/pfg/ - Pathfinder General

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

Angels and Aasimar edition.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Horror Adventures: imgur.com/a/r2TOH
imgur.com/a/odYOE

New leak from DSP: Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors: docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/14xiRRju0zPb62Q2Q3Jqpqr8tosELq8I5kJcFm5YilLo/edit#
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/monstrous-humanoids/thriae
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/fey/alpluachra
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/plants/gro-kosh-pfu
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/magical-beasts/spider-eater
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/aberrations/lunarma
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/demon/demon-oolioddroo
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/qlippoth/qlippoth-gongorinan
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/aberrations/wolf-in-sheep-s-clothing
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/gloomwing
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/magical-beasts/gryph
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/vermin/botfly-giant
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/heralds/herald-of-passion
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/aberrations/phrenic-scourge
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/xill
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/plants/leaf-ray
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/aberrations/drakainia
d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/e/emblem-of-greed
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Did people collectively forget about the Psicrystal Augmented playtest as well?

docs.google.com/document/d/14xiRRju0zPb62Q2Q3Jqpqr8tosELq8I5kJcFm5YilLo/edit#

It got all of two posts about it when it first appeared.

No, we just didn't mentioning because the playtest content is shit and psicrystals are shit.

What are some jokes for galorion?

Here's what came up in play.

"It is extremely easy to beat Rovagug... in Jenga."

I've never liked angels. I prefer to play a good character that does good yet tells angels and gods to screw off. Not necessarily a jerk about it, but unwilling to bend to any particular divine agenda.

Playing an old man unsworn shaman. Going for massive versatility. Any ideas for good feats/items?

A centaur walks into an inn and the innkeeper says, why the long face? The innkeeper is dead now...

I like angels because once in a while it's refreshing to meet a powerful outsider that doesn't want to suck my soul out through my duck.

No, an angel will just ask you to "donate" it to the cause of good.

Are angels who want to hold hands and do other lewd things because they love you OK though?

Psicrystals are great.
Scouting utility that doesn't penalize you when they get accidentally killed, ignores magical darkness and silence, a few very neat combos with certain powers, and a second voice when roleplaying.
Also unlike familiars, available to any psionic class (need to take a trait for some) and multiclassing between psionic classes doesn't stunt their progression.

The Psicrystal augmented material is kinda underwhelming though, yeah. But fixing starts with feedback.

Yesssss, those are the absolute best.

Nothing quite so pure as a Paladin loving the celestial in his sword.

>Never played Monstergirl Quest

That's what the unseen servant spell is for. They do whatever you say, they can't talk, and if your dm doesn't allow that, there's not much he can say to prevent mage hand from working.

>Nothing quite so pure as a Paladin loving the celestial in his sword

>they're always holding hands in battle
>He oils her up and sharpens her figure at camp

Basically, the whole reason I play a wizard is to find the most insane usage of spells ever. My dm let me make a spell to bestow sentience and the ability to move to tiny pebbles. I them proceeded to create thousands of them and fill a bag of holding with them. When I ran out of ideas I'd empty the bag.

LEWD! TOO LEWD!

user please, don't do this to me, my DM never includes angels in his campaign.

>post art from a popular MtG card
>call it Pathfinder general

Fuck you, OP.

Normal relationships?

I assume they would try to kill you on account of you imprisoning them in a bag of holding.

Is this the new EDH general?

One of my DM's let a player be a succubus. My wizard had to explain to her that drider's don't have normal mammalian sex organs... sadly she found rope and rolled a nat 20...

I haven't talked about working the scabbard or pommel yet!

So, This day on Arodus 25th, Sheyln herself came down to Magnimar and Married off half the party to each other after they beseeched her for her blessing.

So i basically gave them the effects of Heroes' Feast for a full week.

Balanced?

They possessed only rudimentary intelligence and I convinced them I was there god. I made the first of my creations there leader and bestowed him the holy name of GEOffrey. I only kept them in the bag for transport, they had a whole biology I forget about but ya.

Art is art, stop bitching.

Nah, you want though they just hit bump limit.

Probably shouldn't have used an actual deity at a level where Heroes' Feast is still relevant.

I think we need a little more information, like the party members and what caused them to get married by a goddess.

Sounds balanced though, Heroes' Feast is good but it's not overpowered.

>last thread
>pregnancy
>humans in golarian are totally the same as humans on earth
Humans on golarain have very little sexual dimorphism it seems.

In their defence I did create them so it doesn't make much of a jump to believe I was some sort of divine being, especially since I was basically their only form of reproduction and food. I was a benevolent false-god.

What class is the best for being impregnated? I assume Oracle or perhaps Warpriest for solid Fort, good Wisdom and access to divine spells.

So when the Cloud domain's Thundercloud states

> This power functions as fog cloud except that creatures inside the cloud are deafened and take 2d6 points of electricity damage each round from the flashes of thunder and lightning.

Is that in addition to what fog cloud does, or is that instead of what fog cloud usually does?

See, I would actually expect a high-Fort class to be less good for being impregnated. Most miscarriages are the result of an immune response on a hair trigger, a less powerful immune system is preferable for bringing the child to term.

Well basically, Long Story Short, They're kinda celebrities at the moment in the Hereafter.

They became the first mortals to overcome the most degenerative condition in the world of Soul Sundering. Where their soul is split apart and mungled in such a way where they cant even pass on when they die. Its complete cessation of existence. Not even a recyling through the Maelstrom into a new soul. just poof, nothing.

In addtion to that, they've done a number of good things for Celestials in Sheyln's employ. So when they decided to get married and asked for a blessing from her. she decided to do the ceremony herself.

However she did screw up. It was originally two pairs getting married. When she actually just married them as a poly-amorous group.

>What class is the best for being impregnated? I assume Oracle or perhaps Warpriest for solid Fort, good Wisdom and access to divine spells.
Depends on the baby. If it's a normal child I'd say it doesn't make much difference unless your dm is a dick and makes you roll for possible death by childbirth. If it's some sort of zombie baby or alien chest burster. I'd suggest that next time you cast protection from pregnancy or maybe an enchanted sheath.

>Angels and Aasimar edition

Are Azata and Azata-blooded kosher? Because someday I hope to be allowed to have a Lillend bard as a cohort

in addition to, I would assume.

Alchemist.

Just refluff the tumor familiar.

Oh its a party of A Hospitalar Paladin, Bladebound magus, Arcanist, Picaroon Swashbuckler and a Ninja.

Shelyn wouldn't do that, bro. Shelyn is a huge sweetie that would pair them off instead of make it a big ole poly-pile.

Lillends canonically do not have vaginas.

In fact most Azatas I imagine lack sex organs, with the sole exceptions of the Ghaele and that Irish fuckboy.

>she actually just married them as a poly-amorous group.

Ooooh no.

Well when the party was saying "Marry us! Marry Us!" She married them. Its their fault for not being specific.

Planning on using it so they discover the slip up, and have the next arc go to Shelyn's demesne to get an Annulment so they can get it fixed.

Yes, and? I just think they're swell, that doesn't mean I'm looking to stick my dick in one.

Explain the tumor(baby)'s ability to meld back with the alchemist. Does it just crawl back up there? I have my doubts about the physical possibility of that.

On the subject of Aasimar...

If you could only have one alternate-heritage aasimar alongside the default version, which would it be and why?

Oh, sorry for the confusion! It's just, well we're in /pfg/, you know?

How fucked would a group be without a full caster in a campaign? Seems my party doesn't have one yet and I'm not exactly fond of playing them either, yet I feel we'll struggle without one.

The Angel-blooded so interested players can make the perfect paladin rather than the perfect cleric.

What sort of effect do you think casting magic would have on pregnancy? Or an Alchemist's various potions and shit? I sometimes just sit and think about stuff like that and I imagine it's just as autistic as it sounds.

Oh Yeah!!

Lets start broad and go with positive and negative energy.

Positive energy is just raw life energy if anything it might accelerate the gestation period.

And Negative energy might cause still birth.

I'm not totally against the idea, per-se, but the idea of having a celestial bard backing you up is intrinsically cool. Especially for like, a Chosen One Paladin, or Destined Eldritch Scion, homebrewed to not be ass

Please tell me about your adventures involving the Dark Tapestry!

Abusing health potions risks turning your child into an Ethumion. Not necessarily a bad thing!

Would regenerate restore your hymen?

Aren't like, all Outsiders a bunch of fucking shapeshifters?

Dude, I love the idea of a Chosen One Paladin with a songbird familiar that turns out to be the avatar of a powerful Azata.

Play on, you beautiful diamond.

>Negative energy might cause still birth.

Who told you this? Who spilled the beans?

>A living tumor familiar: okay
>At will unbirth: no that doesn't make sense

>with the sole exceptions of the Ghaele

The Ghaele is a being of raw light, I doubt she has a vagina unless she manifests one somewhere on her body.

Depends on the party comp. A party of 6th level casters is perfectly serviceable.

Did someone say 'pregnancy'? Because I heard somebody saying 'pregnancy'.

>the you will never convert and purify a Drakania of her corrupt nature

Friendly reminder that Calistria's herald canonically enjoys impregnation as a fetish.

Right now we're looking at a brawler, an investigator, and a soul weaver. Been heavily considering Druid or Warlord, depending on what the party needs.

I'd probably lean more towards a different class, just because I'm not a fan of only have 4th level spellcasting and only 2+Int skills. Though, if I were allowed to Gestalt Chosen One with something else? Especially with houseruled Eldritch Scion? Oh baby do I have a character I've been waiting to make an expy of.

Observing spells with similar language like Acid Fog, Cloudkill, Euphoric Cloud, Stinking Cloud and Cloud of Seasickness, you are correct - the Thundercloud ability simply adds the damage and deafening effect to the existing cloud. It should be noted that it states that 'this power functions as fog cloud', meaning it has every attribute thereof including range, duration, action required to activate the ability, and so forth as the spell, and also 'creatures inside the cloud' imply that there is still in fact a cloud as per the Fog Cloud spell, meaning it does limit visibility as well.

In 3.5 D&D, casting spells while pregnant could cause your baby to be born with sorcerer syndrome.

This was put in the bestiary just for the ERPers right? Nobody at Paizo could have been genuinely stupid enough to think his was anything other than fetish fuel?

Then again this is the company that made and printed what was essentially the 'Mask of Bestiality'.

>Calistria's herald

The giant fucking wasp?

d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/monstrous-humanoids/thriae
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/fey/alpluachra
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/plants/gro-kosh-pfu
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/magical-beasts/spider-eater
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/aberrations/lunarma
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/demon/demon-oolioddroo
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/qlippoth/qlippoth-gongorinan
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/aberrations/wolf-in-sheep-s-clothing
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/gloomwing
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/magical-beasts/gryph
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/vermin/botfly-giant
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/heralds/herald-of-passion
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/aberrations/phrenic-scourge
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/xill
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/plants/leaf-ray
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/aberrations/drakainia

This is exactly what I wanted to have on hand to show that this is a recurring issue, thanks user.

I mean, it's a valid danger for some creatures...parisites and parasitic wasps. If it's not your fetish than it is instead a legit terrifying threat.

I usually make my parasites into regular diseases instead of literal oviposition fetishit, but to each their own.

So Alien's is fucking magical realm. There are bugs and parasites that lay eggs in the bodies of animals IN REAL FUCKING LIFE. Nothing really fetishy about it unless they stick it up their ass.
I never got why people flip out about this, it's Echidna. Common fucking trope.

So has anybody leaked Strange Aeons part 1 yet? If not does anybody want to?

I never said anything bout fetishy, just gave links for user.

Context mother fucker. user complained about fetishy monsters You post some legitimate monsters along side some legit fetishy ones "Thirae, the Bee Folk" being the only one that jumped out at me immediately.

>Reaver archetype got updated, now has Reaver Insights

These... still aren't too exciting on the whole?
It's a step forward but only two or three of them really seem good.

I have some thoughts on this playtest. Should I share them?

They aren't happy thoughts.

I think so, she can also take the form of a stunning Elvish beauty when she feels like it.

DSP watches these threads for feedback.
You should share them, that's exactly what playtests are for.

No it was in the trash bestiary, Bestiary 4. Yeah, it gave us a couple nice things, but it was the cosmic mythic space who-gives-a-shit bestiary. Also all this stuff!

So /pfg/, tell me about your favorite bad archetypes. Not archetypes that you think are terrible, bad ideas. Archetypes you like the idea of, but they're absolute trash in execution, like Eldritch Scion or Metamorph. Tell me about them!

I want ideas for archetypes to look through and try to rework. I have a few already in mind, but I'm having a hard time remembering them all.

Flowing Monk.

Bladed Scarf Dancer Magus
Chameleon Rogue (Admittedly, rogue and stealth are fucked from the ground up)

Magical Child Vigilante

Holy Gun
Myrmidarch
There's probably a few more, but thats what comes to mind immediately

Kapenia Dancer isn't that bad. Its no worse than a Kensai, and its only real downside is diminished spellcasting

at least its not as bad as the Myrmidarch

d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/e/emblem-of-greed

Are there any other spell that turn Wizard/Sorcerer into a full BAB class without a down side (unlike Transformation which kill your spell casting ability).

BSD/Kapenia has two big problems though

>Bladed Scarves are shit for no reason whatsoever, and the archetype does nothing to make them worth using
>It requires you to be unarmored/lightly armored, but doesn't trade out medium or heavy armor proficiencies

Okay.

>Foreword
I don't think this adds anything to the product. I feel like it just wastes page space. It isn't really criticism, just a biased opinion on the nature of such things.

>Halo Knight
The name is a bit on the nose, but whatever.

>Armor proficiency
You should reduce page space by simply stating that Halo Knights lose shield proficiency. Also, why don't Psychic Warriors in general have heavy armor proficiency? For that matter, why do they only have 3/4 BAB? They're meant to be on the front lines for the most part anyway, all limiting their armor choice does is force them to be more MAD because they need to invest in DEX early on.

>Psionic Animus
Handy I guess. Also, there is a grammatical error. "by spending 2 power point". Needs an S. This isn't a very efficient way to generate animus, though. Not enough to be relied upon. A 1st-level Psychic Warrior only has 1PP. You can't even use this three times a day until 4th level or so. At least you don't need huge amounts of Animus, one per round will probably work fine for a while.

>Psychic Halo
The wording here is really awful.
>which grants 1 point of Wisdom bonus (if any) per halo knight level as a shield bonus to his AC.
Ugh. Word spaghetti. Try something like
>which grants a shield bonus to his AC equal to his Wisdom modifier or class level, whichever is lower.
Also, you should make it a Force effect so it can block incorporeal groping. Martials have a difficult time with that, and this has a holy feel to it. Consider a Ghost Touch ability for his weapon also.

>Warrior's path
That caveat is entirely so you can also take Pathwalker, isn't it?

>Anima Skills
No more combat feats? Why? Psychic Warriors aren't competent blasters, they don't have enough PP per day.

>Anima Flare
So now I can blast, but only every 3 Animus. The ability doesn't say what ability score the psi-like abilities key their DCs off of, and as written the ML used is the minimum, as normal for PLAs. This is useless.

>Animus Empowerment
It would be cooler if you spent animus to use this, could use it on allies' weapons, it had a short duration, and it scaled faster. As-is, it's very mediocre. +2 by 12th level isn't much to write home about. It's good for TWF PsyWars though, they don't have to pay as much for their competence. The energy damage isn't really worth it since PsyWars are 3/4 BAB and STR/DEX MAD so they struggle a little with accuracy. At least it stacks with metaphysical weapon. That's a +2 bonus at 1st level.

>Durable Halo
*/- isn't appropriate syntax, just write damage reduction/- instead. Besides that, good ability. Invulnerable Rager can suck a psicrystal.

>Empowered Halation
Some issues with this one. Firstly, the RAW of this is that the halo itself, not the PsyWar, gains the energy resistance, which is weird because it isn't an object. Secondly, the halo doesn't provide any energy resistance in the first place, so there's nothing to improve. Thirdly, it doesn't state what kind of energy it resists. You should probably specify that it's the active energy type or something. That would make more sense. The DR boost is handy though.

>Kinetic Halo
Garbage. You have to burn your already limited powers known on these powers, and at the time you take this skill you can't use more than one unless you retrain, and you can't use them efficiently because you have no PP unless you take Anima Flare. Why not just lump this together with Anima Flare once you fix what's wrong with it too? It might be worth using then. Alternatively, just give the PsyWar this whole thing, then make the Anima Skills offer status conditions you can add based on the element you're using. That would be much better than this.

>Palisade Wall
After 4th level and 18 Wisdom what the fuck is the point of this. Tower Shields aren't useful for cover because you spend actions to use it. Why does this exist? It's totally redundant. I could see taking it at 1st level or something but you'd just retrain out of it. It seems like a waste of space to me since it'd be a little too much at 1st level, you only need 16 AC or so early on to survive, this plus the DEX and probably hide armor to breastplate in the first 3 levels is too much, and then it's useless.

>Restorative Halo

This literally says X feet. The ability is otherwise fine because it isn't a drain on your actions (besides focus recovery), but what the fuck is that X supposed to be. 5 feet? 5 feet per level? 30 feet? 10,000 leagues under the sea? I get that it's a playtest and you don't have everything set in stone yet, but you're missing a pretty important hunk of rock there.

Also, you have disclaimers about compatibility everywhere. It would be simpler to specify at the beginning which abilities replace what and so forth.

>Animus Manifestation
Okay, so, you've removed combat feats from the list of bonus feats you can take but added metapsionic ones. But Anima Skills also compete for them. Then you also need Psionic Meditation for the focus expenditure of metapsionic feats and other class features, but also things like Power Attack for the first couple of rounds where you don't have animus. If you're trying to go raw blaster, you also can't use Anima Flare because you can't use metapsionic feats with psi-like abilities, so this is a non-synergistic ability, meaning you're paying the base AND augmentation costs out of your itty bitty PP pool, OR you're paying nothing but only get the base power effect that becomes useless like 3 levels later. These abilities are cool, why would you make them all not work together while also sacrificing the 'Knight' part of Halo Knight by making him bad at frontlining? He has no Concen. Boost!

At least it stacks with Eldritch Scion, giving you reason to pump Cha.

>Improved Psychic Halo
Oh, NOW it grants Energy Resistance. 9th level is way too late for this to come online, Resistance 10 is negligible because unlike physical damage, energy damage tends to come in giant fiery balls of death rather than a whole bunch of smaller attacks that add up. The DR/- is going to save you from a pouncing Dire Lion, this isn't going to save you from that dragon's Acid Breath. Also, why do I need all of them active at once? I'd rather have Resist 20 to my active energy type than 10 to a bunch of them. At least then if I get hit or the Wizard identifies the thing in front of us as a Gelatinous Cube I can switch it to Acid resistance so I don't die as fast. Unrelated, but if you want this class to be a blaster they need the Kineticist's ability to manifest powers of whatever energy type they want in spite of the active element because otherwise you'll end up having to choose between a damage type that works and energy resistance that's helpful which sucks.

Uncanny Dodge is only helpful if your GM likes to send NPC rogues at you, and if he does, he's kind of a dick. Dick protection is good, this is a good part of this feature.

>Animus Overchannel
12th level? Seriously? And I can't even use Animus to power it or avoid the damage or literally anything related to animus at all? And if I already have Overchannel this does jack shit for me? Awful. Just awful. Any blaster worth his collection of crispy kobolds had this probably at 1st or 3rd level. Oh, and I get the equivalent of Talented at 18th! Wow! How amazingly unhelpful. The Wizard is off making demiplanes and I can shoot my laser beam without killing myself.

>Blazing Halation
3/day abilities suck. No. Bad. Something else. Also it doesn't say what damage type it deals to attackers, untyped damage is a big no-no. The not dying for 3 animus is cool until you realize most things attack multiple times per round at 15th level so it's almost useless. Also, it's 15th level! Why!? Why not have it give you 1/day at 3rd level and +1/day at every 3rd level so it scales better? Or, better yet, give it a PP cost that increases with the duration and no daily limit of its own? The fuck?

>Psionic Halation Endurance
Whatever, it's a capstone, I won't even comment on it because it's a waste of time. You're 20th level, you might as well just write down 'You Win D&D' because basically nobody plays to 20th at all. The Wizard won D&D 3 levels ago anyway.

Should I continue? I don't know if I even want to read the other three archetypes if they're like this one.

True, but it still needs stuff nudged around to make it something worth taking. Most of its arcana are pretty lackluster, for example.

What would be a good thing to trade medium and heavy armor for, in your opinion? Would poaching the Quarterstaff archetype's AC bonus work, or should it be something else entirely? Is making the elasticity reach arcana into a "as long as you have 1 point" or "whenever the scarf is enhanced with your arcane pool" deal a good idea?

Maybe just keep it as is, except replace Diminished Spellcasting with the replacement to armor prof, that way you still have your casting to aid you.

Or, you can instead stack it with Bladebound, and have your Scarf as your Black Blade

I'm surprised the archetype doesn't involve Silk to Steel at all. At least as far as I recall. And it's a neat spell.

>Foreword
All books get this.
Doesn't need to be in the playtest maybe, but they're not going to remove it.

>Armor proficiency
They can't rewrite the base class, unfortunately. 3/4 BAB is because it's a 6/9 manifester, something closer to the psionic fighter is a Soulknife.

>That caveat is entirely so you can also take Pathwalker, isn't it?
They're incompatible last I checked. It's futureproofing, you see that wording in a lot of their stuff ever since the infamous paizo ruling that made a lot of archetypes not stack.

>Should I continue? I don't know if I even want to read the other three archetypes if they're like this one.

The archetypes in this playtest have two different writers and the style difference is pretty pronounced.