GET OVER HERE AND STAT ME, Veeky Forums!

GET OVER HERE AND STAT ME, Veeky Forums!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ec0XKhAHR5I
youtube.com/watch?v=EbI0cMyyw_M
youtube.com/watch?v=vBecM3CQVD8
dmsguild.com/product/170778/Gunslinger-Martial-Archetype-for-Fighters
youtube.com/watch?v=4pkN8HzwiyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=cPRRupAM4DI
youtube.com/watch?v=IydZOlx2yrc
sonsofthestorm.com/report_soldier76.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Imtoooldforthis/10

Dead man walking.

Well, at least one of his class features is that everyone in his party counts as having the "Soldier" background.

Basic gun attack, explosive rocket attack, sprint, self-heal, can occasionally engage in superhumanly precise attacks.

Mercer gunslinger for the basic attack. Magic Initiate gives 1 lvl 1 spell and 2 cantrips, but we're in a bit of a pickle. The rules already let us move twice as far if we're taking no other actions, but we still need to cover his rockets, his heal, and his auto-shoot.

And at first glance, no one can cover all 3 since only 3 get a heal at that level and only bards get an attack boost and they don't get a nuke.

So let's double up. Bard give us Cure Wounds and True Strike and we'll take Message because good radio work is a gift.

Which means we still need a nuke. Fortunately, High Elves exist and get a free Cantrip. Fire Bolt is tempting but Eldritch Blast grows up to multiple bolts.

So High-Elf Gunslinger Fighter with Magic Initiate starting at lvl4.

But

If you truly want a lvl 1 build and/or you're sitting there thinking "Jack Morrison is not a fucking elf" you can sort of get around it by sacrificing Message. Go variant human, take Magic Initiate and take either Sorc or Wizard for the cantrips Fire Bolt and True Strike and the lvl 1 False Life.

So Variant Human Gunslinger with Magic Initiate will cover it, but not as well.

Two legal builds, neither great but you get a lot more translation errors switching between two different games than working from a narrative.

I'm pretty sure we just call that 'A street sam'. Heavy on the bio rather than the cyber to represent the supersoldier stuff.

About the only thing not easily replicated is his healing.

Winter Soldier/10

Well, in order to acurately emulate him as a level 1 character, we'd need more info on what he was like as a recruit, or possibly even pre-recruit. You certainly don't start out as Soldier-76.

Super soldier Morrison took part in some program

Some of Soldier 76's charms if he was a solar exalt:

>Accuracy Without Distance
>Trance of Unhesitating Speed
>Arrow Storm Technique

>this thread

Team Dad.

Vietnam war vet Dad/10
youtube.com/watch?v=ec0XKhAHR5I
youtube.com/watch?v=EbI0cMyyw_M
youtube.com/watch?v=vBecM3CQVD8

Those soda bottles never stood a chance.

>open up a statme thread
>it ain't me starts playing

Best Dad

How would tg stat pic elated?

>statting him as a PC
>not as friendly dad NPC
>not as BBEG

> wifemode Mercy

largemagicalbeast.copypasta

Constitution: 24

>Soldier 76 as BBEG

And how would that work, user?

Someone made a Gunslinger fighting style?

dmsguild.com/product/170778/Gunslinger-Martial-Archetype-for-Fighters

As a fucking tarrasque, that's how. I have no idea how this overpowered garbage made it into an otherwise polished game. The hook is just degenerate.

Once upon a time, the world was threatened by a legitimately, undeniably Evil force. Soldier 76 was just one of many brave young men who stood up and fought it.

But the Evil force was defeated long ago. Now Soldier 76 is an old veteran, struggling to find direction and purpose in a world with no more easy enemies.

So he's gone looking for some.

>For a while, this is honestly what I thought Soldier 76's backstory was going to be about

Someone went HOG WILD.

In a way, he is.

I mean, think about it. We have no evidence the street gang he fought in the Hero short was connected in any way to the conspiracy that brought down Overwatch, and he's (non-fatally) shot cops before.

He really IS just looking for a new fight, in a way.

The comics show that he's still looking into the Blackwatch conspiracy, but he's cleaning up crime as he goes. He's just more focused on punishing evil than saving the innocent.

think about the average group of runners and the activities they'll usually partake in

Not-captain america-turned-punisher would be a pretty spooky BBEG for them.

As soon as you realize he's looking at you SERPENTINE. When he misses his hook or if you know he just used it focus fire on his upper torso. He is a big target, you'll be hitting something.

Scrub.

>"THE RUN'S GONE BAD, CHUMMER, THE RUN'S GONE REAL BAD"
>"You don't get off THAT easy!"
>"SHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHIT"

The prime runner antagonist is the punisher. The first thing the PCs read about on Jack net is of a runner team strung up infront of a corporate office with the Johnson all of them with a bullet to the head.

SQUEAL PIGGY

>entire team piles into van
>pull away with screeching rubber
>slow build of relieved laughter
>clean getaway! Hurray!
>static on the comms
>then a brief window of clarity and those same fragging words
>*ksshgot you in my sighzzshht*
>pic

I really fucking love some of Overwatchs character designs

>Mcree
>S:76
>Roadhog/Junkrat
>Mercy
>Parah
>Ana

Then you got absolute shit ones like Dva,Symetra,and Zarya

I guess Zaryas personality outweighs her design since you would think

>oh buy let me make this gay thread about SJWs because of zaryas design
>shes actually the most racist of the cast.

There is nothing redeeming about D.vas and Symetras though

You forgot the best designed character of all, Zenyatta

worst robot

turretbot is only good robot

He's just discount android 16

Indeed.

>Not!IronGiant with a machinegun, a minigun turret mode, a self repair arm, a tank mode, Last of his model and potentially has robo-PTSD.
Yeah, pretty dope.

and that's awesome

dhalsimbot a shit

You talkin shit on my master?

But his animations are so smooth

>bastion
>good
I would be going off on you for that if it wasn't something Zenyatta wouldn't want.

Best take that back, son of a mother. I am disheartened.

10/10, would destroy that ass till nanobots couldn't put it together again

Soldier 76

Anyone else how Soldier-76 went from hyper-generic CoD Army Man to lovable Party Dad?

Like how D.va went from an average Asian slut to the gamer goblin we know and love.

No idea, but it's a good thing in my book.

ma nigga, zenny a best, A BEST

NO STATS, BUT HERE'S A MODEL.
WE'RE ALL SOLDIERS NOW

oh shit Infinity right?

Infinity conversion of Teucer, an NCO who snipes people with an automatic rocket gun using a tactical visor..

So, Teucer has you in his sights?

i can't help but feel D.va's whole design was basically just a parody of evangelion

Reaper is a good parody atleast

I think they meant for her to be an homage.

>No Reinhardt
>Best skins
>Best tank
>Best personality
>The embodiment of a space marine
>literally think he is fighting dragons sometimes

What Chapter would Reinhardt be from?
First thought is Imperial Fist because of the whole defense thing.

Gremlin D. Va is now canon.

youtube.com/watch?v=4pkN8HzwiyQ

Yeah IF fits. He has the defensive nature, the love of pain and the delusions.

FUN FACT

The voice actor for Mcree plays Overwatch and will occasionally say "It's High Noon" into the party voice chat to troll his team.

He mains bastion.

>YOU DONT GET OFF THAT EASY
fucking chills

>He's just more focused on punishing evil than saving the innocent.

Literally incorrect.

youtube.com/watch?v=cPRRupAM4DI

Fucking mercer

Seen it, did you?

Did you see how long it took him to decide to save her? He clearly thought she could handle getting blown up for a few seconds there.

>D.va's bedroom eyes

Blizzard is tapping into meme magic I'm not sure they fully comprehend, if they keep this up I might just have to buy Overwatch.

Those aren't bedroom eyes user. Those eyes say "please lest this end".

Normally I'd say get gud, but an instakill on 200 health characters that has enough range to hook snipers and (the most damning part) HAS A SIX SECOND COOLDOWN!? While it's a little overpowered keep in mind it's on a character with no mobility and a huge body - sure, his heal is good, but it's not going to help against focus fire or, say, a reaper in his face.

Also sorry for going on a tangent that is no way related to this thread.

I like how the concept of S:76 was some fucking idea you would see on Veeky Forums yet Metzen got lucky as fuck

See pic

She's Neon Pink Evangelion
youtube.com/watch?v=IydZOlx2yrc

>I guess old habits die hard
While it could be argued he was saying that to appear gruff, Soldier doesn't come off as someone trying to maintain appearances.

>lest

Goddamnit that's supposed to be let.

Soldier 76 is literally a recycled OC you know

Who can say no to precision German engineering?

But you forgot the best part.

CATCHPHRASE!

bastion is best waifu

I did not see that last panel coming. In hindsight, the title font should have tipped me off. Pretty great stuff.

No foolin', the first box I opened had that in it.

Why is Reinhardt drawn as Morgoth, the Satan of Middle-Earth?

God dammit why is Mercy so cute.

How did Blizzard not fuck this game up.

sonsofthestorm.com/report_soldier76.html

>Metzen is living the dream every writefag desires to be

>Not pictured: Morgoth crushed against a wall.

Because they rock at making good games and stereotypically cool stuff but balance it out by sucking cocks at storytelling
>The game is not canon

So since there is no story to tell, they can't really fuck anything up?

To be fair, Overwatch lore is actually really damn fun in that "the world has problems, but it's definitely an improvement over our own" way.

Omnics created global economic equality, that's basically the wet dream of the common man everywhere.

It's also the wet dream of /pol/, since it means Muslims and Africans have zero reasons to migrate in large numbers to the West.

its knock off GI Joe

Icons need to be refreshed every couple of generations to remain in the cultural memory, GI Joe is not immune to this.

Different skin, same concept.

The world in Overwatch is objectively awful.

Common street gangs and groups of thugs run almost unchecked, organized crime is implied to be rampant, a major international terrorist group composed almost exclusively of ex-black ops guys is acting to keep Omnic-human relations from ever progressing, there are rumblings of international conflict worldwide, and the only hope the world has is an organization of mercenaries, vigilantes, and washouts who have been disavowed and told they'd be arrested and tried if they ever got back together.

And even with them in play, shit's implied to be pretty bad.

Shit's bad, but it's presented optimistically.

And the level of bad varies depending on where you are.

Just saying.

That said, it absolutely reeks of an adventure-friendly environment.

Overwatch RPG when?

I've kind of tossed around the idea of using shadowrun to play a overwatch game.

If you took out most of the magic it would suit it perfectly, wouldn't it?

Sounds neat. You'd have to re-fluff all the magic, summons could be mechanical servants or hardlight constructs and other spells would need some kind of cybernetic component or weapons mod..