uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1472164916
planet-thirteen.com/Dungeon.aspx
projectaon.org/en/Main/Books
youtu.be/aWIE0PX1uXk
mediafire.com/download/jw9awnjsi48dumq/Daredevil.zip
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i heard daydreaming is nice

Masturbation.

There are plenty of solo boardgames. In the RPG space you've got gamebooks (Lone Wolf ones are up for free on projectaon.org), dedicated solo RPGs, solo modules for regular RPGs, and game master emulators. The latter work as kind of a magic-8 ball designed for RPGs, where instead of asking the GM stuff, you ask the emulator and it gives you either yes/no answers, or with some of them, cryptic I-Ching type answers you have to interpret. (For some folks this may not be all that different from their regular GM)

PDF related is a solo module made up of mini adventures to be played in early D&D or other OSR compatible systems.

I've also recently picked this up. Quill is a solo RPG of medieval letter-writing.
Haven't played it yet, but it looks interesting. I also have two expansions, one for love letters which is all Heloise and Abelard, and one for fantasy dwarves.

Make some characters, think of a plotline like any campaign, and write a book about the campaign.

Roll using your character's stats if you can't decide what should happen or come next.

I've had some fun with Four Against Darkness. It's a solo dungeon crawler halfway between a board game and an RPG.
Similar are Ruins of the Undercity and Mad Monks of Kwantoom, which both run on OSR systems but also involve running a party through a randomly generated dungeon crawl.
These are all grandchildren of the AD&D 1e DMG's random dungeon generator, which was pretty cool, but unpolished -- it would frequently generate some weird and nonsensical results.

>Solo

This seems fun, are there any extra supplements/scenarios?

Tunnels & Trolls. Literally bragged about how many solo adventures it has.

freedungeons.com/dargon/
flyingbuffalo.com/bcintro.htm (Look for the Left Door, Center Door, Right Door links above the castle pic)

Postan.

And the other one.

Thanks man, have a tapestry.

Here's Four Against Darkness, with some pocketbooks that make it playable on the go.

This time without accidentally deleting the link before posting
uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1472158670

This requires a couple of Classic Traveller books, but you can get them in the Traveller general thread that's up right now.

Anyone have the Mythic Game Master emulator?

Or a better alternative?

Here's what I've got in my Solo folder. Contains Mythic, Mythic Variations, the Conjectural Roleplaying Gamemaster Emulator, The 9Qs, and Perilous Intersections.

uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1472164916

Thank you most kindly.

I just found this called How to Host a Dungeon. Basically you start at the dawn of time and go through a few ages crafting this dungeon using events. Here's it's website planet-thirteen.com/Dungeon.aspx

Good for DMs, too, considering building a dungeon is relatively easy and you can get lore out of it.

>good solo games
> no mention of pic related
>projectaon.org/en/Main/Books

I used to love Warhammer Quest, when the new Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower was announced I was so excited and my friends said they would play.

So I bought it on the day of release, spent the rest of the day assembling it.

Silver Tower tonight, guys?
>nah
oh ok, next time
>sure

(next week)

Silver Tower guys?
>Nah we're playing x
oh

(next week)

Silver Tower?
>no

They never wanted to play, so the other day, I laid it all out on the table, ordered myself a pizza, bought some beer and played the game by myself.

I mentioned 'em right here:

How was it? Also same here....

I thought it was going to be like a AHQ/WHQ game, but when I read the rules they really ended up being more outside stuff like dice stacking than actual going at it skirmish or dungeon crawl style.

I've been playing dungeon saga solo, but not as intended (not using IO) and playing the overlord and the characters really does shake out some strategy.

Other games I've done solo
Dungeonquest using some home rules
Execution force assassinorum which is actually pretty good, used home rules on that too

Wish there were people to play with that weren't me though...

>tfw no Veeky Forumsf

There is also a phone app for lone wolf

yeah it was ok, the dice stacking thing and its ilk are a very very minor part, although I did that even playing alone

playing both sides, I thought the Daemons would attack the biggest threat but my DPS were being bashed too hard so I then randomized it.

Soss - my bad

It's cool, it can't hurt to get more exposure for Lone Wolf, it's pretty awesome.

Anything to play on mobile?

you can get an inform 7.. emulator? compiler? and play text adventure games. There are some decent ones, both modern and the oldschool ones

more games need overlord apps, Descent has a great one

There are some pretty decent gamebook app things. I played Tin Man Games' Gamebook Adventures 1: An Assasin in Orlandes, and enjoyed it.

Thanks user

Interesting, so definitely worth a try? I've had it boxed up for months now, and I just could bring my self to punch the cards.

for sure, assembling the plastic is going to be the ball ache

If you mean vidya on mobile that are solo table games then yes.

I'm playing battle fleet leviathan, space hulk (not ascension), Warhammer quest (its good but slower paced), Arcane quest (like a hero quest clone, slow but still fun), that 40k deathwatch is fun but on mobile theres IAP (closest thing to 40k xcom right now get on steam), battlelore (colors and commands), card dungeon.

Admittingly that's where I suck. The minis are ok, but not worth my time ATM. I also had bought a "no mini's" set for me to proxy with. Cool - I'll give it an honest go.

I know in the book they even said to try the game solo since it would tech you tactics...

Oh and one that i'm not sure on all platforms on mobile but had fun for a few rounds with Tharsis.

Basically dice rolling the game x FTL.

Shit I had almost made it to mars too. There character traits, a CYOA aspect to the game, and then there's risk management and even tech research.

Really imaginative for something that's just rolling dice over and over.

I don't know if this is a happy thread or a sad thread.

It depends on whether you're a normalfag or not. Is playing a game of solitaire sad? The answer might help you figure it out.

Solo gaming is like masturbating. Sure, it's usually more fun with someone else, but sometimes it's too much trouble, or other people are dipshits, and if you want to roll some dice you just gotta do it yourself.

Well, some people just don't get along with others, in this case it's a happy thread.

In my case I want to have Veeky Forums friends, but bad experiences over and over have made me come to not trust and not be open with people.

The few people I actually get along with are people whom which I have no financial and very limited emotional commitment in. Meaning to say I probably get along with strangers better than people who ask me "I'm buying your bike" or "you're giving me a HDTV' or "buy me a drink"

I've been alive for over 40 years, if I've known you for 3 that's less than a 10th of my life and if you die tomorrow well I'm sorry, but I'll only miss you a 10th as much.

inb4 So yes a sad thread, very very sad.

maybe a better way to say it is this, its better to be alone and get along with yourself than be around others and get along with no one.

>Is playing a game of solitaire sad? The answer might help you figure it out.

It can very sad.

Why not just play a video game?
Emulate an snes and play through some rpgs.

This was surprisingly enjoyable. Thanks, user.

>Why would you play D&D when there's World of Warcraft?

If tabletop with a group is sex, and solo tabletop is masturbation, snes games are like go kart racing. Sure, it's fun and all, but it's not remotely the same thing.

The saddest question ever seen on Veeky Forums.

Just get high and daydream or something man.

Sometimes you don't want to deal with people and don't want to put effort into a campaign only you like.

Sometimes you just wanna sit back and roll some dice.

I like building a party and running them through modules. I'd rather dm home made stuff but I still appreciate a good module and it helps me learn new systems.

Yeah, I wish systems would still make gamebooks to walk you through learning them. It used to be a common thing, and it's a good way around the whole chicken-and-egg problem where you can't play the system until you've learned it, but you can't really learn it until you've played it, and what if you don't know anybody who's into that system who can run it for you?

Burning Wheel could really use one of those, because christ that system's hard to learn from the book. I saw folks playing it on Youtube and it seemed like it shouldn't be that hard, but damn, that book is obtuse.

There's Fighting Fantasy's Sorcery! which is so obvious I'm surprised no one's mentioned it yet.

That's a pretty unique position.

>Veeky Forumsf

No what you need is a Veeky Forumsroup. MY wife and I joke that we need a 3rd person in our relationship, just so we can play the multitude of cans that are 3 or more players. At the very least, it would make our 2 player games more fun.

>Crown of Kings coming out on Sep 15

I AM SO FUCKING HYPE

Go fuck yourself.

Every time there's a solo gaming thread up, we get that tedious fucker who thinks "just masturbate" is a funny response that nobody's thought of before, and some weird-ass normalfags who call it "sad" as if playing a single player video game were somehow sad because multi-player ones exist.

Y'all are some tiresome motherfuckers.

Have another correspondence game, this one for one or many players, with a Lovecraft theme.

Playing some video games by yourself is sad though.

Like, y'know that guy who plays Mario Party by himself? In the dark? With a box of wine and this playing in the background? youtu.be/aWIE0PX1uXk

Yeah.

Tabletop RPGs are a lot like Mario Party. It's not bad or wrong to play single player ones, but it makes you sort of wish that guy playing them by himself could have a friend available at that moment.

if you like writing your own fiction
Jumpchain

>that guy who plays Mario Party by himself?

Mario Party isn't a single player game, though. You're still missing the point that there are actual single player tabletop games, many of them mentioned or posted up above.

And let's face facts: this is a board dedicated to grown men playing with plastic army men and pretending to be an elf. If there's an event horizon for "sad" you've passed it just by coming here.

>And let's face facts: this is a board dedicated to grown men playing with plastic army men and pretending to be an elf.

There's a line you can walk without that being pathetic. Sort of like how you can describe any olympic athlete in a condescending manner.

>he runs in a circle all day
>she picks things up and puts them down

And, Mario Party does have a single player mode. That's kind of like what the single player tabletop games are like. Single player mode, with the other players replaced with procedural and random functions.

It's not like people are going to judge you as being pathetic or anything for playing a single player game, it's just that it would be nice if you had someone else to play with.

I often play 40k against myself. I have nice table with lots of terrain and 4 different armies.
None of my friends have their own armies and only play like 3-4 games with me in a year.

Also KillTeam works equally well.

> That's kind of like what the single player tabletop games are like. Single player mode, with the other players replaced with procedural and random functions.

False, there are dedicated single player tabletop games, built from the ground up as single player experiences.

>It's not like people are going to judge you as being pathetic or anything for playing a single player game

Then why do they have to post "OMG this is so sad" every goddamn time we have one of these threads, at least twice per thread? It's annoying!

>it's just that it would be nice if you had someone else to play with.

Now you're implying we don't have anyone else to play with, despite several folks mentioning their groups earlier in the thread..
Single player gaming is like masturbating. Sure it'd probably be more fun if you had someone else around, but sometime's that's a hassle, and sometimes shit happens, game night's cancelled, and you're left with a handful of dice and nothing to do for four hours. Why not play How to Host a Dungeon and end up with a cool dungeon ready for next week?

Solo games used to be a common thing back in the early days, as it still is in wargaming.
It's only recently that people have started to act like you can't play anything but video games without other people, and that means a lot of folks aren't playing tabletop as often as they'd like, and missing out on parts of their favorite hobby that they could otherwise enjoy. How's that for sad?

Write Story
Send to Magazine
Get Rejected bunch of times
Write another Story
Repeat
Get Accepted
Get first Paycheck
Write more
Get more paychecks
Write a novel
fail
Write another
repeat
Write another Novel
Succeed
Get Lodsa Money
Repeat
Get a Movie deal
Become Respected Author
Support crazies and have petty arguments on twitter
die rich and famous

best solo game imaginable

user. I want you to know that you have inspired me.
I am going to do this. And when I'm a rich and famous dickbag ruining my own content via "canon" twitter posts, I will thank you and I will recognize you.

Many thanks you magnificent user

better idea

Write fanfiction for existing story
rewrite it to not really be fanfiction
get it published
make money
get a movie deal
make more money and congratulate yourself for figuring out the secret:
Teenage girls love trashy romance and pay way too much money to get more of it

You say that like it's easy

it's called "date ms. palmer and her 5 daughters"

Thats just inefficient. Plus you risk getting body hair in it which is never fun for anyone. Plus sweat could make it soggy' Get off the bed woman, I'm trying to roll

>that cover "art"
Christ my eyes are bleeding.

Hey man, at least it's not Lamentations of the Flame Princess-tier, "fat goth cunt with dyed hair that actually draws more attention to her disgusting chin"

That art is poorly done, but at least honestly conveys that the game is poor man's D&D, instead of making clear how terrible the author's taste in women is.

>my girlfriend cheated on me with James Raggi

I really hope you tell her you love her every time you see her.

bump

I'm surprised nobody posted this.

It's in my solo folder, but I didn't post it as I haven't really looked at it, and don't know if it's any good.

Back in the day Marvel had a few solo game books that were pretty fun, with health systems and checks and stuff.
I took this Daredevil one and reworked it into a game with Twine.

Space Hulk?

It all depends on how you like to write. You take on the role of a hikikomori, something of a japanese recluse. You are just trying to make it through a week in the life of this character as they deal with their various personality problems, and social hangups.

If you've ever seen or heard of "Welcome to the NHK" this is something like that.

>I took this Daredevil one and reworked it into a game with Twine.

Pretty cool, user. Got a link?

There are a ton of solitaire wargames, from small and simple to large and complex.

I recently bought Hornet Leader: Carrier Air Operations by Dan Verssen Games (pic related) and I like it very much. It's a bit heavy on the admin side compared to actual dice rolling (selecting pilots and ordnance for each mission can become time consuming if you're not into that kind of thing).

DVG has several other solitaire games as well. Also, marcowargamer on Youtube has great reviews of many games, including solo ones and seems like a really nice guy.

>actual pic related

Write a book.

In what order do you read the lone wolf books on this website?

Sure
mediafire.com/download/jw9awnjsi48dumq/Daredevil.zip

Cool, I'm gonna give this a go tonight.

Let me know what you think. I had to leave some mechanics out because I wasn't sure how to implement them in Twine but I'm going to try to figure it out if I do one of the other ones.

Huh. I would have left it like a gamebook and had you roll your own dice. Can't beat that tactile feel.

Fuck, the Troglodyte at #14 is gonna give me nightmares. That shit's not okay in a book for kids, man!

But you can just get the books from archive.org.

I guess so, but it's not as slick, or something?

what about those cyoa books?

Yeah, gamebooks especially.

Got any recommendations?

Lone Wolf are pretty good, and free over on projectaon.org. The Fighting Fantasy series has some good ones -- I loved Steve Jackson's Sorcery! and City of Thieves was really cool.

Be ready for lots of "you died, start over" though, as that was the thing back in the day. I wish they had the modern storygame concept of "failing forward" back then, even if it would bloat the page count.

This one's so popular it's got a thread up.
Attached is the mechanics.
You can roll for your success, I use a d100.

Actual content is the OP here: Posters can be horrid, but it's not all bad. Good for discussion or questions, if not you can just ignore it completely.

There is a game called Reigns you might like.

Am I missing something? How do you... do it? Like I understand you choose all this stuff to start but then what? Just daydream about it or what? Where do the success rolls you mentioned come in?

I've actually been using GURPS in conjunction with mystic to masturbate for years. It's gotten to the point where I can't open a GURPS book without getting aroused.