Massive influx of women

>go on daily MTG today to see new promo
>Burning Vengeance with some cool new art
>start noticing all the other art on the site.
>literally all women

What's going on with this?

Bumping with examples. A from today.

The only male is a black elf.

>who are we?
>STRONK WOMENZ

(you)

Now skid off

They're coming from tumblr with the sole intent of taking our games from us. They hate men and penises. Also they're gross.

Womenz rul guise

Next set stars an Indian woman. Can't wait.

Can't wait for the white man antagonist to.

its the icky girls coming to steal our fun, OP

You joke, but this shit is blatant.

Personally whatever. Women are like 1% of the player base. But to have 90% of the art cater to them becuase its 2016 is kinda ridiculous.

Shit like this is why I laugh at anyone who says representation doesn't matter. If that's true, why do you get so upset when you're not being represented?

Representation totally matters anyone who says otherwise either truly dosnt care or is lying.

Wizards is aware of it. That's why the art direction is catering to women. All under the guise of "diversity"

different guy, it's just weird when there's such a blatant shift in subject matter compared to even 2-3 years ago

as long as the cards are fun I won't get up in arms but it is definitely noticeable

I wish more people here were like you. Such a sensible response that doesn't reek of irrational anger, or eorse, shitty memes.

Lol wut. Women on the cards are designed to sell to men. I like pretty girls on my cards. Look at weeb ccgs like Force of Will, you think they try to appeal to women too?

>Women are like 1% of the player base.
Actually, something like 36%, the last time that Wizards shared any market research data.

>But to have 90% of the art cater to them becuase its 2016 is kinda ridiculous.

>such a blatant shift in subject matter compared to even 2-3 years ago

When you put these two together, it makes sense. If the majority of current art--and I'm not sure it's anywhere near 90%--caters to women, that's still a drop in the bucket compared to all-time card art.

I am a guy and I prefer seeing more female characters than male characters.

Also there's like 2 male angels in the whole game and rest are females.

>Burning Vengeance
It's Fiery Temper, you ignorant fuck.

Most guys prefer to look at girls.

I don't mind art of women. As long as we don't have a stupid shit drama over harmless stuff like Triumph of Ferocity

Virgins.
Forgot about this playerbase.

>It's equal only when there's majority of females

And all the demons are male. But this is since fucking ages ago so I don't think it has anything to do with the current gender-political climate or whatever.

Can't have negative characters that are female now, can we?

We recently had Nahiri...but misteriously enough a great part of the female audience sided with her, fucking bananas.

Waifus sell

Look at those shit faces, jesus.

Nahiri was a gud girl she dindu nuffin wrong the evil old man was fully at fault.

Isn't Marchesa the villain of Conspiracy 2 or something? I haven't really followed the plot but I got monarchy = bad and it looks like she's the queen.

Empowered lone females are strong characters and role model for women who need no men.

>nahiri
>marchesa
>olivia

>see above

>"we have no negative female"
>"actually we do"
>"they do not count"

>It doesn't matter if they're clearly written as the villans, I'm right fuck off with your examples and evidence!

You could well be trolling but there are way too many people who actually argue like this.

The card where Garruk choked Liliana caused all of this.

That's my take on it more or less. Hell, I got into the game because I fell in love with the art of Elesh Norn before I even knew it was MTG related, so I can't pretend there's something wrong with cool female characters.

That said, it is rather noticeable. I don't know if there's a way to integrate in a way that feels less...sudden, but it could certainly be worse. Just make them great cards and I'll learn to love them regardless.

You can be a villian without showcasing negative traits, learn the meaning of words m8.

>Female wrongs a woman
>Woman dooms an entire plane killing billions just to get her revenge
>"she dindu nothing! she innocent!"
meanwhile
>Female wrongs a male
>Cursing him for life
>Man decides to get his revenge but fails
>"Vile man, he tried to hurt her!, rapist, sexist, mysoginist!"

Why these bitches complain if they clearly:
1. Don't play the game
2. Don't even read the lore

>Unleashing an eldrazi titan on a plane isn't a negative trait

That's what they are doing.
>Nahiri is edgelord
>Kicks a guys ass because women are stronk
>Kills thousands in innistrad
>Wizards plays it out like she's the victim and was justified

This is all very bad. And not a good future for magic. Soon they are going to implement safe spaces in tournaments.

Wasn't the complaint that the art looked like rape?

>the white man antagonist
That's par for the course though, just about every villain in media is a white guy.

Marchesa:

>sadist
>petty
>vindictive
>vain
>obsessed with wealth

Nahiri:
>irrational
>vendicative
>cares nothing for collateral damage

Olivia:
>edonist
>betrayer
>power-hungry

And that's what I'm saying, they know shit about the game, about the background story between Liliana and Garruk, about liliana being an evil cunt, they just see the card and assume rape when the situation is that they're fighting and that Liliana deserves everything that's coming to her.

I think that's most people's response, they don't care enough about it to comment.

Dunno about Marchesa, but srly, a lot of feminists and SJW side with Nahiri

>implying this matters
As soon as we get phyrexian theros that just means we'll get new Elesh Norn centric art, and I'm okay with that.

lmao what a worthless piece of shit thread

why did you give this guy so many (you)s

fuck now i did it

>implying the perfect compleated waifu has a discernible gender

IT'S 2016

>Phyrexia
>Summing up to something
Kek, remember the Eldrazi? those mana gods that not even 3 old walkers were able to beat? those eldritch horrors from beyond the planes? those cosmic sized cratures? they all died summing up to nothing, they were utterly meaningless. And the same will happen with New Phyrexia. Wotc can't into 2nd and 3rd acts.

>Dude in America telling people from the other side of the Atlantic to open their borders
Open yours ;^)

>safe spaces in tournaments
As long as retarded "women aren't people" MGTOWs and MRAs are kept away, that might be better for the health of the community. My FLGS had a few too many for my taste, not that I want to welcome the screaming harpies either, but there's a problem.

Oliver totally would. It's 2016, people, come on! We have to give the Muslims our homes because the crusades happened.

She's consistently referred to with female pronouns and has a feminine form (complete with porcelain tits), so despite the overwhelmingly likely lack of genitalia it doesn't seem entirely unreasonable to refer to her as a woman.

>Oliver totally would
he's not telling his government to do it though

>>Wizards plays it out like she's the victim and was justified
Wizards officials, even Maro, said that she's definitely one of SOI block's villains. Just because they rightfully showed that Sorin's assholishness created his own villain, like most comic book superheroes created their own villains mind, does not change the fact that they went in with the mindset that Nahiri is 100% the villain.

W-well except for my home of course. heh heh, how else do you expect me to fight the good fight without a private sanctuary to think of more witty ways to insult the evil selfish racists.

Old phyrexia had, funnily enough, no word for "gender", "male" and "female".

I want the Ineffable back

I've seen a few people siding with her, but I haven't seen shit suggesting that it was because they were feminists or SJWs, care to show me what I'm missing here?

Garruk started it with Liliana.
>Sent his hunting beasts out in the wild.
>She was walking through wild.
>Huntbeast attacks her because Garruk told them "Attacking people in the forest is okay too!"
>She kills what she sees as a rabid animal attacking her.
>Garruk throws a beastman sized hissy fit and chases her into some ancient ruins.
>She says something witty about his axe and he tries to take her head off.
>She phases through a wall to get away from him.
>Garruk smashes through the wall to continue the fight.
>She chain veils him so hard it leaves a permanent curse on him then leaves
To be fair, the only thing she did wrong was not straight kill him like black is want to do.

Not him but
>Sorin goes around searching for Ugin and Nahiri
>Narrator says Sorin is searching for Nahiri
>Sorin's mind tell us he's searching for Nahiri
>Turns out Sorin captured Nahiri and put her inside the Helvault
Is this a retcon? has Sorin dissociative identity disorder?

Oh I see. You meant "ugly"

Sorin is kind of an idiot. The whole reason Nissa had to walk him to the Eye of Ugin was because he chose to willingly delete his memory of it so he could go "not my problem."
I also don't remember Sorin ever looking for Nahiri. It was always "muh Ugin" with him. Until Ugin sent him to go find Nahiri and Sorin had a "Well, shit" moment.
He did panic when he found Ugin in hedrons after all, thinking it was a big "Nahiri-wuz-here!" sign.
Nissa still won the whole eldrazi crisis more than any other protagonist in the history of magic has ever won anything.

A part from persona evidence (from me and other people I know in my city and 4 other cities) SJW and tumblr click bait articles like OP's

>Like OP's
Fuck, I thought I was in the 10 white fucking males thread, sorry, I meant that article.

>yfw people start claiming Yawgmoth was actually a female

Honestly I didnt really notice it until eldritch moon. The main storyline was also mostly women. I honestly didnt care at all until they made my homeboy odric siton the Order's headquarters feeling sorry for himself while his unnamed female lietenaunt hanged out with thalia, and thalia herself battled and killed the mutated archangels. Odric deserved better

what about the new startrek movie

>those exaggerated numbers
Wew lad.

You mean you're not on Nahiri's side?

Back to tumblr friend.

Well, she sort of killed and/or fucked up and absurd number of people by dragging Emrakul to Innistrad's doorstep. I mean, I'm sure some of them deserved it, but not all of them.

>implying anyone worth a damn cares

Well, yeah, but her people didn't deserve to get their Plane used as ground zero for the Eldrazi either. It's not Innistrad's fault its creator is the kind of asshole who makes a pact with someone, betrays them, throws them in a prison, and lets their home get eaten by cosmic horrors, but Sorin absolutely deserves to come home to a plane that's been fed to an Eldrazi for all the shit he did.

oliver is a tool.

if anyone thinks just "OPENING THE BORDERS" is the solution to all the refugees meandering about, you're a fucking idiot.

>HURR DURR IM JOHN OLIVER ALLOW ME TO SPIT MY SCRIPT WRITTEN BY KIDS ON TUMBLR AND MY ONLY ARGUMENT WILL BE A FALLACY

Why does he even like Innistrad? Everyone there has always been shit to him, the vampires are arrogant shits with their heads lost up their own asses, and the humans are worse. Innistrad's humans are garbage and the living embodiment of why we can't have nice things. Every single bad thing and race of monsters is the humans' fault. That's a unique achievement in the multiverse.

>Humans: why are there all these monsters all over the place?
>Avacyn: It'll be okay, all you have to do is bury your dead in a certain way and stop summoning zombies and making yourselves into vampires
>5 minutes later, the humans have summoned ten thousand zombies and are all lining up to join the vampires

It's no wonder she went crazy. Babysitting a population that stupid would drive anyone crazy.

Look, Sorin's a dick and eats people and stuff, so sure, fuck him, she can beat him up or whatever and that would be fine. But having an insanely awful thing happen to you doesn't mean you have the right to do insanely awful things to other people, in particular ones who had nothing to do with the awful thing happening to you in the first place, like the entire population of a plane what the fuck

Are werewolves the fault of normal humans somehow? I don't really know what their origins are.

Look, I don't know about you, but if some jackass politician orders his men to nuke my country, I'm not going to be part of the crowd whining about how we can't retaliate because his people will get caught in the crossfire.

But that article made no mention of Nahiri. At all. You seem to assume that because it's a ludicrous opinion you disagree with they must hold all ludicrous opinions you disagree with and that these 2 things are somehow linked.

Death is too good for a smug shit like Sorin. She wanted to break him. And for some inexplicable reason his home plane is the one thing he cares about. And if there are some innocent victims, so what? They would have died soon anyway.

That is some pretty Saturday morning villain tier logic. I hope this isn't you trying to argue in the "Nahiri isn't at fault" direction.

I was worried because this thread was on page five and the other S:jW thread was on the front page

because sjw's are shitting up the hobby.

why cant they just stick to their erp and video games?

Yeah, hot sexy women are on cards because they cater to women. Next argument is that they're not uncovered enough, right?

>As long as retarded "women aren't people" MGTOWs and MRAs are kept away, that might be better for the health of the community

from experience the people you want to keep away are actual players who love the game so fuck you

>if some jackass politician orders his men to nuke my country
Except it's literally the other way around.

El Presidente Sorin threw Senorita Nahiri into his basement, and kept her there for a really long time. Then when she got out rather than fight him personally, she went and fetched a nuke from her home and blew up the whole country other than Sorin, who she threw into HER basement.

And since she could do to Sorin what she did, then the whole "lets kill all these people who weren't even born when I was wronged" thing was literally purposeless. I blame a thousand years of trapped periods going off at once.

They're SJW because they don't agree with him, duh.

>tfw that guy's experience can't resolve your existence
Oh, well, I don't actually give a shit.

I would rather look at women on my cards than I would men

I'd rather not have xim's on my cards. Or angry scowling women with zero appeal

Sucks for you then

It generally does suck when a thing you like is progressively less the thing you like, yes

Jesus, dude, are you even trying?

Wizards lists her as a villain, actually. She has apologists but nobody in charge has appeared to be so. Maro's comment is mostly that both Sorin and Nahiri can be considered villains, not that Nahiri is justified.

>More of this gender politics bullshit coming to Veeky Forums

>/pol/ is harmless, it'll chase out X and kill all threads about Y without spreading to the rest of the board

This is what you get Veeky Forums, cancer like this if you invoke /pol/ to shit on what you don't like

WE
WUZ
ELVES

>Elesh
>negative character