Money making skills

I come with a question for you, Veeky Forums.

Are you guys better at money making skills than Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

yobit.net/en/trade/LKC/BTC
poloniex.com/exchange#btc_xmr
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Obviously yes.
In the vast mindscape of our imagination, we rule like gods.
Not IRL though.

have you tried murdering criminals and taking their stuff?

What about truffle hunting?

We prove that if you make a game with mediocre rules, slightly above average quality minatures and decent fluff you can dominate a market despite incredibly poor management?

And that with a reasonably solid game design and an excellent business model you can get grown-ass men paying thousands of dollars for a few pieces of card?

Funny you should say that, no, not at all.

Growing up I thought I had a knack for making money, I was always mowing neighbors lawns and walking their dogs for spare cash.
When I was 17 I took out a huge student loan and decided to start a business with it.
The idea was simple. Comic books and dirty magazines are over priced here because of an import tax, so I would set up a publishing company and print them under licence, circumventing the tax and saving the customers €2 per issue.
Before it was even off the ground I was getting mad praise from local papers and tv stations, even appeared on Dragons Den.
I guess I was a victim of my own hype, it all came crashing down within a year.

Now I'm 26, still €40,000 in debt with no qualifications.

At first I didn't know if you were talking about GW or TSR/Wizards. But then I realize that description applies to both.

Looting is so profitable, I don't know why you would do anything else.

Its actually not. Sure the odd person makes off with a tv but most participants in a riot spend hours out on a dangerous street, risking injury and arrest only to get a box of wigs or a pile of toiletries. Even if you grab something valuable, who you going to sell it to? EVERYONE is trying to sell stolen gear the morning after a riot, its a flooded market, no profit to be made.

To put it another way, if I told you I wanted you to work outside in a shitty neighborhood for 3 to 6 hours and you're only pay would be a mystery box, would you take me up on the offer? Of course not, that shits stupid.
Now, shoplifting on the other hand,

>better at money making skills than Veeky Forums?
If they're nearly as bad at business as Veeky Forums is at traditional games, then yes, I think so.

Who said anything about stores?

Go find some old crypt, some forgotten tomb, or temple of dead god. That's where you get all the best loot.

If I win the powerball, maybe?
Wait, is blind luck and a willingness to ignore basic math out of sheer desperation considered a skill?

Meh, what should I buy with my inevitable fortune?

Spend it all on amulets of good luck, so you can win all the other powerballs/lotteries/sweepstakes/whatever.

Say that to my peasant railgun and not online and see what happens.

Why? Sounds like a decent idea. Gubmint bureaucrats stole your mojo or maybe you didn't realize how much cash money it cost to license shit?

Are you guys good at poker?

>doesn't know what looting means on Veeky Forums

You're supposed to post a picture of a bunny while asking about Ruby Quest.

What's the level Veeky Forums is at? Are they actually good at getting dough?

Only if you show me a dragon on a hoard.

A priori I would say theres is a higher chance Veeky Forums is better at makng money then Veeky Forums. It makes sense that a group about a specific subject will be better at said subject then a group not about it.

But then I remember I'm on Veeky Forums. Sometimes, a board might contain a few good experts on the subject but also contains a lot of of incompetants which drags the average down.

So my anwser would be, Veeky Forums most biz-savvy member will be better then Veeky Forums most biz-savvy member. I don't know about the average though.

Considering I'm not a NEET I'd say that puts me ahead of at least 90% of Veeky Forums

>Spend it all on amulets of good luck, so you can win all the other powerballs/lotteries/sweepstakes/whatever.
Sounds like a plan.
It can't possibly fail!

probably not, but Veeky Forums will have a HELL of a lot fewer psychopathic cutthroat sharks that will feed you bad advice just to short you. We'd be more honest and truthful and arguably have our heads on our shoulders moreso than the nuts at Veeky Forums.

Aren't half the people there just trying to scam the other half with get rich quick schemes?

It's like a mountain of gnomes.

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

i refuse to believe someone would indebt themselves with a risk investment with no immediate returns.

Securing licences proved to be expensive, plus publishing proved to be a dying industry so raising capital was impossible without exploitative interest rates, plus I was a 17 year old kid, so I was spending money on useless shit like office space when we could have run it all from my moms garage,

Invest in salt.

It's a growing market.

bumped

yobit.net/en/trade/LKC/BTC
poloniex.com/exchange#btc_xmr