>mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/25-02-16-taking-turns/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Twin unban when?

>Elves no longer tier 2
RiP
>Wins an SCG Invitational beating a Jund deck
O-oh really? Just goes to show you can't keep a good meta deck down.

The other thread is shit or something so I'll post this here
Trying to build a human/soldier tribal aggro deck. It's based on an old kitchen table deck that, over time, wound up just being a lot of fun and really good with changes. It revolves around creating tokens, slapping auras and weapons on them, building up Champion of the Parish, and a lot of other shit.

Right now it's R/W, but I'm wondering if G/W would be better for this. I'm torn.

Tl;dr R/W or G/W for human soldier tribal

Why not make it R/W/G?

I'm already having a hard time figuring out what should go in the deck with only two colors.

Hey Faggots,
My name is Jon, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, retarded casuals who spend every second of their day making terrible decks. You are everything bad in magic. Honestly, have any of you ever been to a Pro Tour? I mean, I guess it’s fun making your own shit decks, but you all take it to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to pictures of Elspeth.
Don’t be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I’m pretty much perfect. I was world champion, and have several pro tours under my belt. What accomplishments do you have, other than “I once won a game of EDH”? I also have my own card, and have a banging hot girlfriend (She just blew me; Shit was SO cash). You are all faggots who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.
Pic Related: It’s me and my bitch

The Pros are experimenting with Junk and Jund Delirium lists running Grim Flayer so i'll ask a question.
What is his Lore significance?
Is the art suggesting he's hunting the men that have killed women (judging by the woman's glove he's grasping) to flay them for answers/torture? His shawl is consists of many of these gloves, possibly wearing them as he avenges them. Is he the ultimate white knight in Golgari colors?

user...

>Champion of the Parish
Champion is gonna be pretty bad in Modern. You have to start early game with it, it'll die to Bolt most of the time and PtE or Abrupt Decay all of the time. Topdecking one lategame will probably get you killed. A creature you have to spend multiple turns building into a worthwhile creature won't work out in a format as fast or removal heavy as Modern.

Most of the time, it's going to be worse than just Wild Nacatl.

Ignoring the hilarious misconception, I did see begguchii do well with a jund delirum brew and liliana the last hope did some crazy work, can jund delirium make itself an viable alternate jund build?

I don't know about Flayer, but new lili seems like a must play 1 of in all builds just because of her +1.

So about splendid valakut...

It's ok. Unless dredge gets banned and people stop packing graveyard hate it's probably not worth playing over regular scapeshift, but it's playable now if you really want.

Only real question is what's the sideboard plan? Opponent will bring graveyard hate, blood moon, or both. The gameplan must switch to something completely different to all in on or pack enough artifact & enchant hate to power through. Deceiver exarch, kiki, summon pact, pulse of murasa is an idea. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean eldritch evolution

For some reason I keep thinking Last Hope is 2BB.

So finally gave in and am gonna play CoCo till it rotates from standard, but it also means I can start playing modern. Any opinions on a good mono green stompy? Just trying to start with a mild budget. Also would elves be a better decision? I can't imagine them costing too much.

I love how the only combo deck capable of top 8 at the moment is basically just ramping into Valakut.

coco aint a stompy type card,infect is far more stompy

>Elves
Pretty much all the money in the deck is going into Cavern of Souls, Horizon Canopy and Collected Company, and you can get away with not using Canopies if you're budget.

Most things like to count Infect and Dredge as Combo.

dredge I can understand, but casting pump spells on creatures is not even close to combo.

how can living end be tier 2 in this meta?

>Living End vs Dredge
>They cast Living End
>Dredge ends up with better creatures

Like pottery

Most people are using Grafdigger's Cage as their graveyard hate of choice right now because it also hits Company/Chord/Evolution, and Cage does absolutely nothing to Living End.

>a must play
What the fuck are you on? She is dead in so many MU's.

Yeah, but now you don't completely fucked g1 in a lot of your bad matches.

Know what my favourite delirium creature is? That 2 mana green one that gets bigger for card types in the yard. But not just your yard, your opponent's too!

Remember to buy your Sword of the Meeks before Kaladesh spoilers come in

>12 threats that do nothing without protection and pump spells.dec is not combo
It sure as shit isn't tempo nor aggro.

Affinity's picture should be Etched Champion in the current meta desu.

It sure as fuck is aggro. You won't win a game with just goblin guide either, but having goblin guide and burn in your deck doesn't make it a combo either.

He's a lovable little cunt but people like to shift the numbers around between him and Master of Etherium. Too many decklists aren't using a 4x, so he's not as much a guaranteed face card as Ravager.

>Etched champion when Bant-drazi is around

Ravager is the eternal posterboy of affinity

Burn/generic aggro can with any combination of cards that have numbers on them, that's the point, Infect does nothing if its creatures are removed or never drawn.

as does any aggro deck. Decks of only creatures and land lose if they have no threats.

Champion swings through manadorks with Plating after retardzi swings at you with TKS and Smashers and wins games vs bolts and paths just by existing.

Champion doesn't swing through anything because only a retard would let their opponent have the option of KILLING THEM.

If the Eldrazi don't swing in then Affinity wins by default with manlands and Ornithopter/Signal Best.

There are a lot of people running 2x Champion, 2x Master right now. He's very good, but he's not the card that comes to mind to signify the deck.

Anything we can do to make this an easier to cast Hymn in modern?

Would a graveyard-based Jund shell be good enough?
Grim Flayer, maybe that new Dryad, Goyf.

A big part of the power of Hymn is being able to fuck up your opponent's opening hand. The chance you're going to be able to use Whispers turn 2 is pretty fucking low, so the mana cost isn't functionally as low as it seems.

I'm aware that the main strength of Hymn comes off it being cast on Turn 2, but a Turn 3 or 4 Hymn is still pretty good, especially if you have leftover mana fot a traverse / bolt.

Just run mind rot with mana dorks

T2 Hymn can rip all land from their hand. Like, do not compare that to Mind Rot.

What's more than than playing Magic?

Getting to play Twice as much Magic as your opponent!
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/25-02-16-taking-turns/

shitwincon.dec

You'd be surprised. Not the same user, but Champion has gotten underestimated every single time I play my Norin sisters deck on MODO. They always wait until it'seems like a 4/4 to path it or the last possible second to bolt it, and it's done 5-6 damage in that time frame.
Also
>Dies to removal argument

Your sideboard looks pretty crap.

If Twin is unbanned, and deceiver exarch is banned, would twin be as far reaching as it was pre-ban?

I'm missing a few cards for Dredge (have all the dredgers + Bloodghasts though) so I'm thinking of what else I can add out of my collection for a small tourney Friday night.

I may try to slow things down a bit and throw in 2 Unburial Rites + Iona + Terastodon.

Also is there any deck that a sideboard plan of x1 Academy Ruins + 2x Engineered Explosives would be good against? It's pretty slow, but Loam guarantees it comes online out of the 'yard.

What's more fun than playing Magic*
Path to Exile and Vapor snag are potentially major set backs, but I usually tap my opponent out before comboing off, so it never happens much.
Depends what you're playing against.
The biggest question in my opinion is the 4 Spell snares mainboard. They secure game 1 against some match ups, and are useless in a handful of other match ups - but these other matchups are typically more winnable on their own.

What cards specifically are you missing?

Engineered Explosives is a good sideboard card on it's own. If you draw it you can probably buy yourself a good amount of time, if you dredge it it might be a bit slow to save you. What are you missing seems like an important factor?

Going from most lists, the Gargadons, Shriekhorns (this card looks awful), Prized Amalgams, Insolent Neonates, and Collective Brutality.

I'll find an alternative discard + draw outlet for the Neonates but idk what to do with the other 7-9 slots. Amalgams are probably important, I might cut the Bridges without them.

Prized Amalgams is the most impact of those, limits your ability to deal with a nacatl or kird ape. Bridge without gargadon is pretty shit.

So without them I should be worried about throwing down against fast creature decks?
That is helpful to know, I guess I'll try a maindeck Darkblast or two.

Amalgams & Neonates are pretty big imo. Neonate is another discard spell for a big dredger like Grave-Troll or Stinkweed, while Amalgams are insane defense against aggro and offense against anything durdly.

It'd switch to RUG and play that dude from Origins.

Not only does that switch make it so you can't tap your opponent's lands, it's three toughness, so it dies to a lot more than each would.

>he's hunting the men that have killed women
White knight much?
He's clearly an MTG version of Ed Gein: just a crazy guy who lives in the woods and attacks passing chaises and such, grimly flaying the women alive thereafter.

Never said it would be as good as it was.

Should I bring a memedeck to FNM with 4 of Sundial the Infinite mainboard?

Was thinking of doing Geist of St. Traft, Flickerwisp, and Ideas Unbound for synergy

How the fuck do I update Xmage? Am I missing something extremely obvious?

Oh my god Eldrazi Displacer, Flickerwisp, and this.

YOu have to open it through the Launcher, where you can choose to update it.

Add tezzerat to find it

Sounds pretty fun.
Don't let all the tryhards in /mtg/ tell you what to do.

You don't understand how eldrazi displacer works.

It bounces your Flickerwisp, which bounces your opponent's shit, which Sundial removes forever.

Oh shit, found it. I extracted the folder in a really stupid place and am now just finding the launcher.

Thanks.

I've thought of this synergy, and am considering it if I choose to do a value based deck as a plan B, so I'd run Wall of Omens/Lone Missionary as blink targets and MAYBE Shriekmaw

What about Strangler & Tezzeret? Esper memes

Is there a vendor that has more than 200 caps?

I miss the gun runner's little robot vendor and the medicine stick ;_;

Is there some way I can go to learn to play Zooicide better? I feel I'm really bad at it.

I played my friend's grixis delver deck and it felt like I just lost to every removal he had. Like, worse than infect does.

Why don't people use this more?

Because it's a 3 mana 3/3 whose protection doesn't cover Lightning Bolt and Path to Exile.

Because it's a 3/3 for 3 (two of which has to be green), that still dies to bolt and path.

G I T G U D

I have 3 of them in my sideboard.

Because it's a 3cmc creature that doesn't do anything. Also dies to Bolt and Path.

Pic related. Nobody plays her for the same reason.

Learn the match-up. If you don't go to any big events and only stick around kitchen table/fnm, play cards that beat Grixis Delver in your mb/sb.

Hey man, I'm trying. I literally asked how to get good with the deck

use the free +2/+2 so save swiftspears and nacatls from bolts. use apostles blessing to save from terminate. he should be dead by turn 3 desu. if not drop death's and hope he doesnt have another removal

I'd get decimated by zoo, but against most control decks it would do fairly well, can only recommend it as a sideboard.

Just use witchstalker, and if you're afraid of creatures being countered use something like autumn's veil or leyline of lifeforce.

Play it. Learn the matchups. Find out what cards to play and when to play them on a curve. Learn when to mully. Can't spoofeed you user. Just gotta learn on your own

Build it as UW Tezzerator.

Are there any crazy combos with this guy yet?

You can scoop at EOT after you play inverter of truth. Its a pretty easy for your opponent to see it coming though.

I guess if you run him in a B/R you can drop him after you use a lot of your cheap damage spells and hand disruption so you can use them again.

lab maniac + etb draw card trigger + 0 cards in graveyard?

twoo did something like that. it shelldock'd lab man then used relic of progenitus to win.

>Dies to removal argument

Yes, the dies to removal argument. It is actually relevant that a card "dies to removal" when it cannot typically do anything significant before it is removed. Comparatively a Wild Nacatl is pretty much guaranteed to swing for 3 the turn after it's played, making it fast acting enough to risk being removed. This is where the comparison is actually notable.

Burn should drop the white and always run Nacatl. SPOILER ALERT

If this card let you put the cards in your graveyard into your library in any order, that would actually make it interesting.

So you're advocating a 2/2 nacatl or running white land yet not boros charm?

That with a 6/6 body at 4 would make it extremely insane.

I think it would just make it playable. It's still pretty all in and doesn't win the game on the spot.