40k General /wh40kg/

god is dead

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

blacklibrary.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Turner_Diaries
youtube.com/watch?v=9HvEiqGtCBI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for even if Chaos Space Marines get a new book they won't be good.

Second for I wish I was painting right now

third for smoke meth hail satan

Every time a unit of 20+ units is destroyed or retreats off the table, a unit half as large should appear in ongoing reserves.

Discuss.

I think that the Tau should be pushed in a different direction than they are now. We need less Mechs, since they're supposed to be rare and hard to produce, and we need to focus more on the other races in the Tau empire. Isn't that their whole deal? That they're an empire comprised of a number of different races? Why not push that instead? There's a shit ton of races that don't have models that are in the Tau Empire. The Tarellian, The Nicassar, The Demiurg, The Galgs, etc. I think the Tau would be much more interesting on the table if it weren't just "MECH/DRONE/FIRE WARRIOR BLOBS"

Nah I like the way the game doesn't go on forever.

I would love facing diverse tau armies.

>Playing against friend at LGS
>Went to roll to steal initiative
>Dice is in the air
>I YELL "Smoke meth, hail Satan!"
>6
>Silently thank the dark lord and text my dealer that I'm gonna need double tonight

Absolutely agree, and I play the blue fuckers.

>Orks are a melee race
>I2

Also agree. I usually run fire warrior + pathfinders and a few (2-4) crisis, with maybe brodasides and tank support. I only bring my riptide for high point games. Well, except when I run a fluffy "Da 8s" detachment, but that is only whem I play my SM frined and only then.

I like the design on the suits, but I find the spam obnoxius. I just want my Tau to be space commies, goddamit, not space japan.

Hey, just throwing this out there. Does anyone have Dark Eldar jetbikes they want to sell/trade? I want to use them for necron tomb blades. [email protected]

Pretty much. The formations/detachments would have to be the most powerful that we've seen yet in order to make Chaos Space Marines competitive.

Just say the Riptide factory ordered a recall and had to tone down the Rapetide's power from overpowered to respectfully decent and will only be that way forever. That would see less of those god awful things. Or do that to all suits. Nerf the suits, and see more Kroot.

Ha! No.

Anyone got the link to the deathwatch rules?

So, I will be playing a Kill team game this week, and my only army is Tau, inb4 tau fag. I was thinking of using a single shas'vre suit as my elite, along with maybe 2 small units of fire warriors and pathfinders to fill the fast attack slot.
Do you guys think that will work as a kill team force?

I don't think the riptide needs a nerf, just a points increase. Fuck the riptide wing though.

You could easily do what you suggested though, the riptide is meant to be some dodgy tech that overheats, the tau could easily decide to cut that out while in the process reducing its offensive capabilities.

Elite: Crisis Suit
Troop: Breacher/Striker Fire Warrior
Fast Attack: Piranhas

But that's just me.

hey, could you guys tell me some quality fanfics of 40k?

blacklibrary.com/
Basically everything here.

nah he said quality

Why is there so poor representation of women, minorities and trans/lgbt-people in Warhammer 40k?

I wanted to take up playing for a while, but this has been putting me off.

Day of the rope is canon.

b8

Your bait actually makes me want the landraider shitposter back.
At least he was actually talking about the game

there's the eldar and pretty much slaanesh

>Why is there so poor representation of women, minorities and trans/lgbt-people in Warhammer 40k?

This is almost certainly bait but considering the state of the internet I might as well take it seriously:

>Women
Sisters of Battle are an all-female faction that have existed since forever, there's quite a few female models scattered about across Eldar and Tau. Fluffwise there's more than a handful of extremely important women.

>Minorities
Firstly; minorities are no longer minorities if they gain the same representation. Secondly; what the fuck are Mutants, Abhumans and Xenos auxillaries.

>Trans/Lgbt
Slaanesh is literally a Chaos God that slowly turns his followers into omnisexual hermaphrodites. Nobody else but a lone few have time to indulge themselves in transexual acts and nobody in-fluff gives a flying fuck about what you're attracted to so long as you do your job (which may include siring an heir and not flirting with Xenos/mutants/heretics, apply restrictions as necessary.)

>slaanesh
>Trans and lgbt people are debauched demons.
Yeah, good representation.

>Imperium
>Humans are racist space fascists

>Astartes
>Men are war-bred murdermachines with no sex drive and slight autism

>Tau
>Egalitarians are universally arrogant as fuck and puppets to evil overlords

Nobody in 40k gets good representation you shit.

its gonna be so much fun

Why isn't there a monster that shits Hormagaunts?

Termagaunts a shit.

>Sisters of Battle
Fetishized chaste battle-nuns, who worship the big daddy. That's worse than no representation, actually.
How about normal female space marines?

>Fluffwise there's more than a handful of extremely important women.
Outweighed 1:1000 by important men.

>Firstly; minorities are no longer minorities if they gain the same representation.
That's the stupidest argument I ever heard.

>Secondly; what the fuck are Mutants, Abhumans and Xenos auxillaries.
Always viewed with suspicion if not disdain. And generally made out to be inferior in various ways to Space Marines and elite guard regiments.

>Slaanesh
See

This. In the grim dark future gender politics are at the bottom of a mile long list called "things that fucks are given for"

>people
kek

well its true

Alright, this is still probably bait, but I'd rather not shit up the thread and I'll just direct you to and leave it with this:

40k has no interest in real world morality, politics or anything else beyond inspiration for its own reality. It's not going to change, nor should it.

Must you guys respond to an obvious bait?

>Why isn't there a monster that shits Hormagaunts?
Because fuck you.
Love, Games Workshop

Termagants > Hormagaunts

hey faggits the bigger ciaphas cain novels aren't working

What is the most badass and brutal thing the Imperium has done?

Because Hormagaunts lay eggs that hatch into more Hormagaunts that lay eggs...

It's like you didn't even READ your codex!

=)

Termagaunts don't get in range until a Hormagaunt would already be able to charge, and Horms both hit a bit harder and can tarpit shit like no tomorrow if they're near a synapse.

Terms can't do anything right.

Be the imperium

Why isn't there a biotitan that shits Tervigons?

Why isn't there a warlord scale biotitan that shits the biotitans that shit Tervigons?

Survive against no less than two factions with objective superiority in terms of individual and general technology, two massive races that have objective biological superiority in terms of war and literally hundreds of other races/factions, at the same time. For 10,000 years.

Nothing is stopping you from putting girl heads on your Space Marines and creating fluff about them self identifying as men.

What is the Day of the rope?

probably the scouring
>the enemy is retreating! quick lets fucking chase them down and kill them and kill everybody whos even thought about supporting them

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Turner_Diaries

play age of sigmar instead

Setting fire to space was pretty brutal, even if it did instantly get circumvented because loltau.

>Instantly got circumvented

It hasn't quite, yet, it apparently will be soon though. Still, it did its job and completely halted the Expansion.

OMG, you people are literally using terminology from that racist pile of crap in 2016.
What's next, a quote from Mein Kampf?

>and Horms both hit a bit harder and can tarpit shit like no tomorrow if they're near a synapse.
Lets see...
>A Termagant in charging range can do a single S4 AP5 attack and 2 S3 attacks if it makes into CC
>A Hormagaunt does 3 S3 AP6 attacks if it makes into CC.
Only thing Hormagaunt has over it's brethren is Fleet, +3" run and the benefit of having 2 attacks even if they get assaulted for 1 extra point. While Hormagaunts aren't terrible, Termagants do more damage for cheaper and the latter is a pretty big factor when it comes to gaunts

>How about normal female space marines?
Define normal. If the space marine creation process worked for women, do you know what they would look like?
They would be indistinguishable from male space marines. Only Slaanesh puts tits on a 1 ton murder machine.
The sisters of battle are about as close to female marines you can get before you have cuntboy marines.

I would like to see plastic sisters and female guardsmen.

>Fluffwise there's more than a handful of extremely important women.
>Outweighed 1:1000 by important men.
fair enough I have no argument here and I wouldn't some waifu material.

>Firstly; minorities are no longer minorities if they gain the same representation.
>That's the stupidest argument I ever heard.

First paint your models any skin tone you want.
Second what does it matter if you are a black human or white human so long as you burn xenos?

>Secondly; what the fuck are Mutants, >Abhumans and Xenos auxillaries.
Always viewed with suspicion if not disdain. And generally made out to be inferior in various ways to Space Marines and elite guard regiments.

They are literally Mutants, Abhumans and Xenos. They are either genetically deficient mutated abominations, weird offshoots of humanity (example Ogryns that are near retarded giants that are stronger than space marines) and Xenos auxillaries literally xenos the things which the entire imperium of man including the GOD EMPEROR says to hate and fear.

You're issue is that you appling you're cultural values and beliefs to a significantly different situation. So check your privilege, not every universe has the luxury of being egalitarian. The fact that you can't set aside your cultural paradigm to understand the needs and beleifs of these ancient and honored people only shows how much of a privileged Western capatilst pig you are, with no understanding of having to fight to survive.

The game represents a future utopia.

if the moon was a space marine what space marine would he be?

youtube.com/watch?v=9HvEiqGtCBI
[warning : contents contain pure fire]

>What's next, a quote from Mein Kampf?

Sure, if you want one

“Reading is not an end to itself, but a means to an end.”
― Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

Well this thread is off to a horrible start. Instead of responding to old bait/ a very delusional SJW, lets talk 40k.

So what are you working on Veeky Forums? Play any games recently? Plan on playing amy soon?

Im working on my Assault Marines, Vanguard Veterans, and a squad of Dark Furies. I was going to ply a game tomorrow, but had to cancel because of work.

when are mega links please to give deathwatch codex?

Priming my Word Bearers. Playing's not something I tend to take time out of my day to do anymore, as disappointing as my marines are. Been thinking about selling them, but holding out hope for Whatever we're supposed to be getting soon.

>I think that the Tau should be pushed in a different direction than they are now. We need less Mechs, since they're supposed to be rare and hard to produce, and we need to focus more on the other races in the Tau empire. Isn't that their whole deal? That they're an empire comprised of a number of different races? Why not push that instead
I've said this for years

Just say the planet where all the mechs are made was eaten by Tyranids, and let the next codex lean harder on the Xeno Allies. How about different kinds of Kroot? Some flying infantry (reflecting their bird ancestry), some Squiggoth-like motherfuckers, some shooty and stealthy, some beefy and choppy. Maybe even different kinds of Vespid. And reintroduce all those races we've only had 1/2 a paragraph about as "subject races of the Tau Empire"

I actually have my shortest backlog I've had for a time:
2 harlequin halves of deathmasque to assemble
2 boxes of horrors to finish painting
and 2 mutalith vortex-beast + soulgrinders that a buddy was converting for me that I just got that I'm excited to start working on

>OMG
>Forgetting you arent on Tumblr

Stop being so easy to bait, dumbass.

>So what are you working on Veeky Forums?
I'm currently shopping for more 2-3 chimeras

converting 8 guardsmen to be an inquisitorial warband

and contemplating weather to start a black templar ally army

>Play any games recently?

Last week I played against raven guard as IG and he got into assault on turn one which was surprising.

Plan on playing amy soon?
Next Wednesday on my FLGS warhammer night, IDK who I will play with though.

I haven't heard about this, but I suppose it was to be expected, with one of the new story progression books apparently being about the Tau fighting Imperials and Dark Eldar, and somehow getting window of the final chaos invasion. Real shame, I just want the tau to suffer, and they never do. Maybe the Mechanicum v Tau Imperial Armour will be nice.

Lost most motivation to work on my still uncomplete fliers and a few of my other models in my main army need some TLC, especially the Deathwing.

Been about two or three weeks now unfortunately.

>Plan on playing an amy soon?
First weekend of September I should be playing a 2v2, 2000pts a player with some friends. RW/DW and BA against KDK/CSM/Daemons and Orks with a Chaos Knight.

sounds great and all; but i don't think it would sell better then mech suits

i have a emperor's children daemon prince that needs painting, but i'll probably be working on malifaux this year since i'll have more chances to play that then 40k

space marines
no
>Plan on playing amy soon?
whos amy?

the beating that pask got from longsight finally convinces him to pilot something bigger than a lemon russ and get revenge on the blueberrys,
Forgeworlds newest vehicle the paskblade coming 2017 firing old unsold sly marbo shots able to insta gib a tau supremecy suit in a single imperiuk filled shot,
Fielding them in squads of 3 grants twin linked.

>the beating that pask got from longsight

Pask was kicking Hammerhead ass until Longstrike shot the Hand of Steel in the side, they were in a storm that apparently Imperial sensors couldn't see through but Blacksun Filters could no problem (another issue people had with the book, the Tau sensors should've at least been struggling if Imperial sensors were completely fried.)

Nothing, I'm waiting for Forge World to restock the Eldar Corsair conversion kit

>Play any games recently
I did a game of Admech and Deathwatch vs Blood Angels and Orks

>Plan on playing amy soon?
what

fought an IG player the other day

>asked for 1000 points
>made list and waited for him
>"oh i'm unbound by the way"
>only leman russes
>claims they are all BS5
>claimed firebarrels are multiuse and are D6 hits per model assaulting, not for the entire unit
>said the battle cannons are S10 AP2 largeblast
>attempted to overwatch with blastweapons
>he loses anyway

I really should read on other races stuff so shit like this doesnt happen again

I don't get what's going through the heads of people who blatantly cheat like this, every time they say it to somebody new they know it's a gamble. What do they plan on doing when 50% of the people they go up against correct them, "oh, sorry, I misremembered?"

This is great stuff.

your first redflag was unbound, i find it more of a hindrance and not helpful compared to all the benefits of CAD or detachments

>nid player
>1850 point game
>total up his points, 2660
>hormagaunts with flesh hooks
>"move through cover means I strike at initiative"
>multiple copies of the same relic
>norn crowns on carnifexes
>s5 zoanthropes, s6 neurothropes
>d3+1 HoW on fexes (i know its d3 normally, but still)
>2 warp charges per zoanthrope in a brood
>multiple different main guns on tyranofex
>all of the "pick one" options on the same hive crone

>"I swear it all checked out in battlescribe lel"
fuck these people

they just want to win i guess and dont have the time/knowledge/patience to make a good bound army

this was just a kill the enemy match to keep the time down

>1850 point game

what the fuck

>Forgeworlds newest vehicle the paskblade
I want Pask in a Stormlord with the same benefits he gives now to the Punisher.

>bs5 tanks
I wish. Also that guy is a piece of shit. If he uses Armored Battle Group (FW) or Emperor's Fist Armored Company he can bring just tanks with the exception of the Enginseer in the tank company formation.

>nid player
>1850 point game
probably wouldve been fair 2bh

How did you even find the total points for that much bullshit?

i didnt question the BS5 tanks as my army has access to them via some rules

>what
Meant to type any, like I do every time I post that same set of questions in hopes of making the thread more on topic and less shitpost filled.
Must have mistyped.

We knew ahead of time that this guy likes to play fast and loose with point values, so I did a quick total of what I saw on the board before pulling out my army and matched his rough point value.

I did a full list after the game to get the exact points for what he brought, still ended up being 300 points under because it seems like he pretty much took every upgrade possible without paying for it.

>why didn't you just call him on it
Because im super passive and would rather just up my own points than call him out on blatantly cheating.
All the rules shit he was pulling in-game I called him on

Got two lists for a tourney (1500pts, CAD+Ally allowed, Cult+Skitarii allowed as a single CAD)

Which one is better?:
HQ1: Tech-priest dominus; raiment of technomartyr 135 WARLORD

Troop1: 3 kataphron destroyers; 3 heavy grav cannons 165
Troop2: 3 kataphron destroyers; 3 heavy grav cannons 165

Troop3: 5 Vanguard; 2 arc rifles 85
Troop4: 5 Rangers; 2 transuranic arquebuses 115

Elite1: 5 Ruststalkers; refractor field, prehensile dataspike 175
Elite2: 5 Infiltrators; taser goads, flechette blasters, infoslave skull, omniscient mask 215

Heavy1: Onager Dunecrawler; icarus array 125
Heavy2: Kastelan Robot Maniple; 2 tl heavy phosphor blasters, heavy phosphor blasters 320
-------------------------------------------------------------------
HQ1: Tech-priest dominus; arcaduceus of arkhan land 135 WARLORD
HQ2: Tech-priest dominus; raiment of technomartyr 135

Troop1: 3 kataphron destroyers; 3 heavy grav cannons 165
Troop2: 3 kataphron destroyers; 3 heavy grav cannons 165

Elite1: 8 Infiltrators; taser goads, flechette blasters, omniscient mask 310

FA1: 6 Sydonian Dragoons 270

Heavy1: Kastelan Robot Maniple; 2 tl heavy phosphor blasters, heavy phosphor blasters 320

I will most likely face Dark Eldar monsters, theHarlequin and Necrons

playing a brutal WAAC 1850-2k SM list against like 3k of nids or orks would be fun 2bh

Ciaphas Cain is quality, everything else is shit tier marine fan wank

What are good buffs for Nids?

Standard wargear option of flesh hooks?
Beasts Pyrovores with torrent?
Drop pod assault for tyrannocytes?
FNP as standard on the big ones?

more access to flesh hooks / spine banks
slightly cheaper MCs almost across the board OR a stat boost to MCs almost across the board (like ws/bs/i for example)
Stat buffs on some guns (rupture cannon, venom cannons, others)
bring back a ton of the customizability of earlier editions.

Synapse gives eternal warrior and feel no pain
'Nids fixed

>your first redflag was unbound
Not really

I had a match about a month ago against demons and messed up my grenade launchers krak or flak (the high S, not blast one) was a blast and i haven't seen the player since it was just a walk in pick up game.

I still haven't forgotten I mean to apologize and have asked multiple people if they knew him.

(I kind of crushed him, but he insisted he wasn't new and I brought my more decent list)

Not him but it is an unspoken law at my shop to write out your list so that it is physically there and can be checked by you or your opponent (people used to cheat I guess).

You don't have to have all the points but the total of each unit and a listing of their wargear. It is much like the format Veeky Forums prefers for their list.

None of that Battle Scribe on your tiny phone that you don't want someone to hold while they read it.

It is a pretty great system and I am glad everyone does it since it has helped me learn my opponents army and wargear so much better.

A few months ago two of out Tau player called out the only other one about having too much wargear for the price next to units and crucified him then and their in the middle of the store. Dude was bringing like 400+pts extra against GK with SoB Allies.

He hasn't come back.

Glad he lost at least. Despite using Super Battle Tanks with regenerating one-shot overwatch guns commandeered by Lord Commissars. That's a moment someone should step in to tell him to sell his army and never play again.

Yeah definitely, army wide fearless is broken as fuck anyway.

9 raveners being buffed by A swarmlord

will it work?