Yep. I was basically only using your guide to look up things for myself that you put as orange or above.
I was curious about some red things i'll admit, but not much.

/pfg/ strange aeons game when?

It's one of their best in the sense that, even with its utter disaster of an unfocused chassis, the main archetypes people use (Vivesectionist, Beastmorph, Grenadier, Preservationist) let you narrow it down to make it into whatever you want it to be. It's versatile and it's fun to mess with, and is one of those classes you could totally have an entire party of while each of them does something different. It's just that the class is handled so poorly that you'd probably be better off playing other classes so you do less work to get to a concept, like the Investigator.

I will admit that aside from the appeal of the Vivesectionist/Beastmorph combo, the ONLY THING keeping me so attached to the Alchemist is the fact that we're probably never going to get another archetype with a companion like the Promethean Alchemist's homunculus. This hurts me on a spiritual level like you would not believe.

Hey N. Jolly, you read that homebrew lizardfolk thing yet?

I'm free now, if you link it again I'll check it out.

>half orc inquisitor
does that make Imrijka the biggest in-universe bully?

My half-orc skald is pretty much that. Just pick up a Courageous weapon and begin a Raging Song. Take Fate's Favored and Sacred Tattoo for permanent +2 to saves, plus that huge Con and Will bonus to make them even higher. At level 14 I got +20 to both of those. Take Skald's Vigor to get fast healing equal to your Con/Strength bonus while doing Inspired Rage.

No, that would be the Mesmerist iconic.

i want imrijka to bully my dick.

>she mocks your dick in her thick Ustlalavian accent
>she then tops it off with a good ojou "Oooohohohohoho"

Yes.
>Our adventure is set in ustalav
>I'm an inquisitor
>I constantly regret not being a half orc
Now you've given me another reason to feel bad, I could have played imrijka.

My character couldn't intimidate a fly.
Sure he's fifteen feet tall, looks like he will grab you through an iron wall, and can even do so to prove his point...

But none of that matters when you're trying to sound threatening and don't even have it as a class skill.

I like to just give everyone the option of using STR or CHA for Intimidate, relying on their bulk or their personality respectively.

>D8 HD
>parent classes: /Barbarian/ and bard
Somethings fucky, here.
Fates favored and sacred tattoo is just delicious, though.
Got any things to up skalds not great reflex save?
and how's your maximum health at level 14?

Why is the witch spell list so garbage?

>Why does the witch spell list have so many social, utility, and crowd control effects that require me to think to use most of them?

Max health without Raging Song is 136, with it turned on it's 178. Seeing as how I have 50 rounds of Raging Song a day I almost never run out. My AC is 25 which is a little low but still helps. Unfortunately I got nothing on the Reflex save.

I think there should be more modifiers involved. Its not like CHA based intimidation can't work... but even that could use some.

>Target is currently impaired
>Target is currently helpless
>User or user's group removed more than 50% of Target's HP (unless damage was inflicted by groupmember which target has reason to believe is well and properly gone from the area)
>User is demonstrably capable of carrying out threats (armed, has loved ones at mercy, has already successfully carried out some 'or else', etc)
>User mental state appears significantly more unhinged than in previous checks
>User significantly less threatening than in previous checks (penalty)
>User has been severely wounded by - or has failed against - the target already

Like, how are there no fucking examples of circumstances? what the fuck is +2 for being a half-orc compared to "wait what's this in my colleague's hat? ABRACADABRA, IT'S YOUR FUCKING BABY YOU THOUGHT YOU'D HIDE FROM US AND WE PICKED UP!"

It isn't garbage. It's just not a battlefield caster's list.

The Wizard and Cleric lists are extremely battlefield-centric. I would generally rather have a Wizard supporting my soldiers than a Witch, because they simply have a wider variety of spells suited to incapacitating large numbers of enemies for cleanup. Similarly, Clerics have a large number of group support spells that Witches don't - Prayer, for example, or even just Bless - that could give my troops an advantage, or even the field.

Oh, no, I'm saying I let players pick between which one they want to use. There's no reason in my mind why someone can't be physically intimidating or mentally intimidating.

>summoning spells
>Lightning Bolt
>BLACK TENTACLES
>Witch has no combat presence.

The point is that Wizard has all of those things, but also more.