Stat me, Veeky Forums

Stat me, Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SeXziQZ5duw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Woah hey he has an extra eye on his head/10

Spent way too much time working chest back and arms/10

Totallynotaloliconforchiaotzu/10

What stat would a Ki attack even be tied to, Monks use Ki but it's usually run fast or hit hard not shoot off an explosion

He also uses his own life force when he decides to Tri Beam a mofo

Most games base it off of either Con (or its equivalent) or Wis (or its equivalent) depending on the genre or type of monk. With DBZ, I'd probably base it on Con since they do more of the physical side rather than the spiritual side of things.

Well the 1-30 scale doesn't really work on DBZ characters and anything else would be kind of arbitrary since this guy probably hits harder than most d&d Gods but has no reality fuckery or magic

skipped leg day/10

Triangles = Squares / 10

Advanced Geometry / 10

strong enough to make a square out of a triangle/10

20th level Monk, 20th level sorcerer, 10th level Enlightened Fist, 10th level Abjurat Champion

I want this meme to die.
The Kikoho is not a triangle or a square, Its a damn RHOMBUS.
Dub kiddies go and stay go

youtube.com/watch?v=SeXziQZ5duw

What, as of that moment in DBZ? Okay, I'll give it a shot.

Hmm...think I need to change my Health mechanic.

Contemplative Wilder

TIENSHINHAN/10

Level 5 Technician/1 Tao.

Damn this is more effort than you often find in a "stat me" thread
Consider yourself lucky, OP

Well, it was also a chance for me to build a character with the DBZRPG I'm working on in my spare time.

It's d10 based. And heavily derived from nWoD, of all things. Though like I said, I think I need to change the Health mechanic to give more Health.

>6th level in Anima
>Able to blow up planets
Sorry, but no, Anima is pretty high powered, but you need some more levels in there

Tien isn't able to, that's why he's 6th level.

>Vegeta blew up a planet easily before going to Earth
>Vegeta was beaten by one of the Ginyu Tokusentai
>Tien beat the shit out of the same dude easily
I guess you're wrong.
Also lets not forget Jackie Chung blew up the moon and Tien is several orders of magnitud stronger and more powerful than Mutenroshi

Fine. 5/5, Tech/Tao.

Dude, Master Roshi has been able to do it since Dragon Ball, and Piccolo was able to do it while training Gohan. Well, the moon, anyway, but there isn't much practical difference between vaporizing the Moon an vaporizing a planet. Besides which, Tien *must* be at least as strong as Fireza's 1st form (since he was at or around 19's and 20's power level, who are around Piccolo fused with Nail level, who is stronger than Frieza's 1st form), and Frieza was able to blow up planets on a whim despite his first form representing less than half a percent of his total power.

Tien is certainly stronger than Roshi, and certainly stronger than Piccolo during Gohan's training with him, meaning he should be able to accomplish similar feats.

Don't you make me watch DBZA again

In fairness, Tien taking on the Ginyus was filler. Having said that, the moon-destruction thing isn't.

Got more? Frieza? Goku? Cell? Buu? Vegeta? etc

>power level used as an actual stat
I don't know how to feel about this. I want to complain about how attaching numerical values to fighting ability was consistently proved to be a mistake in the series... but this is an RPG.

I liked it when it was taken ironically serious with the famous scouters, and then Goku shit all over that making "powerlevel" a moot term...then the manga and fans kept using and taking it unironically serious and that's what I didn't like

Actually it's just derived from your stats, but has no purpose except when someone uses Sense Energy on you, which lets them know if it is higher, lower, or equal to theirs. On a Critical, or if they have a Scouter, then they instead learn the exact numerical value. However there is a Suppress Energy technique and a Suppressed Form transformation that can hide it.

However I don't recall any time in the anime when Tien was said to be hiding his full power level, so I didn't give him it.

>attaching numerical values to fighting ability was consistently proved to be a mistake in the series

Only sort of. There is no instance in DBZ of a character with a known lower power level defeating a character with a known higher power level. The issue, however, came from the fact that the PTO depended on Scouters and mostly wasn't aware of the concept of hiding power levels.

No, although I do have some write-ups for generic characters. Hang on...

All humans can hide their full power level. That was explicity said by Vegeta and Nappa.

Whoops, noticed a typo. The Saiyan Great Ape should be Tier 3 and have Actions/Reactions of 3/1, not 2/1.

These don't mean anything to you guys, of course, but that's what they should be.

They kind of wanted it both ways, I guess. They wanted to use the big numbers to indicate that shit just got real, but at the same time lower PL characters beat high PL characters. Other series without scouters do the same thing. Stating "I'm ten times stronger than you!" is a lot easier than demonstrating it visually.

I like to imagine power levels like flexing. Sure, you look impressive, but you aren't actually demonstrating your ability to fight, just your ability to waste energy. The forms that Goku and Gohan walked out of the time chamber in probably had low power levels for being more energy efficient, but were better for fighting than the wall-o-beef forms Trunks and Vegeta used.

But really, it's all just ways to convey that a person is stronger. These things all work on narrative rules, and the justification comes later. Any explanation that suggests anything other than Goku turning up and just barely saving the day is empirically wrong.

>There is no instance in DBZ of a character with a known lower power level defeating a character with a known higher power level.

Piccolo vs Raditz.
Everyone vs Oozaru Vegeta
Guldo vs Krillin and Gohan (if Vegeta hadn't stepped in), although that's more to do with magic being its own thing.
Ginyu vs Goku, sort of, see the above point about magic.
And then the last scouter in the series exploded while Frieza was grappling Vegeta.

Given the sketchy way that scouters work and power level hiding tends to be assumed by everyone, that feels like a dubious proposition regardless. You can argue that the winning character's TRUE power level was stronger, but that starts to feel like a variant on the No True Scotsman fallacy.

Ah, you're right. Well, I did make it in 5 minutes off the top of my head.

Actually, there was one last scouter based PL read against Trunks from Mecha Frieza's henchman. It came up as a 5.
>"Oh but of course he was hiding his power level!"
Thank you, greentext strawman, but of course he wasn't. Why would he? He's standing in front of the enemy group, allowing them to see him, so he wasn't hiding. He was trying to intimidate them into leaving the planet, so he wasn't trying to look weak. He had no reason to be hiding his power level at all. The only reason to assume that he was is to defend the idea that power levels mean anything.

They really don't.

>Piccolo vs Raditz.

Not a solo fight, took pretty much all of Piccolo's energy, and Goku was holding Radtiz in place so that Raditz had no way to defend himself. Except fly, which he didn't do for some reason. Even then the manga and anime both note that the incoming makansuffulugus beam is of a higher power level than Raditz himself (1,330 verses Raditz's 1,200).

>Everyone vs Oozaru Vegeta

Not a solo fight, and Great Apes have a glaring weakness that Yajirobi exploited. Without hitting that tail, Vegeta was winning the fight with only minimal effort.

>Guldo vs Krillin and Gohan

Guldo's power level is never stated canonically (I did say "known" power level), but various semi-canon or video game sources sources peg him at between 11,000 to 19,000, which would still put him ahead of Gohan and Krillin, who were merely "over 10,000".

>Ginyu vs Goku
Ginyu took advantage of a unique ability he had that Goku had no way to predict or defend against. The stated power level of Ginyu's 125,000 verses Goku's 180,000 left Ginyu certain he'd lose a straight up fight.

>who were merely "over 10,000".
That merely over 10.000 made Freezer shit his pants for a couple of seconds...twice. Last time freezer was over a 100 millions.

I mean, if you were as powerful as Trunks is, and you hadn't met with these people who are supposedly legendary defenders of the planet, not suppressing your power level after you came out of nowhere would probably draw the kind of attention that you don't want.
On the other hand, if you lay low until you can prove yourself directly to them, then things are more likely to end well.

And yet at the same time neither of them were any match for Recoome even after Recoome had been fighting with Vegeta for some time.

Earthling power level seems to fluctuate wildly, for no discernible reason. But Scouters wouldn't have been adopted by the Planet Trade Organization if they weren't generally reliable, and the fact is that we have many more examples of power levels accurately reflecting a given fight than we do of power levels failing to do so.

>There is no instance in DBZ of a character with a known lower power level defeating a character with a known higher power level.
Gohan vs Cell
Gohan was seriously hurt and Cell was in super perfect form and well above Gohan's current level yet he won.

The earthlings were like the only ones who ever did cool shit with ki. Krillin created the Destructo Disk, and that's like the coolest attack in the series. He and Tien should have teamed up and developed some super ki move.

What retarded said that? Kid Goku beat King Piccolo

and goku's beaten a ton of people with the spirit bomb

except for yamcha

What are you talking about? His spirit ball is pretty sweet.

Forgot about that, pretty sure that has never won him a battle though

Yamcha had a guided missile ki blast, cool idea, bad execution because his powerlevel sucks.

>tfw you realize he can blow up planets and stuff
Oh man the powercreep

>Yamcha and Krillin never combine the Spirit Ball and the Destructo Disk into one move and completely annihilate someone with it

He did fuck up Goku with his Wolf Fang Fist at some point. Either way that that doesn't really mean anything since no Earthling has ever been able to do shit since Z.

-11hp

That's just because we haven't seen Uub in Super

Wait, is this an official actual DBZ tabletop RP? Or a homebrew thing of your own?

Homebrew; heavily based on a simplified version of the new World of Darkness.

*Known power level*. Can you people even read? Only a little? Fine, let me clarify: there is no instance in Dragon Ball Z where a character with a stated power level defeats someone with a stated higher power level, excepting in instances where they were able to remove power level from the equation entirely or boost their power level in some way, or otherwise received outside help.

And Daizenshuu 7, which is the closest we'll come to an official statement on their power levels (since none exist in the manga but the Daizenshuus was officially licensed and approved by Toriyama) pegs both Kid Goku and King Piccolo at a Power Level of 260.

His canoninity is arguable.

If you need ideas for a d10 DBZ RPG, feel free to take a look at the one I made a while back. I've been taking time off because I got burned out on it, but if you can get some inspiration from it then more power to you man.

Also the math in the back for Ki attacks is off, so if you come up with different numbers then don't panic. You're probably right. I'm an English major and don't know how numbers work.

Fuck, meant to quote this post. My bad.

Six sticks of Bubblegum.