Mage Guild

Hear ye, hear ye, I call to order another meeting of the Mage Guild.

On the agenda for today: turn to the Guild Charter, page 357, subpage 19, paragraph 4, subparagraph 32. I quote: "All Members of the Guild of Arcanery shall at All Times Official carry either a Staff of a length between Four and Seven feet or a Dagger of less than One foot. All other Weapons are either of a vulgar Warrior mentality or unbefitting of a Mage." Now, this was written in the days before we allowed those newfangled multiclass people into the guild. You all know my position on why they're barely better than fighters and should be excised like the unintelligent blight they are, but since we have to live with them, they're demanding we rewrite the rules to allow any weapons. Opinions?

There are dozens of rules that need to be updated or dumped and you know it.

You can't just start up these thread on your own, friendo. We have a steam group. Join it if you want to keep up to date with the Mage's Guild.

Archwizard Antruthius, Mage of the Ninth Order, my opinions are as well known as always. Such blades as theirs are more versatile than our weaponry. Surely, it would be a shame to have such a great font of knowledge as a wizard be lost because of some petty restrictions.

Eh. Who cares. Don't be a fag. Unless he starts shitposting let him have fun or even join in.

*threads
Holy tit-bags I can't type tonight.

>implying i wasn't always a fag
YOU CAN'T STOP ME, SPOODS
NO ONE CAN STOP ME!
MWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA

Christ, stay in the archives if you want but we don't need a union.

I'm going to address the elephant in the room:
These threads don't need structure. They never have. I remember them being around long before there was ever a Steam group or even any focus on the archives. Hell, I remember having to submit and vote on archiving the threads.

Don't come in here with your "holier than thou" when the thread is really just a bunch of nonsense that people find enjoyable, and has become a Veeky Forums staple as a result.

what is the mage guild and may I have a copy of the charter if it actually exists?

I carry around a knife or two, but only as tools.

If they really want other weapons allowed into the curriculum, why not start offering some trial classes that specialize in animating and manipulating weapons? That way we can confine it all to one place while we gauge the results.

Quite simply, old boy, we declare war on the blacksmithing guild!

SILENCE CAT LADY! DA RULES ARE PERFECT!

Who said that? Speak up you little shit I can hardly hear you!
it's Roleplaying and i don't think there is a charter though i could be wrong

This is basically a loose roleplay thread. Typically what happens is that the OP is a prompt that "guild members," particularly those who are in high standing or are professors of some kind, weigh in on. It then usually devolves into madness of some kind because putting a bunch of arcane mages in one place together can't possibly be a good idea, meaning that there can't ever be only one problem happening at a time.

Does this rule cover any natural weapons or by extension any weapons that are part of the biology of the caster, or are those covered in a different section of the charter? I have multiple daggers on my person and tons of scalpels of different materials for my work, but they can also function as holdouts should I be unable to properly cast.

Antruthius, before I make known the current agendas that need to be discussed for this meeting, I must ask what brought about this need to enforce this particular policy. Was it due to the fact that there are a lot more physical altercations between members and students using such weapons to settle arguments with each other, or is it mainly the fact that you do not like them? If the former, then yes, it is worrying that the students and members are resorting to such lethal methods to win arguments, and to solve that problem we should put more money into public speaking and verbal debate classes, and to have rules and guidelines into the carry and use of such weapons aside from banning them. The Necromancy department of the guild was a bit shaken up when they discovered the body of a fellow magic-user, who was using a Warhammer to preach about including the inclusion of Divine Magic into our curriculum, was donated for a class dissection and reanimation. I also posit that we should focus on whoever was responsible for donating the body unethically.

, while you do raise a good point that enforcing the policy Antruthius pushes for would alienate quite a few members, I would side with him on this if he is talking about the increase of assaults. If it's because of his distain for swords and somesuch, I will side with you.

Oh, and Spiderman, don't pay any attention to that Galm fellow. He gets worse after this so-called "Steam Sales".

Now, back to the agendas I wish to bring to the table.

1) I have noticed that alcoholic beverages have been seen in the guild halls and the student campuses. We all remember that accident in the Pyromancy School 20 years ago, and that it all started because their students got drunk at a party and thought that setting Cryptozoologist Mulder's robes on fire would be a funny prank, so it worries me that such beverages are accessible to the guild again. History tells us that wizards and beer don't mix.

I caught some of the grad students in one of the laboratories attempting to start brewing recently, but as you can imagine, the grad students like to push the envelope a little too far in seeking recognition.

I already had to clean that mess up, and I promise you that it isn't coming from the labs. The source must be coming from somewhere else.

2) I would also like to address the stance it has taken on with Climate Change and our guild's high carbon rating. I'm sorry to get all political in here, but the Druidic Enclave does come to our guild to host lessons on magical beasts and the Fey, and it would do this guild a disservice if these magical beasts became endangered, or heaven forbid extinct, because of this. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to reduce our carbon footprint?

3) The guild's "O-Week" has come and gone again, but unfortunately the dropouts that are to be expected after this has been higher than last year. Almost twice the number of last year to be exact. It may be a one-off thing and could be the worrying of an old lich, but could we hold a survey or do some research into this particular phenomena? It would not bode well for this guild if this becomes a thing and the numbers start dropping steadily.

As per your interest in reducing the carbon footprint, I would make the point that alchemy and related sciences tends to have some run-off. Unfortunately, emissions are not something that can easily be cut back on. I have heard suggestions on "sending it elsewhere," but no one seems to have a good idea of where to.

Hmm, outside influence perhaps, or maybe alcohol is coming in via other magical means?

Thank you for informing us of this Mr. Flamel, now the question is how do we deal with this problem without causing a reactionary increase of beer consumption.

The emissions coming from Alchemical Studies has been taken into account, which means that other departments are also responsible for this. My department is trialling the use of carrion beetles in secure environments in order to reduce our level of waste. So far it is working well but there are a few kinks that need to be worked out.

Does anyone have any agendas or concerns that they would like to make known to the meeting, Carliflex, Lo'kron, Talo, Spiderman, or anyone I have missed?

What? Wait you mean I've been breaking the rules without knowing it?
WAIT HALF THE MAGES HAVE SWORDS AND STUFF! This isn't fair! nobody is following that rule at all!

>Rides in on his leaping steed from a split second portal of sparking orange and glowing green
My sight has brought me to this land from far away to uncover secrets untold.
Where do I find myself?

You're in a Mage's Guild meeting.

Now I have a question for you! Do you have any ale or beer on you and how much is there?

>The steed rears it's front legs at your sight
Woah!
Mages? Pray tell what a mage is.
And you must forgive me for I have no ale or drink to parch one's thirst, goularshk.

I'm no druid, but there's a disturbing amount of magical beasts nearing extinction and that limits my capability to study and sample their genetic material for replication. If I could kindly ask Professor Flamel to tell his students that they can come to me with requests for specialized animal parts for use as ingredients and I will replicate them, magical properties and all , for the right price. Any catching of any magical beast will cost extra, and will have mandatory participation in the excursion. I started my fleshwarping journey on the average salamander, now it's hard to find due to the tail being so damn needed for certain potions. Think of the next generations of fleshwarpers for fucks sake.

Multiclasses should be forced to wear pink robes!