When was the last time your party fought a giant?

When was the last time your party fought a giant?

Or conversely, when did you last fight miniature people?

I fight miniature people and destroy them all the time. It's hardly worth mentioning.

Veeky Forums?

Next session. Well, less of a gaint and more of an so-far unstoppable kraken with the body shaped like a human head, eyes and mouth included and fully functional at killing and terrifying anyone that comes nearby.

When will they learn?

Never on either account
Both sound fun as long as there's some gimic or something

>If I phrase it like a question, they'll fall for my giantess fetish thread.

I mean OP seems to know basic essay writing atleast.

and dont tell me Veeky Forums is gonna start turning down a good giantess thread?

Not when they can shitpost about anime or Warhammer

How would you mechanically handle combat between massive size differences Veeky Forums?

Megadamage muthafucker

Increase the hit location table to account for a greater chance of hitting the legs and lower torso rather than the arms, chest or head.

I'd hit that head

I've never done anything like that but if I did it'd depend on what style combat you're going for
By default (and running 3.5/PF) I'd probably keep things normal for the PCs but adjust the rules a bit for what they're fighting
I am a huge fan of heroic fantasy so most attacks by larger opponents probably wouldn't be one hit kills but I probably would give them some sort of Save or die/BAD THINGS attack(s) depending on what exactly they're fighting, such attacks could range from stomping/body slams, breath weapon, swallow whole, ect)
Most would probably require the opponent to catch them though
Most misses/passed saves would be fluffed as getting out of the way (attacks may still have knock backs even if they miss come to think of it)
I'd also let them make called shots when applicable and give the larger opponent's body parts their own HP (taken out of the opponent's total HP), "killing" whatever would limit their use of it

For smaller targets I'd use swarms to represent large masses and have tons of environmental and debuff effects the smaller opponent can do
If they get too close the PC possibly include a risk of hitting said PC if an attack against them misses (to represent them climbing the PC)

I'm a session into a game where the party includes a giant, but their giant-ness hasn't come up much yet. (Aside from having to install appropriately sized quarters for the rest of the crew in their ship)

Using Eclipse Phase because it's vague enough to handle really big stuff anyway, since whales and small spacecraft are viable characters to begin with. Just applied a blanket multiplier to damage to/from extra-large sources.

Pic setting related.

I don't know if fight is the right word, but a few weeks ago my WFRP party survived a Chaos Giant.

It's not a giant fight without vore

About three adventures out, they will face a pack of (about 6-8) Giant Trolls.

You know those giant trolls that are the large plastic painted D&D models they used to sell? There are like four different ones, I got a couple of each. Going to bring them out.

Man, I kinda miss D&D minis. I woulda been way more into it if it weren't for the random blisters thing. Shit only works for cards guys. $15-$20 a unit is pricey to get random stuff you may not want.

I use them for the main battle, bring out a map, etc. Most fights are just theater of the mind though.

For me, I bought most of mind about a year before 5e came out. I had just gotten back from Iraq and had a bunch of cash. I bought hundreds of miniatures for less than 25 cents.

Most everything was real cheap.

After 5e came out that all changed. Now the 'cheap' stuff is like three dollars. Really wish I had spent more, or at least more intelligently, back before the price went up so much.

Space game we fought a giant robot.

Had our giant robot run in and punch a hole in it big enough for the party to climb inside. Giant robot fights weren't really a thing in-setting, since giant robots were typically used as mobile artillery platforms. We basically had the only giant robot designed specifically to fight other giant robots, which it turned out to be good at since it was rare other robots could deal with close quarters combat, given they were designed to be shooting heavy ordinance at things up to 10 miles away.

So we basically went in and fucked up the insides. Not quite as simple since they DID have defenses for being invaded, but the way we did it caught them off-guard. Once we trashed the core, the robot was out of commission and our robot just shoved it over onto the enemy army that was nearby.

Yeah, I mean the original MSRP myself. I know you can still get some of the older ones for dirt if you look in the right places. (A local comics shop that used to be an LGS has literal buckets still in the back for quarters apiece yet.

Mostly just subsist on Roll20 and shipping label+cardboard box printed counters nowadays.

Also more relevant art. I think using this to signal my presence in giant threads has become some sorta tradition.

The last thing my players fought on this scale was a massive stone golem. It's attacks each had a special "splash damage zone" based on the shape/ type of attack (slap was an open hand, so splash damage accounted for fingers, etc. I had cut outs so I could show them what area got hit on the board). It also had crystals on its body that gave DR and increased its armor class. They had to scale the body to hit them and make the creature damageable and then slowly hack it to pieces. Some were located on its feet, so they had to work together to lift the limb and someone had to slide under to attack it.

There's another monster coming up of that scale, and I'm working on the mechanics for that. Probably something along the lines of when they hack off a sizable part of a its body, that becomes another separate monster.

That's amazing and I'm going to file it away for later stealing.

I like the design of that robot.

>giantess
>good
Kek

It's just the overwatch turret dude

So piping in here a bit. One of the biggest problems I have planning for a mixed-scale party like this is keeping adventures relevant. Dungeons/ruins/wrecks are hard when one member may not fit. Challenges for the smaller folks might be trivial for the larger or vice versa.

In combat, I sorta imagine it'd be like working with armor, with the regular sized characters needing to screen the giant from sneaky dudes with rockets or AT rifles, etc.

Thoughts on the conundrum?

bump for giant ladies

Eh, in that case I'd prefer to err on the side of "standard" sized PCs + smaller ones, easyer to set up situations where the smaller one can stick with the normal sized PCs than for a larger one

You could have the small characters control vehicles and act as your support classes. A truck could carry much heavier ranged weapons than a giant, but it has no defensive ability if the giant gets in close.

Then you're just playing with a party of giants